BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 11
Link Posted: 2/23/2017 11:53:40 AM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Control freak who couldn't let some kids step on his lawn. Unable to back down once he asserts himself.

Bad ND. Cop is fucked.
View Quote

And other LEOs get to deal with his poor decision making.
Link Posted: 2/23/2017 12:16:26 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
Great job by the cops in protecting his property and that of his neighbors.

Apparently a fair number of cars were vandalized, graffiti written and house windows smashed.

Mighty fine police work there boys. Can't even protect the home of one of your own.

Then again the "give them space to destroy" directive may have come down from above the top of law enforcement.
View Quote

The people that you have voted into office have appointed judges that no longer allow the police to do their jobs.  The same elected officials and judges refuse to incarcerate anyone who is convicted of a crime creating a situation where there is no deterrent for criminal activity.

In fact we have created the scenario where crime pays in this country.

How exactly do you expect the police to protect anyone, including themselves, in today's society?

Batons?  No too violent.
Less Lethal Munitions?  No too violent
Gas/Pepper Spray?  No too violent

The only effective strategy to survive a career in law enforcement in the modern era:
Smile and wave.  Much safer for everyone.  Traffic stops and Terry stops will get you complained on and labelled a racist for profiling by IA if your stops don't match the demographics of your town (don't worry about the fact that 95% of the known suspects are minorities).  Just write a report and send it up to the detectives.  They can take out a warrant and we can arrest him when he goes to his probation officer.  Oh, shootings, robberies, and murders are going up?  Not my problem.  I just answer 911 calls and make sure I don't live in a shit hole like the city I work in.

Don't like it?  Vote for different leaders.  The public are the police and the police are the public.  America is getting the police service that the majority of the population wants.
Link Posted: 2/23/2017 12:28:54 PM EDT
[#3]
I've watched that video twice and i still have not a fucking clue that that officer was trying to do
Link Posted: 2/23/2017 12:33:41 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
And don't live in the shit hole you work in.
View Quote

I think that's the lesson here.
Link Posted: 2/23/2017 12:42:56 PM EDT
[#5]
Waiting on the full story.  In the mean time, just the latest excuse to try to turn a neighborhood incident into an national riot.
Link Posted: 2/23/2017 12:43:41 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I don't think he does.  Everything points to him being an LAPD officer.  He lives in Anaheim, which is not in the City of Los Angeles or Los Angeles County.  It is in Orange County.
Link Posted: 2/23/2017 12:44:53 PM EDT
[#7]
Alternative angle

https://youtu.be/uY2uNgoVUHM
Link Posted: 2/23/2017 12:46:48 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
Off duty cop told kids to stay off grass. Kid responded by telling off duty cop he will shoot him. Cop identified himself and takes kid into custody for criminal threats. Kid tries to escape custody, mob tries to rescue the little felon  from custody. Cop caps off a round. More than one kid went to jail.
Protestors show up later and vandalize cops neighbors house ??
View Quote

Or: Some guy tells kids to stay off grass.  Kid tells guy to go fuck himself.  Guy chases kid down street, grabs him, claims to be a cop but never produces identification while dragging kid back to unknown location for unknown purpose.  Throws in a "well you shouldn't have said you would shoot me" since threatening to sue is not a reason to get arrested.  Kid can't escape the unlawful arrest/kidnapping, mob tries to stop the unlawful arrest/kidnapping.   Guy realizes things are rapidly going south, pulls a gun and pops a round off.  Uniformed cops show up, thin blue line tries to salvage guy's colossal fuckup by cuffing and stuffing a couple of the kids, who are promptly released because, wonder of wonders, "I will sue you" isn't a criminal threat.
Link Posted: 2/23/2017 12:55:27 PM EDT
[#9]
Well, he violated a basic rule as an LE (assuming he truly is).  Don't ever grab someone, especially hold onto them, while you have a firearm in your other hand.  See the Dr. Roger Enoka study on nerve responses here, begins on page 2:  Dr. Enoka Study

And yes, I am an LE firearms instructor.
Link Posted: 2/23/2017 12:59:30 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

I don't think he does.  Everything points to him being an LAPD officer.  He lives in Anaheim, which is not in the City of Los Angeles or Los Angeles County.  It is in Orange County.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Well, if that's the kind of teens roaming the neighborhood, he apparently doesn't live far enough away from the shit.
Link Posted: 2/23/2017 1:00:03 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
Alternative angle

View Quote

Interesting.

[youtube]https://youtu.be/uY2uNgoVUHM[/youtube]
Link Posted: 2/23/2017 1:05:55 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
Alternative angle

View Quote

If anything, that angle clearly shows that the kids was polite (as much as he could be IMO) and begging to be let go.

That "cop" was lucky the whole group did not put down their phones and beat the shit out of him.  

I think he made several mistakes that he could not undo and his poor judgement will, and should, cost him dearly.
Link Posted: 2/23/2017 1:10:39 PM EDT
[#13]
Hope that dickhead's neighbors enjoy the random bullet holes in shit from the drive-by to come.

If I lived next door to him I would be more than a little pissed off.

Link Posted: 2/23/2017 1:11:43 PM EDT
[#14]
View All Quotes

Holy fuck, can you imagine if it was a non-cop that did that?

ETA: It would have been hilarious if an ARFCOMMER owned one of the yards the cops trespassed on while pulling the kid.  "Hey, you two...get the fuck off my lawn!"
Link Posted: 2/23/2017 1:12:31 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

If anything, that angle clearly shows that the kids was polite (as much as he could be IMO) and begging to be let go.

That "cop" was lucky the whole group did not put down their phones and beat the shit out of him.  

I think he made several mistakes that he could not undo and his poor judgement will, and should, cost him dearly.
View Quote

I wonder if the kids Dad is a cop?

I didn't hear the guy state that he was a cop.
Link Posted: 2/23/2017 1:19:27 PM EDT
[#16]
Kid needs to learn how to break free.

Seriously,  wrestling should be a mandatory school sport

Link Posted: 2/23/2017 1:20:08 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

View Quote

This.  He lives in Anaheim, Orange County home of the original Disney Land. It is not a shithole.  It's a nice city, google it.  Of course none of us know what happened before the start of the video but all that drama over a lawn?  Some people need to relax.  I know, lawn today and tomorrow they'll be raping and pillaging...got it.
Link Posted: 2/23/2017 1:26:24 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
Hope that dickhead's neighbors enjoy the random bullet holes in shit from the drive-by to come.
View Quote

When I was a kid someone tracked down the cop who lived on our block over something. They contained the destruction to just his house.
Link Posted: 2/23/2017 1:33:47 PM EDT
[#19]

What in the world was he doing dragging that 13 yo kid around? What was his end goal?
Link Posted: 2/23/2017 1:33:58 PM EDT
[#20]
I agree the officer messed up, but only in the respect that he ND'd his weapon. 

Maybe those rich-and-vibrants shouldn't be fucking with people on their property. 

Fuck those kids and all the retards protesting for their sake. Stop fucking with people and they won't grass your ass. They only get away with this shit because there aren't any consequences for it. Fuck 'em, I hope the officer gets off the hook.
Link Posted: 2/23/2017 1:38:10 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

Well, if that's the kind of teens roaming the neighborhood, he apparently doesn't live far enough away from the shit.
View Quote

I'll Google the commute time from Los Angeles to Mayberry R.F.D.

My point was he doesn't live in the jurisdiction he works, but California officers may have statewide arrest power.  If they do, then he stands a better chance of acting under his authority as a cop, off duty or not.  If not, he was acting as a citizen.  Either way, the legal authority for him detaining the kid will be easy to determine.  The judgement in detaining the kid is subjective.
Link Posted: 2/23/2017 1:39:46 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:

So does a citizen have the legal authority to detain a trespasser, or shoplifter, or any other criminal or not?  It's a yes or no question.

If the guy was not a LEO, but a regular homeowner who was trying to hold on to a kid who was trespassing and communicating threats, with the intent of calling the police, and then drew down when he was surrounded by the gang of kids and assaulted then GD would be calling him a hero.

Now the ND is a training issue and needs to be addressed.  I see a written reprimand in his file for that.

And don't live in the shit hole you work in.  The drive is worth it.  I'm not sure if it's possible to not live in a gang infested area on a cops salary in SoCal though.  I have a 45 minute commute in NC to avoid the city I work in outside of work.
View Quote

He wasn't detaining a trespasser. He was arresting him for criminal threats, a felony.
Link Posted: 2/23/2017 1:40:55 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
I don't care who you are, you don't accidentally pull a trigger.
View Quote

^This 1000x
Link Posted: 2/23/2017 1:42:50 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:

What in the world was he doing dragging that 13 yo kid around? What was his end goal?
View Quote

Booking at juvenile hall for criminal threats.
Link Posted: 2/23/2017 1:43:01 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:

My point was he doesn't live in the jurisdiction he works, but California officers may have statewide arrest power.  If they do, then he stands a better chance of acting under his authority as a cop, off duty or not.  If not, he was acting as a citizen.  Either way, the legal authority for him detaining the kid will be easy to determine.  The judgement in detaining the kid is subjective.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

They do indeed have statewide arrest power. 
Link Posted: 2/23/2017 1:44:06 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:

When I was a kid someone tracked down the cop who lived on our block over something. They contained the destruction to just his house.
View Quote

I used to live in So Cal. It is not like NY - 3 clowns in a car shooting on a roll, at night.  Trying for the house they think is the right one.

Link Posted: 2/23/2017 1:45:30 PM EDT
[#27]
I'm confused, I thought even LAPD cops couldn't carry concealed in Mexico?
Link Posted: 2/23/2017 1:45:37 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:

He wasn't detaining a trespasser. He was arresting him for criminal threats, a felony.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

So does a citizen have the legal authority to detain a trespasser, or shoplifter, or any other criminal or not?  It's a yes or no question.

If the guy was not a LEO, but a regular homeowner who was trying to hold on to a kid who was trespassing and communicating threats, with the intent of calling the police, and then drew down when he was surrounded by the gang of kids and assaulted then GD would be calling him a hero.

Now the ND is a training issue and needs to be addressed.  I see a written reprimand in his file for that.

And don't live in the shit hole you work in.  The drive is worth it.  I'm not sure if it's possible to not live in a gang infested area on a cops salary in SoCal though.  I have a 45 minute commute in NC to avoid the city I work in outside of work.

I missed this in the video.  Is there another video that has this part?  Or are we going off say-so?
Link Posted: 2/23/2017 1:46:38 PM EDT
[#29]
Off-Duty LAPD Officer accidentally negligently fires his gun during altercation with school kids

Fix your thread title.
Link Posted: 2/23/2017 1:47:07 PM EDT
[#30]
Link Posted: 2/23/2017 1:49:49 PM EDT
[#31]
Link Posted: 2/23/2017 1:52:00 PM EDT
[#32]
Does this mean if LAPD rolled up on a similar situation where a non LE homeowner physically detained a kid and had an ND, that they wouldn't have arrested the homeowner?

Yeah, I didn't think so.  Cop should've been arrested and charged with kidnapping (holding kid against his will), assault with a deadly weapon, and tossed in attempted murder for the ND.  

You know damn well if this exact cop went on a similar call, he would've pushed the homeowners shit in....

Double standard?  Yep.  Hope he does felony time for this, like every other good California citizen would in a similar situation!
Link Posted: 2/23/2017 1:52:02 PM EDT
[#33]
Link Posted: 2/23/2017 1:52:29 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:

I missed this in the video.  Is there another video that has this part?  Or are we going off say-so?
View Quote

are you surprised that video shot by the suspects doesn't show the entire thing?

Ive already explained what happened. If you want to keep repeating the trespassing false narrative, go ahead.
Link Posted: 2/23/2017 1:53:11 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:

View Quote

Boy how GD has fallen.

There was a time when criminals actions are condemned.  Here is this post you can see a poster clearly condemning the victim here that was trying to arrest a criminal.... instead of blaming the drive by shooting criminals actually committing the crimes and actually putting your lives at risk.

If you have a hot young female neighbor or a neighbor with the latest and greatest electronics, are you going to blame him/her too when they get invaded putting you at risk?
Link Posted: 2/23/2017 1:53:54 PM EDT
[#36]
Link Posted: 2/23/2017 1:54:23 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

From an article today.

"Two of the teens were arrested by Anaheim police, one for making criminal threats and battery, and the other for assault and battery."
Link Posted: 2/23/2017 1:55:08 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:
Does this mean if LAPD rolled up on a similar situation where a non LE homeowner physically detained a kid and had an ND, that they wouldn't have arrested the homeowner?

Yeah, I didn't think so.  Cop should've been arrested and charged with kidnapping (holding kid against his will), assault with a deadly weapon, and tossed in attempted murder for the ND.  

You know damn well if this exact cop went on a similar call, he would've pushed the homeowners shit in....

Double standard?  Yep.  Hope he does felony time for this, like every other good California citizen would in a similar situation!
View Quote

Isn't it early for DU to be on this forum?  I thought they usually crawled out at nights?
Link Posted: 2/23/2017 1:55:10 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:

are you surprised that video shot by the suspects doesn't show the entire thing?

Ive already explained what happened. If you want to keep repeating the trespassing false narrative, go ahead.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Besides that you can clearly hear the kid threatening to shoot the officer. Not sure how someone would miss that...
Link Posted: 2/23/2017 1:55:21 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

They probably didn't start recording until they realized it was turning into a situation.
Link Posted: 2/23/2017 1:56:15 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:

Besides that you can clearly hear the kid threatening to shoot the officer. Not sure how someone would miss that...
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

That's the part I'm saying I missed.  When did that happen?
Link Posted: 2/23/2017 1:59:02 PM EDT
[#42]
Tag, I'm in the next town over. I heard helicopters last night

Anaheim is not a nice city. Yes there is a downtown/Disney but its nickname is Anacrime. Right next to the town of Staba Ana
Link Posted: 2/23/2017 2:00:15 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:
View Quote

The kid is in the news today saying he said "sue" not "shoot".
Link Posted: 2/23/2017 2:01:39 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I heard them rehashing the who said what but don't see the part where the kid originally said whatever he said.
Link Posted: 2/23/2017 2:03:19 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:

View Quote

Hard to believe he was really in fear of being shot by a 14 year old when he was at first casually standing around, clutching the kid's arm with one hand (leaving the kid's other hand free) and clutching his backpack with the other.  That is not the action of someone who is reasonably in sustained fear for his own safety.
Link Posted: 2/23/2017 2:05:19 PM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Go to 2:42 in the "Alternate Angle" video a few posts up. 

I'll admit its actually not 100% clear what is being said, but it sounds like the kid threatened to shoot him, or they're arguing over something of that nature. 

And sorry if I came off like a dick before, stuff like this just pisses me off. 
Link Posted: 2/23/2017 2:06:23 PM EDT
[#47]
There's no doubt the guy fucked up and over reacted.  But let me tell you how I evaluate situations that turn into shit shows like this -

First, I look at the people who are where they're supposed to be, doing what they're supposed to be doing.  Basically people just trying to live their lives in peace and quiet.  I cut those people a generous amount of slack.

Then, I look at the people who are someplace that they're not supposed to be, doing shit they're not supposed to be doing.  Those people get zero fucking slack and absent any wild extenuating circumstances, are generally held to blame.

Obviously this is an on-going problem, caused solely by the kids.  The homeowner tried to get them to stop, and the kids decided to use force in numbers to intimidate, threaten, assault, etc., the homeowner.  So the homeowner reacted - probably over reacted - to the asshole kids causing the problem.  As far as I'm concerned, the kids are to blame.  And homeowner - even though he might be an asshole who went a little overboard - gets a pass.

When the dust clears, nobody got hurt, and the poor guy who just wanted to be left alone in peace gets his property damaged by the kids' and later by the kids friends, and now has to live with threats and future vandalism.  How is he the bad guy here?
Link Posted: 2/23/2017 2:06:46 PM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:

Hard to believe he was really in fear of being shot by a 14 year old when he was at first casually standing around, clutching the kid's arm with one hand (leaving the kid's other hand free) and clutching his backpack with the other.  That is not the action of someone who is reasonably in sustained fear for his own safety.
View Quote

I guess you missed this?

Link Posted: 2/23/2017 2:08:15 PM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

So if random Joe six pack is told by some guy "I'll shoot you" the police will immediately come and arrest the guy who said that to you in passing?  No physical contact occurred, just one asshole yelling to the other and walking away?

Yep, we already know the cops wouldn't even respond.  And if they did, they wouldn't arrest anyone..

It's the double standard that causes problems with Le and community perception.

Since it's a "supposed" off duty cop, now everything is an arrestable offense?

Or is it a "don't question my authority situation?"
Link Posted: 2/23/2017 2:09:01 PM EDT
[#50]
View Quote

No, I didn't.  But why did the cop grab Juan in the first place?
Page / 11
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top