Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 3
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 12/23/2016 12:26:34 PM EDT
[#1]
Seems like a cool, regular Joe who just happens to be a kickass rocker millionaire in his worklife.
Link Posted: 12/23/2016 12:30:48 PM EDT
[#2]
Why would someone claiming to dislike elitists move to Vail?!  
Link Posted: 12/23/2016 12:31:23 PM EDT
[#3]
LOL Vail is the most elitist liberal shithole in CO, right up there with Boulder. It's just CA a few states over. Hilarious.
Link Posted: 12/23/2016 12:33:34 PM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Tired of elitists but moving to Vail?

Dividing by zero comes to mind
View Quote

Truth
Link Posted: 12/23/2016 12:36:18 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Cliff Notes?

I don't have 2 hours to sift through that.

I see what you did there..
Link Posted: 12/23/2016 12:37:00 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
LOL Vail is the most elitist liberal shithole in CO, right up there with Boulder. It's just CA a few states over. Hilarious.
View Quote

'Vails a shithole'  ...  lol.  Amazes me how some people can let some other people's politics complety ruin their entire outlook on things.

prob. one of the most beautiful cities in the U.S. and there's tons of conservative towns surrounding it like Minturn, Eagle, Leadville, Gypsum, Redcliff etc.
Link Posted: 12/23/2016 12:44:58 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

yet, most arfcom members would ventilate someone for stepping on their property.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
A friend of mine sold a crew cab Ford COE to Hetfield.  He drove it to him to deliver and Hetfield met him at the gate to take delivery.  He wouldn't allow the builder and car enthusiast on his property.  

Elitist, you say.......................

yet, most arfcom members would ventilate someone for stepping on their property.

Meh.  At least he got to meet the guy.  My dad sold an antique colt to Hank Jr., and had to go through some sort of agent.
Link Posted: 12/23/2016 12:49:24 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
Lol

Maybe he will push Lars off the Golden Gate Bridge before he moves
James and the other guys don't bother me as much as Lars, I can't stand that dipshit
View Quote

lars has great entertainment value. i enjoyed watching him cry, whine, and freak out in some kind of monster. he'd be great to have around. he'd constantly expose his buttons and i would push them. we'd fire up one of my old computers and i'd show him all the songs of his i had downloaded from napster. i'd get him all wound up and i'd watch that little bugger go.

Link Posted: 12/23/2016 12:52:50 PM EDT
[#9]
This is one of those threads where GD shows it's hate of those more successful than they, their inability take take anything other than at face value, and their never-ending hypocrisy.
Link Posted: 12/23/2016 1:26:43 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

Meh.  At least he got to meet the guy.  My dad sold an antique colt to Hank Jr., and had to go through some sort of agent.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
A friend of mine sold a crew cab Ford COE to Hetfield.  He drove it to him to deliver and Hetfield met him at the gate to take delivery.  He wouldn't allow the builder and car enthusiast on his property.  

Lame. I never was much of a Hank Jr. fan, but Hank Sr., hell, he'd a probably invited your pa in to tie off on the couch with him.
Link Posted: 12/23/2016 1:38:41 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

That is how most famous people work.
Some go so far as to state that any attempt at interaction with the client will result in removal from the property and termination of the contract if you are working on their home.
A couple of people in my industry that I have worked with over the years have been instructed by client's personal assistants that they are not to address, or look at the client. If the client enters the room you are to immediately leave and wait until they are granted permission by staff to re-enter the room.
I have had to sign NDAs and leave my phone in my truck at several jobsites.

On the flip side I have had some interactions with several pretty well known people, some of whom treated me like family. It is kind of surreal passing some very well known public figure in their hallway at 8:00am when they just rolled out of bed and saying "good morning famous person" and they respond with "morning Atomic_Ferret, wife make coffee yet and did she give you a cup?"

The world of dealing with famous people is a strange one, that is for sure. Funny thing is, most of my clients are not famous but could buy most celebrities with the money they have in their couch cushions. Most of those people are a pleasure to deal with in comparison to celebs.
Link Posted: 12/23/2016 1:43:11 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

Not even close.

There are so many other, far more liberal douchey towns in CO, sadly.

It's because of all the fucking californians. They get sick of ca, move here, then try to make Colorado like ca. I'll be moving someday because of this.
View Quote

Yep.  He could have moved to Boulder, or Aspen.
Link Posted: 12/23/2016 1:48:34 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
He seems like a cool guy, at least he's not an outspoken liberal like a lot of other musicians.
View Quote

He is.

I spent a good 20 minutes or so talking to him back stage where I was working on standby. Really down to Earth and if you didn't know who he was you'd never guess he was rock superstar like some of the other famous douche bags I met when I worked events at Scott Trade Center. Even brought me a cup of coffee from his dressing room when I commented on the burnt pond scum they had set out for us. I really don't get the hate here at all. While we didn't talk politics or anything like that the guy has never come out in support of any liberal bullshit and usually hints around about being a little more right leaning than not but overall he generally just keeps his mouth shut about politics.

Also the pot comments are kind of funny since he sobered up back in the late 90's as has remained so ever since.
Link Posted: 12/23/2016 1:52:03 PM EDT
[#14]
I welcome him to the state, he is a short drive to hunting, fishing and getting out of the liberal commune.
Page / 3
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top