Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 5
Link Posted: 12/31/2023 5:59:50 PM EDT
[#1]
Down 10 lbs since Wednesday due to sickness.
Link Posted: 12/31/2023 6:03:15 PM EDT
[#2]
Down from 225 to 190 since April. Lost the majority of it by just walking.

Now I have a physical job that involves being outside. Food intake and quality has gone to shit in the past few months but looking to clean it up once I start back next week.

I’d feel great at 180
Link Posted: 12/31/2023 6:10:58 PM EDT
[#3]
My goal for 2023 was to be under 200 lbs at the end of the year, from a starting weight of 219.  I made it to 202 before Christmas, but caught a cold and fell off a bit.  I'm sure I've lost more fat than that and gained muscle, as I've not only been cleaning up my diet but also been more active.  My goal for 2024 is 190, preferably by Spring or Summer.
Link Posted: 12/31/2023 6:21:03 PM EDT
[#4]
Originally Posted By DKUltra:
I stopped drinking alcohol a few weeks back, in preparation for going hardcore on exercise and diet. I have about 80lbs to lose, with a goal of June, if not sooner. Going for a 20/4 fast, with calories around 1500 a day for the first month. Will adjust if needed. The only good gym in this area is always jam packed with people, so had to settle for a grungy one.

Will update my results every Fri here in this post!

Who's with me .

Happy New Year everyone!!

Starting weight 355
View Quote

355 now, and your belief is you only have 80 pounds to lose?  

At 275, you'd have to be 6' 9" to be merely overweight instead of obese.  You'd have to be 7' 5" to be out of overweight and into the normal weight range.  Body dysmorphia is real.  

OP, I do wish you well.  Losing 80 pounds would be incredible for your health, and losing more would be even better!

Link Posted: 12/31/2023 6:23:09 PM EDT
[#5]
It's that time of year again for all the fatties to try and drop some weight, come march they will give up and go back to being fat.
Keeping yourself fit is a lifetime commitment, not a part-time job.
Link Posted: 12/31/2023 6:51:59 PM EDT
[#6]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By dog-meat:
get yourself some tirzepatide

View Quote
$1000 a month for 20% reduction in weight over 72 months? Hard pass
Link Posted: 12/31/2023 6:57:06 PM EDT
[#7]
Originally Posted By Justa_TXguy:

At 275, you'd have to be 6' 9" to be merely overweight instead of obese.  You'd have to be 7' 5" to be out of overweight and into the normal weight range.  Body dysmorphia is real.  

OP, I do wish you well.  Losing 80 pounds would be incredible for your health, and losing more would be even better!

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By Justa_TXguy:
I stopped drinking alcohol a few weeks back, in preparation for going hardcore on exercise and diet. I have about 80lbs to lose, with a goal of June, if not sooner. Going for a 20/4 fast, with calories around 1500 a day for the first month. Will adjust if needed. The only good gym in this area is always jam packed with people, so had to settle for a grungy one.

Who's with me .

Starting weight 355

I am 6'3 with a muscular build. In 2019 I got down to 250, and looked great. Any lower and I would look sickly. If I can get down to 275, I think that will be a win. Can work on the other 25lbs later in the year. The gub says I should weigh 180! Theres no effin way that would work for my body type.

I will post a new weight every Friday night in the original post.

good luck guys
Link Posted: 12/31/2023 7:28:48 PM EDT
[#8]
I'm in

Dropped to 221lb this past year and have been hanging around 230lb-232lb

I wanna drop down to 210lb
Link Posted: 1/1/2024 9:52:08 AM EDT
[#9]

6’2

Will post weekly results on Monday.
Link Posted: 1/1/2024 10:08:28 AM EDT
[Last Edit: RandyLahey01] [#10]
I’m in for 25lbs. First 10-15 should be easy. The last 10 will be hard.

201 as of this morning
Link Posted: 1/1/2024 10:14:47 AM EDT
[#11]
I’m in.

Starting weight 200.  Goal 175.  Need to lose 25 pounds.

Plan is:
-Cut out beer except maybe a few on the weekends.
-No strict diet but cut out junk, high carbs/sugar.  I’ll stick to lean meats and veggies, some fruit, smaller portions and lots of water.  I also don’t eat breakfast, so basically a daily fast.
-Going to get my assault bike setup and do more walks and runs with a ruck and/or plates.

That’s about it.  I’ll be happy at 175 but may go lower.  I just want to feel better, have my clothes fit and be able to tuck my shirt in with a flat stomach.  Work and kids is tough.
Link Posted: 1/1/2024 10:19:14 AM EDT
[Last Edit: 97tjgunner] [#12]
Originally Posted By Bronsonburner:

No, you can't.  The old adage "it's 80% in the kitchen, 20% in the gym" is the truth.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By tjf777:

I tend to do the same.  I have found if I eat a small, healthy meal about halfway through my drinking before I get too buzzed then drink a LOT of water then go to bed it keeps the "drunk munchies" away a little.  Most of the time...

Will try. About 30 lbs over but still workout damn near every day. Living proof you cant exercise your way out of a poor diet.

No, you can't.  The old adage "it's 80% in the kitchen, 20% in the gym" is the truth.

This is the absolute truth I lost almost 90 pounds over the last year while packing on a bunch of muscle. Figure out your macros and change your lifestyle. Eat clean go to the fucking Gym.

Went from 310 to 225

Quit eating for enjoyment, food is for survival.
Link Posted: 1/1/2024 10:25:50 AM EDT
[Last Edit: ramairthree] [#13]
I really need to get my shit together as well.

I was very healthy three years ago.

But I am now 25 pounds heavier.

But it’s worse than that-
I just finished measurements, etc.  
I estimate I have lost 10 pounds of muscle/lean body mass.

So I need to lose 35 pounds of fat and gain ten pounds of muscle.
Just to be where I was three years ago.

Jan 01- 253
Jan 08- 249.5
Jan 15- 250-  dammit, was excellent on the activity but too many calories
Jan 22– 249
Jan 29- 247.5
Feb 05- 247
Link Posted: 1/1/2024 10:35:50 AM EDT
[#14]
In November of '22 I was almost 260 pounds.  Had a "come to Jesus" meeting with myself, and decided to get in better shape.  Did a bunch of little things that added up to big things, mostly focusing on eating less and moving around more.  

November '23 I was around 220.  Wasn't really focusing on the weight, I was more concerned with my lab numbers and my level of physical fitness.  Lab numbers improved but still could be better.  I did manage to get off one of my stomach meds and my dr lowered my dose of blood pressure medicine.  

For '24 I plan to keep doing everything I'm doing and maybe more strength building exercise.  Don't have a concrete plan yet, but I'm working on it.
Link Posted: 1/1/2024 10:38:09 AM EDT
[#15]
Right there with ya OP and stick to the plan and you'll make it...

More importantly don't let any of the days you slip influence all the others you stick to it.

Just toss those days like you would a flyer in a good group of right on shots...

And get right back to it!
Link Posted: 1/1/2024 11:01:28 AM EDT
[#16]
I'm in. Started at 370. Me and the wife started Weight Watchers last September. I've given up pop, fast food and alot of alcohol. Not really pushing myself yet, just doing alot of walking. Ultimate goal is to get below 250. My goal right now is 325.
I'll check in on Sundays. Good luck to everyone.
Link Posted: 1/1/2024 11:09:05 AM EDT
[#17]
Let me Join for 20lbs by May or 1lbs per week.
I would like to get back to my all time (which would be 30lower) low but i have build quite a bit if muscle so its propably not overly realistic.
Link Posted: 1/1/2024 11:14:25 AM EDT
[#18]
Weighed in this morning at 181.8, an all-time high (recorded) for me. 5'7-8" at 51 years come Saturday. My goal is to get to 165#
Link Posted: 1/1/2024 12:19:14 PM EDT
[#19]
Lost 54lbs in ‘23.

I identified my two main weight gaining dietary faults, pop & late night snacking. And eradicated them.

Simultaneously I started a low & slow cardio based exercise program built entirely around a stationary bike. 4 days a week for 45 minutes (55 with warm up & cool down) a day maintaining my heart rate above 70% of max. In the beginning it took shockingly little effort to get & keep my heart rate up. But after a few weeks I could tell a huge difference in my capacity. Just kept pushing it forward from there. You can get  good stationary bike for $800 (BowFlex C6 is what I went with) & they’re very small so. It’s right there you can use it any time. And if you do your part it will smoke your ass. I honestly wouldn’t have achieved my weight loss without my bike. I can’t recommend one enough.

After a couple months I added 5x5 StrongLifts to the rotation to build some muscle to help eat away at the fat all day long.

I get up an hour early every weekday now to exercise. I feel better than I have in years. I look better than I have in years. I’m now lifting Wendlers 5/3/1 boring but big 90 day challenge & really adding bulk.

There’s nothing special about me, if I can do it anyone can. Just set your mind to the task at hand, set realistic & achievable goals to start & most importantly just keep after it!
Link Posted: 1/1/2024 12:23:26 PM EDT
[#20]
Anyone looking to change their physique should hire a coach.

Take away the guess work.

Unplug your brain.

Just follow the plan.

Faster, more quality, and healthier results.
Link Posted: 1/1/2024 12:24:47 PM EDT
[#21]
I’ve gained 60lbs since I retired in June 2022. Starting to work it off slowly. The goal is to get fit enough to run a CW.
Link Posted: 1/1/2024 12:38:30 PM EDT
[Last Edit: rollin-tumblin] [#22]
In.   I started 2023 at 282 lbs at 6'1".  Entered a company-wide weight loss challenge January 15 and won it on July 15 by dropping 56 lbs which got me down to 226 lbs.  I was doing very minimal strength training, instead focusing mostly on running.   I even completed a half marathon in early November, something I never would've thought possible.  

Since completing the half, me and my training buddy have shifted almost exclusively to strength training.   I also began to slack on diet after July 15, and my weight had crept up to 234 as of this morning.   Maybe a tiny amount of that being added muscle mass.

Started the "75 Hard" challenge this morning.   Hoping to see sub-220 on the scale by the time I finish it March 15, although I'm far more interested in seeing the difference in the progress pics as I go through the challenge

75 Hard challenge rules:
No alcohol
Stick to a diet (mine is 2000 daily cal, 150 gr or more protein)
Take progress pics daily
Two daily 45 min workouts, one must be outdoors
Drink 1 gallon or more of water per day
Read at least 10 pages of a non-fiction self-help/self-improvement type of book per day
If you fail any step, start over at Day 1

I'll try to update this post weekly
Jan 1 2024: 234 lbs
Jan 7 2024: 232.6 lbs
Jan 14 2024: 231.4 lbs
Jan 21 2024: 232.8 lbs
Jan 28 2024: 231.2 lbs
Feb 4 2024: 230.4 lbs
Feb 11 2024:  231.4 lbs
Feb 18 2024: 229.4 lbs
Feb 25 2024: 228.8 lbs
Mar 3 2024: 227.2 lbs
Mar 10 2024: 226.8 lbs
Mar 17 2024: 225.6 lbs
Mar 24 2024: 226.0 lbs
Link Posted: 1/1/2024 12:44:47 PM EDT
[#23]
I'm in.

I was doing well with workouts and weight loss and all the things.  After my daughter was born, and some knee problems, I fell off the wagon and have developed a major case of "dad bod".

I'm 56 years old, 5'6" tall and currently sitting (like Jabba the Hutt) at about 200 lbs.

My target weight is 165 (I was at 170 when the girl was born).

I've started using the "Lose It!" app to track food intake, and started using a couple of workout apps to get my activity level up.  I'm also trying to change my primary fluid intake from coffee and Coke Zero to water.

Link Posted: 1/1/2024 2:05:43 PM EDT
[#24]
Open up a new Excel sheet, and start logging your weight (either daily or M/W/F), then start a column with how much weight you've lost between weigh-ins, and a column with your cumulative weight loss.

Good for morale....and accountability.
Link Posted: 1/1/2024 2:16:17 PM EDT
[#25]
I have some free weights for home use. I dont really have room right now for machines. Will have to rely on the gym for now. My health insurance pays up to $25 a month for gym membership, so that makes it Free for the gym/level I chose.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By tjf777:
The alcohol avoidance will help. You can always buy a home gym or an elliptical.
I have some free weights for home use. I dont really have room right now for machines. Will have to rely on the gym for now. My health insurance pays up to $25 a month for gym membership, so that makes it Free for the gym/level I chose.
Lots of clean, white protein, lots of green vegetables, no sugar and low carbs will do the trick.  

85% of your weight loss is diet. Fasting 20/4 or 16/8 have benefits but I think that won't really work well without good content in the diet.

Weight lifting changed my physique.  Lots of jogging/running/walking are good but weights are needed as well.

I was 265 at age 25.  I was 175 after I changed my diet and started working out properly.  You can do it.  Good luck, bro.
Link Posted: 1/1/2024 2:19:15 PM EDT
[#26]
Originally Posted By Fulcrum-5:
Open up a new Excel sheet, and start logging your weight (either daily or M/W/F), then start a column with how much weight you've lost between weigh-ins, and a column with your cumulative weight loss.

Good for morale....and accountability.
View Quote

Accountability: I weigh myself nearly every morning for this very reason. Good call.
Link Posted: 1/1/2024 2:41:04 PM EDT
[#27]
I got a head start. Woke up at 2am, sick as a dog.
Link Posted: 1/1/2024 2:58:07 PM EDT
[#28]
Link Posted: 1/1/2024 3:12:11 PM EDT
[Last Edit: chevellemrwl] [#29]
Feb to Oct, I lost 70 lbs this year.

Been on keto, wife did clean eating with Octavia, and did wonders for her. Keto didn't work on her

Then the October holidays into Thanksgiving, then Christmas and now New Year's. Put 12lbs on. Just proves I'm a fat fuck and old fat habits never change. And honestly, keto taught me nothing about  sustaining the diet when not on it, just went back to bad foods. That's my plan to work on in 2024.

Goal is to be at 280 by mid year. That will be another 50 lbs.
Our baby girl turned 2 in Nov.... And I can't be a fat ass anymore. I just can't.
Link Posted: 1/1/2024 4:51:31 PM EDT
[#30]
Originally Posted By macman37:

Accountability: I weigh myself nearly every morning for this very reason. Good call.
View Quote

Best part of doing an Excel record is that, after a week or so of logging your weight......you can make a line graph of your progress.  So you bump up a pound or two in the middle of the week.......you can look to the graph and see a week-on-week downward trend (which is what matters, in the end).
Link Posted: 1/1/2024 4:54:11 PM EDT
[#31]
Wife and I are setting weight and body fat goals.

My goal is to drop 15 pounds and lose 3% body fat.

My wife's is to gain ten pounds and add 2% body fat.
Link Posted: 1/1/2024 5:00:16 PM EDT
[#32]
Good luck! Have been doing 18/6 and 20/4 fasts (haven’t been as good since Thanksgiving) and dropped 20lbs with a quickness. I was drinking a few late night beers, but cut those completely out and alcohol only on Saturday during my eating time. I think you’ll benefit mostly from that. Water weight is a bitch. My goal for the year is be at 185, which is another 15-20 depending on how much salt etc I’ve had. Good luck and Happy New Year!
Link Posted: 1/1/2024 7:38:58 PM EDT
[#33]
I’m in fellas. Porked up during covid. Went from 220-225 to 280. I need to get back down to 225. And I need to drop the sugar. Any one use any of the “greens” supplements? I hate vegetables. Need to focus on diet and get lifting again
Link Posted: 1/1/2024 8:15:16 PM EDT
[#34]
I’m at 212, should be closer to 190.going to be a sucky couple months of dieting
Link Posted: 1/2/2024 8:10:52 AM EDT
[Last Edit: 1775] [#35]
I'm in.  Got on the scale yesterday and saw over 270, don't remember the exact.  That's the first time in my life I have seen over 260 on the scale and it made me sick.  I wanted to lose when I thought I was around 250-255, but this is ridiculous.   Started atkins with intermittent fasting yesterday and will continue it.  My goal is 200 lbs.  In order to give a concrete date I set July 1st as the target date.

Jan 1 - 270
Jan 8 - 262.4
Link Posted: 1/2/2024 8:31:19 AM EDT
[#36]
In on this. Need to lose 25lbs.
Link Posted: 1/2/2024 8:39:32 AM EDT
[#37]
Ultimately I want to be below 200. 50lb loss. That will probably take most of the year.

One thing I haven't been able to work around during weight loss is constantly feeling cold. It absolutely saps my energy and makes me unpleasant to be around.
Link Posted: 1/2/2024 8:57:36 AM EDT
[#38]
Originally Posted By steviesterno16:
My goal before christmas was to lose 20 pounds and hit my goal weight, which I haven't been under since college. After christmas I only have 28 to go

that said, I get to buy a 2011 when I hit it, so pretty much not going to eat in January
View Quote

I got on the scale this morning and realized that the 32# I wanted to lose jumped to 42# since Thanksgiving.

Over the last 3 years I have been plagued by injuries - I guess from trying to keep doing what I was doing.  I'll be 56yo in March.

Today I will start on my new Concept 2 rower and get back to eating better with less sugar and beer.
Link Posted: 1/2/2024 9:00:04 AM EDT
[#39]

I drink beer.  Lots of it.  I also tend to eat WAY too much.  If I can keep the eating under control, I can still have my beer.  Thank God.
View Quote

It's easy to do what you're good at.  I'm also good at eating and drinking beer.
Link Posted: 1/2/2024 9:14:58 AM EDT
[#40]
I'd love to be 50 lbs lighter by mid-summer.  I could stand to lose 90 this year.  It's time.  

I'm going to start with changing my eating habits and walking or hitting the elliptical.  Also, a gallon or more of water per day.
Link Posted: 1/2/2024 9:20:38 AM EDT
[#41]
I've basically been eating and drinking non stop since the week of thanksgiving. This was a result of the holiday season and spending two weeks in China for work. Plus I got sick with something my child brought back from daycare as soon as I returned from China. As a result, I weigh 158# and I prefer to weigh closer to 148#. I'm likely going to do dry January and that alone combined with my normal exercise routine should help me lose 10# in about a month.
Link Posted: 1/2/2024 9:35:09 AM EDT
[Last Edit: CSeaBass] [#42]
Started keto and intermittent fasting last June. Down 70 lbs, another 100 to go..

Had McDonald's as a cheat last night... I feel like shit now. First soda in 6 months. I am sore, bloated. And feel like shit. I can't believe I was putting this garbage in me and feeling like this all the time.
Link Posted: 1/2/2024 9:56:04 AM EDT
[#43]
I'm coming up on 90# lost since we got sent to work from home during covid. Down to 242. Did it all with reduced eating and cutting crap, biking 60-70 miles per week during spring/summer/fall and walking 6 miles a day with dogs depending on weather

Started lifting as heavy as I can (just turned 50 years old) about 3 months ago thanks to urging of my youngest daughter. I love it and look forward to it as often as I can.

Will always be a work in progress. But it's getting better. No weight goal in mind. But would like to get into 34 jeans
Link Posted: 1/2/2024 10:20:15 AM EDT
[Last Edit: FoxValleyTacDriver] [#44]
I lost 20lbs just from quitting drinking. I was a gym rat in college and I'm lean/low fat at 230, right now I'm about 250. Weight lifting 4 days a week and and eating healthy.

With how you were drinking/eating the weight will literally fall off. I'd wager you have to eat around 3500 calories just to maintain your weight. I'd eat more than 1500 otherwise I'd be worried you won't stick to it.

My advice, as someone who went to school for this, Dont do fad diets. Just eat healthy. Eat often to keep your metabolism going. Every two to three hours. Something small. 150-200. Eat 500-600 for a meal. Pay attention to calories. You'd be amazed at the caloric cost of some foods. I went out to a nice Mexican restraunt and the meal (Large burrito, rice and beans) plus the margarita I had were almost 2k calories. The same as a person should be eating per day..

Also work out, but make sure you have enough calories for energy or you will burn yourself out.

Link Posted: 1/2/2024 10:32:22 AM EDT
[#45]
I have a job where I work alone and boring.  I started using the Steezy app to learn how to dance.  It's a light workout and keeps things interesting.
Link Posted: 1/2/2024 10:34:14 AM EDT
[#46]
View Quote

Dont discount walking.
Link Posted: 1/2/2024 10:45:00 AM EDT
[#47]

Who's with me .

Starting weight 355
View Quote
What is your ideal weight?
Link Posted: 1/2/2024 10:46:58 AM EDT
[#48]
Link Posted: 1/2/2024 11:41:53 AM EDT
[#49]
Gave up a lifetime addiction to copenhagen over a year ago but replaced the habit with snacks, treats, Jack and general over eating and drinking.
Sons wedding in Oct 2024 so hoping to go sub 200lbs by then - sitting about 230 now.
Not sure if any trende weight loss programs are needed but may look around. Figure if I start now I may make it by Oct!!!!!!!!!  
Did I mention the drive thru's
Link Posted: 1/2/2024 1:14:09 PM EDT
[#50]
Day 2, no change.
I give up.

Treadmill is acting up, get along at a good pace, then it stops and starts up again. I'll get through it.
Page / 5
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top