Site Notices
Page / 176
Link Posted: 8/29/2016 1:16:18 AM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 8/29/2016 1:34:01 AM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

There are level whatever dudes here too that have never conquered a gym.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
My area must just sucks balls. I'm level 2, and have seen zero snorlax, zero dratini, only 1 charmander, only a couple bulbasuar, and have cought zero execute. They best thing I have ever seen/caught was a arcanine. And my 10k eggs have all sucked.

ETA: podex is 80 seen 80 caught. Lol. I should just stop playing.

You've already caught an Arcanine by lvl 2 and you're complaining because you haven't seen a Snorlax yet.

Seriously though, there is a reason Snorlax is considered "rare." Hell, there are lvl 28+ players here that still don't have one.

I don't get time to play very often, but I've taken over 3 gyms I think.

Also my third 10k eggs just hatched... electabuzz. I already caught 2. Not exciting at all. My last 2 were onyx (which I don't even bother catching cause there are so many around) and pinsir. Ughhhhh.

ETA:
Link Posted: 8/29/2016 1:41:47 AM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
My area must just sucks balls. I'm level 2, and have seen zero snorlax, zero dratini, only 1 charmander, only a couple bulbasuar, and have cought zero execute. They best thing I have ever seen/caught was a arcanine. And my 10k eggs have all sucked.

You've already caught an Arcanine by lvl 2 and you're complaining because you haven't seen a Snorlax yet.

Seriously though, there is a reason Snorlax is considered "rare." Hell, there are lvl 28+ players here that still don't have one.

Link Posted: 8/29/2016 3:30:08 AM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
If there is any Pokemon in GO that needs a buff it's definitely Alakazam.

In the Gen1 games Alakazam could easily destroy pretty much anything that wasn't more than 10 levels above it.  Hell, even Alakazam's pre-evolution form Kadabra was a beast.

In GO Alakazam was already middling at best, but Niantic made it even worse by severely nerfing it's best primary move Psycho Cut and now it's absolute garbage.

Also it's very difficult to get because Abra has the highest flee rate of any Pokemon in the game at 99%. To put that into perspective: Eevee has a flee rate of 10%.

View Quote

All my abras are low CP but I haven't had one flee yet and I caught them with standard pokeballs
Link Posted: 8/29/2016 3:40:38 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

Easier from a moving car.

I had to discard a ton of revives and pots to get that and convince my wife to make an additional pass on two streets.

I'm lucky our little downtown has a ton of stops
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
http://i647.photobucket.com/albums/uu199/starscr34m/yarrrrrrr_zpshyncabeg.jpg

Spent a lot of time discarding potions between Pokestops. The potion rate is way too high

Fuckin' A.

I've only been to a few pokestops since the drop rate change so it's a small sample size, but I'm averaging about 1 pokeball per stop. About 1/3 of them didn't give me any pokeballs at all.

Before it was around 2.25-2.5 balls per stop so at this rate I would have to hit more than twice as many pokestops to get the same number of balls.

Easier from a moving car.

I had to discard a ton of revives and pots to get that and convince my wife to make an additional pass on two streets.

I'm lucky our little downtown has a ton of stops

I've got what I consider to be a pretty good route for the area I'm in. Not a tone of stops around here but they're mostly clustered together

Ill have to confirmed the distance but I can hit roughly 25 stops on a loop of around 2 miles. If I cut 3 off at the far end it's probably 1.5 miles

Not too bad considering there's only maybe 30 stops total

Most of it can be done at hatching speed too
Link Posted: 8/29/2016 4:53:43 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

If that were a thing we would already be doing it.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
I learned today that the Eevee evolution trick is based on the names of the Eevees in the cartoon (Rainer, Sparky, Pyro), not custom names/cheats given by niantic.  

Were there any other eevees or other pokemon in the show that had given names? I'd like to try evolving more and see if the trick works for other pokemon, but I never watched the show.

Is that not a real thing?

It's worked every time I tried it?
Link Posted: 8/29/2016 5:20:32 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
I learned today that the Eevee evolution trick is based on the names of the Eevees in the cartoon (Rainer, Sparky, Pyro), not custom names/cheats given by niantic.  

Were there any other eevees or other pokemon in the show that had given names? I'd like to try evolving more and see if the trick works for other pokemon, but I never watched the show.

It was a real thing until niantic figured out vaporeon was the most overpowered and most common "rare" Pokemon ever.. From what I've heard, "it works the first time" and/or "it works if you're you use all three in rotation, you have to use all 3 names".. Hasn't worked for me since the first time I used it. Back in July.
Link Posted: 8/29/2016 8:00:40 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

It was a real thing until niantic figured out vaporeon was the most overpowered and most common "rare" Pokemon ever.. From what I've heard, "it works the first time" and/or "it works if you're you use all three in rotation, you have to use all 3 names".. Hasn't worked for me since the first time I used it. Back in July.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

This is what appears to be working for me currently
Link Posted: 8/29/2016 9:54:56 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

Also my third 10k eggs just hatched... electabuzz. I already caught 2. Not exciting at all. My last 2 were onyx (which I don't even bother catching cause there are so many around) and pinsir. Ughhhhh.

ETA:http://i.imgur.com/A9z7vc4.jpg
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

ETA:http://i.imgur.com/A9z7vc4.jpg

Did you mean level 20? Because you couldnt have stuff over 1000 if you were level 2 like you said.
Link Posted: 8/29/2016 11:37:24 AM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:

I think, if I get to level 23 or 24 without a snorlax, or something comparable I'm going to stop playing completely.
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

I don't have snorlax or lapras at 25.5 I have seen one cp250 snorlax that ran after a razz and ultraball

I think, if I get to level 23 or 24 without a snorlax, or something comparable I'm going to stop playing completely.

Level 28 without a Snorlax... Checking in...
Link Posted: 8/29/2016 12:08:16 PM EDT
[#11]
So, when do we expect another patch with the potion rate fixed?
What about the improved tracker?
I'm getting impatient over here and fairly mad over the catch rate bs.  Had a Golduck break and run after one raz/ultra, then an Ivysaur run after god-only-knows how many ultras and greats with raz.
Link Posted: 8/29/2016 12:17:48 PM EDT
[#12]
Just caught this beast
Link Posted: 8/29/2016 12:26:10 PM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:

I'm getting impatient over here and fairly mad over the catch rate bs.  Had a Golduck break and run after one raz/ultra, then an Ivysaur run after god-only-knows how many ultras and greats with raz.
View Quote

They just changed the potion rate to make people happy. I doubt it will be adjusted again so soon. If at all.

The improved tracker is reportedly region based, a Reddit user posted that when they traveled to San Francisco, they suddenly had the new tracker, and when they left it returned to the old version. Unknown why that is or when they will expand it, if at all.

Catch rate will likely be continuously tinkered with and broken and fixed for a long time. Just have to deal with it as it goes.
Link Posted: 8/29/2016 12:29:12 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
View Quote

I had an 1100 Golduck run after one raz/ultra and a great throw and a 1000 Tentacruel do the same.  Both in the last day!
Link Posted: 8/29/2016 12:38:49 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
  They just changed the potion rate to make people happy. I doubt it will be adjusted again so soon. If at all.

The improved tracker is reportedly region based, a Reddit user posted that when they traveled to San Francisco, they suddenly had the new tracker, and when they left it returned to the old version. Unknown why that is or when they will expand it, if at all.

Catch rate will likely be continuously tinkered with and broken and fixed for a long time. Just have to deal with it as it goes.
View Quote

Re: potions.  I don't care, this is retarded.  The majority of the game is catching stuff.  Can't catch stuff without balls ffs.

Re: tracker.  I posted the same thing in this thread.  I know someone who got to use it while there.

Re: catch rate.  Tolerable if I can keep up with balls.

If they come out and say they aren't going to roll out the new tracker to everyone, I'm done.  The hope of a really useful tracker is the only thing keeping me hanging on right now.  I was on the verge of spending $10 on incubators last week, which is kind of a big deal because I never spend money on phone games.  I'm holding off for now until I see some improvement.
Link Posted: 8/29/2016 12:41:36 PM EDT
[#16]

Lol.

Posted Via AR15.Com Mobile
Link Posted: 8/29/2016 1:15:31 PM EDT
[#17]
i wonder if berrys are contra indicated for some monster species
Link Posted: 8/29/2016 1:22:10 PM EDT
[#18]
I saw my first electric mouse on top of a gym today.  It lasted about five minutes before the gym fell.
Link Posted: 8/29/2016 1:27:35 PM EDT
[#19]

Quoted:

I saw my first electric mouse on top of a gym today.  It lasted about five minutes before the gym fell.

View Quote

Just caught a CP 600 this morning. Turned into a CP 1436 Raichu.

Tossed another Raichu in the grinder for 1 candy.
Link Posted: 8/29/2016 1:29:05 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

More potions given out means gyms fall quicker and less pokecoins are awarded resulting in people being more likely to spend real money to buy items from the shop.

Less pokeballs given out means people are more likely to buy pokeballs from the shop.

I don't think the reason they did that was to "make people happy" unless of course by "people" you mean "people with an invested interest in Niantic."
Link Posted: 8/29/2016 1:38:56 PM EDT
[#21]
Are any of you guys finding that rare pokemon in general tend to spawn from the same locations?

There are about six spawn points I can pick up on my "sightings" from my house and almost all of the rare pokemon I've caught from those six spawn points have come from the same two that also happen to be next to each other.
Link Posted: 8/29/2016 1:58:26 PM EDT
[#22]

Omfg!  First time seeing one in the wild and the bastard ran away!
Link Posted: 8/29/2016 2:22:47 PM EDT
[#23]

Quoted:

Are any of you guys finding that rare pokemon in general tend to spawn from the same locations?

There are about six spawn points I can pick up on my "sightings" from my house and almost all of the rare pokemon I've caught from those six spawn points have come from the same two that also happen to be next to each other.

View Quote

I found certain spawn points are prone to spawning a certain TYPE of Pokemon, which means they are more likely to spawn a rarer Pokemon of that type then a spawn point that spawns generic.

IE a dedicated water spawn is more likely to spawn Dratini. Dedicated rock/steel/fighting spawns more likely to have Omanyte, Kabuto, Hitmonchan and Hitmonlee.

So I do see those things spawning in the same places.
Link Posted: 8/29/2016 2:29:20 PM EDT
[#24]
level 21, new semester started and thought I'd be catching a bunch but nothing good so far.  All mankeys and ekans
tons of stops on campus though
Link Posted: 8/29/2016 2:29:28 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v231/Iguana775/Screenshot_SmartSelect_2016-08-29-12-34-50_zpsocyu6q2z.png

View Quote

How many tries did you get before he ran?

Back when the breakout/flee glitch was at it's pinnacle I saw my first one at 1,178 CP. Razz berry, ultra ball, excellent throw... breakout, *POOF*.
Link Posted: 8/29/2016 4:35:30 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:

Back when the breakout/flee glitch was at it's pinnacle I saw my first one at 1,178 CP. Razz berry, ultra ball, excellent throw... breakout, *POOF*.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v231/Iguana775/Screenshot_SmartSelect_2016-08-29-12-34-50_zpsocyu6q2z.png

1 berry and 1 ultra ball...poof!
Link Posted: 8/29/2016 4:46:04 PM EDT
[#27]
This is also assuming my play didn't slow down... Which it already has.

Link Posted: 8/29/2016 6:07:32 PM EDT
[#28]
Finally found a Snorlax!  110cp
Link Posted: 8/29/2016 6:19:15 PM EDT
[#29]
Little egg check.

2km:

Pidgey, 17/98, 17.3%

Zubat, 16/98, 16.3%

Rattata, 12/98, 12.2%

Weedle, 10/98, 10.2%

Starting 3 combined, 10/98, 10.2%

Clefairy, 1/98, 1%

5km:

Nidoran(F), 11/145, 7.6%

Bellsprout, 9/145, 6.2%

Goldeen, 9/145, 6.2%

Ekans, 8/145, 5.5%

Abra, Grimer, Lickitung, Magnemite, Slowpoke, Vulpix, all at 1/145, 0.7%

Koffing and Seal, both at 0/145
Link Posted: 8/29/2016 6:26:15 PM EDT
[#30]

Quoted:

http://i.imgur.com/ICABDRD.png?1

View Quote
Holy fuckballs, Pikachu.

Link Posted: 8/29/2016 6:32:11 PM EDT
[#31]

Quoted:

Holy fuckballs, Pikachu.  
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Holy fuckballs, Pikachu.  

Indeed. Was at a park with a friend the other day, farming some Kabuto. He tells me he just hit level 22, I ask him how much experience in total that is. Says 300k.

Oh... So I only have over a million more XP then you for the next 6 levels.

The XP/Time required is getting pretty crazy per level. The distance from level 28 to 29 is 300k XP... Otherwords this one level is equal to the first 22 levels.
Link Posted: 8/29/2016 8:01:43 PM EDT
[#32]
so the guy that was "king" of the gym at level 40 was probably a hacker?
Link Posted: 8/29/2016 8:37:42 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:
so the guy that was "king" of the gym at level 40 was probably a hacker?
View Quote

It could be someone who spent a shitload of real money and time in the game.

Naah, he's a hacker.
Link Posted: 8/29/2016 8:38:01 PM EDT
[#34]
Went to a big park last night that I haven't been to yet and the place was littered with Voltorbs.  I literally got enough to evolve it and there was still more.  So many I quit catching them.
Link Posted: 8/29/2016 9:56:36 PM EDT
[#35]
Hatched 2 2km eggs today and got a bulbasaur and charmander.  Both good cp and IVs.  Now I just need to find more so I can evolve them.

Link Posted: 8/29/2016 10:14:32 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:

View Quote

I'm just going to shoot for lvl 30 and then after the cap focus on getting the best pokemon and powering them up. Any leveling up will be incidental.

Also there is some serious diminishing returns between lvl 30 and 40.  It takes 170,000 dust and 86 candies to power up a pokemon from 30 to 40 and yet it only nets you a 14% increase in CP.

Link Posted: 8/29/2016 10:19:04 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:

View Quote

Absolutely yes

I'm also starting to think theres a relation to what gets spawned at these spawn points and whatever happens to be the top Mon at the nearest gym.

For instance at a spawn point earlier the nearby gym had a eggsecuter as lead pokemon and it spawned an exeggcute

Same at a spawn point that had a nearby gym with a charmander, I caught 4 there while the lead was a charmander
Link Posted: 8/29/2016 10:24:42 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:
Hatched 2 2km eggs today and got a bulbasaur and charmander.  Both good cp and IVs.  Now I just need to find more so I can evolve them.  
View Quote

That seems to be the only way of getting one of the original three starters with good IV's.  I've caught roughly 350 of them combined and have yet to see one with average IV's over 70%.  

Of course in exchange for those good IV's you have to spend the dust and candy required to power up from lvl 20. For me doing that for a Bulbasaur or Squirtle won't be a problem.  Charmander though is a different matter as those candies are extremely hard to come by around here.
Link Posted: 8/29/2016 10:25:28 PM EDT
[#39]
Speaking of which: has anyone here caught a Bulbasaur, Squirtle, or Charmander (or any of their evolutions) in the wild that had IV's over 80%?

Link Posted: 8/29/2016 11:11:14 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:
Evolved a dewgong today to complete the current north american pokedex of 142. #lifegoals
View Quote

I think you've got work to do
my wife has something like #148 in her dex  (Dragonair)
Link Posted: 8/29/2016 11:44:24 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Evolved a dewgong today to complete the current north american pokedex of 142. #lifegoals

Having #148 is not the same as having 148 different pokemon.
Link Posted: 8/30/2016 12:45:47 AM EDT
[#42]

Quoted:

Speaking of which: has anyone here caught a Bulbasaur, Squirtle, or Charmander (or any of their evolutions) in the wild that had IV's over 80%?

View Quote
No. Caught a lvl28 Charmander in the wild today. Over CP650. IVs were ass.

Link Posted: 8/30/2016 1:27:58 AM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

The last couple of levels you ever see a >200 CP Pikachu that had a red circle?

Today I saw a 193 CP Pikachu that had a red circle and this was shortly after seeing a 520 CP Bulbasaur that only had an orange circle.

Considering they have the same capture and flee rate I'm thinking this was probably a glitch.
Link Posted: 8/30/2016 1:32:51 AM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

No. None of the starters I've caught had IVs worth a shit. Pretty much all meat grinder material. Everything with a decent IV that I have, has come from an egg
Link Posted: 8/30/2016 6:50:15 AM EDT
[#45]
Fucking Vulpix, man.

I've gotten 2 from eggs. Need 8 more candy to evolve a Ninetails, so I only need to catch/transfer 2 from the wild.

I've seen 4 in the wild. Raspberry + ultra ball = breakout and run. All 4. Fuck.
Link Posted: 8/30/2016 7:41:54 AM EDT
[#46]
Missed catching a Turd aka Diglet yesterday.  1st time seeing one.  Broke out of 1st ball and ran.   /sigh
Link Posted: 8/30/2016 9:37:55 AM EDT
[#47]

Quoted:

Missed catching a Turd aka Diglet yesterday.  1st time seeing one.  Broke out of 1st ball and ran.   /sigh
View Quote

Man, they are everywhere up here. I completely ignore their existence.
Link Posted: 8/30/2016 1:28:08 PM EDT
[#48]
Preferred defenders list at a glance.

Link Posted: 8/30/2016 2:36:59 PM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Might be outrageous luck but it's worked for me every time I did it and haven't really had a problem. Gonna do another one and just see what happens, probably a vaporeon because it's OP as fuck and I like to win.

I did, however, immediately change their name back to what it should have been in the first place.
Link Posted: 8/30/2016 2:41:06 PM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:
Preferred defenders list at a glance.

http://i.imgur.com/ZjQpHkF.png?1

View Quote

I put my 2100 Lapras in a level 5 gym.  The other 4? All 1600-1800 Snorlaxes. Unfortunately my Snorlax was in another gym at the time...would've been cool to have 5 Snorlaxes all in the same gym. I have a feeling I won't be getting that Lapras back any time soon.
Page / 176
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top