Page / 3
Link Posted: 12/21/2016 9:51:44 PM EDT
[#1]
Ooooooooh, yeh-heh!
Link Posted: 12/21/2016 9:52:18 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
So he moves to the most liberal douchey town in CO?
View Quote

+1
Link Posted: 12/21/2016 9:52:48 PM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 12/21/2016 9:54:45 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
Cliff Notes?

I don't have 2 hours to sift through that.
View Quote

It was actually pretty good.  Get a podcast app and listen in your car or at work.
Link Posted: 12/21/2016 9:55:54 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

Someone didn't get their free music.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Fuck Metallica.

Someone didn't get their free music.

Why would I want to listen to their shitty music?
Link Posted: 12/21/2016 9:59:18 PM EDT
[#6]

Tough crowd here, especially for a possible member.
Link Posted: 12/21/2016 10:17:41 PM EDT
[#7]
That band has been dead to me for a long time now. This in the news,  Megadeth's new album is pretty damned good.
Link Posted: 12/21/2016 10:18:40 PM EDT
[#8]
Just because he hunts doesn't mean he's not a liberal. Some people read too much into people's hobbies.
Link Posted: 12/21/2016 10:19:39 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

+1
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

+1

I can clearly see there are people that have never been in Boulder
Link Posted: 12/21/2016 10:22:58 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

Not even close.

There are so many other, far more liberal douchey towns in CO, sadly.

It's because of all the fucking californians. They get sick of ca, move here, then try to make Colorado like ca. I'll be moving someday because of this.
View Quote

Lol, I guess thats after they left Colorado and fucked up California.
Link Posted: 12/21/2016 10:24:13 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
Just because he hunts doesn't mean he's not a liberal. Some people read too much into people's hobbies.
View Quote

"Hetfield says that after decades of living in Northern California, he grew tired of the negative reaction from locals who did not look kindly upon his political views and lifestyle choices.

Hetfield says that in the Bay Area, 'there was an elitist attitude there - that if you weren't their way politically, their way environmentally, all of that, that you were looked down upon.'"

doesn't say what his specific political views are, but that it's one of the big reasons he left CA
Link Posted: 12/21/2016 10:27:03 PM EDT
[#12]
Guess you idiots can't read. He says his wife if from there so it was a good fit. Also, he never sued anyone, it was Lars.
Link Posted: 12/21/2016 10:30:25 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

"Hetfield says that after decades of living in Northern California, he grew tired of the negative reaction from locals who did not look kindly upon his political views and lifestyle choices.

Hetfield says that in the Bay Area, 'there was an elitist attitude there - that if you weren't their way politically, their way environmentally, all of that, that you were looked down upon.'"

doesn't say what his specific political views are, but that it's one of the big reasons he left CA
View Quote

While most people living in Vail are liberal, 110% of them are rich as fuck and perfectly welcoming to others of their class.
Link Posted: 12/21/2016 10:30:55 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
he just wants to get pot without getting a medical pot card.
View Quote

It's legal in Cali now
Link Posted: 12/21/2016 10:33:02 PM EDT
[#15]
It's a great interview really.

Hetfield is into raising bees, apparently.  They spoke about beekeeping for at least 20 minutes.

They're talking about neck injuries, surgeries, physical therapy, etc.
Link Posted: 12/21/2016 10:33:35 PM EDT
[#16]
Oooooh I can't take it!
Link Posted: 12/21/2016 10:35:32 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

Never heard of the town, but it can't be as bad as the Bay Area. Certainly is much more rural and likely and easy drive to get away from it. Bay Area will take him hours to drive out of it.
View Quote

Just curious - how long did you live in the Bay Area?  And since you've never heard of Vail, CO how exactly are you determining that it's more rural than Mill Valley/Marin County?  I've been to both Vail & Mill Valley - neither is "rural".  About an hour north on 101 to Lake Sonoma and you can hunt hogs.  There is at least one ranch in Marin County that allows deer hunting - for a fee.

Link Posted: 12/21/2016 10:36:40 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

Not all of the elitist fuckwads in Vail are liberal.  So, it's sort of an improvement.
View Quote

Care to guess where Michael Savage lives/has lived?  Corte Madera - next door to Mill Valley.
Link Posted: 12/21/2016 10:44:18 PM EDT
[#19]
I by no means know jack shit about James, but I did have the opportunity to meet him after a concert here in SC in the early 90's. He hung out with about 15 fans (myself included) for nearly 2 hrs in the freezing cold just shooting the shit, mostly talking about hunting and shooting. He could be a total liberal tool now, IDK, not much into Metallica anymore, but then he was cool as fuck and it literially was no different than hanging out with one of you guys talking guns. I've met a few celebs and he really stood out. Hard to believe not an hour earlier he was up in front of thousands of screaming fans with dozens of bras and panties being tossed at him, but there he was asking me question like how the hunting in SC was, season dates, bag limits....

Go to 0:22

Link Posted: 12/21/2016 10:45:15 PM EDT
[#20]
He seems like a cool guy, at least he's not an outspoken liberal like a lot of other musicians.
Link Posted: 12/21/2016 10:48:01 PM EDT
[#21]
My favorite gun packing Rocker is without a doubt MJK though..

Link Posted: 12/21/2016 10:49:18 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Yup. I was going to ask if anyone knew what his screen name is.
Link Posted: 12/21/2016 10:52:11 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:

View Quote

Good point.

What internationally famous band are you in again?
Link Posted: 12/21/2016 10:54:05 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I never thought Northern CA started until one was north of Sacramento.
Link Posted: 12/21/2016 10:56:23 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
It's a great interview really.

Hetfield is into raising bees, apparently.  They spoke about beekeeping for at least 20 minutes.

They're talking about neck injuries, surgeries, physical therapy, etc.
View Quote

I'm really enjoying the interview also, I found the bee parts particularly interesting, because it was a little unexpected.

He seems like a cool guy, and the way he talks about his kids is awesome.  I loved the story about his daughter discovering that records have a B side.

Link Posted: 12/21/2016 10:59:39 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
View Quote

This.

My dad is a Vietnam vet and has 3 safes full of guns.... loves Obama.
Link Posted: 12/21/2016 11:02:50 PM EDT
[#27]
James seems to be reasonably cool for a celeb and while not Maynard pro gun he seems to be pro gun.....Hunting rifles and crap.

Link Posted: 12/21/2016 11:05:09 PM EDT
[#28]
While it's unclear if Hetfield still partakes in hunting, his love of guns apparently continues. In a 2013 interview with a magazine published in conjunction with the band's Orion Festival, he was asked about the gun control debate. "I love my guns. I love that my dad handed them down to me, and I'm taking care of them," he said. "To me, though, some of the gun laws definitely don’t make any sense, but also the Second Amendment is very important to me. Somewhere in the middle lies the truth. Both sides are operating on a fear base. As an NRA member, I don't think we need to be afraid that if we compromise on some things, [they] are going to change so much. I don’t want to make it easier for someone to have an assault weapon, but I also want to be able to protect my family."
Link Posted: 12/21/2016 11:05:32 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:
James seems to be reasonably cool for a celeb and while not Maynard pro gun he seems to be pro gun.....Hunting rifles and crap.
View Quote

I get the idea that he isn't big on promoting his personal political positions.  I'm probably wrong, but he doesn't seem to be outspoken about it one way or the other.
Link Posted: 12/21/2016 11:07:39 PM EDT
[#30]
I would have guessed Montana, he could be mayor of Billings in no time, then maybe Governor.
Link Posted: 12/21/2016 11:11:25 PM EDT
[#31]
Link Posted: 12/21/2016 11:13:57 PM EDT
[#32]
Link Posted: 12/21/2016 11:44:22 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:

View Quote

Oh no you diint!!'
Link Posted: 12/22/2016 10:43:10 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:
View Quote

Hetfield was asked in a 1993 Rolling Stone interview, if he considered himself to be a "libertarian":

"Don't Tread on Me" was quotes from military people back in the Revolutionary War. I didn't come up with too much of the shit on my own. It's about a flag, a snake and a symbol. There's nothing wrong with being proud of where you're from. There's some patriotism in there, yeah... I'm pretty conservative on a lot of things. This new tax thing doesn't make sense to me. I don't know what the goal is. The middle-class people really suffer for it.

Hetfield is also listed as one of about 20 identified "Republican Rock Stars," by the Arkansas Project. (Also compiled by NYC "Libertarian Punk" blogger Todd Seavey). The list includes: Alice Cooper, Ted Nugent, Skunk Baxter (of Steely Dan), Gene Simmons, Bob Segar, Kid Rock, Danny Elfman (Oingo Boingo), and Pete Dinazio of Smithereens. Notably, Hetfield in accepting the award singled out fellow Republican Rockers Ted Nugent and Gene Simmons as favorites of his for future induction into the Hall.

Link Posted: 12/22/2016 10:53:56 PM EDT
[#35]
He's a big boy he can make his own decisions.

I went to the Metallica concert in Minneapolis recently, it was a great experience and I'd go again if I get the opportunity. I'm not a huge fan but they know how to put on a show.
Link Posted: 12/22/2016 10:58:45 PM EDT
[#36]
Shoulda gone to Steamboat if he wants to escape libtards and go hunting.
Link Posted: 12/22/2016 11:02:36 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:
Do wut?  He didn't leave anywhere.
View Quote

This^^^^^ He just moved to California in the snow....
Link Posted: 12/22/2016 11:15:59 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:
Should have moved to Idaho.
View Quote

He'd fit in pretty well here. Caucuses generally conservative, people mind their own business & don't talk a lot of politics, major shooting & hunting culture. My neighbor actually knows him reasonable well from involvement in motor sports.
Link Posted: 12/22/2016 11:23:46 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:
View Quote

That's my thought. He is going to get more of the same there.
Link Posted: 12/22/2016 11:28:16 PM EDT
[#40]
Leaving the frying pan for the frying pan
Link Posted: 12/22/2016 11:53:49 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:
View Quote

To hell with the town... He's getting some 40 acres of land.
Link Posted: 12/22/2016 11:55:22 PM EDT
[#42]

Keenan came out as a Bernie supporter...
Link Posted: 12/22/2016 11:56:01 PM EDT
[#43]
ye   ah
Link Posted: 12/22/2016 11:58:04 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:

I don't want to move, but 3/4 of my neighbors in Monument are from Cali.
View Quote

Resistance is futile.  You will be liberal-ated.
Link Posted: 12/23/2016 12:15:11 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:

Just curious - how long did you live in the Bay Area?  And since you've never heard of Vail, CO how exactly are you determining that it's more rural than Mill Valley/Marin County?  I've been to both Vail & Mill Valley - neither is "rural".  About an hour north on 101 to Lake Sonoma and you can hunt hogs.  There is at least one ranch in Marin County that allows deer hunting - for a fee.
View Quote

You can hunt deer, elk, lion, bear, grouse, moose etc about 5 minutes outside of Vail.
Link Posted: 12/23/2016 12:17:39 PM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:

Resistance is futile.  You will be liberal-ated.
View Quote

I found out which one of my neighbors was ex-military when I OC'd around my property
Link Posted: 12/23/2016 12:21:17 PM EDT
[#47]
A friend of mine sold a crew cab Ford COE to Hetfield.  He drove it to him to deliver and Hetfield met him at the gate to take delivery.  He wouldn't allow the builder and car enthusiast on his property.  

Elitist, you say.......................
Link Posted: 12/23/2016 12:21:47 PM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:
...I don’t want to make it easier for someone to have an assault weapon...
View Quote

Interesting part of the quote.
These, "assault weapons" sure do get people concerned.

A.W.D.
Link Posted: 12/23/2016 12:22:28 PM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:
A friend of mine sold a crew cab Ford COE to Hetfield.  He drove it to him to deliver and Hetfield met him at the gate to take delivery.  He wouldn't allow the builder and car enthusiast on his property.  

View Quote

yet, most arfcom members would ventilate someone for stepping on their property.
Link Posted: 12/23/2016 12:24:07 PM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:

yet, most arfcom members would ventilate someone for stepping on their property.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Maybe stop wearing BLM shirts?  They really aren't bulletproof.  
Page / 3
Top Top