Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 8
Link Posted: 9/27/2016 11:00:19 AM EDT
[#1]
Quoted:
DANVILLE, VA (WSET/CNN) - Shakeva Frazier said she didn’t think twice when she saw police with their car hoods up. It wasn’t until she saw a post on Facebook that led her to believe that police were blocking their dash cams.

“That camera is the backup that’s been letting us know, nationwide, what’s been going on for a long time,” Frazier said. “Those cameras are giving us a lot of information that we need.”

Danville Police Lt. Mike Wallace said officers were told to raise their hoods when their cars are idling for long periods. They started doing it during a heat wave in late August.

“The engine didn’t overheat, it just got so hot that some of the parts had melted,” Wallace said. “Well, we’ve got to take the car off line when that happens, to get it fixed.”

“So, we want to dispel this type of information that’s come from outside of our area. We want our citizens to know what the truth is.”

http://www.wbrc.com/story/33255863/police-dept-dispels-rumors-about-raised-patrol-car-hoods-in-va

People are stupid.
View Quote

Screen name of idiot?
Link Posted: 9/27/2016 11:01:33 AM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

We do it all the time here.

We just pop the hood to let the heat out.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Weird, we where never told to raise the hoods on our ambulances, despite the fact that sat idling in 120 degree heat for 8-10 hours some days, never saw a patrol car with its hood up either. VA not spring for the hot weather package on their rigs?

Same here.

Cut the car off for an hour on the side of the road working a scene/wreck, come back to find your batter dead and your MDC melted.

Link Posted: 9/27/2016 11:02:35 AM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
DANVILLE, VA (WSET/CNN) - Shakeva Frazier said she didn’t think twice when she saw police with their car hoods up. It wasn’t until she saw a post on Facebook that led her to believe that police were blocking their dash cams.

"That camera is the backup that’s been letting us know, nationwide, what’s been going on for a long time,” Frazier said. "Those cameras are giving us a lot of information that we need.”

Danville Police Lt. Mike Wallace said officers were told to raise their hoods when their cars are idling for long periods. They started doing it during a heat wave in late August.

"The engine didn’t overheat, it just got so hot that some of the parts had melted,” Wallace said. "Well, we’ve got to take the car off line when that happens, to get it fixed.”

"So, we want to dispel this type of information that’s come from outside of our area. We want our citizens to know what the truth is.”

http://www.wbrc.com/story/33255863/police-dept-dispels-rumors-about-raised-patrol-car-hoods-in-va

People are stupid.

This is extremely normal. Its been done for all my 10yrs and is a known "thing" in the south.
Link Posted: 9/27/2016 11:02:48 AM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
They should switch to ACDelco batteries, they aren't any better but they warranty about a pallet every couple months from us.

PD batteries seem to last about year on average, some cars worse, depends if the officer is willing to be inconvenienced long enough to get it to us for a draw test.

Either way taken at their word the last month or so tends to have the cars not restarting after a half hour or so off.
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

It sure will, just stop at any maint facility/or battery shop that does electrical on leo vehicles and ask em. The place we use does the Sheriffs dept vehicles and they will not warranty or pro-rate batteries for them.

They should switch to ACDelco batteries, they aren't any better but they warranty about a pallet every couple months from us.

PD batteries seem to last about year on average, some cars worse, depends if the officer is willing to be inconvenienced long enough to get it to us for a draw test.

Either way taken at their word the last month or so tends to have the cars not restarting after a half hour or so off.
What are the biggest phantom draws when car is just sitting turned off ?

Link Posted: 9/27/2016 11:03:54 AM EDT
[#5]
"Hoods up.  Don't film"
Link Posted: 9/27/2016 11:05:28 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

It's not usually when driving, it's when they're going to be stopped for a while.  I've seen it in the Atlanta area for police vehicles parked while officers direct traffic, or when they're doing crowd control at a public event (particularly K-9 units that have to keep the A/C running).

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
I've been driving for 20 years, I have never once seen a cop car with it's hood up.

It's not usually when driving, it's when they're going to be stopped for a while.  I've seen it in the Atlanta area for police vehicles parked while officers direct traffic, or when they're doing crowd control at a public event (particularly K-9 units that have to keep the A/C running).

We keep the AC at full blast regardless for most of the summer. Hoods are popped. Try parking a car in the sun for two hours running while you sweat your balls off and then get in a car with no AC going.
Link Posted: 9/27/2016 11:07:29 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
It sure will, just stop at any maint facility/or battery shop that does electrical on leo vehicles and ask em. The place we use does the Sheriffs dept vehicles and they will not warranty or pro-rate batteries for them.

Cameras and computers. The computers must remain on here due to the convoluted cellular connection then VPN and login train. I mean you can turn it off but you won't have any dispatch connectivity for call info other than the radio until you can go through the login bs again. The cameras are DVR systems that connect to an AP at 5.8 GHz so they must remain on for up to an hour when parked at the station to transmit the video to the server.
Link Posted: 9/27/2016 11:08:59 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
TURN THE ENGINE OFF, the car won't overheat and they save gas, wow who would have though it. Yep I know there will be excuses but that is all they are.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

“That camera is the backup that’s been letting us know, nationwide, what’s been going on for a long time,” Frazier said. “Those cameras are giving us a lot of information that we need.”

“The engine didn’t overheat, it just got so hot that some of the parts had melted,” Wallace said. “Well, we’ve got to take the car off line when that happens, to get it fixed.”

“So, we want to dispel this type of information that’s come from outside of our area. We want our citizens to know what the truth is.”

People are stupid.
TURN THE ENGINE OFF, the car won't overheat and they save gas, wow who would have though it. Yep I know there will be excuses but that is all they are.

Yeah. Everytime they get to a scene they should log off CAD, log off vpn, turn off the computer. Kill the camera. Turn the lights off. Turn off the radio. Then turn off the car.
Edit. Forgot to turn off the hotspot for internet
Link Posted: 9/27/2016 11:10:20 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
Cameras and computers. The computers must remain on here due to the convoluted cellular connection then VPN and login train. I mean you can turn it off but you won't have any dispatch connectivity for call info other than the radio until you can go through the login bs again. The cameras are DVR systems that connect to an AP at 5.8 GHz so they must remain on for up to an hour when parked at the station to transmit the video to the server.
View Quote

Why you guys don't have shore power when you are at the station is beyond me.
Link Posted: 9/27/2016 11:11:03 AM EDT
[#10]
Back in the day, one used to see the radar gun stuck somewhere under the open hood of the police or state patrol looking for speeders.

The idea being the information could be radioed ahead to pull the speeder over, and the open hood somewhat disguised the car as police by the casual observer.

I doubt there would be many if any schenannigans that could be achieved with a hood blocking a dash cam.

Goblins be stupid, yo.
Link Posted: 9/27/2016 11:12:09 AM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:
Police cruisers typically have upgraded cooling systems for the engine, oil, and transmission so tge car can be used in high speed chases and long idle times.

I dont buy their bullshit excuse for a second.  They will find another way to cover the dash cameras.
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Weird, we where never told to raise the hoods on our ambulances, despite the fact that sat idling in 120 degree heat for 8-10 hours some days, never saw a patrol car with its hood up either. VA not spring for the hot weather package on their rigs?

Police cruisers typically have upgraded cooling systems for the engine, oil, and transmission so tge car can be used in high speed chases and long idle times.

I dont buy their bullshit excuse for a second.  They will find another way to cover the dash cameras.
Just park pointing away from the action.

Link Posted: 9/27/2016 11:13:39 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
They put the hoods up when idling to keep the engine cool?  WTF kind of retarded nonsense is that?
View Quote

Go let your car idle all day and get back to us with the results. I'd put money that NO ONE on here regardless of there views would.

Link Posted: 9/27/2016 11:13:40 AM EDT
[#13]
Link Posted: 9/27/2016 11:13:42 AM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Excuse my ignorance, but is that just a 12volt port where an auxillary power supply is plugged into ?

Link Posted: 9/27/2016 11:14:06 AM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I agree. It seems like a no brain issue.
Link Posted: 9/27/2016 11:15:29 AM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
So both patrol cars engines melted at the same time while they had someone pulled over? How convenient.
View Quote

They didn't have someone pulled over. They were on the scene of a vehicle that had been shot up.
Link Posted: 9/27/2016 11:15:39 AM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

$$
Link Posted: 9/27/2016 11:16:30 AM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
Excuse my ignorance, but is that just a 12volt port where an auxillary power supply is plugged into ?  
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Fire trucks are plugged into 110v when they are at the station to keep batteries charged (and other stuff).  The term comes from ships that get power from the docks when they aren't at sea rather than running their own engines.
Link Posted: 9/27/2016 11:17:23 AM EDT
[#19]
Link Posted: 9/27/2016 11:21:15 AM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

$$
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

$$

If you have to run the car for an hour at a time to download files then it seems like false economy to burn gas as well as add wear and tear in order to avoid a minor one-time expense.
Link Posted: 9/27/2016 11:25:07 AM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

If you have to run the car for an hour at a time to download files then it seems like false economy to burn gas as well as add wear and tear in order to avoid a minor one-time expense.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

$$

Have you ever worked for the government?
Link Posted: 9/27/2016 11:25:27 AM EDT
[#22]

Quoted:

If my computer does not stay cool it takes it forever to get it backup to running speed.

View Quote
Are the on board electronics, driven by an inverter system or are they 12volt specific electronics ?

Link Posted: 9/27/2016 11:25:45 AM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:

If my computer does not stay cool it takes it forever to get it backup to running speed.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Same here.

Cut the car off for an hour on the side of the road working a scene/wreck, come back to find your batter dead and your MDC melted.

I got back in the car one day and half the screen on my MDC was black because my AC had cut out. I don't know much about computers, but fortunately after I got the car moving and the AC started blowing cold air and not hot, it started working again. Thought I was headed for a write up...

The impalas we have are bad about the AC cutting out and just blowing hot air when idling. Popping the hood helps with this.
Link Posted: 9/27/2016 11:27:28 AM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
They put the hoods up when idling to keep the engine cool?  WTF kind of retarded nonsense is that?
View Quote

Ummm... you do know that many engines run hotter when idling because there is no air flowing around it, right?

If my '66 Sunbeam Tiger idles for too long in traffic it will overheat, as soon as you get it moving, no matter how hard your drive it, it stays cool.
Link Posted: 9/27/2016 11:29:26 AM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:

Ummm... you do know that many engines run hotter when idling because there is no air flowing around it, right?

If my '66 Sunbeam Tiger idles for too long in traffic it will overheat, as soon as you get it moving, no matter how hard your drive it, it stays cool.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Even in my diesel if I pop the hood while idling a while, the a/c gets cooler.
Link Posted: 9/27/2016 11:30:02 AM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

$$

Once or twice.  My leadership usually likes savings money if you can show a realistic business case behind the change.
Link Posted: 9/27/2016 11:31:46 AM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
I've never seen it anywhere I have lived.

(IN, PA, CT, NJ.)
View Quote

I'm a cop... in Pa... and I have seen it countless times in my dept done for the same reason that has been mentioned...oh... we don't have any dash cams either that would be obstructed by the hood. Almost EVERY K9 does it... or if you're going to be stationary for a while in the heat.

I never do it simply because if I'm sitting in my car I want to see what's coming. People have been having fun walking up to cops and shooting them in their cars lately... don't need my field of view obstructed.
Link Posted: 9/27/2016 11:32:45 AM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:

I saw this post going around on Facebook, so I saw the pictures attached to it, the hoods are fully raised in the pictures in the post, I dunno if those are exceptions or what.

Shouldn't the dash cam be on at all times when there is an interaction with a citizen?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Despite the fact that the raising of hoods was not a dastardly conspiracy to rape and murder with impunity...

If the hoods obscure the use of the dashcam then raising the hoods is not an acceptable option, imo. The cameras are there, ostensibly, for both citizen and officer, they are meant to film the interaction, tax money was spent to create that program and it makes no sense to waste that money and that function.

Most dash cameras are mounted in the upper part of the windshield. So unless they have the hoods all the way up (which I doubt) they are not blocking dash cams.

Also I bet most in a situation where they are idling the vehicles for long periods of time the dash cams are not on.

I saw this post going around on Facebook, so I saw the pictures attached to it, the hoods are fully raised in the pictures in the post, I dunno if those are exceptions or what.

Shouldn't the dash cam be on at all times when there is an interaction with a citizen?

We don't turn the cam on for all interactions.
Link Posted: 9/27/2016 11:33:18 AM EDT
[#29]

Quoted:

Despite the fact that the raising of hoods was not a dastardly conspiracy to rape and murder with impunity...

If the hoods obscure the use of the dashcam then raising the hoods is not an acceptable option, imo. The cameras are there, ostensibly, for both citizen and officer, they are meant to film the interaction, tax money was spent to create that program and it makes no sense to waste that money and that function.
View Quote

So it's better to run the car til it melts and spend a fuckload more money to repair them....when this very slight preventative measure can keep from having to do that?

Link Posted: 9/27/2016 11:36:04 AM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:

Its been a pretty standard practice here in AZ for my entire lifetime and I'm no kid.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

"That camera is the backup that’s been letting us know, nationwide, what’s been going on for a long time,” Frazier said. "Those cameras are giving us a lot of information that we need.”

"The engine didn’t overheat, it just got so hot that some of the parts had melted,” Wallace said. "Well, we’ve got to take the car off line when that happens, to get it fixed.”

"So, we want to dispel this type of information that’s come from outside of our area. We want our citizens to know what the truth is.”

People are stupid.

Its been a pretty standard practice here in AZ for my entire lifetime and I'm no kid.

Same here, long before in-car cameras existed.
Link Posted: 9/27/2016 11:37:35 AM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:

So it's better to run the car til it melts and spend a fuckload more money to repair them....when this very slight preventative measure can keep from having to do that?

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Popping the hood is free.
Link Posted: 9/27/2016 11:41:01 AM EDT
[#32]
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Popping the hood is free.
http://www.hoodlouvers.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/08/Police-Car-with-Hood-Propped-Open.jpg

I do honestly wonder what the manufacturer's recommendations are on the matter.
Link Posted: 9/27/2016 11:42:06 AM EDT
[#33]
Heh.

Never seen it here, however, the cops wrap the block heater cords around the camera's and leave the plug dangling in front of the lens.

True story.
Link Posted: 9/27/2016 11:45:22 AM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:
Interesting internet copy past, regarding k9 vehicles.

Police Fleet Magazine said recently that an hour of idle is equivalent to 30 miles of drive time on the motor.

Ford also recently commented on the raised hood issue. Ford said that raising the hood does dissipate heat BUT it defeats the cooling design of the car and breaks the vacuum that draws air across the radiator to cool the motor. They suggested leaving the hood down and pointed to Las Vegas PD who puts a set of louvers in the hood of each K9 car to help with heat build-up.

View Quote

I was expecting this.  Kind of like the guys that remove or lower their tailgate for better fuel efficiency.  Nope.
Link Posted: 9/27/2016 11:46:25 AM EDT
[#35]

Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

That's actually a very good idea.  I'm sure it's not done because of money, or the lack of it.  

I can think of a million things to bitch about with policing in the United States these days, but popping the hood during extended idling isn't one of them.  Taking off without latching your hood back and then accelerating to high speeds, now that's another topic entirely.  

Link Posted: 9/27/2016 11:46:42 AM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

As far as the cam goes, even if the cam is not recording images in most cases it will be audio. The hood up practice around here is usually only seen when the cruiser has been parked or will be parked for some time. Think manually workkng a red light or traffic detail. No way is any LEO going to whip in on a felony stop and pop his hood before anything else. If he is that concerned he could always angle his car facing away from where he anticipates a confrontation to be. Trust me, as many people out there telling straight up lies about LEO conduct ("he aint got no gun he got a book! It's reading rainbow YO"), it would behoove most cops to have a camera rolling.
Link Posted: 9/27/2016 11:50:46 AM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Camera and its drive are pretty minor when "off" and should shut down if voltage drops too low, though with a marginal battery that can be too late. We are however phasing out most dashcams for body cams, I think this is a bad move, not sure if there is any drive in the car for the new cams or not, all our video uploads to a cloud type storage, has for a few years.

Biggest that shows during draw tests is stuck relays, not uncommon to find multiple both OEM and from the installer.

Improperly installed AIM and AVL systems can keep the PCM/ECM from shutting down which is a pretty major draw.

Light and siren system sometimes have issues too. Not terribly uncommon to see a dimly lit light or two in the bar of a parked car at night, LED so low draw but every little bit matters, not positive the cause PD thinks we're too dumb to hook up lights and sirens, so we don't work on them.

Often the most significant draws aren't phantom, there'll be one or two flashlight chargers, cell charger, GPS, and laptop all charging, all the time.
Link Posted: 9/27/2016 11:52:44 AM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:

I really thought most folks had seen or known of this practice. That is why I made the comment about stupid people.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
This thread is  

I really thought most folks had seen or known of this practice. That is why I made the comment about stupid people.

I've honestly never seen it and this is the first I've heard of it, but it damn sure doesn't make any sense as a tactic to avoid the dash cam filming.

The two vehicles I saw this past year on the side of the interstate with their hoods smashed against the windshield both suggest that the hood probably needs to go back down before the officers do anything but sit there.
Link Posted: 9/27/2016 11:57:53 AM EDT
[#39]

Quoted:
I posted a pic of the placement of a dash camera. The popping of hood in the practice that I know of would not obscure the camera view.

If the practice was to raise the hood all the way up then I would assume based on my knowledge the camera would not be running anyway.

The standard use of the camera is to record traffic stops not run during events like directing traffic or sitting on a roadside construction site.

ie...I worked an off duty traffic detail the other day. I didn't turn my camera on for this event.

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

I'm not sure what you keep going on with the obscure the camera thing.

If I'm on a scene where my hood is popped more than likely the camera is not going to be on.  Also the video record time is all based on whatever system was bought at the given time and quality of the video.

As with many things as time goes on and technology improves so does the cameras and recording time. The system in my cruiser is 7 years old and pieced together from three other camera systems. So what was originally 4 complete systems when new is now one system because over time they broke.

Sounds like to me you don't know what actually goes in the world of cops and camera systems.

I think I've been pretty clear that I don't understand why police cameras would be obscured.

I am confused as to what purpose a camera which only records a few hours of a shift really serves.

I am confused as to why it should be ok for cameras to be obscured.

I am confused as to why my and everybody else's money gets spent on programs that don't have any positive result.
I don't think I've seen you suggest that obscuring cameras should be acceptable. So I'm not really sure what point it is that you want to impress upon me at this point. That police cameras are only obscured when they are off? Ok, that's reasonable. But that means the conversation shouldn't be about open hoods, it should be about the fact that cameras are useless feel-good actions that waste money and possibly have other negative results.

I posted a pic of the placement of a dash camera. The popping of hood in the practice that I know of would not obscure the camera view.

If the practice was to raise the hood all the way up then I would assume based on my knowledge the camera would not be running anyway.

The standard use of the camera is to record traffic stops not run during events like directing traffic or sitting on a roadside construction site.

ie...I worked an off duty traffic detail the other day. I didn't turn my camera on for this event.

Shame on you for wasting the taxpayer dollars that paid for that camera, the taxpayers deserve six hours of footage of your car sitting in one spot while traffic whizzes past.

Link Posted: 9/27/2016 11:59:59 AM EDT
[#40]
orange county sheriffs in florida have been doing this for years
Link Posted: 9/27/2016 12:00:05 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:

I was expecting this.  Kind of like the guys that remove or lower their tailgate for better fuel efficiency.  Nope.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Police Fleet Magazine said recently that an hour of idle is equivalent to 30 miles of drive time on the motor.

Ford also recently commented on the raised hood issue. Ford said that raising the hood does dissipate heat BUT it defeats the cooling design of the car and breaks the vacuum that draws air across the radiator to cool the motor. They suggested leaving the hood down and pointed to Las Vegas PD who puts a set of louvers in the hood of each K9 car to help with heat build-up.

How would it take flow away from the radiator when the fans are mounted directly to it?
Link Posted: 9/27/2016 12:01:57 PM EDT
[#42]
Link Posted: 9/27/2016 12:02:59 PM EDT
[#43]
Link Posted: 9/27/2016 12:04:18 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:
I've never seen it anywhere I have lived.

(IN, PA, CT, NJ.)
View Quote

Yeah, living in the NE is sooooo hot right?  Come down to Texas and see how many police cars with hoods up during the summer and report back to me.  Some of you posters don't  know crap about what you are talking about and just shows your naivety.
Link Posted: 9/27/2016 12:04:23 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:
Computer and printer goes through an inverter. Everything else goes to the 12 volt system.
View Quote

Really?  What do you use for a computer if you don't mind?
Link Posted: 9/27/2016 12:04:37 PM EDT
[#46]

Quoted:
How would it take flow away from the radiator when the fans are mounted directly to it?
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

I'm gonna take a guess.
With hood down, it would suck air(pull) harder thru the grill/radiator.

With hood up it lets the fan draw from other areas and not suck as hard thru radiator.

Link Posted: 9/27/2016 12:06:57 PM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:
I'm gonna take a guess. With hood down, it would suck air(pull) harder thru the grill/radiator.
With hood up it lets the fan draw from other areas and not suck as hard thru radiator.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

I'm gonna take a guess. With hood down, it would suck air(pull) harder thru the grill/radiator.

Doubt it.
Link Posted: 9/27/2016 12:07:36 PM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:
Heh.

Never seen it here, however, the cops wrap the block heater cords around the camera's and leave the plug dangling in front of the lens.

True story.
View Quote

Do what? The cameras are inside. That doesn't make sense unless I'm missing obvious sarcasm.
Link Posted: 9/27/2016 12:09:29 PM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:

Do what? The cameras are inside. That doesn't make sense unless I'm missing obvious sarcasm.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Heh.

True story.

I was confused on that too.  Never seen a block heater plug that was in the cabin.
Link Posted: 9/27/2016 12:12:39 PM EDT
[#50]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

http://www.performancetrucks.net/forums/attachments/gm-engine-exhaust-performance-21/52658d1277242107-electric-fans-98-c1500-efans.jpg

Doubt it.
I'm not really sure, only way to tell would be with some sort of draw test, smoke bomb maybe ?

HVAC guys use em for attic draw tests.

It is interesting though, and I have the same a/c result as you with my truck, big ass gas engine.

Page / 8
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top