BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 13
Link Posted: 3/25/2024 12:11:30 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By FORDDIESELPOWER:
When going through the list of ads the ads take up more page space so its hard to quickly scan through a lot of them and you will have to go through more pages to see all of them.  The list length got longer by adding extra info pictures and blank space.  The old way was perfect very condensed, now it is hard to find things and the marketplace causes a lot of frustration.  Also thumbnail pictures in the list are not needed because you cant see the detail anyway.  We just need a text list like it was before.
Also there is about 1/4 less views on new ee listings than the old ones
View Quote

A simple icon indicating pics included in ads was a perfect idea. No need for the preview pics.
Link Posted: 3/25/2024 2:09:53 PM EDT
[#2]
Originally Posted By TGWLDR:

A simple icon indicating pics included in ads was a perfect idea. No need for the preview pics.
View Quote

A control panel setting that determines whether you get preview photos seems like the best solution.
Link Posted: 3/26/2024 12:05:15 AM EDT
[#3]
So, i may have missed it, but i understand i need to make an offer to leave feedback. Stupid and dumb, but whatever.

If i buy from a dealer, say i buy 10 mags and he's selling 100, in order to leave feedback, will the dealers ad get locked?
Link Posted: 3/26/2024 5:43:22 PM EDT
[#4]

View Quote
And that make more sense as people are linking pics in the ad text, like the old way, and not using the pic upload feature. That makes the ad appear to not have pics when it does.
Link Posted: 3/27/2024 1:32:01 PM EDT
[Last Edit: StealthyBlagga] [#5]
I just tried copy/pasting an old EE WTB ad into the new EE. I keep getting the error “Invalid zip/postal code”, even though I input a correct ZIP.  I’m using Safari on an iPhone 13.

Also, for a WTB, I’m not clear why I am required to input a price. Is this the maximum price I am willing to pay? I’d rather have the seller reach out with an offer without knowing what my price ceiling is.
Link Posted: 3/27/2024 2:38:52 PM EDT
[#6]
I recently sold my first item on the new EE. It went very smooth. I had two offers; the first was automatically rejected because it was below my stated minimum. The second was a "buy it now" type offer so I took it.

Feedback feature is kind of a pain until you learn how to use it. A word of warning to sellers: if you choose the CLOSED tab instead of the SOLD tab, you cannot leave or receive feedback.

I will say one thing... if the new EE eliminates the sniping it will be well worth it. I'm talking about when a buyer posts "I'll take it" literally seconds after the ad is posted only to get beat out by someone who chose to PM the seller without posting in his ad. That happened to me a couple of times.

Seems petty I know but it still pisses me off.
Link Posted: 3/27/2024 2:45:23 PM EDT
[#7]
Originally Posted By Cardplayer:
She's dead Jim.
View Quote

Link Posted: 3/27/2024 2:56:27 PM EDT
[#8]
Originally Posted By panzersergeant:

I will say one thing... if the new EE eliminates the sniping it will be well worth it. I'm talking about when a buyer posts "I'll take it" literally seconds after the ad is posted only to get beat out by someone who chose to PM the seller without posting in his ad. That happened to me a couple of times.

Seems petty I know but it still pisses me off.
View Quote

The seller has always been able to choose who he wants to sell to and there is no first come first serve.  He can continue to do so with the new thing.
Link Posted: 3/27/2024 3:31:58 PM EDT
[#9]
Originally Posted By FDC:

The seller has always been able to choose who he wants to sell to and there is no first come first serve.  He can continue to do so with the new thing.
View Quote

I was waiting for someone like you to chime in.

But to your point I can see that if the potential buyer has poor feedback or maybe he's a nevertrump or something, but other than that it's still fucked up.
Link Posted: 3/27/2024 4:55:17 PM EDT
[#10]
Originally Posted By Bye_Felicia:

I'm really curious how EE traffic (new posts and views) has been since the switch over.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By Mindfull:
This new EE was not designed to be easy.

I did a big gun stuff clean up and purge today. I have a couple high dollar things I want to buy.

Under the old EE I'd have made 4 ads each containing multiple things, it would be easy to manage.
Under the new EE I would need to make 30 different ads.

I'm going to end up just posting 1 or 2 things at a time, maybe. Still haven't decided if its worth the effort.

I had a bunch of stuff to list as well, I started to do make ads and came to the realization that it was a pain in the ass and not worth my time. I'll just hold on to stuff or sale it locally.
At this point, ive stopped looking at the ee entirely which is unfortunate because I've spent quite a bit of my time here browsing it and dealing in it.
It was and has been a huge factor in me paying to be a member here and at this point I'll probably let that lapse as well.

I'm really curious how EE traffic (new posts and views) has been since the switch over.

I’m very curious as well, although I’m not sure they would admit it if their new system caused the traffic to tank.

I could be wrong, but as someone who has been looking at the EE just about every day for the past like 6-7 years I think there is significantly less stuff being listed.  Not surprising when people who don’t even use a thing try and mess around and “improve” said thing.
Link Posted: 3/27/2024 8:32:43 PM EDT
[#11]
Originally Posted By IronOnMe:

I’m very curious as well, although I’m not sure they would admit it if their new system caused the traffic to tank.

I could be wrong, but as someone who has been looking at the EE just about every day for the past like 6-7 years I think there is significantly less stuff being listed.  Not surprising when people who don’t even use a thing try and mess around and “improve” said thing.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By IronOnMe:
Originally Posted By Mindfull:
This new EE was not designed to be easy.

I did a big gun stuff clean up and purge today. I have a couple high dollar things I want to buy.

Under the old EE I'd have made 4 ads each containing multiple things, it would be easy to manage.
Under the new EE I would need to make 30 different ads.

I'm going to end up just posting 1 or 2 things at a time, maybe. Still haven't decided if its worth the effort.

I had a bunch of stuff to list as well, I started to do make ads and came to the realization that it was a pain in the ass and not worth my time. I'll just hold on to stuff or sale it locally.
At this point, ive stopped looking at the ee entirely which is unfortunate because I've spent quite a bit of my time here browsing it and dealing in it.
It was and has been a huge factor in me paying to be a member here and at this point I'll probably let that lapse as well.

In another thread, Goatboy mentioned that there is more traffic to the new EE.

I used to browse rifles and handguns daily and it is evident there are fewer new postings in the new EE.

I’d find it hard to believe that there were more postings given the convoluted nature of reaching the new EE as well. The “equipment exchange” top bar still takes you to the old EE, for instance.
Link Posted: 3/27/2024 8:48:53 PM EDT
[#12]
Originally Posted By Lothbrok:

I used to browse rifles and handguns daily and it is evident there are fewer new postings in the new EE.

I’d find it hard to believe that there were more postings given the convoluted nature of reaching the new EE as well. The “equipment exchange” top bar still takes you to the old EE, for instance.
View Quote

The only reason there might be more traffic to the EE right now is because of the recent changes which are understandably causing complaints, people posting threads in GD, and driving people there to check it out who may not have frequented it before. There is undoubtably less items being posted. Once I close up a few deals I’m working and ads I have open, I’m likely going to hang it up.
Link Posted: 3/27/2024 9:13:52 PM EDT
[#13]
Originally Posted By Nate19:

>I’m likely going to hang it up.
View Quote

There is a large consensus here that is in agreement with your statement .
Link Posted: 3/27/2024 11:08:28 PM EDT
[#14]
But to your point I can see that if the potential buyer has poor feedback or maybe he's a nevertrump or something, but other than that it's still fucked up
View Quote
No, it isn't.
Link Posted: 3/28/2024 8:21:21 AM EDT
[#15]

View All Quotes
Originally Posted By Nate19:

>I’m likely going to hang it up.

Agreed. I *had* two ads. Emphasis on had. Been here 10 years or better, bought and sold many things. Full stop now because of this.

I’d have done it differently, however I’m neither a mod nor an admin. Nor do I want to be. I’m just annoyed that people think a functional aspect needed to be totally rebuilt into a clusterfuck.
Link Posted: 3/28/2024 8:41:35 AM EDT
[#16]
Originally Posted By Jason280:
No, it isn't.
View All Quotes
But to your point I can see that if the potential buyer has poor feedback or maybe he's a nevertrump or something, but other than that it's still fucked up
No, it isn't.

Yeah, I haven't sold anything on the EE simply because they were the first to say "dibs".

Link Posted: 3/28/2024 11:20:54 AM EDT
[#17]
ARF's EE has been my favorite for a long time, so I'm a bit hesitant with the changes. I'm an old school forum classifieds junkie and have been using forum classifieds for a long time on various boards (from firearms to cars to photography) - and the current/old setup here at ARF has always been the easiest to use, offers a great feedback system, etc.

Having used the new system now for purchasing and currently listing an item, it's not bad. I still like the current/old system better, but I can appreciate the upgrade and the want to make it better.

Couple questions:
1. Will the "My EE Listings" link be updated at some point and route to the "My Tools" or "Active Listings" page?

2. Is it possible to share post statistics with the seller (page/ad views, clicks, etc.)?? This would be nice to see as a seller.

The only other question I have - and this is more for fellow EE users - does it seem like the volume of listings has gone down? I watch the EE pretty closely, and I feel like there are less new listings than before.

Link Posted: 3/28/2024 12:26:07 PM EDT
[#18]
Link Posted: 3/28/2024 1:09:25 PM EDT
[#19]
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By 67Firebird:
Originally Posted By Muad:
The only other question I have - and this is more for fellow EE users - does it seem like the volume of listings has gone down? I watch the EE pretty closely, and I feel like there are less new listings than before.

https://www.ar15.com/forums/general/New-EE-ad-volume-way-down/5-2715222/

Thanks. Post #41 from the Goat Man appears to address this (and notes the opposite of what I have perceived).
Link Posted: 3/28/2024 2:16:07 PM EDT
[Last Edit: sheltot] [#20]
Link Posted: 3/28/2024 2:52:11 PM EDT
[Last Edit: tortilla-flats] [#21]
I'll say this. Up till now, I've been doing my best to be constructive in my criticism and generally positive in my responses.

But if EE Mods are handing out warnings (or threatening to) about EE ads while we're still trying to sort out how this new format works, you are treading very close to a line I don't think needs to be crossed.

Link Posted: 3/28/2024 2:58:18 PM EDT
[Last Edit: tortilla-flats] [#22]
Originally Posted By sheltot:

Can you explain this statement?  There is no "dibs" in the EE.

ETA:  If someone craps in one of your ads, report it and an EE mod or staffer can take care of it.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By tortilla-flats:
Originally Posted by panzersergeant:
No, it isn't.

Yeah, I haven't sold anything on the EE simply because they were the first to say "dibs".

Can you explain this statement?  There is no "dibs" in the EE.

ETA:  If someone craps in one of your ads, report it and an EE mod or staffer can take care of it.

panzersergeant is saying a seller is a shit bird if they don't sell to the first person to say dibs/I'll take it. Jason280 and I are disagreeing with that premise. No one is shitting in anyone's EE threads.
Link Posted: 3/28/2024 3:55:09 PM EDT
[Last Edit: FDC] [#23]
I'll say this. Up till now, I've been doing my best to be constructive in my criticism and generally positive in my responses. But if Mods are handing out warnings (or threatening to) while we're still trying to sort out how this new format works, you are treading very close to a line I don't think needs to be crossed.
View Quote

Yeah, I've stopped commenting in some threads.

It's not worth it.

I'm getting a gun prepped to put on consignment instead of dealing with the upside down airplane that a couple of lumberjacks half built in flight and want us to beta test.

Shit ain't getting fixed, so fuck it.

Needless to say I'm frustrated with the whole situation.

Link Posted: 3/28/2024 4:16:42 PM EDT
[Last Edit: tortilla-flats] [#24]

It's not worth it.

I'm getting a gun prepped to put on consignment instead of dealing with the upside down airplane that a couple of lumberjacks half built in flight and want us to beta test.

View All Quotes
I'll say this. Up till now, I've been doing my best to be constructive in my criticism and generally positive in my responses. But if Mods are handing out warnings (or threatening to) while we're still trying to sort out how this new format works, you are treading very close to a line I don't think needs to be crossed.

It's not worth it.

Yep, thanks. And let me clarify, I'm specifically talking about EE mods handing out warnings (or threatening to) about the content of new EE ads.

Link Posted: 3/28/2024 5:11:21 PM EDT
[#25]
Link Posted: 3/28/2024 5:28:20 PM EDT
[#26]

So what's that got to do with you not selling something because of someone calling dibs?  Your post didn't make sense.

And heaven forbid you get an IM telling you you've committed a rule violation instead of a warning.
View All Quotes

panzersergeant is saying a seller is a shit bird if they don't sell to the first person to say dibs/I'll take it. Jason280 and I are disagreeing with that premise. No one is shitting in anyone's EE threads.

So what's that got to do with you not selling something because of someone calling dibs?  Your post didn't make sense.

And heaven forbid you get an IM telling you you've committed a rule violation instead of a warning.

It makes sense if you have any reading comprehension and don't try to interject in the middle of something you aren't properly following; especially, as you note yourself, it doesn't make any sense. Maybe because you're not tracking.

And fuck your "rule violation". Your shit ain't wired tight in that space and you might want to check with higher. Are you aware that there are 2 sets of EE rules right now? Which #13 rule am I in violation of?

Link Posted: 3/28/2024 5:46:00 PM EDT
[#27]
Link Posted: 3/28/2024 6:28:55 PM EDT
[#28]
Link Posted: 3/28/2024 6:33:58 PM EDT
[#29]
Originally Posted By GoatBoy:
Couple of updates went live including a TEXT VIEW (forum view renamed as such) and tracking ads which you have viewed. (Visited listings will show a green line on the left side of the listing.

A bunch of other fixes and issues addressed as well. Tons more to work on and we will continue to address things!
View Quote

Perfect. How about the fix multiple items? We there yet?
Link Posted: 3/28/2024 6:50:46 PM EDT
[#30]
Originally Posted By Cardplayer:

Perfect. How about the fix multiple items? We there yet?
View Quote
Yes, especially as the Mods have started handing out warnings for rule violations.
Link Posted: 3/28/2024 6:51:07 PM EDT
[#31]
Link Posted: 3/28/2024 7:24:33 PM EDT
[#32]

Bigger fix involved for multiple item listings, but it is being worked on! Hopefully we will role out bumping adjustments soon and maybe the counter-offer system shortly afterwards. The goal for that is to help speed up the buyer/seller interactions without going to IM. Also will probably rename the offer button to be more inviting.

To summarize the updated "offer" exchange:
- Make offer, can include text comment to seller.
- Seller can accept, reject, or counter-offer with optional comment to buyer.
- If counter-offer is made, buyer can accept or reject.

If the above ends in rejection, buyer can always make a new offer to buy the item. Comments will be included within the offer so neither side has to leave the EE to check IMs.
View Quote

I’ve got to ask. How is all that any better than the old EE?

If I’m online and buying or selling in the EE, I never leave the EE I just open another window to view IMs.
This change makes no sense from a buyer or seller standpoint  
Link Posted: 3/28/2024 7:30:01 PM EDT
[#33]
Link Posted: 3/28/2024 7:39:27 PM EDT
[#34]

Bigger fix involved for multiple item listings, but it is being worked on! Hopefully we will role out bumping adjustments soon and maybe the counter-offer system shortly afterwards. The goal for that is to help speed up the buyer/seller interactions without going to IM. Also will probably rename the offer button to be more inviting.

To summarize the updated "offer" exchange:
- Make offer, can include text comment to seller.
- Seller can accept, reject, or counter-offer with optional comment to buyer.
- If counter-offer is made, buyer can accept or reject.

If the above ends in rejection, buyer can always make a new offer to buy the item. Comments will be included within the offer so neither side has to leave the EE to check IMs.
View Quote

@GoatBoy
Ok, thank you.
Don't forget the ability for multiple members to leave feedback to seller and vice-versa, seller feedback to multiple buyers.

Link Posted: 3/28/2024 8:29:48 PM EDT
[#35]
Originally Posted By WILSON:

It's not worth getting whizzed-off over that. I'd just ask him to issue a second note saying "Please ignore the previous warning. It was issued while the EE was in flux"
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By WILSON:
Yes, especially as the Mods have started handing out warnings for rule violations.

It's not worth getting whizzed-off over that. I'd just ask him to issue a second note saying "Please ignore the previous warning. It was issued while the EE was in flux"

Link Posted: 3/28/2024 8:32:31 PM EDT
[#36]
Originally Posted By Lothbrok:

View Quote

More traffic can definitely mean more visitors which would seem reasonable since this is a new major change and the membership wants to check it out.

However, more visitors does not mean more ads or more buying and selling.

This was a terribly implemented idea.
Link Posted: 3/28/2024 8:39:14 PM EDT
[#37]
Couple of updates went live including a TEXT VIEW (forum view renamed as such) and tracking ads which you have viewed. (Visited listings will show a green line on the left side of the listing.

A bunch of other fixes and issues addressed as well. Tons more to work on and we will continue to address things!
View Quote

I’m confused.

It was stated very clearly that arfcom isn’t tracking who buys and sells but now arfcom is logging every item that you have viewed?

Link Posted: 3/28/2024 9:06:17 PM EDT
[#38]
Link Posted: 3/28/2024 9:09:02 PM EDT
[#39]
Link Posted: 3/28/2024 10:06:57 PM EDT
[#40]
I sent my dude an IM (week ago now) asking him to complete the new EE transaction between us, as we were supposed to, but I don’t think he has any intention of doing that. Hence we won’t be able to leave feedback for each other.

So at this point, do I just close the ad? And chalk this one up to a lesson learned?
Link Posted: 3/29/2024 1:36:34 AM EDT
[#41]
Originally Posted By ChandlerKJ:
The EE was the best classified section of any gun type forum hands down because of the way it was structured.  
View Quote

^ i agree

so how do i handle feedback?
... when i made a post like prior EE, bought item & seller shipped
didnt see feedback button, perused GD thread on new EE.
so i went back & clicked 'place offer' & seller rejected it
LOL

Link Posted: 3/29/2024 1:44:28 AM EDT
[#42]
Originally Posted By cwm1150:
So what will be done with transaction records? Will the site know who buys what and start reporting us to the IRS for tax purposes if your selling  I mainly buy and don't sell here. The EE was nice and IMO easy to use. Not sure about this new version.
View Quote

was this answered already?  as i didnt see anything

Link Posted: 3/29/2024 1:47:15 AM EDT
[#43]
Ive been around here long enough to remember the revolt around the first EE V2.0
Link Posted: 3/29/2024 3:47:32 AM EDT
[Last Edit: ChandlerKJ] [#44]
So you've deleted all of my arfcom media?? WTF is going on? As I've said, this will down as one of the greatest blunders in arfcom history.

Media is intact. Disregard my panic.
Link Posted: 3/29/2024 3:52:07 AM EDT
[#45]
Again, something messed with that didn’t need messing with.  Higher agendas in play.
Link Posted: 3/29/2024 9:40:11 AM EDT
[#46]
Link Posted: 3/29/2024 5:58:41 PM EDT
[#47]
Sorry if I missed this in the last ten pages of complaining, but I had a couple of requests:

- Can we see the total number of views and comments/posts as part of the ad display? I like seeing this metric, not only on my ads but also other ads to gauge the interest level or if something is overpriced.
- Can we get the preview line feature when you hover over the ad? Like when you hover over any thread title and it gives you the first few lines of the post? I always thought that was helpful.

"Change is not a four letter word, but often your reaction to it is."
Link Posted: 3/29/2024 6:08:59 PM EDT
[#48]
Link Posted: 3/29/2024 6:55:33 PM EDT
[#49]
Regarding this rule:
Do not delete ad text, including prices, or subject lines. Doing so may result in a temporary suspension from the site. Leaving the subject lines and prices intact allows others to search items out and gauge current market value.
View Quote

Objectively, allowing this is straight up data mining. With all the expressed concern about transaction tracking and the site's statements that these concerns are unfounded, how is this even a rule?

Link Posted: 3/29/2024 8:57:34 PM EDT
[#50]
Regarding this rule:

Objectively, allowing this is straight up data mining. With all the expressed concern about transaction tracking and the site's statements that these concerns are unfounded, how is this even a rule?

View All Quotes
Regarding this rule:
Do not delete ad text, including prices, or subject lines. Doing so may result in a temporary suspension from the site. Leaving the subject lines and prices intact allows others to search items out and gauge current market value.

That's been a rule here since forever.
Page / 13
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top