User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 13
Link Posted: 3/11/2024 7:43:29 AM EDT
[#1]
Hmmmm....
Link Posted: 3/11/2024 7:45:47 AM EDT
[#2]
Format takes some getting used to, because it’s change. But at first browse I really like it. Don’t listen to the haters.
Link Posted: 3/11/2024 7:46:44 AM EDT
[#3]
Good job with the update.... so you're telling me that a tiny poor site like AR15.com has the time AND manpower to update the EE.... But Facebook Marketplace (the only thing I used FB for) is used by 100000% more people, ran by billionaire's and on the NYSE and they cant even seem to update their marketplace almost since it launched?

Thanks for putting the time and effort in.
Link Posted: 3/11/2024 7:48:32 AM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
The new system is also going to make it sooooooo much easier for .gov to track the secondary market, and ensure that people get nailed for not reporting said sales on their taxes.  Yeah, most people are probably selling at a loss, but who keeps receipts for EVERY item they ever bought just in case they need to prove to the IRS they didn't make a profit on it?  Nobody, that's who.  
View Quote

It's not just taxes. For example, if this system had existed all along the ATF could have used it to identify bump stock purchasers.

Link Posted: 3/11/2024 8:48:00 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

It's not just taxes. For example, if this system had existed all along the ATF could have used it to identify bump stock purchasers.

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
The new system is also going to make it sooooooo much easier for .gov to track the secondary market, and ensure that people get nailed for not reporting said sales on their taxes.  Yeah, most people are probably selling at a loss, but who keeps receipts for EVERY item they ever bought just in case they need to prove to the IRS they didn't make a profit on it?  Nobody, that's who.  

You're not wrong about that.

It seems that getting rid of stuff is just getting harder and harder, with increasing risk of .gov hassle.  Now that the IRS is going to be using AI to help ID people who might not be reporting every damn dollar that comes into their hands, regardless of whether or not they lost money on the transaction or not, selling even small items just to clear out the closet/parts bin, etc, is becoming increasingly fraught with potential future hassle.

I may have to see if my gun club allows for sale items on its bulletin boards.  The more "high tech" the selling experience becomes, the more hassle and risk filled it becomes.
Link Posted: 3/11/2024 8:57:49 AM EDT
[#6]
As a guy who doesn't much care for change, I'll admit that & hold off going full curmudgeon. I've yet to personally use supposedly improved system, maybe later today.

But as mentioned repeatedly so far, this 1 item per ad rule is fucking retarded. If I've got 20 M4 handguards I don't want 20 separate listings for the same thing, unless selling them as a lot. Most people on here have no need 20 at once & have no desire to poke through pages to find the same sellers other listings for the same item. It's annoying & burdensome.  

I didn't know about the forthcoming changes & my 1st thought at seeing a new ad was "How the hell did I get to gunbroker". It initially looks like a gunjoker ad, which is a major turn off for a lot of folks. This place should look like Arfcom, not the ultimate gouger site.

After reading 5 pages of comments I understand that the fees are now for dealer (which the new setup sounds like an improvement for them, so kudos) & a $5 cc verification fee nor non members. But I share the concerns that this is a set up for making it a 100% pay to play system for everyone, including paying members.  This is one of two sites I pay a membership fee for. Expressly because I believe in supporting a forum I use to make a few bucks myself.  I don't sell enough here every year to cover my membership each year, if it becomes a 100% pay to play EE, I personally wouldn't see the point in a membership,  not when I could pay $5 a few times a year & still do what I need to. I'm sure there are more than a few like-minded members here.

Rant over.
Link Posted: 3/11/2024 9:24:18 AM EDT
[#7]
Thanks for update goatboy. I'll read up on it...got couple things I need to upload pics for....
Link Posted: 3/11/2024 9:33:52 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

View Quote

We took positive steps for privacy by scrubbing the names from the archives.

This one with the record retention described in the OP is a big step backwards.

The board was obviously going to cooperate with orders/warrants, but this one makes stuff way to easy to hand over detailed transactions after ATF suddenly decides some random legal item is now illegal.
Link Posted: 3/11/2024 9:41:32 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

We took positive steps for privacy by scrubbing the names from the archives.

This one with the record retention described in the OP is a big step backwards.

The board was obviously going to cooperate with orders/warrants, but this one makes stuff way to easy to hand over detailed transactions after ATF suddenly decides some random legal item is now illegal.
View Quote

It’s ok, Goatboy will continue to dodge this question to avoid being the bad guy middleman…
Link Posted: 3/11/2024 9:58:20 AM EDT
[#10]
Link Posted: 3/11/2024 10:03:35 AM EDT
[#11]
Why this wasn't started in the EE vs here is beyond me.
Link Posted: 3/11/2024 10:17:43 AM EDT
[#12]
Now that I am getting more used to it, I think I really like it!  Good work!
Link Posted: 3/11/2024 10:37:28 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

This.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
@goatboy

Any way we can get a marker of some sort that shows what EE posts we have clicked on?  

This.

Ditto.
Link Posted: 3/11/2024 10:51:23 AM EDT
[#14]
I may be missing it, but what delineates whether I've previously viewed a listing since the last time I visited? Is there going to be a marked as read button?

The last time this site had a major overhaul I dropped my long standing paid membership, because the change removed features I enjoyed and was happy to pay to have. I just recently became a paying member again. I'm not going to pull my support for this forum again at first glance, but it isn't looking good at this point.
Link Posted: 3/11/2024 11:19:00 AM EDT
[#15]
Link Posted: 3/11/2024 11:24:33 AM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/147863/036967B7-3314-4EDC-A3D2-28D6CB7559FA-3155137.jpg
Is there plans to eventually charge a per item fee for low volume sellers?
View Quote

Gunbroker charges like 5% which is very reasonable unlike Ebay which charges 13% and also charges that 13% on the sales tax and shipping the buyer pays.
Link Posted: 3/11/2024 11:56:04 AM EDT
[#17]
Link Posted: 3/11/2024 11:58:09 AM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

He's already answered it.

Now please give it a rest.  This thread is for constructive feedback, not fear mongering.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

It’s ok, Goatboy will continue to dodge this question to avoid being the bad guy middleman…

He's already answered it.

Quoted:

If you want to be part of the discussion, then please stop the same old fear mongering.

I've been clear on the transactions and who will pay what, we also spelled it out in the help files. As for tracking info, yes it's a little cleaner on the data side on who did what, but the old system has most of that data and the gov typically goes to seller for the specific info on a transaction.

Now please give it a rest.  This thread is for constructive feedback, not fear mongering.

That's not answering much and it would be nice to know what is retained, how, and by whom.

Until then, it is not fear mongering.  It is a valid concern for when the "gov" decides to not go to the seller, but to the board for its records of sales transactions.

Just because the gov "typically" goes to the seller, doesn't mean we need to store transaction data here to hand it all on a neatly indexed silver platter.
Link Posted: 3/11/2024 11:59:08 AM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
Now that I am getting more used to it, I think I really like it!  Good work!
View Quote

I've got to pick up some flat rate boxes from the post office, but I'll probably list something tomorrow.

It seems OK for simple items.
Link Posted: 3/11/2024 12:14:37 PM EDT
[#20]
Link Posted: 3/11/2024 12:23:11 PM EDT
[#21]
it will work out
Link Posted: 3/11/2024 12:36:24 PM EDT
[#22]
Link Posted: 3/11/2024 12:45:14 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
I had my first try at a sale last night and I could not accept the offer. It just said Invalid Offer. We just did the sale without going through the system.
View Quote

Post up in the EE C&Q subforum. Post a link to ad and have the other party post as well, you can then trade feedback if interested.
Link Posted: 3/11/2024 12:54:42 PM EDT
[#24]
Link Posted: 3/11/2024 12:57:23 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:

Will do. Thanks
View Quote

@TOTHEMAX

EE help, tips, and How To is the new name that Staff assigned.  I assume that it still works the same. (?)
Link Posted: 3/11/2024 12:58:33 PM EDT
[#26]
Link Posted: 3/11/2024 12:58:36 PM EDT
[#27]
Just a couple suggestions that I have no doubt will be glossed over -
Remove PayPal from the front page of the listings and just allow pp or ppff on the item page on firearm related items.
Still allow imgur photos(or am I missing this feature) I've forgotten how to add photos to my media here .
Maybe tack this discussion on the EE forum, it may get some exposure for constructive discussion.
Just tried to convert from old listing to new format of 25 ar15 magazines I have listed and is only allowing me 10 max on the new format.
Link Posted: 3/11/2024 1:10:13 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:

@TGWLDR

Copy. Disregard the message I sent you as this is the area I found. Thanks
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Will do. Thanks

@TOTHEMAX

EE help, tips, and How To is the new name that Staff assigned.  I assume that it still works the same. (?)

@TGWLDR

Copy. Disregard the message I sent you as this is the area I found. Thanks

Too late. [img]/images/smilies/icon_smile_big.gif[/img
Stay safe!
Link Posted: 3/11/2024 1:14:20 PM EDT
[#29]
Link Posted: 3/11/2024 3:05:12 PM EDT
[#30]
Link Posted: 3/11/2024 4:09:10 PM EDT
[#31]
I like the old EE it works. So do I as a team member have to pay to list my stuff?
Link Posted: 3/11/2024 4:19:16 PM EDT
[#32]
Link Posted: 3/11/2024 4:33:32 PM EDT
[#33]
Well I decided to try out the new EE and list some items.  Overall, not a painful process.  Being able to upload a picture directly instead of using a 3rd party website is helpful.  Being able to put up text removes the biggest concern I had about not being able to list more than one item per ad (not that I've gone and listed all those small lots of brass, etc, yet).

One concern I have is the requiring my credit card # to "validate" and make sales.  I am really uncomfortable giving that out, due to hacking concerns.  In any case, what would stop some scammer from giving the # to say a Visa debit card that has a few bucks on it?  Also, is the fee $5 for a year for the privelege of being a non-team member selling some of my stuff, or is the validation a $5 charge to verify the card, then its removed?
Link Posted: 3/11/2024 4:36:44 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:
Just a couple suggestions that I have no doubt will be glossed over -
Remove PayPal from the front page of the listings and just allow pp or ppff on the item page on firearm related items.
Still allow imgur photos(or am I missing this feature) I've forgotten how to add photos to my media here .
Maybe tack this discussion on the EE forum, it may get some exposure for constructive discussion.
Just tried to convert from old listing to new format of 25 ar15 magazines I have listed and is only allowing me 10 max on the new format.
View Quote

May I get a reply please? @Stylz @GoatBoy
Thanks
Link Posted: 3/11/2024 4:45:08 PM EDT
[#35]
What is the threshold that takes you from a no fee member and a fee paid dealer or "power seller" account?
Link Posted: 3/11/2024 4:45:40 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:
I've been surfing through it this morning and it's still bad.

Click on a picture to pop up and it's bigger but not big enough to discern real details.  Same as the rest of the board.  It's not good.

It still feels like checking out at some second rate internet storefront.  

I realize that Goat and Sub have put in a lot of work on this but it has changed the tenor of the EE.  It used to be an online gunshow put on by your local gun club.  Now it is a business.

Questions.

Are guys allowed to post multiple items in a post?  If not that will clog up the EE.

Can someone explain how bumping will work now?  I read about it here but I'm not sure I understand.
View Quote

I asked this earlier and GB answered (check above a couple posts) Although I’m still a bit confused.

Link Posted: 3/11/2024 4:47:23 PM EDT
[#37]
Link Posted: 3/11/2024 4:49:10 PM EDT
[#38]
Link Posted: 3/11/2024 4:49:44 PM EDT
[#39]
Link Posted: 3/11/2024 4:55:09 PM EDT
[#40]
Link Posted: 3/11/2024 5:00:18 PM EDT
[#41]
Link Posted: 3/11/2024 5:03:17 PM EDT
[#42]
Link Posted: 3/11/2024 5:04:13 PM EDT
[#43]
Link Posted: 3/11/2024 5:46:00 PM EDT
[#44]
Link Posted: 3/11/2024 5:51:02 PM EDT
[#45]
Link Posted: 3/11/2024 6:16:43 PM EDT
[#46]
Ok, I am posting again...

A couple things about the new EE

1. Why do we need a thumbnail in the ad listing? It seems to clutter up the clean listing format. Just put a check mark in the listing indicating it has a picture when you click on the ad and open it. The thumbnail is too small to see any real detail anyways. Just get rid of it. It adds unnecessary clutter.

2. One of the things of beauty of the old (better EE) was the spacing between ads in list form was much closer together. This made browsing MUCH more pleasant and faster. It was visually more appealing to scan a lot of line items all at once for what caught your eye. This new format makes that much more difficult. At least for my brain.

Link Posted: 3/11/2024 6:24:28 PM EDT
[#47]
Is there a way to upgrade to a “power seller” account even though I actually sell very little?

I want to be able to tell babes in real life that I’m a “power seller”.
Link Posted: 3/11/2024 6:27:25 PM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:
Is there a way to upgrade to a “power seller” account even though I actually sell very little?

I want to be able to tell babes in real life that I’m a “power seller”.
View Quote

Link Posted: 3/11/2024 7:12:55 PM EDT
[#49]
Link Posted: 3/11/2024 7:23:03 PM EDT
[#50]
So, we won't be able to use imgur for pictures?
Page / 13
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top