Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 5
Link Posted: 8/24/2016 6:50:37 PM EDT
[#1]
Is everything about race now???????

This President has set this country back 50 or more years in more ways than one.
Link Posted: 8/24/2016 7:12:23 PM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 8/24/2016 7:22:41 PM EDT
[#3]

Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

They need more diversifying

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1omAsKaByxc

View Quote
FWIW, I posted this in good humor.

However, if anyone were to ever take shots at the people, more specifically the people whom show up in this attached video, I would have to engage you in what amounts to a "discrepancy".
Link Posted: 8/24/2016 7:23:13 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
handing out free selfie sticks.
View Quote

lol, This solves a LOT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Link Posted: 8/24/2016 7:27:55 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:

That change would be parents getting their children exposed to geography, physical science and natural history at an early age.

But that would require them seeing a book before gov't funded Pre-K.
It would require parents.
Link Posted: 8/24/2016 7:32:44 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
Now that you mention it, I do a lot of backpacking in the mountains.  I see lots of white folks, Asians, Eastern Europeans, Indians (dot), but very few blacks folks or Hispanics.

Why is that?
View Quote

I've seen lots of Hispanics in national Parks in CA but they seem to mostly stay in the campground or go to some of the closer trails. When you head out on long trails you encounter more Europeans.
Link Posted: 8/24/2016 7:34:07 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

I think the article enumerates a host of reasons why minority engagement is lower at these parks. It isn't suggesting anyone bus the ghetto to the national parks (although limited transportation is discussed as a factor) but locations that are suited for family outings and which cost little money are a great choice for (presumably, due to demographics) less wealthy minorities.

Family activities,  the outdoors, and a look at some of the awe inspiring sights in our country are something those demographics could use.

If national parks were advertised in a manner that could reach this untapped group better than how they are currently visible, at no additional cost, would that be a bad thing?

Provided that there is no damage done to the park outside of that normally incurred by its current clientele, of course.
View Quote

Usually these things end up being about hating on whitey.
Link Posted: 8/24/2016 7:35:38 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

This President has set this country back 50 or more years in more ways than one.
View Quote

As he intended to.

Anybody that actually believes that the left intends to unify this country is a fucking idiot.  It is all about division and polarity.
Link Posted: 8/24/2016 7:57:36 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

However, if anyone were to ever take shots at the people, more specifically the people whom show up in this attached video, I would have to engage you in what amounts to a "discrepancy".
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

" ......... people who show up ....."
Link Posted: 8/24/2016 8:24:58 PM EDT
[#10]

The "official" line is that the Park Service is looking at the changing demographics in this country.  Management is  trying to maneuver itself so that there will continue to be support for the protection of our wild lands and cultural resources.  "Urban" parks aka National Recreation Areas were an early manifestation of this idea.  

Beyond urban parks, the big push for NPS diversity started years and years ago and I've seen some decent ideas and some outright travesties.  I won't comment much more than that.

We had our first ever truly mandated Diversity training last week but I bailed the first chance I had - a white guy with a backcountry cardiac emergency.  

Link Posted: 8/24/2016 8:30:27 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

I've seen lots of Hispanics in national Parks in CA but they seem to mostly stay in the campground or go to some of the closer trails. When you head out on long trails you encounter more Europeans.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Now that you mention it, I do a lot of backpacking in the mountains.  I see lots of white folks, Asians, Eastern Europeans, Indians (dot), but very few blacks folks or Hispanics.

Why is that?

I was gonna say, no shortage of Hispanics in the parks around here.
They for sure do the family vacation in nature thing.

Link Posted: 8/24/2016 8:39:07 PM EDT
[#12]
they can do some of their community service there picking up the trash visitors throw on the ground
Link Posted: 8/24/2016 8:43:11 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
"The Lake District National Park even announced it would axe its free guided walks because they seemed to attract only white hikers,"

Same shit everywhere
View Quote

So, what was the question?
Link Posted: 8/24/2016 8:45:54 PM EDT
[#14]
The Grand Canyon isn't black enough?

Link Posted: 8/24/2016 8:46:53 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

The "official" line is that the Park Service is looking at the changing demographics in this country.  Management is  trying to maneuver itself so that there will continue to be support for the protection of our wild lands and cultural resources.  "Urban" parks aka National Recreation Areas were an early manifestation of this idea.  

Beyond urban parks, the big push for NPS diversity started years and years ago and I've seen some decent ideas and some outright travesties.  I won't comment much more than that.

We had our first ever truly mandated Diversity training last week but I bailed the first chance I had - a white guy with a backcountry cardiac emergency.  
View Quote

I'd love to get you some beers next time you're in TN and hit you up for some stories.
Link Posted: 8/24/2016 9:00:33 PM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Why is that?

Short fat people can't walk far?

Illiterate people can't read maps?

Thieves concerned about their stuff being stolen?

Come on, help me out here. There's got to be a reason.

Link Posted: 8/24/2016 9:08:35 PM EDT
[#17]
No streetlights, pavement, sidewalks, run down buildings, graffiti, constant noise, or gunshots, all in all nothing to make them feel "at home".
Link Posted: 8/24/2016 9:11:08 PM EDT
[#18]
I wonder if she knows that "diversity" can be found in the Grand Canyon by going west a little bit at the Havasupai Indian Reservation.
Link Posted: 8/24/2016 9:11:35 PM EDT
[#19]
Link Posted: 8/24/2016 9:12:26 PM EDT
[#20]
Why do they want to bring people that will just trash the place or cause problems?
Link Posted: 8/24/2016 9:15:48 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
I prefer it graffiti free.
View Quote

This, there's a reason that people come to see it. It's not covered by filth and graffiti like ghetto America. Tell miss do-gooder black woman that if she can fix her shithole neighborhood, I'll buy her bus ticket to the grand canyon.
Link Posted: 8/24/2016 9:16:20 PM EDT
[#22]
Not all people of color are ghetto trash.

In a former life as a park ranger it was one of the more obvious observations. Summers' are bustling with families and the rest left to newly weds and nearly dead. Lots of vandalism and distruction happened. Ghetto fuck heads have no bound to color.
Link Posted: 8/24/2016 9:18:40 PM EDT
[#23]
If only all these people who feel the need for diversity felt the same way about them needing to get a job.
Link Posted: 8/24/2016 9:21:06 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
View Quote

Yeah, and the "progressive" media emphasis on race is in itself incredibly racist. They're just too biased (or stupid) to realize it.

For example, in the past couple weeks, there was a black female swimmer who won a medal (and I can't recall exactly, maybe she set a record doing it).

Did the media bother to get to know this girl, so they could print a story that said "The first Olympic medalist from the city of Anytown, USA", or "She was afraid of water as a kid, now she's an Olympic medalist" or "The first medalist from the University of Wherever... her swimming coach Mr Dolphin must be super proud!" ???

No, it's "the first black female swimmer" blah blah blah.

As in, nothing else about this girl matters, other than the fact that she's black..

Maybe she came from a family of 10 siblings and had to work 3 part time jobs while finding the time to swim.

Maybe she's got three masters' degrees and likes to work with injured animals.

Maybe she's a devout follower of the Cult of Cthulhu and is working to bring the Dark Master into the world....

The "progressive" left doesn't care about any of that.  They just care that she's black.   They've reduced her to a check box on an EEO form.

Link Posted: 8/24/2016 9:23:33 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
You're 19 years old.

You don't tell anyone "what they need."

Shut the fuck up, get to work, and pull up your pants.
View Quote

preach it brother!
Link Posted: 8/24/2016 9:26:10 PM EDT
[#26]
Personally, I would love to see BLM types at the Grand Canyon Skywalk, the interaction between them and the Indian tribe would be worth at least a 30 minute live streaming video.  Oh and wait until they find out they can't take pictures with their own cameras, that will be great!  Whirlstar!  
Link Posted: 8/24/2016 9:34:57 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:

Yeah, and the "progressive" media emphasis on race is in itself incredibly racist. They're just too biased (or stupid) to realize it.

For example, in the past couple weeks, there was a black female swimmer who won a medal (and I can't recall exactly, maybe she set a record doing it).

Did the media bother to get to know this girl, so they could print a story that said "The first Olympic medalist from the city of Anytown, USA", or "She was afraid of water as a kid, now she's an Olympic medalist" or "The first medalist from the University of Wherever... her swimming coach Mr Dolphin must be super proud!" ???

As in, nothing else about this girl matters, other than the fact that she's black..

Maybe she came from a family of 10 siblings and had to work 3 part time jobs while finding the time to swim.

Maybe she's a devout follower of the Cult of Cthulhu and is working to bring the Dark Master into the world....

The "progressive" left doesn't care about any of that.  They just care that she's black.   They've reduced her to a check box on an EEO form.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

You left out the Flying Spaghetti Monster.
Link Posted: 8/24/2016 9:43:15 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:

Why id the location of these parks kept secret to certain communities?

I have a better idea. Spend tax money to get more disabled Vets a chance to see these parks.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
She's not wrong. Attracting other, non-typical, vacationers to see the sights and scenes of our country is a laudable goal. She does not seem to be agitating for excluding whites or anything, but she clearly loves or has an interest in our national parks and wants as many people as possible to see them.

I am sure that what is an inherently inclusive message- let's get those who don't normally participate to begin doing so- will be lost in translation and seen as an exclusionary one.

Why id the location of these parks kept secret to certain communities?

I have a better idea. Spend tax money to get more disabled Vets a chance to see these parks.

Why should someone that deserves to see the parks benefit? That's racist!!!!
Link Posted: 8/24/2016 9:43:50 PM EDT
[#29]
Harambie approves!
Link Posted: 8/24/2016 9:57:16 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:
OFFS!
View Quote

Link Posted: 8/24/2016 10:08:53 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:
You know I don't think I've ever once been concerned about the lack of minorities in national parks.
View Quote

Link Posted: 8/24/2016 11:09:32 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
You know I don't think I've ever once been concerned about the lack of minorities in national parks.

Some people worry about that sort of shit 24 hours a day.

I'm not one of them.

Link Posted: 8/24/2016 11:12:23 PM EDT
[#33]
Fucking retards.
Link Posted: 8/24/2016 11:20:03 PM EDT
[#34]
I see a job as a park ranger for that dude in Atlanta who got fired as a mall cop in that outdoor market where all the ghetto denizens bought quality products.
My man, would be awesome keeping the peace along the North Rim. He even had a new kit from the Go-Fund-Me page set up to outfit him with eyes in the back of his head. He pissed off many a jit.
Link Posted: 8/24/2016 11:22:38 PM EDT
[#35]
Umm yeah, no... Last time I was there, which was a few month ago there were buss loads of Chinese/Korean tourists...
Link Posted: 8/24/2016 11:47:00 PM EDT
[#36]
It's obvious they don't visit national parks because they are scared of whitey.  You know, the whole racist bullshit of flyover country. Scary is what it is..
Link Posted: 8/24/2016 11:49:57 PM EDT
[#37]

Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

The left leaning leadership of the nps surely is. It's one of their greatest concerns. That and the role of LGBTs.

Link Posted: 8/24/2016 11:53:12 PM EDT
[#38]
I think that black people can decide on their own what they want to do when they get home from work. Where they want to spend their vacation time is their own business.
Link Posted: 8/25/2016 12:01:34 AM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:
The left leaning leadership of the nps surely is. It's one of their greatest concerns. That and the role of LGBTs.  
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

They even have a group that enters the gay parades.  You'll never see city parks encouraging gays to visit.
Link Posted: 8/25/2016 12:19:27 AM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:
I don't care who visits - but I am in favor of taking down the guard rails and handing out free selfie sticks.
View Quote

Like this....
https://scontent.xx.fbcdn.net/v/t1.0-9/563237_642625832471943_399896703_n.jpg?oh=74c7d2eb1ec620771e1564d83ff39761&oe=585B82C8
Look real close and you'll see it.
Link Posted: 8/25/2016 12:24:15 AM EDT
[#41]
Last time I went to the hood, I was thinking. Ya know, there just isn't enough people the same color as me.......
Link Posted: 8/25/2016 4:35:44 AM EDT
[#42]

Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

planned oversight

Link Posted: 8/25/2016 4:57:53 AM EDT
[#43]
I'd like to tell tards like in the OP article... white people ain't stopping you from doing SHIT.

YOU ARE.

Period.

Nuff said.
Link Posted: 8/25/2016 5:01:28 AM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:

C-I-L-L my lanlo.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
State University Now Offers 'Stop White People' Training
<snip>
The presenters of the course, Ciaran Slattery, Nicholas Pulakos, and Urenna Nwogwugwu, are all RAs at the state-funded college, which describes itself as New York’s highest-ranking public college. They state their purpose is to “help others take the next step in understanding diversity, privilege, and the society we function within,” presumably the “white” society they plan to "stop" at the event.

The three RAs claim they will give “#StopWhitePeople2K16” course attendees the “tools” to respond to “uneducated people” with “‘good’ arguments.” You know, the people who preach mutual respect, equality under God, and constitutional freedoms. Those people.

They also state they will help other RAs at the state-funded college “hopefully expand upon what they may already know”: that white people are cancer, of course.

If you disagree with them, you are a White Supremacist.

So I have to agree with your article or be banned here.  

Should just tell them to get a shotgun and kill all the white people they see.

C-I-L-L my lanlo.

Big dog barkin, in de nite....do he bite? do he bite?
Link Posted: 8/25/2016 5:27:58 AM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:
She's not wrong. Attracting other, non-typical, vacationers to see the sights and scenes of our country is a laudable goal. She does not seem to be agitating for excluding whites or anything, but she clearly loves or has an interest in our national parks and wants as many people as possible to see them.

I am sure that what is an inherently inclusive message- let's get those who don't normally participate to begin doing so- will be lost in translation and seen as an exclusionary one.
View Quote

The majority of her own people will attack her for wanting them to "act white". She will be labeled a house expletive, or uncle Tom, just like anyone else who tries to help them become better educated, well traveled people.

Her heart's in the right place, but they will destroy her for it. She's just too young and dumb to get it yet.
Link Posted: 8/25/2016 5:49:30 AM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:

Yeah, all that natural beauty could only be enhanced with more buildings and signs.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
"It may not seem welcoming or as inviting to go to a place where there are hardly any visitor centers, few signs, and you're left to figure it out," Masaoka said.

Yeah, all that natural beauty could only be enhanced with more buildings and signs.

And electricity, and internet and PS3's.

I've met very few Black city people who enjoy ''roughing it'' in the vast outdoors sightseeing and hiking and would go on vacation specifically to do so. Most have a quite unreasonable fear of the wilderness, especialy at night.
Link Posted: 8/25/2016 5:57:32 AM EDT
[#47]
There is plenty of natural beauty back in Africa.
Link Posted: 8/25/2016 6:07:51 AM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:

View Quote

You're being ridiculous.  Sometimes, bullshit diversity messages are just bullshit diversity messages.

I've never been to a segregated National Park.  Anyone can go at any time.

If Black people don't go to the Grand Canyon, it's because they don't want to go to the Grand Canyon.  Not a single thing holds them back.

Any attempt to reach out to minorities through means other than what is commonly already used to advertise the Park Service to everyone is fucking racism, cut and dried.

Time to start calling this shit out.  
Link Posted: 8/25/2016 6:33:05 AM EDT
[#49]
I can see all of the empty spray paint cans littering the ground......

If "black" people had an interest in seeing the grand canyon they would do so.  Obviously they don't so where is the problem?

I have no interest in visiting a museum dedicated solely to the history of black people.  Or visiting a black only college.  So I don't.

See how that works?  People go to places that interest them.
Link Posted: 8/25/2016 6:34:24 AM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:

Why is that?
View Quote

Too much work ?  
Page / 5
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top