Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Posted: 8/15/2017 4:37:39 PM EDT
A second Texas Revolution is currently brewing in the Lone Star State. This all comes as a result of a seemingly laudable plan promoted to and passed by the state’s legislature some four years ago.

The plan involved the rebuilding and improvement of the state’s most iconic shrine—the Alamo. The plan as promoted and approved would have rebuilt certain historic structures present at the time of the 1836 battle, as well as give visitors there a better and more complete understanding of the physical environment existing at the time of the conflict.

Consequent to the plan’s passage, Texas General Land Office Commissioner George P. Bush, whose office is now in charge of running the Alamo, brought in a number of out-of-state planners to design the project. What they came up with was something very different from what its backers originally envisioned. Much to their dismay, the originators of this effort were astounded to learn that the new focus of the Alamo would no longer be the 1836 battle for which it is world famous.

In the words of Bush’s Master Planner George Skarmeas, “We cannot single out one moment in time.” Instead the Alamo would be transformed into a multi-cultural hodgepodge of world history. In fact, its very name would be changed. The site would no longer be referred to as the Alamo—instead, it would be known as the San Antonio de Valero mission. And this does not comprise the full extent of the plan’s disturbing features.

Instead of rebuilding the mission’s outer-perimeter defensive walls using the original limestone as has been done at the other four San Antonio missions, the Alamo’s walls would be constructed of modern-day see-through plexiglass. Other bizarre aspects by the designers are also present, including a tree-lined body of flowing water coursing through the middle of the site’s Main Plaza complete with tables, chairs, and canopies under which tourists may sip their drinks in comfort. In short, the effect will be more reminiscent of a modern-day tourist theme park than that of a hallowed and sacred battleground. Needless to say, upon learning these facts Texans across the state have met this plan with vociferous opposition.

There are now statewide efforts ongoing to ensure that it is never implemented; these Texans are outraged and adamant that a plan conforming to the original intent of the legislature when proposed and passed be enacted. It is safe to assume that this fight will be loud and ugly. It is also highly likely that when it is over, George P. Bush’s once-promising political career in the state will be finished." -Rick Range     

One way you can help with this effort right now: Forward this website information to everyone that you possibly can, and ask them to do likewise. 

Link
Link Posted: 8/15/2017 4:42:46 PM EDT
[#1]
Does it have a basement?
Link Posted: 8/15/2017 4:44:34 PM EDT
[#2]
The rewriting of history begins.  Mao would be proud.
Link Posted: 8/15/2017 4:45:44 PM EDT
[#3]
*eye twitch*
Link Posted: 8/15/2017 4:46:07 PM EDT
[#4]
In the words of Bush’s Master Planner George Skarmeas, “We cannot single out one moment in time.” Instead the Alamo would be transformed into a multi-cultural hodgepodge of world history. In fact, its very name would be changed. The site would no longer be referred to as the Alamo—instead, it would be known as the San Antonio de Valero mission. And this does not comprise the full extent of the plan’s disturbing features.
View Quote
USA.. you are getting more retarded by the day
Link Posted: 8/15/2017 4:46:18 PM EDT
[#5]
Fuck them.  Leave it be.
Link Posted: 8/15/2017 4:46:37 PM EDT
[#6]
We'll see if Texans take care of this horseshit
Link Posted: 8/15/2017 4:47:41 PM EDT
[#7]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

USA.. you are getting more retarded by the day
View Quote
Pretty much, yeah.
Link Posted: 8/15/2017 4:48:27 PM EDT
[#8]

Looks like I'm going to need more mags.
Link Posted: 8/15/2017 4:48:30 PM EDT
[#9]
George P. Bush enough said.  I don't even....
Link Posted: 8/15/2017 4:48:30 PM EDT
[#10]
Fuck George P(eckerhead) Bush

He needs to have his ass kicked by all Texans.
Link Posted: 8/15/2017 4:48:32 PM EDT
[#11]
The Alamo represents racist white people trying to kill peaceful Mexicans to take their land.  It will be attacked and torn down next.
Link Posted: 8/15/2017 4:50:40 PM EDT
[#12]
Link Posted: 8/15/2017 4:51:43 PM EDT
[#13]
That's not going to happen.
Link Posted: 8/15/2017 4:53:01 PM EDT
[#14]
As a 5th generation Texan, I say fuck that bullshit, and run that asshole out of the state!
Link Posted: 8/15/2017 4:55:54 PM EDT
[#15]
It was this fucking Bush that took it away from the DRT.

That motherfucker is making money off of this scheme somehow.
Link Posted: 8/15/2017 4:59:44 PM EDT
[#16]
There's a lot of political stuff I don't care about, but if you fuck with the Alamo, that's it. I'm popping Pmags and strapping on plates. Enough is enough.
Link Posted: 8/15/2017 5:00:06 PM EDT
[#17]
This is pure, unadulterated bullshit, and I'm not even a Texan. 
Link Posted: 8/15/2017 5:01:19 PM EDT
[#18]
I'm not a Texan but I always believed the Alamo was a symbol of Freedom, if there try that plan I would drive down there and take a stand 
Link Posted: 8/15/2017 5:01:55 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
Does it have a basement?
View Quote
Link Posted: 8/15/2017 5:04:12 PM EDT
[#20]
Just wait until ANTIFA remembers that Texas was a Slave State, and according to the Leftist view of history only left Mexico so they could have Slaves.

They'll tear it down and build a monument to Santa Ana when Texas turns Blue.
Link Posted: 8/15/2017 5:05:56 PM EDT
[#21]
What, no water park?  The real question is will they depict Juan Seguin in his Alamo clothes or his Mexican Army uniform that he switched to after Texas won its independence from Mexico?

P.S. for those that don't know that SOB is buried in a shitty park on the side of a hill in Seguin.
Link Posted: 8/15/2017 5:09:49 PM EDT
[#22]
Um hell no. You mess with the Alamo it will not end well for you.
Link Posted: 8/15/2017 5:11:27 PM EDT
[#23]
You don't fuck with Texas

Also you don't fuck with history.

As much as I hate to say this: If necessary Trump should declare it a national historical monument and protect it just as is.
Link Posted: 8/15/2017 5:15:14 PM EDT
[#24]
I'm not from Texas and that is obviously a very stupid idea.

Texans should take up arms if this dumbassery proceeds.
Link Posted: 8/15/2017 5:16:34 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
A second Texas Revolution is currently brewing in the Lone Star State. This all comes as a result of a seemingly laudable plan promoted to and passed by the state’s legislature some four years ago.

The plan involved the rebuilding and improvement of the state’s most iconic shrine—the Alamo. The plan as promoted and approved would have rebuilt certain historic structures present at the time of the 1836 battle, as well as give visitors there a better and more complete understanding of the physical environment existing at the time of the conflict.

Consequent to the plan’s passage, Texas General Land Office Commissioner George P. Bush, whose office is now in charge of running the Alamo, brought in a number of out-of-state planners to design the project. What they came up with was something very different from what its backers originally envisioned. Much to their dismay, the originators of this effort were astounded to learn that the new focus of the Alamo would no longer be the 1836 battle for which it is world famous.

Instead of rebuilding the mission’s outer-perimeter defensive walls using the original limestone as has been done at the other four San Antonio missions, the Alamo’s walls would be constructed of modern-day see-through plexiglass. Other bizarre aspects by the designers are also present, including a tree-lined body of flowing water coursing through the middle of the site’s Main Plaza complete with tables, chairs, and canopies under which tourists may sip their drinks in comfort. In short, the effect will be more reminiscent of a modern-day tourist theme park than that of a hallowed and sacred battleground. Needless to say, upon learning these facts Texans across the state have met this plan with vociferous opposition.

There are now statewide efforts ongoing to ensure that it is never implemented; these Texans are outraged and adamant that a plan conforming to the original intent of the legislature when proposed and passed be enacted. It is safe to assume that this fight will be loud and ugly. It is also highly likely that when it is over, George P. Bush’s once-promising political career in the state will be finished." -Rick Range     

One way you can help with this effort right now: Forward this website information to everyone that you possibly can, and ask them to do likewise. 

Link
View Quote

Yeah, no! GFTOtta here with that shit.
Link Posted: 8/15/2017 5:17:04 PM EDT
[#26]
Well Ozzy pissed on the Alamo Cenotaph and he lived.
He was arrested.
The Cenotaph, is to honor the Texans who died there.
Link Posted: 8/15/2017 5:17:39 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
You don't fuck with Texas

Also you don't fuck with history.

As much as I hate to say this: If necessary Trump should declare it a national historical monument and protect it just as is.
View Quote
Nah, we'll pass on that.  We got this.
Link Posted: 8/15/2017 5:18:45 PM EDT
[#28]
But but but but.... muh bike!!!!
Link Posted: 8/15/2017 5:20:44 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:
George P. Bush enough said.  I don't even....
View Quote
The family that won't go away.
Link Posted: 8/15/2017 5:22:07 PM EDT
[#30]
Jeb's oldest son tanking his political career? Please clap.
Link Posted: 8/15/2017 5:30:50 PM EDT
[#31]
Further proof that the Bush family are pro globalists.
Link Posted: 8/15/2017 5:32:53 PM EDT
[#32]
Jesus the Bushes are a bunch of scumbags to the core. Every single one of them is worthless
Link Posted: 8/15/2017 5:35:57 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:
That's not going to happen.
View Quote
In today's political climate...I'm surprised there isn't a movement to tear it down because it symbolized white oppression of Mexicans. 

I've recently backed off on making finite statements. It's too easy for shit to go sideways. 
Link Posted: 8/15/2017 5:40:45 PM EDT
[#34]
Kind of reminds me what they did with that stupid glass pyramid in Paris, France (not Texas ).
Link Posted: 8/15/2017 5:41:42 PM EDT
[#35]
Texans you now know not to vote for this man in the future! He has revealed his true nature and it is not consistent with your values.
Link Posted: 8/15/2017 5:47:35 PM EDT
[#36]
With they way American society is caving to political correctness with our elected officials leading the way, I'm surprised they don't bulldoze the place and put up a monument to the Mexican army soldiers who died there instead and a big plaque apologizing for the evil white people taking the poor Mexican's land.  
Link Posted: 8/15/2017 5:56:28 PM EDT
[#37]
Another god damned Bush.

I've never attended a protest before but if they tried to enact this retarded plan I would go down to San Antonio in an instant.
Link Posted: 8/15/2017 5:59:09 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:
Texans you now know not to vote for this man in the future! He has revealed his true nature and it is not consistent with your values.
View Quote
But...but...but...he's Jeb's son. 
Link Posted: 8/15/2017 6:00:57 PM EDT
[#39]
And so it was with every class of recorded fact, great or small. Everything faded away into a shadow-world in which, finally, even the date of the year had become uncertain.

Link Posted: 8/15/2017 6:04:39 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:
Another god damned Bush.

I've never attended a protest before but if they tried to enact this retarded plan I would go down to San Antonio in an instant.
View Quote
We can carpool.

I never really planned to show up at a protest, much less heavily armed, but this would warrant it.
Link Posted: 8/15/2017 6:07:55 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:
I'm not a Texan but I always believed the Alamo was a symbol of Freedom, if there try that plan I would drive down there and take a stand 
View Quote
free men came from all over the country to stand, fight, and die at the Alamo. All are remembered....even that guy from New York.
Link Posted: 8/15/2017 6:08:50 PM EDT
[#42]
NOT ON MY WATCH!!  Message passed on to others here at home.

Remember the Alamo
Link Posted: 8/15/2017 6:12:05 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:
Jesus the Bushes are a bunch of scumbags to the core. Every single one of them is worthless
View Quote
you got that right
Link Posted: 8/15/2017 6:17:12 PM EDT
[#44]
I have ancestors who were on both sides of that battle.

Let me know if you Texas folks are planning a party to bring them bitches to heel; I'll be happy to come on over.
Link Posted: 8/15/2017 6:19:54 PM EDT
[#45]
Is Ozzie still banned from the Alamo or was it Woolworths?
Link Posted: 8/15/2017 6:21:33 PM EDT
[#46]
Link Posted: 8/15/2017 6:22:02 PM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:
Is Ozzie still banned from the Alamo or was it Woolworths?
View Quote
He was banned from performing in SA, but years later a 10k donation made to the organization that oversees the Alamo, made him good again.
Link Posted: 8/15/2017 6:30:59 PM EDT
[#48]
Contacted his office.
Message was pretty simple:

Any plans to reimagine the Alamo is horseshit.
Link Posted: 8/15/2017 6:37:07 PM EDT
[#49]
SOON
Link Posted: 8/15/2017 6:37:31 PM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:
Contacted his office.
Message was pretty simple:

Any plans to reimagine the Alamo is horseshit.
View Quote
Glad to hear that.  I don't think to many Texans would think twice before defending it again.
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top