BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Link Posted: 7/26/2016 4:37:02 PM EDT
[#1]
Much info, such content, detail wow

-edit- damn slippery penguin, there was nothing but a blank post when he submitted.
Link Posted: 7/26/2016 4:37:23 PM EDT
[#2]
Fine by me. He should know better than to piss a judge off.
Link Posted: 7/26/2016 4:38:39 PM EDT
[#3]
What in the hell is that thing?
Link Posted: 7/26/2016 4:41:28 PM EDT
[#4]
Jesus. Erkel needs to lay off the Twinkies.
Link Posted: 7/26/2016 4:41:58 PM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
View Quote

It's Black Pat!
Link Posted: 7/26/2016 4:43:53 PM EDT
[#6]
His Court room his rules...Period end of story...
Link Posted: 7/26/2016 4:45:32 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
View Quote

Total genetic failure, personified.

When you get dealt that sort of hand, the best play you have is to become fucking annoying and wierd.
Link Posted: 7/26/2016 4:45:35 PM EDT
[#8]
How long were you in for Aimless?
Link Posted: 7/26/2016 4:45:55 PM EDT
[#9]
Did ... she(?) ... wear that outfit in court?
Link Posted: 7/26/2016 4:47:24 PM EDT
[#10]
well, dress it up in a suit and call it "Pat".
Link Posted: 7/26/2016 4:47:34 PM EDT
[#11]
Link Posted: 7/26/2016 4:48:20 PM EDT
[#12]
She was obviously looking for a reaction. He should have not made a thing out of it. That would probably have made her head explode, instead now she gets news articles written about her.
Link Posted: 7/26/2016 4:49:58 PM EDT
[#13]
Again, I still can't believe the judge actually locked her up
Link Posted: 7/26/2016 4:50:23 PM EDT
[#14]
Uh, good?
Link Posted: 7/26/2016 4:52:36 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
Did ... she(?) ... wear that outfit in court?
View Quote

That's the real reason she was jailed
Link Posted: 7/26/2016 4:52:53 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
View Quote

Fuck that noise...You want activist judges?? 'cause that's how you get activist judges. It's not HIS fucking courtroom, it belongs to the taxpayer's. His job is to officiate over the proceedings and not to establish his personal fiefdom. That dumb shit is like giving cops "Judge Dredd" power...bad idea. This is part of the reason this country is where it's at today. People accepting that a judge OWNS the fucking court as opposed to just working there and his word IS law.
Link Posted: 7/26/2016 4:53:01 PM EDT
[#17]
Seems like a bolt face carrier lapel pin would look good on a suit. Has anyone manufactured these?
Link Posted: 7/26/2016 4:57:31 PM EDT
[#18]
Link Posted: 7/26/2016 4:58:29 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

Fuck that noise...You want activist judges?? 'cause that's how you get activist judges. It's not HIS fucking courtroom, it belongs to the taxpayer's. His job is to officiate over the proceedings and not to establish his personal fiefdom. That dumb shit is like giving cops "Judge Dredd" power...bad idea. This is part of the reason this country is where it's at today. People accepting that a judge OWNS the fucking court as opposed to just working there and his word IS law.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Clearly you don't know about how much control a Judge has over his/her courtroom and why.  Has nothing to do with activism or who owns the building.
Link Posted: 7/26/2016 4:58:38 PM EDT
[#20]
Parker Lewis called, he wants his Bow tie back.

Link Posted: 7/26/2016 4:59:13 PM EDT
[#21]
Link Posted: 7/26/2016 4:59:46 PM EDT
[#22]

Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

This.

Link Posted: 7/26/2016 5:01:52 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:

Clearly you don't know about how much control a Judge has over his/her courtroom and why.  Has nothing to do with activism or who owns the building.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Clearly you haven't been paying attention to the consequences of activist judges legislating from the bench.
Link Posted: 7/26/2016 5:03:09 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
View Quote

^This^

Just like the BLM defying orders of the Police, she defied the orders of the Judge.

I wonder what the response would be if a White attorney wore a KKK button and a Swastika in a Black Judge's courtroom?

She should have received 30 days instead of five.

Personally, NFG.

Link Posted: 7/26/2016 5:03:15 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
View Quote

Nope. Try again.
Link Posted: 7/26/2016 5:04:02 PM EDT
[#27]
Link Posted: 7/26/2016 5:05:02 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Your tinfoil is on too tight.

A judge is expected to keep the courtroom a-political and respectful. Also lawyers KNOW, without a doubt, to not wear such things and to be presentable. Judges kick lawyers out all the time for things like this.

Probably what happend was, Black Pat wore that Bill Nye jumpsuit and pin to get a reaction. Judge told her to remove the pin. She got lippy and probably started chanting some slavery nonsense. Judge jailed her.
Link Posted: 7/26/2016 5:05:07 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:

Couldn't he just have tossed her out of the court room done his fucking job?

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
He didn't he ended up letting her go to appeal his decision.

I have never met a judge who tried to jail an attorney who wasn't nuts/ getting senile. While he has a point I don't know a judge who would have done that.

Couldn't he just have tossed her out of the court room done his fucking job?

FIFY
Link Posted: 7/26/2016 5:05:50 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:

Clearly you haven't been paying attention to the consequences of activist judges legislating from the bench.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

That is not activism, the Judge is protecting the courtroom from political influence.  Do you think her client is going to be treated fairly with a Jury of your peers once they see her with a BLM button?  Of course not.  She is the one trying to be an activist.
Link Posted: 7/26/2016 5:07:28 PM EDT
[#31]
Link Posted: 7/26/2016 5:09:04 PM EDT
[#32]
When that gavel hits the wood, IT IS his court. The judge has the leeway to set the rules for decorum and allow the process to be fair and unbiased.

Her(as a lawyer) wearing a BLM pin into the court was nothing short of a political statement.
Link Posted: 7/26/2016 5:10:06 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:
View Quote

Link Posted: 7/26/2016 5:11:49 PM EDT
[#34]
Judging a book by its cover here but, she doesn't look very wise.
Link Posted: 7/26/2016 5:12:14 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Quoted:
Quoted:

Nope. Try again.

I worked as a Bailiff...

Trust me I am right...

has nothing to do with activism...
Link Posted: 7/26/2016 5:16:02 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:

That is not activism, the Judge is protecting the courtroom from political influence.  Do you think her client is going to be treated fairly with a Jury of your peers once they see her with a BLM button?  Of course not.  She is the one trying to be an activist.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Gimme a break...It was a fucking pin. I'd wager the juror's could give a fuck less about the counselor's political preferences. So what's next ?? Got muslim client...NO BEARD FOR YOU !! Defending a hippie...BETTER CUT YOUR HAIR SO AS NOT TO OFFEND HIS HONOR !! Like I said it's bullshit and he made it more of an issue than it needed to be and gave the BLM idiots more ammo for their BS.
Link Posted: 7/26/2016 5:18:13 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:

Gimme a break...It was a fucking pin. I'd wager the juror's could give a fuck less about the counselor's political preferences. So what's next ?? Got muslim client...NO BEARD FOR YOU !! Defending a hippie...BETTER CUT YOUR HAIR SO AS NOT TO OFFEND HIS HONOR !! Like I said it's bullshit and he made it more of an issue than it needed to be and gave the BLM idiots more ammo for their BS.
View Quote

Its no different when a Judge says you can't wear a shirt that says fuck the police or some such in the courtroom.
Link Posted: 7/26/2016 5:20:15 PM EDT
[#38]
Good. Black Lives Matter is a terrorist group and any/all of their sympathizers should be shot.

Link Posted: 7/26/2016 5:21:37 PM EDT
[#39]
his court his rules
Link Posted: 7/26/2016 5:26:11 PM EDT
[#40]
Hey Penguin, who gave who fashion advice?
Link Posted: 7/26/2016 5:26:45 PM EDT
[#41]
It's a courtroom, not a rally.
Link Posted: 7/26/2016 5:26:52 PM EDT
[#42]
Wears a #blacklivesmatter pin, says "all lives matter" to press...gets loved tenderly by both sides.
Link Posted: 7/26/2016 5:29:56 PM EDT
[#43]
Folks with none compliance issues again?  What else is new.
Link Posted: 7/26/2016 5:31:31 PM EDT
[#44]

Quoted:

View Quote
You're exactly right.  Next time I try a case in Dallas I'll wear my Hillary pin.  When I go over to Fort Worth I'll be sure to wear my MAGA hat.  Free speech and all that.

Link Posted: 7/26/2016 5:32:07 PM EDT
[#45]

"A judge doesn't support either side," he said, according to the station. "A judge is objective and tries to make sure everyone has an opportunity to have a fair hearing and it was a situation where it was just in violation of the law."
View Quote

B.S. on that one.  But I do agree with the judge for trying to take the middle of the road.
Link Posted: 7/26/2016 5:32:29 PM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:

Its no different when a Judge says you can't wear a shirt that says fuck the police or some such in the courtroom.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Anything other than a jumpsuit with DOC printed on it could be considered political depending on who you asked and their point of view, which is what makes it a slippery slope. We both know it doesn't stop with obvious shit. Allowing a judge to have too much "discretion" in setting decorum for the court can easily result in tiny tyrant syndrome. His primary function is to insure order and see that the proceedings continue in a proscribed fashion according to the rules, a referee between two opposing lawyers to see that shenanigans aren't perpetrated against the process as it plays out by either side. His bias should be checked at the door in order to remain impartial.
Link Posted: 7/26/2016 5:37:51 PM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:
Probably not, then there are clients with a lawyer and he is denying them their right to counsel, just a wild ass guess
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
He didn't he ended up letting her go to appeal his decision.

I have never met a judge who tried to jail an attorney who wasn't nuts/ getting senile. While he has a point I don't know a judge who would have done that.

Couldn't he just have tossed her out of the court room?

Probably not, then there are clients with a lawyer and he is denying them their right to counsel, just a wild ass guess

Nope.  The judge will stop the case and try to resolve the issue without influencing any jury.
Link Posted: 7/26/2016 5:38:07 PM EDT
[#48]
da arm fat
Link Posted: 7/26/2016 5:40:07 PM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I hadn't thought of it that way, but being respectful to the cops will help stop needed beatings of defendants.
Link Posted: 7/26/2016 5:42:24 PM EDT
[#50]
GD proves again that activist judges are bad....unless they're our activist judges.  
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top