BCM
User Panel

Supercross 2024 (Page 2 of 3)
Page / 3
Link Posted: 3/26/2024 2:45:09 PM EDT
[Last Edit: boolzi] [#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By Anastasios:
Did any of you watch the races last weekend?
View Quote

I did. Was good. Kitchen dominates the 250 west and it was a great race 450 race with coop and sexton. Then the next day i went outside and pretended to be a mx’er like the 52 yo child i am.
Link Posted: 3/26/2024 4:54:30 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Anastasios] [#2]
Originally Posted By boolzi:

I did. Was good. Kitchen dominates the 250 west and it was a great race 450 race with coop and sexton. Then the next day i went outside and pretended to be a mx’er like the 52 yo child i am.
https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/445788/IMG_0841-3170103.jpg
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes

You need more triples with shin deep ruts.
Link Posted: 3/26/2024 5:16:47 PM EDT
[#3]

View All Quotes

It’s incredible what these guys do. Mx tracks are nothing compared to supercross tracks, a rutted up rhythm section would sideline most fast mx’ers.
Even the lappers, or the guys in the middle of the lcq’s are incredibly talented. Whoops are crazy huge. Love watching it. I really dont watch MX anymore but i dont miss supercross. Only sport I watch.
Link Posted: 3/26/2024 6:07:58 PM EDT
[#4]

It’s incredible what these guys do. Mx tracks are nothing compared to supercross tracks, a rutted up rhythm section would sideline most fast mx’ers.
Even the lappers, or the guys in the middle of the lcq’s are incredibly talented. Whoops are crazy huge. Love watching it. I really dont watch MX anymore but i dont miss supercross. Only sport I watch.
View All Quotes

That last race was a showpiece for just how good those guys are. I'm going to watch the replay sometime soon.

SX is definitely a TV sport for me. Easier to follow the action.

For me, MX is best watched outdoors trackside. Easy to roam the track with plenty of time to do so.
Link Posted: 3/26/2024 6:10:02 PM EDT
[#5]
The ruts are insane.  Takes some big balls and a shit ton of skill to ride a track like that.
 In 2005 I was at Glen Helen riding on an open practice day.  Most of us normal riders were going 1st or maybe 2nd gear through (some going off track to skip them) these long ruts just before a jump.  Then here comes some pro maybe Tedesco, wide fucking open front wheel just barely touching the ground and launches the jump perfectly.
Link Posted: 3/26/2024 6:36:57 PM EDT
[Last Edit: TonyRumore] [#6]
Originally Posted By WIZZO_ARAKM14:
I'm still stuck in the days of Mike Larocco, McGrath, Carmichael, Lusk, Windam, Reed, Vuilleman, Emig, Huffman, and Pastrana. Those were amazing times to watch those guys and I miss it.
View Quote

I'm a bit older than you.  Hannah, DeCoster, Sun, Chandler (Magoo), Howerton, Ward, etc.  Danny Chandler was the wild man of the group.....he was crazy to watch, smoking everyone's ass until he would crash.  Eventually, that riding style caught up with him.

Tony

Link Posted: 3/26/2024 6:39:36 PM EDT
[Last Edit: nightstalker] [#7]

I did. Was good. Kitchen dominates the 250 west and it was a great race 450 race with coop and sexton. Then the next day i went outside and pretended to be a mx'er like the 52 yo child i am.
View All Quotes

I did. Was good. Kitchen dominates the 250 west and it was a great race 450 race with coop and sexton. Then the next day i went outside and pretended to be a mx'er like the 52 yo child i am.
Lol, 53 ain't that old, I see McGrath at Mammoth nearly every year within a few seconds of the young guns.

First mx race I saw was in Poway off Pomerado Rd.in the 50's.  Never heard of racing motorcycles up and down the hills like they did.  I was probably 10.
Link Posted: 3/26/2024 6:54:51 PM EDT
[#8]
Originally Posted By TonyRumore:

I'm a bit older than you.  Hannah, DeCoster, Sun, Chandler (Magoo), Howerton, Ward, etc.  Danny Chandler was the wild man of the group.....he was crazy to watch, smoking everyone's ass until he would crash.  Eventually, that riding style caught up with him.

Tony

View All Quotes
I'm still stuck in the days of Mike Larocco, McGrath, Carmichael, Lusk, Windam, Reed, Vuilleman, Emig, Huffman, and Pastrana. Those were amazing times to watch those guys and I miss it.

Tony

Magoo was awesome. I bought a 400 Maico to race because of him. Great bike, eventually replaced with Honda 480CR, which was phenomenal. I'm 67 and thinking about looking for an old guy race.
Link Posted: 3/29/2024 8:26:46 PM EDT
[Last Edit: boolzi] [#9]
Watching the racer x press day and track looks great, covered track is best track.

When did riding gear turn into pajamas? I mean some of these dudes look like they’re wearing nighties. Paper thin shit. Ive noticed in the last couple years, even in hard enduro these things look like they’re made out of panty hose. I have Klim Dakar and just tonight got to try out my Mojave gear which is light and vented, but the Klim stuff is way more thick than the fox/thor/alpinestar crap….

I’ve really lost touch with mx fashion.
Link Posted: 3/29/2024 8:43:53 PM EDT
[#10]
Watching the racer x press day and track looks great, covered track is best track.

When did riding gear turn into pajamas? I mean some of these dudes look like they're wearing nighties. Paper thin shit. Ive noticed in the last couple years, even in hard enduro these things look like they're made out of panty hose. I have Klim Dakar and just tonight got to try out my Mojave gear which is light and vented, but the Klim stuff is way more thick than the fox/thor/alpinestar crap .

I've really lost touch with mx fashion.
View Quote
Kiss This

Was that Johnny O?

Link Posted: 3/29/2024 8:57:44 PM EDT
[#11]
Originally Posted By airbender:
what channel have you had the best luck catching the races fellas?
View Quote

It was only seven years ago Lucas Motorcross website had all the heats and mains available on demand full coverage at no cost or membership required.  Went back several seasons as well.

During the C19 crisis if you had the NBC sports app you could watch recorded events at no cost.  But that was only temporary.

Last year several Utubers were posting the full races but it would only be up for one or two days.

Now you can only catch UTube NBC Motorsports 20-min highlight videos at no cost.

Link Posted: 3/29/2024 9:00:04 PM EDT
[#12]
Peacock has had some good coverage.

I bought a KLX300 dual sport this past week since I am over 40 and my jumping/go fast on two wheels days are behind me due to injuries.
Link Posted: 3/29/2024 9:06:27 PM EDT
[#13]
Originally Posted By AR15Texan:

It was only seven years ago Lucas Motorcross website had all the heats and mains available on demand full coverage at no cost or membership required.  Went back several seasons as well.

During the C19 crisis if you had the NBC sports app you could watch recorded events at no cost.  But that was only temporary.

Last year several Utubers were posting the full races but it would only be up for one or two days.

Now you can only catch UTube NBC Motorsports 20-min highlight videos at no cost.

View All Quotes
what channel have you had the best luck catching the races fellas?

Or get peacock.
Link Posted: 3/29/2024 9:13:50 PM EDT
[Last Edit: AR15Texan] [#14]
Originally Posted By JDennis:

I bought a KLX300 dual sport this past week since I am over 40 and my jumping/go fast on two wheels days are behind me due to injuries.
View Quote

Over 50 and these are what I ride

Link Posted: 3/29/2024 9:14:30 PM EDT
[#15]
Originally Posted By JDennis:

View Quote

Well, the injuries must be the issue cause over 40 aint holding you back. Tomorrow i am doing track work to expand my jumps. I’ve been over jumping my 60-footer and taking it up to 75-ish. I’m 52.
Link Posted: 3/29/2024 9:19:07 PM EDT
[#16]
When Jett wins it's boring.
The real racing is behind him.
Link Posted: 3/29/2024 9:33:13 PM EDT
[Last Edit: MouseBoy] [#17]
Where are the 2 stoke 250s?

MX went kinda woke in the 2000s
Link Posted: 3/29/2024 9:39:51 PM EDT
[#18]
i think the new style paper thin skin tight gear is shit. i have no clue whats the deal with it.

When did riding gear turn into pajamas? I mean some of these dudes look like they’re wearing nighties. Paper thin shit. Ive noticed in the last couple years, even in hard enduro these things look like they’re made out of panty hose. I have Klim Dakar and just tonight got to try out my Mojave gear which is light and vented, but the Klim stuff is way more thick than the fox/thor/alpinestar crap….

I’ve really lost touch with mx fashion.
View Quote

Link Posted: 3/29/2024 9:44:57 PM EDT
[#19]
Originally Posted By MouseBoy:
View Quote

Being ridden by Gared Steinke.  
Link Posted: 3/29/2024 9:58:09 PM EDT
[#20]
Originally Posted By KA3B:

View All Quotes

WFO just to keep on it.

Link Posted: 3/30/2024 7:41:54 AM EDT
[#21]

MX went kinda woke in the 2000s
View Quote

I ride 2t, but the 4t’s are pretty damn good. 2t still dominate in woods racing but i dont think they’ll ever make it back to mx.
Link Posted: 3/31/2024 8:42:56 AM EDT
[#22]
Race was good, kitchen dominated. Would love to see him in the 250 east.

Tomac was handed a victory by Jett being 18 and a little immature , and barcia helped too.

First race Tomac got in front, Jett was held up by a traffic jam, but came through the pack from like 11th to ride tomacs ass. Another lap and Jett would have taken him. Second race Jett dominated but missed a stupid Red Cross flag right at the finish jump that many didn’t see and was penalized 2 spots, giving Tomac the win. 3rd race right at the first turn barcia t-boned him, how he did that it makes no sense. Injured his arm and he finished like last.

Good night for the old guy.
Link Posted: 4/1/2024 11:38:31 AM EDT
[Last Edit: AR15Texan] [#23]

Tomac was handed a victory by Jett being 18 and a little immature , and barcia helped too.

First race Tomac got in front, Jett was held up by a traffic jam, but came through the pack from like 11th to ride tomacs ass. Another lap and Jett would have taken him. Second race Jett dominated but missed a stupid Red Cross flag right at the finish jump that many didn’t see and was penalized 2 spots, giving Tomac the win. 3rd race right at the first turn barcia t-boned him, how he did that it makes no sense. Injured his arm and he finished like last.

View Quote

Jett wasn't the only one penalized, I believe Anderson lost 4 positions while 5 others lost 2 positions.  Anderson lost two more than the others because he jumped on the white flag as well as the checkered flag with the red cross flag present.  On the replays the red cross flag was clearly visible and you could not see the rider down from the front side of the jump.  They screwed up, they know the flags and what they mean.  Would have been a really bad day if they jumped on top of the down rider and the rescue crew.  They deserved the penalty.

Jett went straight in front of the other riders in his crash.  Barcia and another rider were coming into a turn on their line and Jett cut his line and went right in front.  Barcia didn't have a chance to avoid it.  Barcia's reaction told it all to me.  He is a hard charging, unapologetic rider but in this case it wasn't his riding that caused it (maybe it did, the video below shows a different angle from what I remember.  What was his line for that corner for other laps?  The other rider behind Barcia was even deeper in the corner.  Jett did go lower with his line than the other riders in front of him.).  On the replay one can see Barcia raises his arm and shakes his head signaling there was nothing he could do.

Barcia actually did apologize.
Jett Lawrence Injury Update ( Might miss round 13 ), Barcia Collision Details and apologize Footage.
Link Posted: 4/1/2024 11:43:19 AM EDT
[#24]
Originally Posted By mleaky:
Come on Tomac!
View Quote

Old guy still has some juice!
Link Posted: 4/1/2024 1:14:43 PM EDT
[#25]
Getting more competitive every week.  Even though Jett is demonstrably faster, every week the margin seems a little less.
Link Posted: 4/1/2024 1:24:00 PM EDT
[Last Edit: mech4matsnova] [#26]

View All Quotes

#StankDog726  

4 strokes suck

Link Posted: 4/1/2024 7:50:01 PM EDT
[Last Edit: boolzi] [#27]

Jett wasn't the only one penalized, I believe Anderson lost 4 positions while 5 others lost 2 positions.  Anderson lost two more than the others because he jumped on the white flag as well as the checkered flag with the red cross flag present.  On the replays the red cross flag was clearly visible and you could not see the rider down from the front side of the jump.  They screwed up, they know the flags and what they mean.  Would have been a really bad day if they jumped on top of the down rider and the rescue crew.  They deserved the penalty.

Jett went straight in front of the other riders in his crash.  Barcia and another rider were coming into a turn on their line and Jett cut his line and went right in front.  Barcia didn't have a chance to avoid it.  Barcia's reaction told it all to me.  He is a hard charging, unapologetic rider but in this case it wasn't his riding that caused it (maybe it did, the video below shows a different angle from what I remember.  What was his line for that corner for other laps?  The other rider behind Barcia was even deeper in the corner.  Jett did go lower with his line than the other riders in front of him.).  On the replay one can see Barcia raises his arm and shakes his head signaling there was nothing he could do.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a6XEiS0Cv7k
View All Quotes

If you say the cross flag was easily visible as you make the turn at the base of the huge finish jump that you cant pussyfoot around with the throttle wile watching ruts easily visible the Barcia was watching Jett for a mile as he straight lined right into him. That flag should have been on track at the turn. Dumbest placement of such an important flag ever. Nobody deserved that penalty.

lol, if i was a conspiracy supercross guy, id say they have it in for Jett. Create a dumb traffic jam on first race. Sneak a red cross flag in at the worst place and pay cheech and Chong to straight rail Jett. Jett was in line with the other riders that squared the turn. Barcia’s path looked odd.
Link Posted: 4/1/2024 8:45:14 PM EDT
[#28]

If you say the cross flag was easily visible as you make the turn at the base of the huge finish jump that you cant pussyfoot around with the throttle wile watching ruts easily visible the Barcia was watching Jett for a mile as he straight lined right into him. That flag should have been on track at the turn. Dumbest placement of such an important flag ever. Nobody deserved that penalty.

lol, if i was a conspiracy supercross guy, id say they have it in for Jett. Create a dumb traffic jam on first race. Sneak a red cross flag in at the worst place and pay cheech and Chong to straight rail Jett. Jett was in line with the other riders that squared the turn. Barcia's path looked odd.
View All Quotes

First race Tomac got in front, Jett was held up by a traffic jam, but came through the pack from like 11th to ride tomacs ass. Another lap and Jett would have taken him. Second race Jett dominated but missed a stupid Red Cross flag right at the finish jump that many didn't see and was penalized 2 spots, giving Tomac the win. 3rd race right at the first turn barcia t-boned him, how he did that it makes no sense. Injured his arm and he finished like last.

lol, if i was a conspiracy supercross guy, id say they have it in for Jett. Create a dumb traffic jam on first race. Sneak a red cross flag in at the worst place and pay cheech and Chong to straight rail Jett. Jett was in line with the other riders that squared the turn. Barcia's path looked odd.
More importantly there was a rider down that caused the cross flag,,,,impossible to see.
Link Posted: 4/1/2024 8:49:50 PM EDT
[Last Edit: boolzi] [#29]
Originally Posted By nightstalker:
More importantly there was a rider down that caused the cross flag,,,,impossible to see.
View All Quotes

First race Tomac got in front, Jett was held up by a traffic jam, but came through the pack from like 11th to ride tomacs ass. Another lap and Jett would have taken him. Second race Jett dominated but missed a stupid Red Cross flag right at the finish jump that many didn't see and was penalized 2 spots, giving Tomac the win. 3rd race right at the first turn barcia t-boned him, how he did that it makes no sense. Injured his arm and he finished like last.

So hold a stagnant flag in a bad place? That was 100% on the fags in charge. Should have been at the track on the turn at least if it was important. Your hammering on to clear that jump, skidding on the face isn’t fun.
Link Posted: 4/1/2024 9:53:15 PM EDT
[#30]

So hold a stagnant flag in a bad place? That was 100% on the fags in charge. Should have been at the track on the turn at least if it was important. Your hammering on to clear that jump, skidding on the face isn't fun.
View All Quotes

So hold a stagnant flag in a bad place? That was 100% on the fags in charge. Should have been at the track on the turn at least if it was important. Your hammering on to clear that jump, skidding on the face isn't fun.

i agree, seemed not very visible  .riders never complained exactly sp we have no idea if it was in a place they expected or what
Link Posted: 4/3/2024 2:16:14 AM EDT
[#31]

So hold a stagnant flag in a bad place? That was 100% on the fags in charge. Should have been at the track on the turn at least if it was important. Your hammering on to clear that jump, skidding on the face isn’t fun.
View All Quotes

Tomac rolled the jump because he saw the flag.  It was clearly visible on the right side of the jump.  The flag was stand alone, it was not crossed with another flag.  The flag was out for the last two laps.  They deserved the penalty and it has happened in past races.  Have any of the riders actually complained about the penalty or just the arm chair warriors?
Link Posted: 4/3/2024 9:28:49 AM EDT
[Last Edit: boolzi] [#32]
Just us warriors….we don’t care if we piss the ama off. Yea, I’ve red they’re not happy but staying political.

The flag should have been on the track right  before the turn before the jump. You round that turn and have to immediately pick a rut and commit to that jump. Plus that rider was off track and it was far safer having rider jump. And I’m glad Eli saw it, I’d say jetts tailwind helped move it fo better visibility.
Link Posted: 4/3/2024 11:23:01 AM EDT
[#33]

These new kids are pretty damn fast though.
View Quote
Am stuck with the old Bob Hannah days.

I miss the 2-strokes.
Link Posted: 4/3/2024 11:48:03 AM EDT
[#34]

Magoo was awesome. I bought a 400 Maico to race because of him. Great bike, eventually replaced with Honda 480CR, which was phenomenal. I'm 67 and thinking about looking for an old guy race.
View All Quotes

Tony

you got me curious friend, do you still have the 480CR?

Link Posted: 4/3/2024 1:27:39 PM EDT
[#35]

View All Quotes

Tony

I wish it were so. Sold it decades ago. Currently on a Beta 390RRS, which is also a phenomenal bike. Different, as it's a fuel injected 4 stroke. Thinking seriously about adding a Beta 300 race edition as a complement. It's a carbureted 2 stroke running on premix, and the '24 model has  a twin spark plug head.
Link Posted: 4/3/2024 9:38:00 PM EDT
[#36]
Originally Posted By akcaribouhunter:

I miss the 2-strokes.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By akcaribouhunter:

These new kids are pretty damn fast though.

I miss the 2-strokes.
I still run Klotz 32:1 in my scooters because it smells nice!
Link Posted: 4/3/2024 9:42:20 PM EDT
[#37]
Just us warriors .we don't care if we piss the ama off. Yea, I've red they're not happy but staying political.

The flag should have been on the track right  before the turn before the jump. You round that turn and have to immediately pick a rut and commit to that jump. Plus that rider was off track and it was far safer having rider jump. And I'm glad Eli saw it, I'd say jetts tailwind helped move it fo better visibility.
View Quote
I watched Bubba's (#7) show last night. He knows it was bs and just said to suck it up.

I wasn't a fan of Anderson 21 until he started to get singled out.

The flag should have been 180 behind where it was. Leading into the right hander before the final jump, imo.

These guys are ripping it up.

Link Posted: 4/3/2024 9:46:08 PM EDT
[#38]
250s

Levi looks comfortable on the green bike.
Link Posted: 4/4/2024 7:12:04 AM EDT
[#39]
I watch a couple of YouTube channels of the bottom 20 riders. Uno, the “slow” riders. lol. Still faster than anyone I’ll ever know.
But it’s interesting to see their day behind the scenes. This dude is of course a good rider but nowhere near top 10. He chronicles the races.  He drives himself there in his own van, got injured a few weeks ago riding his bicycle, car hit him. He didn’t make the main race in St. Louis but still made $2000 I think. He mentioned something about just worried about setting himself up for $30k in the next few weeks. He’s from Florida and at this race Honda asked him to drive hunter and Jett’s bike back with him to Tallahassee where I guess Honda has a facility. Interesting to see these privateers experience. The goal is just to get in the top 10 where major money is made.
ST LOUIS SUPERCROSS - Triple Crown! HRC Honda gave me Jett & Hunters 450’s!

Link Posted: 4/5/2024 11:34:03 PM EDT
[#40]
Watching the Glendale replay. That track is awesome.
Link Posted: 4/5/2024 11:35:34 PM EDT
[#41]
These dudes can ride.

Link Posted: 4/13/2024 9:54:24 PM EDT
[#42]
Great 450 race tonight! Webb, Sexton, Roczen, Anderson, Tomac, and Jett put on a hell of a show.
Link Posted: 4/20/2024 1:56:18 PM EDT
[#43]
Nashville.

Kitchen > Deegan

Jett, Eli, Cooper, ?????

They can feel the plywood under the sand.
Link Posted: 4/20/2024 2:14:38 PM EDT
[#44]
AP7 in the booth.

Chipped elbow. 3 or 4 weeks out.

Link Posted: 4/20/2024 2:23:04 PM EDT
[#45]
AP7 is such a dork. Cool to see him in the booth.

Heal up, My man.
Link Posted: 4/20/2024 2:32:40 PM EDT
[#46]
Originally Posted By TheYellowThing:
Nashville.

Kitchen > Deegan

Jett, Eli, Cooper, ?????

They can feel the plywood under the sand.
View Quote
Definitely want to see Levi take it tonight. And I'm thinking Jett bounces back and gets the W.
Link Posted: 4/20/2024 9:15:49 PM EDT
[#47]
The PC curse continues.
Link Posted: 4/20/2024 9:44:58 PM EDT
[#48]
Tomac is shredding
Link Posted: 4/20/2024 9:46:22 PM EDT
[#49]
Roczen?!?!
Link Posted: 4/20/2024 9:50:45 PM EDT
[#50]
Yeah, not looking good for Chase and Kenny.
Page / 3
Supercross 2024 (Page 2 of 3)
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top