Link Posted: 2/23/2017 8:54:23 AM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 2/23/2017 8:54:54 AM EDT
[#2]
Cops.

That one is fucked.
Link Posted: 2/23/2017 8:59:07 AM EDT
[#3]
honestly I can see justification when those kids jumped the hedge and came at him he was way overwhelmed - under the circumstances I think he'll get a talking to but not much more.  the obvious question is how did this all get started, and was all this while waiting for the cops to arrive, because if that guy was detaining a suspect and facing a mob, I dont even see a talking to.
Link Posted: 2/23/2017 8:59:11 AM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I don't think much of that stuff flies when he's in his dungarees on his lawn. "I didn't think he was a cop, I thought he was a pervert who was going to take Jose into his garage and ass fuck him"

If I was driving to the grocery store and saw that guy had one of my kid's friends by the neck (okay if they were 14 and not 4) I wouldn't tackle the guy but "Get the fuck out of here I'm a cop" wouldn't get me to hop back in my car and leave one of the neighbor kids by himself. 
View Quote
new york and LA are shitholes, around here the neighbors would pour out of their homes with ARs and told the kids to fuck off or feed the gators 
Link Posted: 2/23/2017 9:00:01 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
I don't think much of that stuff flies when he's in his dungarees on his lawn. "I didn't think he was a cop, I thought he was a pervert who was going to take Jose into his garage and ass fuck him"

If I was driving to the grocery store and saw that guy had one of my kid's friends by the neck (okay if they were 14 and not 4) I wouldn't tackle the guy but "Get the fuck out of here I'm a cop" wouldn't get me to hop back in my car and leave one of the neighbor kids by himself. 
View Quote

Off duty means off duty.
It wasn't like the LEO was stopping a forcible felony.
Link Posted: 2/23/2017 9:22:28 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

100%

You can tell when someone has had actual personal experience with this sort and who hasn't.

Dude was about to get jumped and stomped

Whats really sad is there is literally nothing you can do to win if placed into that situation anymore.

The safest response I guess is just let the "teens" do whatever they want and sit like a hostage/coward in your own home.

Hello Anarcho-Tyranny (basically the underclass does what they wish, and the good guys can do nothing, and if they do the full force of the State will be brought against you).

None of that is to say this was handled well, but I understand.
View Quote

How about acting like a mature adult?  Say, "Please don't walk on my yard Maam.  See where the grass is getting worn down?""  Instead of, "Hay, stupid cunt get off of my lawn!!!" and then dragging her white knight around by the neck.
Link Posted: 2/23/2017 9:23:44 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

Not a great situation, but does him not being in uniform change anything? Lawful orders and all.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Besides the ND I also don't see a problem, the guy needs some remedial firearms training and a suspension without pay for a week so he can work on his firearm adequacy.

Regardless if he was a cop or not, people were trespassing on his property he told them to leave, they refused, he held one so they could be arrested for trespassing, and for defending his own home they were going to attack him. He was morally in the right.

That ND will probably cost him his job.  There's what may be perceived as morally right.  Then there is right in the eyes of society; in his area of operations.  It won't be perceived as detaining a tresspasser, it will be that he assaulted a kid.  Presenting his weapon for self defense?  No, brandishing a weapon and then showing incompetency in its use.

He only pulled it after he got surrounded.
Surrounded and tackled, by a group. I wonder how many people watches the videos.

You mean after he had every chance in the book to get himself out of the altercation?

What kind of self defense classes are you guys taking where they tell you to sit around when you get surrounded by aggressive teens and just wait for the police? GTFO of there!

Not a great situation, but does him not being in uniform change anything? Lawful orders and all.

Yeah, it does.

I can imagine how that conversation went down. "I know it looks like I'm pulling your essay back to my house to throw him in Uncle Touchy's basement of debasement, but in reality I'm just Officer Friendly doing some community outreach. Now that we have that settled, would someone call Zed for me?"
Link Posted: 2/23/2017 9:27:03 AM EDT
[#8]
Not enough info yet on this one.
Link Posted: 2/23/2017 9:29:49 AM EDT
[#9]
In his defense...He does have a dam nice lawn!
Link Posted: 2/23/2017 9:29:50 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

Yeah, it does.

I can imagine how that conversation went down. "I know it looks like I'm pulling your essay back to my house to throw him in Uncle Touchy's basement of debasement, but in reality I'm just Officer Friendly doing some community outreach. Now that we have that settled, would someone call Zed for me?"
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Besides the ND I also don't see a problem, the guy needs some remedial firearms training and a suspension without pay for a week so he can work on his firearm adequacy.

Regardless if he was a cop or not, people were trespassing on his property he told them to leave, they refused, he held one so they could be arrested for trespassing, and for defending his own home they were going to attack him. He was morally in the right.

That ND will probably cost him his job.  There's what may be perceived as morally right.  Then there is right in the eyes of society; in his area of operations.  It won't be perceived as detaining a tresspasser, it will be that he assaulted a kid.  Presenting his weapon for self defense?  No, brandishing a weapon and then showing incompetency in its use.

Surrounded and tackled, by a group. I wonder how many people watches the videos.

You mean after he had every chance in the book to get himself out of the altercation?

What kind of self defense classes are you guys taking where they tell you to sit around when you get surrounded by aggressive teens and just wait for the police? GTFO of there!

Yeah, it does.

Sure, except the kids knew he was a cop.

So if undercover Narcs pull guns and say "POLICE", you can bang out assuming your being robbed at gunpoint and they're not LEO?
Link Posted: 2/23/2017 9:31:40 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
I don't care who you are, you don't accidentally pull a trigger.
View Quote

Even the "experts" have ND's

http://panteao.com/uncut-travis-haley-nd-video/
Link Posted: 2/23/2017 9:32:03 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

Off duty means off duty.
View Quote

This.
Cops would haul my ass to jail if I drug a kid around the yard for walking on the grass.
At that level of irrational thinking, He might as well started shooting them all in the face. Street creds and all.
Link Posted: 2/23/2017 9:33:44 AM EDT
[#13]
Not stating that he is right or wrong, but one lesson to take is that after already embroiled in that conflict, the only language those punks understood was the sound of that gun being fired.
Link Posted: 2/23/2017 9:34:31 AM EDT
[#14]
Link Posted: 2/23/2017 9:36:53 AM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

So if undercover Narcs pull guns and say "POLICE", you can bang out assuming your being robbed at gunpoint and they're not LEO?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Yeah, it does.

The kids knew he was a cop?  You sure about that?

I heard several kids tell the guy that they had called the cops to get him off their friend, but I never saw him flash a badge or even tell them he was a cop.
Link Posted: 2/23/2017 9:39:06 AM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

I heard several kids tell the guy that they had called the cops to get him off their friend, but I never saw him flash a badge or even tell them he was a cop.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Yeah, it does.

"I'm not resisting" is some pretty specific language for the kids to use.
Link Posted: 2/23/2017 9:44:31 AM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

View Quote

At my former PD, we had a swat guy finger fuck his AR-15 in the armory.
Link Posted: 2/23/2017 9:46:14 AM EDT
[#18]
What's the ROI on this incident?

Yeah, exactly.
Link Posted: 2/23/2017 9:46:27 AM EDT
[#19]
Did everyone else miss the big dude tackle him before he dumped one into the ground?

Maybe I need to rewatch it. Kids in my neighborhood don't act that way. Mow em the fuck down.

I don't feel for this type of people any more.
Link Posted: 2/23/2017 9:56:14 AM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Our "highly trained" ESU guys had a string of NDs back in 2010 and 2011.
Link Posted: 2/23/2017 9:56:50 AM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Yeah, it does.

It does sound specific.

Like the kid was told "stop resisting" and not "I'm a cop."
Link Posted: 2/23/2017 9:59:01 AM EDT
[#22]
They surely knew he was a cop which is probably part of the reason why they were hassling him to begin with. They poked the bear one too many times.

On the other hand I also think off duty cops should have to play by the same rules as everyone else.

So...fry everyone involved.
Link Posted: 2/23/2017 10:20:21 AM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:

How about acting like a mature adult?  Say, "Please don't walk on my yard Maam.  See where the grass is getting worn down?""  Instead of, "Hay, stupid cunt get off of my lawn!!!" and then dragging her white knight around by the neck.
View Quote
When someone is trespassing and they know it, you can call them a blue submarine and tell them they need to fuck start their own head. It's his property he can do what he wants on it.

Property rights how do they work. Also if you listen to the cops side of things instead of the people who were initially breaking the law, after he told the female to leave the "white knight" also began trespassing, then if you watch the video all of the kids began to trespass.
Link Posted: 2/23/2017 10:24:53 AM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
When someone is trespassing and they know it, you can call them a blue submarine and tell them they need to fuck start their own head. It's his property he can do what he wants on it.

Property rights how do they work. Also if you listen to the cops side of things instead of the people who were initially breaking the law, after he told the female to leave the "white knight" also began trespassing, then if you watch the video all of the kids began to trespass.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

The only time the kids were on his property in the video was when he dragged the kid there.

Our flannel clad knight only had to trespass on two other properties to do it.
Link Posted: 2/23/2017 10:25:36 AM EDT
[#25]
Link Posted: 2/23/2017 10:27:09 AM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:

The only time the kids were on his property in the video was when he dragged the kid there.

View Quote
Do I really have to explain this to you?

The events in which the female and male trespassed originally happened before the video started. Why would the kids video tape themselves breaking the law? The urban yutes didn't start recording until the cop already had detained the main shit talker.
Link Posted: 2/23/2017 10:28:14 AM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:

Our "highly trained" ESU guys had a string of NDs back in 2010 and 2011.
View Quote

I'm assuming you get extra $$$ for being ESU?
Link Posted: 2/23/2017 10:29:49 AM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:

It does sound specific.

Like the kid was told "stop resisting" and not "I'm a cop."
View Quote

Link Posted: 2/23/2017 10:30:48 AM EDT
[#29]
Link Posted: 2/23/2017 10:33:10 AM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:

Off duty means off duty.
View Quote

Shit, even on duty I wouldn't dare put my hands on kids for walking on neighborhood lawns.
Link Posted: 2/23/2017 10:36:47 AM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:
Was he the only one in da yard room professional enough?

Yeah, don't pull you're gun on a bunch of school kids.  Let him go, work it out another way.  That dude is fucked.
View Quote

He should be fucked.  What authority does he have to restrain a kid in that manner for walking on his lawn?  Fuck that asshole!
Link Posted: 2/23/2017 10:45:14 AM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:

Shit, even on duty I wouldn't dare put my hands on kids for walking on neighborhood lawns.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Off duty means off duty.

Look at that cop and the trespassing teens in Mckinney, TX.
Link Posted: 2/23/2017 11:00:36 AM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:

He should be fucked.  What authority does he have to restrain a kid in that manner for walking on his lawn?  Fuck that asshole!
View Quote

But he's an off-duty LEO. 
Link Posted: 2/23/2017 11:02:16 AM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:

The events in which the female and male trespassed originally happened before the video started. Why would the kids video tape themselves breaking the law? The urban yutes didn't start recording until the cop already had detained the main shit talker.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

lol.  Apparently I have to explain this to you.

Our junior latina cut across his yard.  An offense that carries no legal punishment if she leaves when asked - which she did.
So our flanneled crusader starts cursing grandpa style from his front porch.  Can't say I blame him.
Then Hector, protector of m'lady's honor, tells Lt. Flannelgraph to go fornicate himself.  Which, while crude, breaks no laws.
But our flanneled protector can't tolerate a diss.  So he chases Hector down the street and assaults a minor.
Without bothering to identify himself as a cop, the flannel crusader attempts to answer the age old question of how many teenagers could you fight by yourself.
This fight takes place across two yards that are not his because flannel man is so very concerned about property rights.
When it looks like Hector's friends were going to save him from his trip to uncle touchy's basement of debasement, the flannel crusader demonstrates his fastest draw in the west skills.
But why stop impressing the neighborhood kids with your fast draw when you can put a bullet...somewhere?
The mini stand off he had with the responding cops was a nice touch too.

That's some mighty fine off duty work there, lou.
Link Posted: 2/23/2017 11:03:09 AM EDT
[#35]
If nothing else this video is great for demonstrating sympathetic muscle response.  He pulls the trigger when he pulls on the kid.  Keep your finger off the trigger dumbass.

Letting the kid go would most likely have de-escalated the situation, but I'm not sure I could let go of a 14 year old that threatened to shoot me either.
Link Posted: 2/23/2017 11:09:50 AM EDT
[#36]
Off duty cop told kids to stay off grass. Kid responded by telling off duty cop he will shoot him. Cop identified himself and takes kid into custody for criminal threats. Kid tries to escape custody, mob tries to rescue the little felon  from custody. Cop caps off a round. More than one kid went to jail.
Protestors show up later and vandalize cops neighbors house ??
Link Posted: 2/23/2017 11:11:10 AM EDT
[#37]
Great job by the cops in protecting his property and that of his neighbors.

Apparently a fair number of cars were vandalized, graffiti written and house windows smashed.

Mighty fine police work there boys. Can't even protect the home of one of your own.

Then again the "give them space to destroy" directive may have come down from above the top of law enforcement.
Link Posted: 2/23/2017 11:14:32 AM EDT
[#38]
Mexican carry
Link Posted: 2/23/2017 11:21:12 AM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:

lol.  Apparently I have to explain this to you.

Our junior latina cut across his yard.  An offense that carries no legal punishment if she leaves when asked - which she did.
So our flanneled crusader starts cursing grandpa style from his front porch.  Can't say I blame him.
Then Hector, protector of m'lady's honor, tells Lt. Flannelgraph to go fornicate himself.  Which, while crude, breaks no laws.
But our flanneled protector can't tolerate a diss.  So he chases Hector down the street and assaults a minor.
Without bothering to identify himself as a cop, the flannel crusader attempts to answer the age old question of how many teenagers could you fight by yourself.
This fight takes place across two yards that are not his because flannel man is so very concerned about property rights.
When it looks like Hector's friends were going to save him from his trip to uncle touchy's basement of debasement, the flannel crusader demonstrates his fastest draw in the west skills.
But why stop impressing the neighborhood kids with your fast draw when you can put a bullet...somewhere?
The mini stand off he had with the responding cops was a nice touch too.

That's some mighty fine off duty work there, lou.
View Quote

Link Posted: 2/23/2017 11:21:29 AM EDT
[#40]
Control freak who couldn't let some kids step on his lawn. Unable to back down once he asserts himself.

Bad ND. Cop is fucked.
Link Posted: 2/23/2017 11:23:56 AM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:
This off-duty cop = negligent, short fused dumb ass.  Again, another situation where having a gun does not mean you need to use it.  He's most likely going to lose his job then his house and his beautiful lawn.

Don't want kids walking on your lawn?  Turn on the sprinklers.  Walk your pitbull at the same time.  Plenty of options.  This guy gives police and guns a bad name.
View Quote

Those "kids" were as big as he was and he didn't draw until one of them tried to flank him.  My only question is what prompted him to grab that one and not let go, that's the key to whether it was justifiable or not.  
Link Posted: 2/23/2017 11:25:23 AM EDT
[#42]
What was his end game?

I don't know what he was doing or where he was going dragging that kid around?

If you're going to carry your weapon, you better have restraint devices as well - dragging a kid around the neighborhood isn't a sound plan.
Link Posted: 2/23/2017 11:26:24 AM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:
Kind of sort of agree with you.

I know kids like that, the only way to de-escalate them would be to go inside and close your blinds and lock your doors and let them fuck with your lawn until they got bored. Doing anything that you listed would draw their ire. The pitbull would work, but even that in a way is rolling over since they have forced you to do something.

I still feel bad for the cop even if he was a hot head, at the end of the day all he wanted was for people to stop trespassing, it's really not asking much.
View Quote

One other option, get a third party involved.

He could/should have called the police...
Link Posted: 2/23/2017 11:26:35 AM EDT
[#44]
Link Posted: 2/23/2017 11:27:09 AM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:
Not stating that he is right or wrong, but one lesson to take is that after already embroiled in that conflict, the only language those punks understood was the sound of that gun being fired.
View Quote

Exactly. They didn't back off when the gun came out, they backed off when the shot was fired.

That's all savages understand-violence.

Which is why it was a waste of time for the cop to get involved in this in the first place.

Unless he was prepared to go out and start dropping bodies on his lawn, he should have just stayed in the house.

Like I said before, this is a situation that's best avoided by living in a nicer area. When you live in the zoo, you're going to cross paths with the animals sooner or later.
Link Posted: 2/23/2017 11:29:01 AM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

100%

You can tell when someone has had actual personal experience with this sort and who hasn't.

Dude was about to get jumped and stomped

Whats really sad is there is literally nothing you can do to win if placed into that situation anymore.

The safest response I guess is just let the "teens" do whatever they want and sit like a hostage/coward in your own home.

Hello Anarcho-Tyranny (basically the underclass does what they wish, and the good guys can do nothing, and if they do the full force of the State will be brought against you).

None of that is to say this was handled well, but I understand.

I can see how much experience you've had with this type.  
Link Posted: 2/23/2017 11:32:10 AM EDT
[#47]
Be interesting to watch how this one turns out for the Officer
Link Posted: 2/23/2017 11:40:15 AM EDT
[#48]
Well, the bushes are ruined

That's messed up. I don't fault the cop for drawing but the ND wasn't necessary
Link Posted: 2/23/2017 11:49:44 AM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:

View Quote

So does a citizen have the legal authority to detain a trespasser, or shoplifter, or any other criminal or not?  It's a yes or no question.

If the guy was not a LEO, but a regular homeowner who was trying to hold on to a kid who was trespassing and communicating threats, with the intent of calling the police, and then drew down when he was surrounded by the gang of kids and assaulted then GD would be calling him a hero.

Now the ND is a training issue and needs to be addressed.  I see a written reprimand in his file for that.

And don't live in the shit hole you work in.  The drive is worth it.  I'm not sure if it's possible to not live in a gang infested area on a cops salary in SoCal though.  I have a 45 minute commute in NC to avoid the city I work in outside of work.
Link Posted: 2/23/2017 11:52:03 AM EDT
[#50]
He was dragging that kid around like it was gonna be tonights dinner or something. Fucking stupid.
Page / 11
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top