Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Posted: 8/18/2017 7:06:57 PM EDT
Went to visit the Alamo today for the first time. We did the walking tour thing, which was really cool and had a lot of really interesting historical information. I highly recommend it.

About half way through the tour, while we were at the big monument to the fallen defenders, there was a younger Hispanic man and his young (4-5 year old) son. This guy was dressed in quite a bit USMC and OIF veteran stuff and a big backpack. He was staying fairly close to the group and explaining to his son, loud enough for us to hear, how the men on the monument weren't heros, but racist frauds who took the land from the Mexicans. The poor kid would ask his dad to read every little plaque and the dad would read it and explain how it was all lies. He even went to the workers and asked them how they could do their jobs. I'm sure it was an obvious troll attempt to try and start something or get a reaction from all of the visitors there. I was pretty surprised that everyone ignored him and nobody did anything stupid, but with all of the attempts at erasing history it was disappointing to see it in person.

...I know cool story, bro and all that...
Link Posted: 8/18/2017 7:10:11 PM EDT
[#1]
You have to go back.
Link Posted: 8/18/2017 7:11:56 PM EDT
[#2]
Go back, but visit the basement next time.
Link Posted: 8/18/2017 7:12:00 PM EDT
[#3]
I'm sure it's on the list of the Ugly Americans to torch.........
Link Posted: 8/18/2017 7:13:31 PM EDT
[#4]
Heres the door.  Adios mother fucker
Link Posted: 8/18/2017 7:13:43 PM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
You have to go back.
View Quote
It was a really great place to visit..if I didn't have a wife and 4 year old in tow I could've spent hours there for sure....maybe I'll go back on a day that isn't 100 degrees either
Link Posted: 8/18/2017 7:13:58 PM EDT
[#6]
Hope you took pics of the Alamo as it will be torn down by Labor Day.

How come you did not record the perp?  Even in vertical video?
Link Posted: 8/18/2017 7:17:59 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

View Quote
My wife did get some pics of him...I was trying to corral the 4 year old and keep her away from the creep lil bastard. Was unsure if putting the pics up would be considered "arock-ing" so I didn't.
Link Posted: 8/18/2017 7:23:44 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
My wife did get some pics of him...I was trying to corral the 4 year old and keep her away from the creep lil bastard. Was unsure if putting the pics up would be considered "arock-ing" so I didn't.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Nah...

Could always design up a wanted poster of the perp with the title of Known Troublemaker and take a stack of them to the next Alamo visit.
Link Posted: 8/18/2017 7:24:03 PM EDT
[#9]
I guess the 'tard didn't take the time to read the names of the men that died there....
Link Posted: 8/18/2017 7:25:39 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
View Quote
Came here to post this!
Link Posted: 8/18/2017 7:27:06 PM EDT
[#11]
I saw it while on town pass from basic at Lackland.  Kinda looked fake in the middle of all the modern buildings.  Didn't spend time there, went looking for the nearest guitar store, then decent restaurant.
Link Posted: 8/18/2017 7:27:59 PM EDT
[#12]
Link Posted: 8/18/2017 7:28:53 PM EDT
[#13]
In my spare time I go to other countries and publically mock their heroes.  

Fuck that man.
Link Posted: 8/18/2017 7:28:57 PM EDT
[#14]
Did you pay extra for the basement tour?

Link Posted: 8/18/2017 7:29:32 PM EDT
[#15]
Hey Santa Ana, we're killing your soldiers below...
Link Posted: 8/18/2017 7:29:59 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
I guess the 'tard didn't take the time to read the names of the men that died there....
View Quote
Commies have zero regard for human life, so it wouldn't have registered. 
Link Posted: 8/18/2017 7:30:05 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
Went to visit the Alamo today for the first time. We did the walking tour thing, which was really cool and had a lot of really interesting historical information. I highly recommend it.

About half way through the tour, while we were at the big monument to the fallen defenders, there was a younger Hispanic man and his young (4-5 year old) son. This guy was dressed in quite a bit USMC and OIF veteran stuff and a big backpack. He was staying fairly close to the group and explaining to his son, loud enough for us to hear, how the men on the monument weren't heros, but racist frauds who took the land from the Mexicans. The poor kid would ask his dad to read every little plaque and the dad would read it and explain how it was all lies. He even went to the workers and asked them how they could do their jobs. I'm sure it was an obvious troll attempt to try and start something or get a reaction from all of the visitors there. I was pretty surprised that everyone ignored him and nobody did anything stupid, but with all of the attempts at erasing history it was disappointing to see it in person.

View Quote

He's an idiot, there were Mexican defenders at the Alamo also. They fought bled and died right next to the white folk.
Link Posted: 8/18/2017 7:30:24 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

It was a really great place to visit..if I didn't have a wife and 4 year old in tow I could've spent hours there for sure....maybe I'll go back on a day that isn't 100 degrees either
View Quote
I think he was talking to the pissed off Mexican.  
Link Posted: 8/18/2017 7:31:07 PM EDT
[#19]
Did you tell him he was a traitor and should go the fuck back were his parents were born ?
Link Posted: 8/18/2017 7:32:52 PM EDT
[#20]
You Should have explained General Lee to him and his son.
Link Posted: 8/18/2017 7:34:22 PM EDT
[#21]
you really should have checked the basement, they have a used bike store there.
Link Posted: 8/18/2017 7:34:43 PM EDT
[#22]
Should've asked him if he wanted to reenact the battle.
Link Posted: 8/18/2017 7:37:10 PM EDT
[#23]
Mexicans shoulda fought harder.  Twice. 

Such is the logic of the Civil War threads. 
Link Posted: 8/18/2017 7:37:57 PM EDT
[#24]
Since the entire country of Mexico only exists because racist white people, with tans, militarily conquered the cultures that lived there previously, I think this guy can go fuck himself right in the hypocritical ass.
Link Posted: 8/18/2017 7:37:58 PM EDT
[#25]
The Mexicans have had an entire country to run on their own.  It's called Mexico.  In spite of smart, hardworking people, tremendous natural resources, and a safe spot on the planet, it is fucked up.

If I were a Mexican living in the US, I would be thrilled not to be ruled over by Mexicans.

Note:  When I use the term Mexican, I am referring to current or former citizens of Mexico.
Link Posted: 8/18/2017 7:44:16 PM EDT
[#26]
I hear they're going to remodel the place.

They may put in a little creek with tables and chairs
Link Posted: 8/18/2017 7:46:45 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:

I think he was talking to the pissed off Mexican.  
View Quote
Link Posted: 8/18/2017 7:49:36 PM EDT
[#28]
Link Posted: 8/18/2017 7:50:23 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:
I hear they're going to remodel the place.

They may put in a little creek with tables and chairs
View Quote
The plan is to change it's focus to cultural diversity.
Link Posted: 8/18/2017 7:51:11 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:
The Mexicans have had an entire country to run on their own.  It's called Mexico.  In spite of smart, hardworking people, tremendous natural resources, and a safe spot on the planet, it is fucked up.

If I were a Mexican living in the US, I would be thrilled not to be ruled over by Mexicans.

Note:  When I use the term Mexican, I am referring to current or former citizens of Mexico.
View Quote
Note? and illegals here now too? They are mexicans.
Link Posted: 8/18/2017 8:51:32 PM EDT
[#31]
OP... you should've yelled "ICE" at the top of your lungs and watched the libtard asswipe father shit his pants and duck for cover...  Now THAT would be fun...
Link Posted: 8/18/2017 9:02:00 PM EDT
[#32]
Man, I haven't been to the Alamo in years, and I work only 2 miles from it.
Link Posted: 8/18/2017 9:06:47 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:
OP... you should've yelled "ICE" at the top of your lungs and watched the libtard asswipe father shit his pants and duck for cover...  Now THAT would be fun...
View Quote
No one knows that term. It's ¡La Migra!
Link Posted: 8/18/2017 9:26:07 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:

View Quote
Meh, I literally had a steak dinner and took a huge crap across the street last night, walked over and saw Joe Walsh at he Majestic last night. Didn't see any pissy Mexicans with their spawn where I was. Fuck them, second place losers. Even if they had kept Tejas, under !exican control, it would be a third world shit hole. So fuck'em, they are losers..
Link Posted: 8/18/2017 9:43:19 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Before I was employed with my current agency, I attended the USBP (back when it was still in Charleston, SC)...I see myself as a failure now, because I didn't refer to him as a "tonk"
Link Posted: 8/18/2017 9:58:23 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:

Before I was employed with my current agency, I attended the USBP (back when it was still in Charleston, SC)...I see myself as a failure now, because I didn't refer to him as a "#%*!"
View Quote
I always enjoy talking to the older BP guys and what phrases they use.  On the 4th of July BP was out here tracking a group and they sounded like guys that worked at Footlocker talking about the foot sign.
Link Posted: 8/18/2017 10:24:55 PM EDT
[#37]
Was he wearing a hat?
Link Posted: 8/18/2017 10:32:10 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:
Was he wearing a hat?
View Quote
I think was wearing a OIF service ribbon. He was decked out in all kinds "I served" stuff. Just looked like obvious trolling- like he wanted someone to say something so he could rub his service in their face.
Link Posted: 8/18/2017 10:35:59 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:
Came here to post this!
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Came here to post this!
First time for me on ARFCOM to not get beaten like a rented wildebeest!
Link Posted: 8/18/2017 10:51:51 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:

I think was wearing a OIF service ribbon. He was decked out in all kinds "I served" stuff. Just looked like obvious trolling- like he wanted someone to say something so he could rub his service in their face.
View Quote
My triple GGF was one of the ones that volunteered from Gonzales that fought and died in the Alamo (George W Cottle). My mother was a member of the Daughters of the republic of Texas...I dont think I would have the restraint that you had...F**k that guy

ETA my Mother/Grandmother had donated some of his things to put on display, not that big of a deal, a money box (it was a cheese box really) and a old leather "watch sack". Last time I saw them they were on display in the Barracks part of the Alamo.
Link Posted: 8/18/2017 10:59:42 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:

My triple GGF was one of the ones that volunteered from Gonzales that fought and died in the Alamo (George W Cottle). My mother was a member of the Daughters of the republic of Texas...I dont think I would have the restraint that you had...F**k that guy
View Quote
I wanted to say something, but there was no way that POS was worth it. I was surprised that nobody gave him any attention. It was like the whole place knew that ignoring him was the best way to deal with him.

On a side note, I have lived in Texas for most of my adult life and find Texas history- especially the revolution, to be completely fascinating. It was almost a religious experience touching those walls and walking that ground today.
Link Posted: 8/18/2017 11:02:51 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:

View Quote
This is sadly true.  Mexico could be a very prosperous and modern nation...but...they've had a horrible culture of corruption and greed.  At the time of the battle at the Alamo, before and after, many Hispanics were living, working, and owning land in Texas.  Most of them were happy to split the sheets with Mexico and fought with other Texans against the nation of Mexico.  This was not a racial war.  It was a war of independence, and lots of Texans wanted it.  There were even free blacks who contributed in the fighting to the surprise of many.  History is hard for some on the left to understand...especially when they're trying to rewrite it.

In reality it's a shame that President Polk and General Zachary didn't just march all the way to Mexico's southern border and stick the U.S. flag in it.  Mexico and us would be a lot better off today if that had occurred.  And I don't say that in any kind of a racially motivated perspective.  The Mexican government and criminal organizations in that country have been screwing their citizens for centuries.
Link Posted: 8/18/2017 11:03:17 PM EDT
[#43]
Well Mexico had Texas for a short time compared to all the other groups that have held it.

For the last 50000 years or so various groups have held this land and for some reason the Mexicans have a hard time getting over the loss.

They have really shit their skillet across the border. A wonderful country full of natural resources and after all these years still a third world shit hole.

I have met these types at the Alamo before and most times they don't want to remove their hats. What they don't understand is that a lot of those white boys were "Mexicans" and wanted a better Mexico .

Well that will all be rewritten soon too I imagine.,
Link Posted: 8/18/2017 11:03:54 PM EDT
[#44]
They will be agitating to tear it down soon. It will not end well.
Link Posted: 8/18/2017 11:07:59 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:
They will be agitating to tear it down soon. It will not end well.
View Quote
I'm about convinced that you may be right. I'd add that going after the Alamo in Texas might even be a worse idea than going after Washington and Jefferson....not a doubt in my mind about the outcome if they did try to tear it down.
Link Posted: 8/18/2017 11:09:36 PM EDT
[#46]
Link Posted: 8/18/2017 11:12:30 PM EDT
[#47]
The latino is ignorant that there were Mexicans who also defended the Alamo and died there.
Link Posted: 8/18/2017 11:15:25 PM EDT
[#48]
He probably had an ancestor there fighting against the tyrannical Antonio Lopez de Santa Ana.
Link Posted: 8/18/2017 11:16:46 PM EDT
[#49]
He probably had an ancestor there fighting against the tyrannical Antonio Lopez de Santa Ana.
Link Posted: 8/18/2017 11:23:20 PM EDT
[#50]
Screw that tonk.  

The Alamo is hallowed ground.
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top