User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 39
Link Posted: 12/5/2016 4:06:01 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

How do you post tweets?  

I see the little bird icon, but I still can't figure it out.
View Quote

Link Posted: 12/5/2016 4:06:35 PM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 12/5/2016 4:08:08 PM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 12/5/2016 4:08:24 PM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 12/5/2016 4:09:34 PM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 12/5/2016 4:11:25 PM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 12/5/2016 4:22:46 PM EDT
[#7]
Layout looks better and is much more intuitive.

I'm still getting constant crashes when loading pages or scrolling with Safari on iPad.
Link Posted: 12/5/2016 4:51:05 PM EDT
[#8]
I got a mention and it took me to the wrong place. The link in the modal took me to the page they quoted me from, not the page I was mentioned on.
Link Posted: 12/5/2016 4:52:52 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
I got a mention and it took me to the wrong place. The link in the modal took me to the page they quoted me from, not the page I was mentioned on.
View Quote

Same here.
Link Posted: 12/5/2016 5:01:34 PM EDT
[#10]
Where is the icon that lets you copy a direct link to a specific post?

I could have sworn it was there after the new format went live, but now I don't see it.
Link Posted: 12/5/2016 5:02:18 PM EDT
[#11]
I go to My Topics tab and select the forum in which to see my topics but it doesn't show any topics I've created.
Link Posted: 12/5/2016 5:05:06 PM EDT
[#12]
When I go to "My Topics" and select general, it changes the URL to
http://www.ar15.com/forums/myTopics.html?a=1&searchToolBoard=1
but the drop down reverts to "AR-15".

The OP of threads is not highlighted in any particular way even though I have it enabled in my settings.

Definitely like the reworked spacing.
Link Posted: 12/5/2016 5:21:42 PM EDT
[#13]
I'm still not getting email notifications telling me there have been replies to any of my subscribed threads....

I'm using Google Chrome if that helps anything.
Link Posted: 12/5/2016 5:30:30 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
How do you post tweets?  

View Quote

@Hunter-Killer
1)

2)

3)

4) Paste link from step 2

Link Posted: 12/5/2016 5:44:51 PM EDT
[#15]
Link Posted: 12/5/2016 5:58:21 PM EDT
[#16]
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
How do you post tweets?  

@Hunter-Killer
1)
http://i.imgur.com/c6j7EoI.jpg

2)
http://i.imgur.com/evnyGbR.jpg

3)
http://i.imgur.com/2pAfdZR.jpg

4) Paste link from step 2

http://i.imgur.com/3sma3m0.jpg

I was trying that, but it still wasn't working.  I figured out what was wrong was in the "preview" it wasn't showing up so I thought it wouldn't show up in my post.

Just one more reason the new "preview" feature sucks.
Link Posted: 12/5/2016 6:00:33 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
I'm still not getting email notifications telling me there have been replies to any of my subscribed threads....

I'm using Google Chrome if that helps anything.
View Quote

OK this is odd...it's working now and I'm getting notifications....
Link Posted: 12/5/2016 6:01:25 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

I was trying that, but it still wasn't working.  I figured out what was wrong was in the "preview" it wasn't showing up so I thought it wouldn't show up in my post.

Just one more reason the new "preview" feature sucks.
View Quote

Ahh
Link Posted: 12/5/2016 6:02:45 PM EDT
[#19]
Link Posted: 12/5/2016 6:03:53 PM EDT
[#20]
Link Posted: 12/5/2016 6:05:36 PM EDT
[#21]
Maybe it's been mentioned, but the thing I miss most is the little arrow that you could click on the old website to take you to the latest post in the thread.  Now, at least on mobile,  I have to click the last page of the thread and scroll to the bottom everytime.

Otherwise, I quite like the new site.
Link Posted: 12/5/2016 6:06:06 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:

Just fixed it!

EMAIL NOTIFICATIONS ARE NOW FIXED AND BACK TO WORKING!!!!

Update will be ready later tonight. It's another big one.
View Quote

Thanks GB....Didnt seem like anyone else was affected by that....and I hate being a special snowflake.
Link Posted: 12/5/2016 6:08:59 PM EDT
[#23]
Should the word "firearm" be linked in this topic to MidwayUSA?  I thought it was only if people put in actual product links?
Link Posted: 12/5/2016 6:20:58 PM EDT
[#24]
I know it used to be that people on your ignore list couldn't IM you. Not sure if that's still true, but is there a way to block Mentions as well?
Link Posted: 12/5/2016 6:22:58 PM EDT
[#25]
I've been away for a long weekend and had no access to phone/internet/computers,etc (no I wasn't in jail LOL).  Looks better now but I still don't see reply counts on my tablet.  On my phone using desktop view it shows up fine.  It's also very jittery using the tablet.  Sorry I don't have time to read the whole thread.  Has this been covered?
Link Posted: 12/5/2016 6:47:10 PM EDT
[#26]
In case it hasen't been mentioned yet -

In the IM window, if you click on the user who sends you an IM, it tries to send you to

http://www.ar15.com/member/user.html?user=22779

What it should be sending you to is

http://www.ar15.com/member/user.html?id=22779
Link Posted: 12/5/2016 6:49:39 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:

Just fixed it!

View Quote
Thank you again Brother  !!

Link Posted: 12/5/2016 6:52:53 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
Let's see if I can make it work.

ETA: Nope.
View Quote

@elcope
if it hasn't already been addressed, I'm pretty sure there's no scripting support in sig lines. One of the Ashley twins back in the day got cute and @Goatboy disabled it.
Link Posted: 12/5/2016 7:11:04 PM EDT
[#29]
Not sure if this has been mentioned but when you go to active topics it goes to ar15 and when you try to change it it won't work. I use to like to keep track of my GD posts to see if comments have been made.
Link Posted: 12/5/2016 7:13:52 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:
Layout looks better and is much more intuitive.

I'm still getting constant crashes when loading pages or scrolling with Safari on iPad.
View Quote

This problem seems to be getting worse. I never had the issue on the old site and don't have it on any other sites. Any ideas what could be causing this?
Link Posted: 12/5/2016 7:16:20 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:
Will there be support for tapatalk? It gives a quick run down for several forums in the same environment.
View Quote

@shooter_gregg
tapatalk is a shell for php boards. This board is a custom website and definitely not php.
Link Posted: 12/5/2016 7:21:21 PM EDT
[#32]
Thanks Goatboy, for all the hard work that you have put in.   I'm liking it better.  Still miss my "Ignore" button!!!
Link Posted: 12/5/2016 7:25:51 PM EDT
[#33]
I know I am not currently a contributor. But can you guys please have a classic view?
Link Posted: 12/5/2016 7:30:02 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:

It's never worked the way you describe, it always puts you are the last post on the last page you were on. So if it was the first post on page2, but the thread is 4 pages long, it will return you to page 2, but the last post on page 2 that was there when you read it. If you want to return to that exact spot, set a bookmark and then you can jump into the thread exactly at that spot.

View Quote

It always took me back to the last post that I had read.  It is not now, one of the things I dislike.
Link Posted: 12/5/2016 7:31:25 PM EDT
[#35]
Ignore is hidden under the user info button. 
Link Posted: 12/5/2016 7:32:25 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:

View Quote

Are you putting changes up on the beta site first? I just noticed that the thread topic view is MUCH improved on mobile (awesome idea - would love to see the authors displayed that way in Subscriptions as well). I went and checked the regular site (I browse using the beta site 99% of the time) and I saw that the change was live there as well. 

Was it on the beta site first? Are changes still being pushed to the beta site before being made to the live site? 
Link Posted: 12/5/2016 7:36:05 PM EDT
[#37]
may have been addressed in the previous 14 pages.....and it's a small thing:

when reading the main page of a forum and scrolling all the way to the bottom, there used to be a site map button at the bottom, on the left which would redirect to the top of the same page, reloaded.....that button is still at the top, but not the bottom of the page...

it's a small inconvenience to scroll back up to the top to click that button.

i know, i know, F5, or click the refresh page button on browser, but my cursor is already at the bottom of the screen and ready to click the non-existent button

eta: and after submitting that, the damn button came back  or  

eta2: nope....that button is there on some pages, but not the main General Discussion page...nor the main AR Basics page....
Link Posted: 12/5/2016 7:40:03 PM EDT
[#38]
edit - had posted this, went and debugged for a bit, finally reset system and now works
still don't know what happened, but was able to log in now

could not log in under firefox 48.02. type stuff in, hit submit, nothing. - no add ons on that browser
had to go to a firefox version 20 to log in.
thing is, I posted off the version 48 browser this morning, so I don' t know what is going on
View Quote
Link Posted: 12/5/2016 7:41:57 PM EDT
[#39]
Will the site ever be as fast loading as the old one? Getting choppy and slow scrolling still. Avatars are still stacked above user info box creating alot of unnecessary space when in horizontal view.

Using a galaxy s4 mobile site in horizontal mode.
Link Posted: 12/5/2016 7:49:11 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:
Will the site ever be as fast loading as the old one? Getting choppy and slow scrolling still. Avatars are still stacked above user info box creating alot of unnecessary space when in horizontal view.

Using a galaxy s4 mobile site in horizontal mode.
View Quote

On my tablet and laptop the new site is as fast or faster then the old site after the first day the new site was up..
Link Posted: 12/5/2016 7:49:47 PM EDT
[#41]
Any update on these spacing and alignment issues?

Android 6.0 with Chrome browser.

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 12/5/2016 7:56:31 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:

Get the latest version of FF and see if it continues. It should not do that and isn't doing it for me on ffox. I'll look at it though, it's on the list.
View Quote

My version of FF was ESR.  Once i upgraded, the problem went away.  Thank you.
Link Posted: 12/5/2016 7:57:22 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:

On my tablet and laptop the new site is as fast or faster then the old site after the first day the new site was up..
View Quote

That's odd. It's still slow loading and clunky for me. 
Link Posted: 12/5/2016 8:01:15 PM EDT
[#44]
Link Posted: 12/5/2016 8:07:17 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:

Just fixed it!

View Quote

Not working for me yet.

Specifically the EE subforums.
Link Posted: 12/5/2016 8:07:32 PM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:

It's never worked the way you describe, it always puts you are the last post on the last page you were on. So if it was the first post on page2, but the thread is 4 pages long, it will return you to page 2, but the last post on page 2 that was there when you read it. If you want to return to that exact spot, set a bookmark and then you can jump into the thread exactly at that spot.

View Quote

Ha ha! I've always wondered how the hell that worked.  I assumed you somehow tracked how far down the page we read.  Your way makes a lot more sense from a programming perspective!
Link Posted: 12/5/2016 8:10:13 PM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:
Ignore is hidden under the user info button. 
View Quote

I was goofing off!!
Link Posted: 12/5/2016 8:11:25 PM EDT
[#48]
Might want to tell him what your screen resolution is, too (or at least the make and model of the phone). That will help him in troubleshooting. 

My iPhone 6S+ (iOS 10.1.1) using Safari doesn't do that with the author names, but it does incorrectly word wrap longer thread titles by breaking in the middle of a word. 1920x1080 resolution, in my case. 
Link Posted: 12/5/2016 8:12:10 PM EDT
[#49]
I would like EE Feedback to be clearly visible again.
Link Posted: 12/5/2016 8:17:31 PM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:
When I go to "My Topics" and select general, it changes the URL to
http://www.ar15.com/forums/myTopics.html?a=1&searchToolBoard=1
but the drop down reverts to "AR-15".

The OP of threads is not highlighted in any particular way even though I have it enabled in my settings.

Definitely like the reworked spacing.
View Quote

Myself and a couple other people have bought this up a couple times already and I have yet to see it address.
Page / 39
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top