Supercross 2024 (Page 3 of 3)
Page / 3
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 4/20/2024 9:53:03 PM EDT
[#1]
So many guys crashing hard tonight
Link Posted: 4/21/2024 4:26:58 PM EDT
[#2]
Crashville for sure. How the hell did chase sexton crash like that?  Was he trying to double but didnt have enough speed coming into the jump? Looped out and cased. 4 top riders crashed.
Link Posted: 4/21/2024 4:36:45 PM EDT
[#3]
When Kenny’s shock blew.. you think the shock oil sprayed over the the hot exhaust causing all that smoke?
Link Posted: 4/21/2024 4:42:18 PM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By AstraPat:
When Kenny’s shock blew.. you think the shock oil sprayed over the the hot exhaust causing all that smoke?
View Quote

Yes, turning it into a pogo stick.
Link Posted: 4/21/2024 4:49:54 PM EDT
[#5]
Originally Posted By boolzi:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes

I understand that it causes an immediate loss of all damping. Was curious where all the instant smoke came from.
Link Posted: 4/21/2024 4:53:42 PM EDT
[#6]
Originally Posted By WIZZO_ARAKM14:
I'm still stuck in the days of Mike Larocco, McGrath, Carmichael, Lusk, Windam, Reed, Vuilleman, Emig, Huffman, and Pastrana. Those were amazing times to watch those guys and I miss it.

These new kids are pretty damn fast though.
View Quote

Link Posted: 4/21/2024 5:41:09 PM EDT
[Last Edit: JBecker_72] [#7]
Crashville for sure. How the hell did chase sexton crash like that?  Was he trying to double but didnt have enough speed coming into the jump? Looped out and cased. 4 top riders crashed.
View Quote
Not sure if he had a bike issue. He shorted that double bad. Him and a few other guys were taking that line consistently all day and night.
Link Posted: 4/21/2024 5:41:49 PM EDT
[#8]
When Kenny's shock blew.. you think the shock oil sprayed over the the hot exhaust causing all that smoke?
View Quote
Yup

Bum deal for Kenny for sure.
Link Posted: 4/21/2024 7:04:26 PM EDT
[Last Edit: smarquez] [#9]
I saw on Vital MX is that a rock from roost cracked the throttle housing and made the throttle stick. I think Deegan jumped that whole thing in his heat landing in the corner but didn't do it in the main.
Link Posted: 4/21/2024 7:07:17 PM EDT
[#10]
Originally Posted By smarquez:
I saw on Vital MX is that a rock from roost cracked the throttle housing and made the throttle stick. I think Deegan jumped that whole thing in his heat landing in the corner but didn't do it in the main.
View Quote
I am late. Word is throttle was stuck open.

That hurt to watch.

Kenny smoking then eating it. Crazy night.

Link Posted: 4/21/2024 7:08:58 PM EDT
[#11]
Jett is the new standard.  So smooth
Link Posted: 4/21/2024 7:14:13 PM EDT
[#12]
Of all, i think kitchen getting run over in what looked like his neck was the worst.
Link Posted: 4/21/2024 7:16:30 PM EDT
[Last Edit: TheYellowThing] [#13]
Of all, i think kitchen getting run over in what looked like his neck was the worst.
View Quote
I like that kid.

Not in a weird way.

Link Posted: 4/21/2024 7:35:06 PM EDT
[#14]
Originally Posted By smarquez:
View Quote
Kenny jumped it after Chase went down.
Link Posted: 4/21/2024 7:51:55 PM EDT
[#15]
Last night was TOUGH to watch!
450 main started out GREAT...Seemed like ET3 lost his flo/drive after Jett got by him.
I'm not a Jett fan, nothing against him, He definitely has something special, just rather see some other dudes up front.
Link Posted: 4/21/2024 7:58:04 PM EDT
[#16]
Originally Posted By SMR412:
450 main started out GREAT...Seemed like ET3 lost his flo/drive after Jett got by him.
I'm not a Jett fan, nothing against him, He definitely has something special, just rather see some other dudes up front.
View Quote
Jett rips.

Phenom.

Link Posted: 4/21/2024 8:06:36 PM EDT
[#17]
Originally Posted By SMR412:
View Quote

After tomac went deep in that turn with the pile up and Jett went short and passed, its safer to just stay in second instead of battling a talented 20 year old when your 31.  Easier and safer to hold them back than pass them. Eli is not poor and doesnt heal as fast as a 20 yo, so….

All these 30ish top dudes hate to see a Jett come in.
Link Posted: 4/21/2024 8:54:03 PM EDT
[#18]
Couple observations;
Peacock is the worst streaming app on the planet. Slow to load and the way it sorts the races & Race Day Live programming sucks.

Please bring back Daniel Blair. Ricky needs to do little puff pieces like McGrath, Villapoto or AP have done. Just sit in the booth for a while then check out or perhaps do the trackside coverage. Hell Jason Thomas is 10X the commentator Ricky is.  I swear last night he said "event of turns"

NBC has some serious QC problems, did anyone notice that the Race Day Live Coverage (for Philly) displayed at the end of the broadcast listed a 9:30 PM start time, hell the race starts at 3:00 PM! On top of that they rarely display lap times and the gap times between riders is wrong at multiple points during the race or simply not displayed for a minute or so.
Link Posted: 4/21/2024 9:19:26 PM EDT
[#19]
Originally Posted By Clicker58:
Couple observations;
Peacock is the worst streaming app on the planet. Slow to load and the way it sorts the races & Race Day Live programming sucks.

Please bring back Daniel Blair. Ricky needs to do little puff pieces like McGrath, Villapoto or AP have done. Just sit in the booth for a while then check out or perhaps do the trackside coverage. Hell Jason Thomas is 10X the commentator Ricky is.  I swear last night he said "event of turns"

NBC has some serious QC problems, did anyone notice that the Race Day Live Coverage (for Philly) displayed at the end of the broadcast listed a 9:30 PM start time, hell the race starts at 3:00 PM! On top of that they rarely display lap times and the gap times between riders is wrong at multiple points during the race or simply not displayed for a minute or so.
View Quote

You have 2 options

1. Deal with it

2. Don't watch
Link Posted: 4/21/2024 9:38:41 PM EDT
[#20]
Couple observations;

View Quote
How long have you been watching dirt bike racing? Because Peacock covering supercross and the outdoor nationals is 87X better than what we used to have.
Link Posted: 4/21/2024 9:48:58 PM EDT
[#21]
Ricky is the goat* and I love his rickyisms commentary. Sexton was just tucking the front not to look bad by getting gapped by Jett. Does Suzuki know people are using their bikes for Supercross? Roczen could podium that triumph if they would pay him.

*Jetts coming
Link Posted: 4/22/2024 7:43:33 AM EDT
[#22]
Originally Posted By JBecker_72:
How long have you been watching dirt bike racing? Because Peacock covering supercross and the outdoor nationals is 87X better than what we used to have.
View All Quotes
Couple observations;

Yea but he’s got a point. They really could clean up the app a little. It’s just a weird set up.
Link Posted: 4/22/2024 7:58:01 AM EDT
[#23]

Yea but he’s got a point. They really could clean up the app a little. It’s just a weird set up.
View All Quotes
Couple observations;

MavTV
Link Posted: 4/22/2024 10:42:24 AM EDT
[#24]
View All Quotes
Couple observations;

I just go to Supercross Live and get the program times and all the details are there too.  Peacock coverage is pretty good.  I think the sport and coverage is growing
Link Posted: 4/22/2024 10:44:38 AM EDT
[#25]
Originally Posted By mech4matsnova:

MavTV
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By mech4matsnova:
Couple observations;

MavTV

My ass is old, been around dirt bikes since the inception of Supercross and I remember Dave Despain, Art Eckman and others.
What matters today is the tech has changed and we as customers are getting short changed. Comcast is a media giant yet this Peacock app is the best they can do, pitiful, sure it beats MavTV but it could be so much better.
Link Posted: 4/22/2024 10:51:52 AM EDT
[#26]

My ass is old, been around dirt bikes since the inception of Supercross and I remember Dave Despain, Art Eckman and others.
What matters today is the tech has changed and we as customers are getting short changed. Comcast is a media giant yet this Peacock app is the best they can do, pitiful, sure it beats MavTV but it could be so much better.
View Quote
This. I watched in the 90s. My sister & b-i-l's best friend from high school was Big Bird. I kept cursory tabs on the sport when Carmichael and Stewart led the sport.
Link Posted: 4/22/2024 11:54:19 AM EDT
[#27]
1-900-PRO-RACE
Link Posted: 4/22/2024 11:56:32 AM EDT
[#28]
I am thinking about going to the race in Philly this weekend. I used to be into it back in the day when Carmichael was racing. I went to Budds Creek every year and Daytona once. This will be first race in a long time.

Chad Reed still racing?
Link Posted: 4/22/2024 12:11:36 PM EDT
[#29]
Originally Posted By captblue1:
I am thinking about going to the race in Philly this weekend. I used to be into it back in the day when Carmichael was racing. I went to Budds Creek every year and Daytona once. This will be first race in a long time.

Chad Reed still racing?
View Quote

Reed, no. He broke his wrist in Paris last year and I think that ended his pro racing. He's concentrating on his kids now. We went to Birmingham and it was awesome. First SX in several years. They are all great riders, but watching Jett in person is something to behold.
Link Posted: 4/22/2024 2:21:52 PM EDT
[#30]
Originally Posted By hma1:

Reed, no. He broke his wrist in Paris last year and I think that ended his pro racing. He's concentrating on his kids now. We went to Birmingham and it was awesome. First SX in several years. They are all great riders, but watching Jett in person is something to behold.
View Quote

I was joking because it seemed like Reed was racing forever. Wow he really was racing forever. Good for him
Link Posted: 4/28/2024 10:57:31 PM EDT
[#31]
Slow-mo of Roczen's blown shock crash.

Analyzing Ken Roczen's 'scary' shock malfunction in Round 14 | Title 24 Podcast | Motorsports on NBC
Link Posted: 4/29/2024 11:22:42 AM EDT
[#32]
That 250 final Saturday was CRAZY.  

Link Posted: 4/29/2024 11:23:52 AM EDT
[#33]
Originally Posted By Anastasios:
Slow-mo of Roczen's blown shock crash.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_BTLTyn_7ZM
View Quote

Fractured knee joint, broken foot, broken toe.
Link Posted: 4/29/2024 12:33:34 PM EDT
[#34]
Originally Posted By HDLS:

View Quote
Really sucks to have a mechanical issue cause that.
Link Posted: 4/29/2024 1:02:59 PM EDT
[#35]
View All Quotes

Sucks bad. There was no saving it from this mechanical. The machine became a 220lb pogo stick on the most unforgiving section of track. He might have been better off curling into a ball, though.
Link Posted: 5/5/2024 11:58:08 AM EDT
[#36]
Good race day yesterday!

Shimoda owned it , and it is about time!

I am 100% sure Jett let Hunter lead and was running blocker, until he calculated he was half way through.

Jett will be the champ again, and will dominate the outdoor.
Link Posted: 5/10/2024 9:27:51 PM EDT
[#37]
ET3 is out with a broken thumb.

That moves CS1 up to 3rd.

Link Posted: 5/11/2024 8:43:53 AM EDT
[#38]
Race day! What does Jett need? 15th assuming Webb wins it, which I doubt because he's hurt. Sucks for all the guys hurt right now, but I'm surprised how long this many competitors stayed healthy for. Made for great racing all year.

Oh and really hoping Kitchen can pull it off.
Link Posted: 5/11/2024 10:34:02 AM EDT
[#39]
The injury’s increase as the pack has to increase the pace.
Link Posted: 5/11/2024 10:43:28 PM EDT
[#40]
Wild night so far. Austrian sweep, haha.
Link Posted: 5/12/2024 2:16:08 AM EDT
[#41]
Epic 250 final.  Boring 450 except the Hunter  and Anderson shenanigans on the track.
Link Posted: 5/12/2024 8:35:16 AM EDT
[#42]
So what are we thinking Jett does outdoors? I'm betting he gets at least 16 moto victories. Doubt we will see another perfect season.
Link Posted: 5/12/2024 8:50:44 AM EDT
[#43]
Epic 250 final.  Boring 450 except the Hunter  and Anderson shenanigans on the track.
View Quote

Not a fan of RJ but he raced clean mainly because he had no need to dive bomb anyone. Levi will be in top form next year along with (hopefully) Forkner.

I've lost all respect for Anderson after his antics this year. He will never win another championship and the only way he can pass someone faster is to ride dirty and send it. Love that Hunter paid him back late in the race, kept him from passing Webb which tied him with Tomac in points netting 5th instead of 4th. Outdoors will be interesting now that he's pissed off both Hunter & Jett.

Wakeup Jason even Barcia figured out this style doesn't pan out in the end.
Link Posted: 5/12/2024 9:02:06 AM EDT
[Last Edit: FlockaCGulz] [#44]
I haven’t really been following the season but I went to the race in SLC last night. What a blast. The last turn attack crashes were nuts.

I am astounded at the endurance of these guys. +20 min races has to shred people.

Also, SLC is stunningly beautiful. The crowd was awesome. Lots of families.

ETA:
Link Posted: 5/12/2024 9:03:24 AM EDT
[#45]
Originally Posted By FlockaCGulz:
I haven't really been following the season but I went to the race in SLC last night. What a blast. The last turn attack crashes were nuts.

I am astounded at the endurance of these guys. +20 min races has to shred people.

View Quote
Glad you had a great time. And yeah, these guys are machines.
Link Posted: 5/14/2024 5:16:32 PM EDT
[#46]
Originally Posted By FlockaCGulz:
I haven’t really been following the season but I went to the race in SLC last night. What a blast. The last turn attack crashes were nuts.

ETA:
https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/450356/IMG_2582-3212326.jpg
View Quote

Current Motos are too short these days, in every MX Org. MXGP is even down to 30 minutes. I remember when the major series everywhere were 2 x 45 minute Motos. THOSE guys were absolute studs.

The greatest comeback I've ever seen an any type of racing anywhere was at an old school Washougal MX national. There would have been no unbelievable finish with shorter Motos.
Link Posted: 5/15/2024 2:15:50 PM EDT
[Last Edit: HDLS] [#47]
Kinda bummed I'm going to be out of town at Cola Warrior in Mississippi for the upcoming race at Fox Pala Race Way.  It's only about 20 mins away. We went last year for the SMX event there and it was seriously cool.

We could move around all over the event for different views. And a lot of places we were feet from the racers as they passed by and even caught some roost a few times.

You really gain a better perspective for how fast they ride, how fast their reactions are, how high and how far they jump, when you see it in person.  The sounds and the smell of the burned race gas just add to the whole experience too.
Link Posted: 5/25/2024 12:04:50 AM EDT
[#48]
How many will Jett win this time?

I am saying 20  
Page / 3
Next Page Arrow Left
Supercross 2024 (Page 3 of 3)
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top