Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 4
Posted: 9/21/2016 11:56:23 PM EDT
I want to know what you guys think about constitutionality vs law and what exactly could happen after Martial Law is declared.

I have only been around since 91, but from the looks of it none of you seems to have seen the country in a worse condition than now.
Link Posted: 9/22/2016 12:02:47 AM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 9/22/2016 12:03:07 AM EDT
[#2]
Doesn't make a shit. Organization and more manpower, they can do WTF they want.
Link Posted: 9/22/2016 12:03:36 AM EDT
[#3]
I'm pretty sure in NC the declaration of martial law takes away the right to carry weapons open or concealed according to there state laws.

Could have been changed but seems like I remember this from a hurricane or something.

In KY we passed a law that says martial law doesn't suspend your constitutional rights but if you read further in the law it goes on to talk about something about federal funding having influence somehow.
Link Posted: 9/22/2016 12:07:32 AM EDT
[#4]
They don't have anywhere near the manpower to enforce it outside of urban areas and maybe a hot spot or two anyway.
Link Posted: 9/22/2016 12:08:49 AM EDT
[#5]
Sate and locals are the ones you have to worry about first.
Link Posted: 9/22/2016 12:09:44 AM EDT
[#6]
I guess you don't know anything about world history.
Link Posted: 9/22/2016 12:12:16 AM EDT
[#7]
Martial Law means that the military is telling you how it is...at gunpoint.

You have two choices. You can start shooting or you can do what you're told.

Link Posted: 9/22/2016 12:13:15 AM EDT
[#8]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
You're one bad hurricane away from finding out.
View Quote

OP didn't learn from Katrina?

Link Posted: 9/22/2016 12:14:11 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
They don't have anywhere near the manpower to enforce it outside of urban areas and maybe a hot spot or two anyway.
View Quote

This is true also. Doing it in a densely populated area is different than securing a large rural area. If the powers that be take an interest on you as an individual, they can still do whatever and say "take it to the court". I hope that you have eleventymillion dollars to dispute them legally. Having the ability to replace the shit they snatch with serviceable weapons is a better immediate solution.
Link Posted: 9/22/2016 12:15:13 AM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:
This is true also. Doing it in a densely populated area is different than securing a large rural area. If the powers that be take an interest on you as an individual, they can still do whatever and say "take it to the court". I hope that you have eleventymillion dollars to dispute them legally. Having the ability to replace the shit they snatch with serviceable weapons is a better immediate solution.

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

There are other options too.
Link Posted: 9/22/2016 12:20:19 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Yes there are. The owners of the site would rather they not be explored here.
Link Posted: 9/22/2016 12:32:11 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

View Quote

Yep.  I'm law and order kind of guy.....so as long as it constitutional...I'm ok with it....if not....then the later.

Missouri is a good state to be in when the SHTF.

http://www.moga.mo.gov/mostatutes/stathtml/04400001011.html?&me=firearms

Section 44.101.1
44.105?

August 28, 2015

Firearms and ammunition, state of emergency, no restrictions permitted.

44.101. The state, any political subdivision, or any person shall not prohibit or restrict the lawful possession, transfer, sale, transportation, storage, display, or use of firearms or ammunition during an emergency.
Link Posted: 9/22/2016 12:34:50 AM EDT
[#13]
Does Martial Law give the feds the right to disarm?
View Quote

Not around here it doesn't.
Link Posted: 9/22/2016 12:36:18 AM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Bloody Kansas
Link Posted: 9/22/2016 12:37:11 AM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
View Quote

And they couldn't sustain it for very long either.
Link Posted: 9/22/2016 12:38:29 AM EDT
[#16]

You live in a post-Constitutional America.

Prepare accordingly.

Link Posted: 9/22/2016 12:39:22 AM EDT
[#17]
They already do things they don't have the right to do.

Link Posted: 9/22/2016 12:39:30 AM EDT
[#18]
Concealed means concealed?

Link Posted: 9/22/2016 12:41:31 AM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:
I guess you don't know anything about world history.

This is your answer ^^
Link Posted: 9/22/2016 12:43:12 AM EDT
[#20]
Oregon Revised Statutes:

§ 401.198
Seizure of firearms during emergency
(1) As used in this section, unit of government means any department or agency of the federal government and any public body as defined by ORS 174.109 (Public body defined).
(2) Notwithstanding ORS 401.165 (Declaration of state of emergency) to 401.236 (Rules), a unit of government may not seize a firearm from an individual who lawfully possesses the firearm during a state of emergency declared under ORS 401.165 (Declaration of state of emergency).
(3) If a unit of government seizes a firearm from an individual during a state of emergency in violation of this section, the individual may recover from the unit of government that seized the firearm all costs incurred in the recovery of the firearm, including attorney fees, court costs and any other costs incurred in the recovery of the firearm. [Formerly 401.039]
Link Posted: 9/22/2016 12:45:28 AM EDT
[#21]

Quoted:

Yep.  I'm law and order kind of guy.....so as long as it constitutional...I'm ok with it....if not....then the later.

Section 44.101.1

44.105?

August 28, 2015

44.101. The state, any political subdivision, or any person shall not prohibit or restrict the lawful possession, transfer, sale, transportation, storage, display, or use of firearms or ammunition during an emergency.

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Section 44.101.1

44.105?

August 28, 2015

I don't think you're going to get anywhere citing statutes.
Link Posted: 9/22/2016 12:53:35 AM EDT
[#22]
Those in power will do as they see fit, because they have the power, and Constitutionality be damned. Refuse at your own peril. Do you really think that the Constitution will protect you from their will? The Constitution may allow you to sue them after the fact, but only if you survive.

ETA: The last few posts before this one nailed it. Especially the image directly above.
Link Posted: 9/22/2016 1:06:49 AM EDT
[#23]
This is Alaska's law....

AS 26.23.205. Confiscation of Firearms.

(a) A person convicted of official misconduct under AS 11.56.850, or interference with constitutional rights under AS 11.76.110, as a result of confiscating, attempting to confiscate, or ordering the confiscation of a firearm, under color of law, during a disaster emergency,
(1) forfeits any appointed government position and, if under the jurisdiction of the Alaska Police Standards Council, is subject to revocation of the person's police certification;
(2) is subject to impeachment under art. II, sec. 20, Constitution of the State of Alaska; or
(3) is subject to having the person's elected municipal office declared vacant under AS 29.20.170 or 29.20.280.
(b) This section does not apply if the person is acting as a private citizen who has been directed to confiscate a firearm by another whom the person reasonably believes to be a peace officer or active member of the armed forces or militia.
(c) A conviction described in (a) of this section is an offense involving a violation of the oath of office for purposes of AS 29.20.170 or 29.20.280.
Link Posted: 9/22/2016 1:27:44 AM EDT
[#24]
FPNI as usual.  

However I will note, "right to disarm" vs "successful execution" is quite a stretch where I come from.

PS ---> Seems there's a lot in my prior sentence...
Link Posted: 9/22/2016 1:36:03 AM EDT
[#25]

Quoted:

This is Alaska's law....

(a) A person convicted of official misconduct under AS 11.56.850, or interference with constitutional rights under AS 11.76.110, as a result of confiscating, attempting to confiscate, or ordering the confiscation of a firearm, under color of law, during a disaster emergency,

(1) forfeits any appointed government position and, if under the jurisdiction of the Alaska Police Standards Council, is subject to revocation of the person's police certification;

(2) is subject to impeachment under art. II, sec. 20, Constitution of the State of Alaska; or

(3) is subject to having the person's elected municipal office declared vacant under AS 29.20.170 or 29.20.280.

(b) This section does not apply if the person is acting as a private citizen who has been directed to confiscate a firearm by another whom the person reasonably believes to be a peace officer or active member of the armed forces or militia.

(c) A conviction described in (a) of this section is an offense involving a violation of the oath of office for purposes of AS 29.20.170 or 29.20.280.
View Quote

Do you understand what Martial Law is?

Martial Law is the military pointing a gun at you and telling you what the law is. Martial Law is might makes right. Martial Law is whatever the CO and the troops willing to follow his order says the law is. Martial Law isn't law books and statues. Martial Law is do what the soldiers tell you before they fucking shoot your ass.
Link Posted: 9/22/2016 1:41:48 AM EDT
[#26]
To be armed is a God-given right, not a man-given right, so yes you always have the right. When someone denies you that right, they are in the wrong.
Link Posted: 9/22/2016 1:44:09 AM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:

Martial Law is the military pointing a gun at you and telling you what the law is. Martial Law is might makes right. Martial Law is whatever the CO and the troops willing to follow his order says the law is. Martial Law isn't law books and statues. Martial Law is do what the soldiers tell you before they fucking shoot your ass.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
This is Alaska's law....

Yeah,I understand what it is..I just posted the laws..Idoubt our state Goverment would let them disarm us in the first place..
Link Posted: 9/22/2016 1:44:16 AM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
View Quote

Or a flood.

Link Posted: 9/22/2016 1:55:37 AM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:
I want to know what you guys think about constitutionality vs law and what exactly could happen after Martial Law is declared.

I have only been around since 91, but from the looks of it none of you seems to have seen the country in a worse condition than now.
View Quote

There is no provision for martial law in the constitution. Martial law is illegal. The suspension of the constitution suspends the source of power for a lawful government. As far as I'm concerned it's a free for all. COC prevents from saying anything more.
Link Posted: 9/22/2016 2:06:46 AM EDT
[#30]
Who exactly is going to disarm us?

Military? No.

Locals? Good luck with that.

Before they get to that step they will be busy trying to stave off the masses.
Ain't gonna happen.
Link Posted: 9/22/2016 2:23:53 AM EDT
[#31]
"Shall not be infringed" is plain & unambiguous language.
What you do with that is up to you.
Link Posted: 9/22/2016 2:28:15 AM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:

View Quote

if you have been there since 91 how dont you know the answer to your question?

Or are you saying you were born in 91 and cant remember what happened 11 years ago Google some shit or something...
Link Posted: 9/22/2016 2:46:49 AM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:
To be armed is a God-given right, not a man-given right, so yes you always have the right. When someone denies you that right, they are in the wrong.
View Quote

It is that simple. Any other answer is un-American.
Link Posted: 9/22/2016 3:23:40 AM EDT
[#34]

It will always come down to your county sheriff and what extent he is willing to go to defend your liberty.  He can deputize the whole damn county if he wants, ain't no body gonna mess with dat.  Or, he can give them your address and what time you will be home from work.  Know your county Sheriff and be sure his heart is in right place.......
Link Posted: 9/22/2016 3:53:51 AM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:
Sate and locals are the ones you have to worry about first.
View Quote

That's why it's great living out away from the major urban areas.  I know good chunk of the city, county, state guys in my area.  As long as I have brats on the grill and beer in the cooler I'm good to go.
Link Posted: 9/22/2016 4:13:27 AM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Keep in mind that the ranks of soldiers-  and  cops-turned-thugs will grow substantially with the members of their auxiliary groups like police cadets, Sheriff’s Posse, National Guard, etc., that will act like hall monitors, to radio in reports of disobedient citizens for immediate action.

When you get a huge group of police/military guys together, is isn’t uncommon for them to adopt a bully mindset.    They suddenly have tremendous power and know you are powerless.   Saw that in the military, and just recently during  a huge forest fire.  

The smart-ass cops wouldn’t do a thing to help you, would prevent you from trying to save your home/livelihood, and cheerfully stated they would arrest you for “obstruction” if you didn’t obey their every command.   The Guard members were given police radios to report errant citizens.    They didn’t do squat to stop the looters though.

</a>" />

</a>" />

</a>" />

</a>" />

This was pretty tame compared to Katrina…

forest fire fiasco

Link Posted: 9/22/2016 4:16:29 AM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:

View Quote

That's a good way to make me a bad person.

Link Posted: 9/22/2016 4:30:39 AM EDT
[#38]
The Feds have the right to disarm themselves.
Link Posted: 9/22/2016 4:31:34 AM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:

http://youtu.be/-taU9d26wT4
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

http://youtu.be/-taU9d26wT4

That's one of the most disturbing videos I've seen in my entire life
Link Posted: 9/22/2016 4:42:29 AM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:
Who exactly is going to disarm us?

Military? No.

Locals? Good luck with that.

Before they get to that step they will be busy trying to stave off the masses.

Ain't gonna happen.
View Quote

Well,

In my recent experience, it was the State Police that were running rampant.   I'm sure if they saw someone with a gun they'd disarm him and arrest him for any number of vague charges.    They had enough guys in the field that as soon as someone reported a disturbance, a swarm of cops would arrive, eager to get a little stick/taser time.  See my above photo.

When the Governor declared a mandatory evacuation area, around 40 square miles, the Guard guys went to each property and reported anyone they saw.   The State police arrived to immediately escort ranchers off their properties.

Are you gonna tell a Trooper, wearing body armor and carrying an AR, pistol, radio, etc., and who just reported your presence to dispatch, that you aren't leaving just yet?   Cause if you do, he is gonna remove you by force.   And if you're wearing a pistol, chances of getting shot are excellent.   In today's society, I don't think most cops have any real fear of being prosecuted for any crime they commit except in very rare instances.

Link Posted: 9/22/2016 4:51:58 AM EDT
[#41]
Martial Law does not give "rights" to government.

Thousands of well armed military and police, on the other hand, can effectively suspend the rights of the population in a small area.
Link Posted: 9/22/2016 4:58:07 AM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

It is what it is.
Link Posted: 9/22/2016 11:30:02 AM EDT
[#43]
There are lots of state laws that prohibit confiscation of arms during states of emergency/disasters. However, the essence of martial law is the closure of the courts and suspension of Habeas Corpus. Therefore under ML the authorities can seize anything including your person and you have no place to seek redress except in whatever drumhead proceeding the authorities establish - if any. Your choices are to submit or to resist by evasion or force of arms.
Link Posted: 9/22/2016 11:32:31 AM EDT
[#44]
The Feds don't have rights, people have rights.

It may give them an excuse, but nothing more.
Link Posted: 9/22/2016 11:41:37 AM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:

Keep in mind that the ranks of soldiers-  and  cops-turned-thugs will grow substantially with the members of their auxiliary groups like police cadets, Sheriff’s Posse, National Guard, etc., that will act like hall monitors, to radio in reports of disobedient citizens for immediate action.

When you get a huge group of police/military guys together, is isn’t uncommon for them to adopt a bully mindset.    They suddenly have tremendous power and know you are powerless.   Saw that in the military, and just recently during  a huge forest fire.  

The smart-ass cops wouldn’t do a thing to help you, would prevent you from trying to save your home/livelihood, and cheerfully stated they would arrest you for “obstruction” if you didn’t obey their every command.   The Guard members were given police radios to report errant citizens.    They didn’t do squat to stop the looters though.

http://<a href=http://i129.photobucket.com/albums/p201/glerbbb/DSC07251_zpseyu7jtq8.jpg</a>" />

http://<a href=http://i129.photobucket.com/albums/p201/glerbbb/DSC06875_zpsy5s1bgie.jpg</a>" />

http://<a href=http://i129.photobucket.com/albums/p201/glerbbb/DSC07100_zpsjbk8qwv2.jpg</a>" />

http://<a href=http://i129.photobucket.com/albums/p201/glerbbb/DSC07171_zpse0qpi7aq.jpg</a>" />

forest fire fiasco

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

http://<a href=http://i129.photobucket.com/albums/p201/glerbbb/DSC07251_zpseyu7jtq8.jpg</a>" />

http://<a href=http://i129.photobucket.com/albums/p201/glerbbb/DSC06875_zpsy5s1bgie.jpg</a>" />

http://<a href=http://i129.photobucket.com/albums/p201/glerbbb/DSC07100_zpsjbk8qwv2.jpg</a>" />

http://<a href=http://i129.photobucket.com/albums/p201/glerbbb/DSC07171_zpse0qpi7aq.jpg</a>" />

forest fire fiasco

In a real martial law scenario, they have protocols to disarm cops after a period of time because they live among the populous and it's believed they may become sympathetic to a resistance movement. I heard a former general quote 28-30 days.
Link Posted: 9/22/2016 11:42:48 AM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:

View Quote

Don't quit your day job, that internet law expert thing isn't going to work out.
Link Posted: 9/22/2016 11:45:10 AM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:

View Quote

Pretty much
Link Posted: 9/22/2016 11:47:27 AM EDT
[#48]
The right?
Link Posted: 9/22/2016 11:47:35 AM EDT
[#49]

I would say the feds can disarm themselves in the event of Martial Law, I'm ok with that.
Link Posted: 9/22/2016 11:50:33 AM EDT
[#50]
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 4
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top