Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 4
Link Posted: 9/22/2016 11:52:10 AM EDT
[#1]
It's a suspension of your rights. It's a claim to having a right to ignore civil law to restore and maintain order.
Link Posted: 9/22/2016 12:04:03 PM EDT
[#2]
Constitutionality, and the rule of law are set aside whenever the ruling class deems it necessary to achieve their goals. When citizens were disarmed in NOLA it wasn't "legal", but it happened anyway.

I wouldn't count on LE or the military to defy orders calling for disarming the people.

As the Reverend Johnson said in Blazing Saddles, "Son, you're on your own."
Link Posted: 9/22/2016 12:05:53 PM EDT
[#3]
This is the test of a fundamental American.  I will respect Martial Law in the streets, but if you think you are disarming my home....you are no different than the Gestapo.
Link Posted: 9/22/2016 12:07:39 PM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I guess you don't know anything about world history.
View Quote

Rite?

Hitler
Ceasar.
Napoleon.

Lincoln.
Wilson.
FDR.
Link Posted: 9/22/2016 12:14:32 PM EDT
[#5]
Under martial law you have no rights.  What the government/military says go.
Link Posted: 9/22/2016 12:31:13 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:

Do you understand what Martial Law is?

Martial Law is the military pointing a gun at you and telling you what the law is. Martial Law is might makes right. Martial Law is whatever the CO and the troops willing to follow his order says the law is. Martial Law isn't law books and statues. Martial Law is do what the soldiers tell you before they fucking shoot your ass.

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

This is Alaska's law....
AS 26.23.205. Confiscation of Firearms.

(a) A person convicted of official misconduct under AS 11.56.850, or interference with constitutional rights under AS 11.76.110, as a result of confiscating, attempting to confiscate, or ordering the confiscation of a firearm, under color of law, during a disaster emergency,

(1) forfeits any appointed government position and, if under the jurisdiction of the Alaska Police Standards Council, is subject to revocation of the person's police certification;

(2) is subject to impeachment under art. II, sec. 20, Constitution of the State of Alaska; or

(3) is subject to having the person's elected municipal office declared vacant under AS 29.20.170 or 29.20.280.

(b) This section does not apply if the person is acting as a private citizen who has been directed to confiscate a firearm by another whom the person reasonably believes to be a peace officer or active member of the armed forces or militia.

(c) A conviction described in (a) of this section is an offense involving a violation of the oath of office for purposes of AS 29.20.170 or 29.20.280.

Martial Law is the military pointing a gun at you and telling you what the law is. Martial Law is might makes right. Martial Law is whatever the CO and the troops willing to follow his order says the law is. Martial Law isn't law books and statues. Martial Law is do what the soldiers tell you before they fucking shoot your ass.

Martial law is when the IED's and booby traps come out and military gets the shit shot out of them.

Link Posted: 9/22/2016 12:36:00 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

You live in a post-Constitutional America.

Prepare accordingly.

View Quote

This means a lawless democracy where power is projected at gunpoint.....for those who went to public school in the past 30 years.
Link Posted: 9/22/2016 12:57:13 PM EDT
[#8]
I swear J.L Bournes book "Tomorrow War", seems extremely plausible. Martial law is a dangerous thing. The government wants to be the only helping hand. It thrives off people needing it. People who can fend for themselves and survive and own firearms would eventually be labeled as terrorists, or insurgents if the state of the country got bad enough.
Link Posted: 9/22/2016 1:14:08 PM EDT
[#9]
Rumor is, that hippies really like marshall law.
Link Posted: 9/22/2016 1:30:15 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
Doesn't make a shit. Organization and more manpower, they can do WTF they want.
View Quote

This. When a dozen LEO show up and your door and want to take your guns........being constitutional or not doesn't really matter at that point.
Link Posted: 9/22/2016 1:40:33 PM EDT
[#11]
Martial law can only be enforced by the entity with the biggest stick.

It is law by implied force.  

If a big powerful government declares martial law, has the ability to enact it and carry it out, and the cajones to weather the storm, they will do so and win.
Link Posted: 9/22/2016 1:55:43 PM EDT
[#12]
NEVADA NRS

NRS 414.155 Limitations on emergency powers relating to firearms. Pursuant to Amendment II of the Constitution of the United States and Section 11 of Article 1 of the Constitution of the State of Nevada, and notwithstanding any other provision of law, the emergency powers conferred upon the Governor and upon the executive heads or governing bodies of the political subdivisions of this State must not be construed to allow:
1. The confiscation of a firearm from a person unless the person is:
(a) In unlawful possession of the firearm; or
(b) Unlawfully carrying the firearm; or

2. The imposition of additional restrictions as to the lawful possession, transfer, sale, carrying, storage, display or use of:
(a) Firearms;
(b) Ammunition; or
(c) Components of firearms or ammunition.

(Added to NRS by 2007, 358)

Link Posted: 9/22/2016 1:57:36 PM EDT
[#13]

The biggest problems seem to come from outside agencies that come into an area to "help".

They either bring their own laws with them or just figure its not my state, let the locals clean up the mess.

Link Posted: 9/22/2016 2:18:54 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

This is true also. Doing it in a densely populated area is different than securing a large rural area. If the powers that be take an interest on you as an individual, they can still do whatever and say "take it to the court". I hope that you have eleventymillion dollars to dispute them legally. Having the ability to replace the shit they snatch with serviceable weapons is a better immediate solution.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
They don't have anywhere near the manpower to enforce it outside of urban areas and maybe a hot spot or two anyway.

This is true also. Doing it in a densely populated area is different than securing a large rural area. If the powers that be take an interest on you as an individual, they can still do whatever and say "take it to the court". I hope that you have eleventymillion dollars to dispute them legally. Having the ability to replace the shit they snatch with serviceable weapons is a better immediate solution.

And that's why "If it's time to bury them it's time to use them" is bullshit.  
Yesterday was the day to bury them.
Plan A might be "Die in a hail of gunfire as the first resister" but if you mess that up "Go dig up my backup guns" is a better Plan B than "Sit there with your dick in your hand after watching the police take everything."
Link Posted: 9/22/2016 2:20:40 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
Martial law is when the IED's and booby traps come out and military gets the shit shot out of them.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
This is Alaska's law....

AS 26.23.205. Confiscation of Firearms.

(a) A person convicted of official misconduct under AS 11.56.850, or interference with constitutional rights under AS 11.76.110, as a result of confiscating, attempting to confiscate, or ordering the confiscation of a firearm, under color of law, during a disaster emergency,
(1) forfeits any appointed government position and, if under the jurisdiction of the Alaska Police Standards Council, is subject to revocation of the person's police certification;
(2) is subject to impeachment under art. II, sec. 20, Constitution of the State of Alaska; or
(3) is subject to having the person's elected municipal office declared vacant under AS 29.20.170 or 29.20.280.
(b) This section does not apply if the person is acting as a private citizen who has been directed to confiscate a firearm by another whom the person reasonably believes to be a peace officer or active member of the armed forces or militia.
(c) A conviction described in (a) of this section is an offense involving a violation of the oath of office for purposes of AS 29.20.170 or 29.20.280.

Then you learn what scorched earth is about when the hellfires, A10s and AC130s crank up.
Link Posted: 9/22/2016 2:28:13 PM EDT
[#16]
It all depends on if those tasked with the disarming are willing to comply with the orders, and of course the outcome of the inevitable civil war it would start.

The victors write the history books.
Link Posted: 9/22/2016 2:28:53 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

OP didn't learn from Katrina?

http://youtu.be/-taU9d26wT4
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
You're one bad hurricane away from finding out.

Completely fucked up.  At least some got them back, but had to pay dearly, I'm sure.
Link Posted: 9/22/2016 2:32:52 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

Yes there are. The owners of the site would rather they not be explored here.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
They don't have anywhere near the manpower to enforce it outside of urban areas and maybe a hot spot or two anyway.

There are other options too.

What? A well organized armed insurgency? Talking about things that have happened in the past and possible COAs that some may choose to take in the future is not against the COC.
Link Posted: 9/22/2016 2:41:30 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

Completely fucked up.  At least some got them back, but had to pay dearly, I'm sure.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
You're one bad hurricane away from finding out.

I was there with my unit for 5 weeks. We didn't disarm anybody. We actually ran into people that stayed through the storm. Brought them MREs and checked up on them daily. There was one time where some of our guys were doing over watch in a commercial area that was being looted. A guy walked up on them about 0200 in the morning and when our guys challenged him he pulled a gun. He dropped it when he saw 12 M4s pointed at him and ran off.

Other than that we had a good relationship with the locals and when we searched houses for survivors or more often than not, drowning victims, we didn't mess with their property.
Link Posted: 9/22/2016 2:52:29 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
I want to know what you guys think about constitutionality vs law and what exactly could happen after Martial Law is declared.

I have only been around since 91, but from the looks of it none of you seems to have seen the country in a worse condition than now.
View Quote

not at my house
Link Posted: 9/22/2016 3:14:12 PM EDT
[#21]
I found the NRA YouTube videos to be problematic for the Govt.  

An Emergency has been declared (it's not in a WAR situation).  Someone.......apparently gave the order to disarm Americans.  Beyond the 2A question(s)......

The Police/Military/Whomever takes your personal property (in this case, guns).  IMHO, they should at least issue a receipt to you.  You know.  So, you can get your stuff back, eventually.

But if no receipt was issued....how are you suppose to get your property back or the value of your seized property back?   Humm........without a receipt, how do you even begin to make a claim?   Who will listen?  YES, they (whomever it was) are no longer doing a lawful/law enforcement function if it's happening without a receipt.  Obviously, THAT is a problem going forward.

The lesson needs to be about accountability at this point.  Where are the investigations into wrongful conduct and where are the lawsuits?

Aloha, Mark

Link Posted: 9/22/2016 3:17:52 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
I want to know what you guys think about constitutionality vs law and what exactly could happen after Martial Law is declared.

I have only been around since 91, but from the looks of it none of you seems to have seen the country in a worse condition than now.
View Quote

You are as free as they allow you to believe you are. Nobody can take your guns while you are alive.
Link Posted: 9/22/2016 3:18:19 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:

I was there with my unit for 5 weeks. We didn't disarm anybody. We actually ran into people that stayed through the storm. Brought them MREs and checked up on them daily. There was one time where some of our guys were doing over watch in a commercial area that was being looted. A guy walked up on them about 0200 in the morning and when our guys challenged him he pulled a gun. He dropped it when he saw 12 M4s pointed at him and ran off.

Other than that we had a good relationship with the locals and when we searched houses for survivors or more often than not, drowning victims, we didn't mess with their property.
View Quote

Did you guys have bullets in your M-4s?  I know the Nasty Girls in Los Angeles during the King Riots didn't.
Link Posted: 9/22/2016 3:18:34 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
There are lots of state laws that prohibit confiscation of arms during states of emergency/disasters. However, the essence of martial law is the closure of the courts and suspension of Habeas Corpus. Therefore under ML the authorities can seize anything including your person and you have no place to seek redress except in whatever drumhead proceeding the authorities establish - if any. Your choices are to submit or to resist by evasion or force of arms.
View Quote

Yep.
Link Posted: 9/22/2016 3:19:14 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:

View Quote

Under martial law the constitution doesn't apply.
Link Posted: 9/22/2016 3:22:37 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:

Then you learn what scorched earth is about when the hellfires, A10s and AC130s crank up.
View Quote

If it is a widespread thing the A10 and A130 pilots would probably be focused on the safety of their family.
Link Posted: 9/22/2016 3:23:45 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:

It is that simple. Any other answer is un-American.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
To be armed is a God-given right, not a man-given right, so yes you always have the right. When someone denies you that right, they are in the wrong.

It is that simple. Any other answer is un-American.

i never got any guns from my church,,,where is god handing out those ar15 rifles?
Link Posted: 9/22/2016 3:28:14 PM EDT
[#28]
Does it make a difference what is constitutional or not?

Has the constitution previously stopped the U.S. Gov't or individual states from enacting erroneous laws in the past?

They selectively use the constitution to their advantage.
Link Posted: 9/22/2016 3:34:49 PM EDT
[#29]
What does the Constitution say?

Link Posted: 9/22/2016 3:37:26 PM EDT
[#30]
Why does it even matter? This gov't has been out of control with and w/o Hussein for years and years. They can pretty much do whatever they want with little or no interference.

Link Posted: 9/22/2016 3:37:41 PM EDT
[#31]

Quoted:

NEVADA NRS

NRS 414.155 Limitations on emergency powers relating to firearms. Pursuant to Amendment II of the Constitution of the United States and Section 11 of Article 1 of the Constitution of the State of Nevada, and notwithstanding any other provision of law, the emergency powers conferred upon the Governor and upon the executive heads or governing bodies of the political subdivisions of this State must not be construed to allow:

1. The confiscation of a firearm from a person unless the person is:

(a) In unlawful possession of the firearm; or

(b) Unlawfully carrying the firearm; or

2. The imposition of additional restrictions as to the lawful possession, transfer, sale, carrying, storage, display or use of:

(a) Firearms;

(b) Ammunition; or

(c) Components of firearms or ammunition.

(Added to NRS by 2007, 358)

View Quote

Thanks
Link Posted: 9/22/2016 3:39:52 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:
Rumor is, that hippies really like marshall law marshmallaw.
View Quote

Link Posted: 9/22/2016 3:46:10 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:

Did you guys have bullets in your M-4s?  I know the Nasty Girls in Los Angeles during the King Riots didn't.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Most, if not all of us, had at least 1 full mag.
Link Posted: 9/22/2016 3:48:03 PM EDT
[#34]
Link Posted: 9/22/2016 3:49:59 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:

View Quote

"The Privilege of the Writ of Habeas Corpus shall not be suspended, unless when in Cases of Rebellion or Invasion the public Safety may require it."
Link Posted: 9/22/2016 4:48:28 PM EDT
[#36]
According to wiki, it has not been used since the early 60's, when Alabama governor used it in response to civil rights affairs.
Link Posted: 9/22/2016 4:54:08 PM EDT
[#37]
Nope.  They won't be able to hold their own.
Link Posted: 9/22/2016 5:00:54 PM EDT
[#38]
It gives them the ability to try to disarm me. The
Link Posted: 9/22/2016 6:03:17 PM EDT
[#39]
Link Posted: 9/22/2016 6:14:59 PM EDT
[#40]

Quoted:

What happens when you're wearing plates and have a better AR?
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Who exactly is going to disarm us?

Military? No.

Locals? Good luck with that.

Before they get to that step they will be busy trying to stave off the masses.

Ain't gonna happen.

Well,

In my recent experience, it was the State Police that were running rampant.   I'm sure if they saw someone with a gun they'd disarm him and arrest him for any number of vague charges.    They had enough guys in the field that as soon as someone reported a disturbance, a swarm of cops would arrive, eager to get a little stick/taser time.  See my above photo.

When the Governor declared a mandatory evacuation area, around 40 square miles, the Guard guys went to each property and reported anyone they saw.   The State police arrived to immediately escort ranchers off their properties.

Are you gonna tell a Trooper, wearing body armor and carrying an AR, pistol, radio, etc., and who just reported your presence to dispatch, that you aren't leaving just yet?   Cause if you do, he is gonna remove you by force.   And if you're wearing a pistol, chances of getting shot are excellent.   In today's society, I don't think most cops have any real fear of being prosecuted for any crime they commit except in very rare instances.

What happens when you're wearing plates and have a better AR?
Shake hands and go to Arbys for a roast beef sandwich ?

Link Posted: 9/22/2016 7:00:41 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:

What? A well organized armed insurgency? Talking about things that have happened in the past and possible COAs that some may choose to take in the future is not against the COC.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

I would be interested in a COA other than shooting motherfuckers in the face. If the courts are no longer relevant and you curry the interest of dudes there to disarm you, I see the options at that point in time as pretty limited.

Link Posted: 9/22/2016 7:08:10 PM EDT
[#42]
Disarmament will always equal a deadly threat to me. Don't fuck around
Link Posted: 9/22/2016 7:12:46 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
<snip>

QFT, on both points.
Link Posted: 9/22/2016 7:23:14 PM EDT
[#44]
Link Posted: 9/22/2016 7:24:45 PM EDT
[#45]
Why would the government disarm?
Link Posted: 9/22/2016 7:27:36 PM EDT
[#46]
Link Posted: 9/22/2016 7:29:46 PM EDT
[#47]
Right? No. Excuse, yes.
Link Posted: 9/22/2016 7:41:31 PM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:

"The Privilege of the Writ of Habeas Corpus shall not be suspended, unless when in Cases of Rebellion or Invasion the public Safety may require it."
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

http://www.ar15.com/forums/t_1_5/1907451_.html
Link Posted: 9/22/2016 7:50:27 PM EDT
[#49]

I dont see how martial law could even be considered Constitutional.

Suspending the Constitution effectively dissolves the U.S government, because it exists because of the Constitution and the consent of the governed.  So if the feds declare marital law and suspends the Constitution, what law or entity do they adhere and are accountable to?
Link Posted: 9/22/2016 8:04:27 PM EDT
[#50]

Quoted:

I dont see how martial law could even be considered Constitutional.
Suspending the Constitution effectively dissolves the U.S government, because it exists because of the Constitution and the consent of the governed.  So if the feds declare marital law and suspends the Constitution, what law or entity do they adhere and are accountable to?
View Quote
A few snips from the internet.

There have been many instances of the use of the military within the borders of the United States, such as during the Whiskey Rebellion and in the South during the civil rights crises, but these acts are not tantamount to a declaration of martial law. The distinction must be made as clear as that between martial law and military justice: deployment of troops does not necessarily mean that the civil courts cannot function, and that is one of the keys, as the Supreme Court noted, to martial law.

The martial law concept in the United States is closely tied with the right of habeas corpus, which is in essence the right to a hearing on lawful imprisonment, or more broadly, the supervision of law enforcement by the judiciary. The ability to suspend habeas corpus is related to the imposition of martial law.[url=https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Martial_law#cite_note-24][24][/url] Article 1, Section 9 of theUS Constitution states, "The Privilege of the Writ of Habeas Corpus shall not be suspended, unless when in Cases of Rebellion or Invasion the public Safety may require it."

In United States law, martial law is limited by several court decisions that were handed down between the American Civil War and World War II. In 1878, Congresspassed the Posse Comitatus Act, which forbids military involvement in domestic law enforcement without congressional approval.

Page / 4
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top