Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 176
Link Posted: 8/30/2016 2:44:12 PM EDT
[#1]
Am I reading this right? To power up a Pokemon you got from an egg at lvl 20 all the way up to lvl 30 it would take about 66 candies?

http://pokemongo.gamepress.gg/power-up-costs
Link Posted: 8/30/2016 2:52:58 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Am I reading this right? To power up a Pokemon you got from an egg at lvl 20 all the way up to lvl 30 it would take about 66 candies?

View Quote

That's how I read it.  66 candies and 75k stardust.
Link Posted: 8/30/2016 3:02:26 PM EDT
[#3]
Anyone else getting a bit bored? Most of the time it's same shit, different day. Not really seeing the increase in "rare" spawns. My family even drove to Little Rock last weekend to play. I think we evolved a couple of things like Polywhirl to Polywrath and Ponyta to Rapidash. Nothing cool though and was a bit of a letdown even playing in an area with 6 active lures at all times.

My 6 year old loves it, but it's turning into a grind. I have 120 great balls and ultra balls and nothing to throw them at.
Link Posted: 8/30/2016 3:14:53 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:

View Quote

I got 68... Did you count the 2 for going from 20 to 20.5?
Link Posted: 8/30/2016 3:15:44 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:

My 6 year old loves it, but it's turning into a grind.
View Quote

It is a HUGE grind. It is one of the grindiest games in the grinding grindom.
Link Posted: 8/30/2016 3:22:03 PM EDT
[#6]
one of the things the defense list is missing are mons that twart vaporons

i have been curb stomped by vileplumes and venomoths

there should be a kings guard of vaporon stoppers below your lapras and snorlaxi
Link Posted: 8/30/2016 3:25:51 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:

View Quote

We've covered that one a couple times. Water is weak to grass and lightning.

Best Vaporeon stompers are: Exeggcutor, Victreebel, Venusaur, Vileploom, then all the electrics (Jolteon, Raichu, Electabuzz, Electrode, Magneton) which kinda suck.

Edit: Putting them on a gym to protect the Lapras/Snorlax from Vaporeons won't work though. I'll just throw a couple Arcanine at the front of my 6 attackers, stomp the shit out of them, then switch out to my Lapras/Vaporeon/Dragonite when I get to the top.

The only Pokemon that really have a fight bonus against Snorlax are fighters, IE Machamp, Hitmonlee, Hitmonchan and Poliwrath depending on the moves.
Link Posted: 8/30/2016 3:30:12 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

Best Vaporeon stompers are: Exeggcutor, Victreebel, Venusaur, Vileploom, then all the electrics (Jolteon, Raichu, Electabuzz, Electrode, Magneton) which kinda suck.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

You can easily take out a 1700CP or so Vaporeon with a 1300+ Jolteon with the right moves.  Same with a Raichu.  However, its hard to get high CP Raichu's.  One of the gyms near me was a Pickachuu nest and I was able to get enough to evolve three Raichu and have candy left over.  However, I could never find a very high Pickachuu and therefore my Raichu's are all between 1100-1200CP.  When you attack a gym thats a Vaporeons you can take them out with all electric though.  I prefer to use my Dragonites and Snorlax however.  They stomp everything.
Link Posted: 8/30/2016 3:33:14 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:

You can easily take out a 1700CP or so Vaporeon with a 1300+ Jolteon with the right moves.  Same with a Raichu.  However, its hard to get high CP Raichu's.  One of the gyms near me was a Pickachuu nest and I was able to get enough to evolve three Raichu and have candy left over.  However, I could never find a very high Pickachuu and therefore my Raichu's are all between 1100-1200CP.  When you attack a gym thats a Vaporeons you can take them out with all electric though.  I prefer to use my Dragonites and Snorlax however.  They stomp everything.
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

I use my Exeggcutor and Victreebel for Vaporeons and Lapras at the moment.

I have used my Jolteon and Raichu, but they are just not as effective in the fight long term if it is a high level gym. Exeggcutor and Victreebel can continue fighting against other types more effectively.

And that is with my over CP1500 Raichu/Jolteon.
Link Posted: 8/30/2016 3:44:58 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
Preferred defenders list at a glance.

http://i.imgur.com/ZjQpHkF.png?1

View Quote

Question for you gym rats: wouldn't Sludge Bomb be a better defensive move for Venusaur than Solar Beam?  My thinking is that not many people are going to attack a Venusaur with a Pokemon weak to grass attacks and most will use a type advantage like fire.  And of course poison attacks are more effective against those types of pokemon than grass attacks are.

Same with Exeggutor having Psychic instead of Solar Beam.
Link Posted: 8/30/2016 4:37:53 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
Anyone else getting a bit bored? Most of the time it's same shit, different day. Not really seeing the increase in "rare" spawns. My family even drove to Little Rock last weekend to play. I think we evolved a couple of things like Polywhirl to Polywrath and Ponyta to Rapidash. Nothing cool though and was a bit of a letdown even playing in an area with 6 active lures at all times.

My 6 year old loves it, but it's turning into a grind. I have 120 great balls and ultra balls and nothing to throw them at.
View Quote

Yup. Feel the same. Grinding out levels so that the kids can enjoy it when they aren't in school.
Link Posted: 8/30/2016 7:36:53 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I remember counting two 2's so yeah, I think I did.
Link Posted: 8/30/2016 8:56:04 PM EDT
[#13]
Got machops in two eggs back to back
Link Posted: 8/30/2016 9:09:13 PM EDT
[#14]
damn, last 2 days i have had a severe uptick in pokemon running away.  wtf?    even using berries and ultra balls.
Link Posted: 8/30/2016 9:11:41 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
Got machops in two eggs back to back
View Quote

I've got 2 magnemite in 2 eggs.
Link Posted: 8/30/2016 9:30:36 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
damn, last 2 days i have had a severe uptick in pokemon running away.  wtf?    even using berries and ultra balls.
View Quote

Yeah. Golduck, Poliwrath, high cp Ivysaur.
Link Posted: 8/30/2016 9:31:53 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Take comfort in knowing it would have had shit IV's anyway.
Link Posted: 8/30/2016 10:10:04 PM EDT
[#18]
caught a few 500-650 cp evees today with a berry and 1 or 2 red balls

Link Posted: 8/30/2016 11:06:26 PM EDT
[#19]
How rare are Gengars?
Link Posted: 8/30/2016 11:08:00 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

View Quote

Nice, toss them in the grinder.
Link Posted: 8/30/2016 11:15:00 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

View Quote

700 eevees never take more than 1 regular ball

But a 100 caterpie will cost you 10 raspberries and 10 ultra balls and still run away
Link Posted: 8/30/2016 11:19:43 PM EDT
[#22]
I hatched two 10km eggs today.  Snorax and Scyther .
Link Posted: 8/30/2016 11:25:37 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
I hatched two 10km eggs today.  Snorax and Scyther .
View Quote

I hatched 2 today as well.  Pinsir and Pinsir.

FML
Link Posted: 8/30/2016 11:28:13 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
How rare are Gengars?
View Quote

Pretty damn rare around here. I've seen one and I caught it. Only 250cp though
Link Posted: 8/30/2016 11:30:40 PM EDT
[#25]
Hatched a 10K and got a Hitmonchan. 42 in Pokedex.

Level 14 now.
Link Posted: 8/30/2016 11:34:04 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:

View Quote

I may take a break.  At least until a cool update comes out.  I am 25.5, have all but a handful of moms in the Pokedex.  Chansey and Lapras allude me.  But I have a shit ton of good Mon for the gym, a shit ton of balls, potions and revives.  Just getting tired of the grind and even tired of taking over gyms.  I can stomp even the strongest gym with ease, but of course I get kicked out immediately because no other team members are around.  I have had Pokemon in 12 gyms at the same time.  I have let that dwindle and currently only have three in gyms.  Of course one is my 2200+ Snorlax with hyperbeam.  Seems I will never get him back.
Link Posted: 8/30/2016 11:39:34 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
How rare are Gengars?
View Quote

Took me until level 25 to evolve one. He is not very string. Too bad because his attacks are both dark
Link Posted: 8/31/2016 3:32:10 AM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

No shit. This is worse than ingress was. Once I hit level 8, I slowed down, then they added levels, said fuck that. And quit. I'm 29k away from lvl 30 and I'm in no rush..
Link Posted: 8/31/2016 3:36:22 AM EDT
[#29]
I had just changed out of my day clothes when a Snorlax popped up. Well, his silouhette did.

That's right, I'm lvl26 and haven't seen one in the wild.

I hunted the bastard down, one berry and one ultra ball, and the fucker ran. CP 1932. It would've been an excellent addition...
Link Posted: 8/31/2016 7:28:52 AM EDT
[#30]

Quoted:

How rare are Gengars?
View Quote

rare here
Link Posted: 8/31/2016 10:07:37 AM EDT
[#31]
What do you guys think is the best electric type for offense currently in the game?

The top 3 are all capable of having Thunder as a secondary move with Raichu having the slight edge in primary moves with his Spark instead of Thunder Shock.

All 3 have comparable stats.

Electabuzz:

Max CP 2119
Attack 198
Defense 160
Stamina 130

Jolteon:

Max CP 2140
Attack 192
Defense 174
Stamina 130

Raichu:

Max CP 2028
Attack 200
Defense 154
Stamina 120

It's looking like Jolteon to me plus pretty much everywhere he's easy to get and obtain candies for.
Link Posted: 8/31/2016 10:31:08 AM EDT
[#32]

Quoted:

Preferred defenders list at a glance.

http://i.imgur.com/ZjQpHkF.png?1

View Quote

Cool. My CP 1981 Snorlax (Lick/Hyper Beam), CP 1718 Polywrath (Bubble/Submission) and CP 1499 Wigglytuff (Feint Attack/Hyper Beam) are all sitting in gyms right now.

Link Posted: 8/31/2016 10:47:37 AM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:

No shit. This is worse than ingress was. Once I hit level 8, I slowed down, then they added levels, said fuck that. And quit. I'm 29k away from lvl 30 and I'm in no rush..
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Definitely a grind, especially if you're committed to spending zero money.  With the kids around my neighborhood, I can get one gym most days for my 10 coins, so I don't really battle.  It's mostly a good excuse for me and the wife to go out and walk around and talk for an hour or so.
Link Posted: 8/31/2016 10:50:22 AM EDT
[#34]
Any word on the next update?  I'm itching for the new tracking update that was supposed to come out in August.

Just turned 23 and it feels like it will take forever to turn to 24.
Link Posted: 8/31/2016 10:50:52 AM EDT
[#35]
Link Posted: 8/31/2016 10:57:39 AM EDT
[#36]
So a charizard popped up right next to the office and nobody tells fatcat when they rush out to catch it.
Link Posted: 8/31/2016 11:02:56 AM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:
So a charizard popped up right next to the office and nobody tells fatcat when they rush out to catch it.
View Quote

So did you follow and catch it?
Link Posted: 8/31/2016 11:19:02 AM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:

Took me until level 25 to evolve one. He is not very string. Too bad because his attacks are both dark
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
How rare are Gengars?

Too bad Gengar isn't a Dark type.
Link Posted: 8/31/2016 11:57:39 AM EDT
[#39]
Buddy system data taken out of code: http://pokemongohub.net/pokemon-buddy-system-data-mined/

Run down. You will be able to assign a Pokemon to walk with you, it will be visible on the screen next to you, it will measure distance like eggs and reward you with the candy type for that Pokemon. Likely to have a daily limit per Pokemon.
Link Posted: 8/31/2016 12:00:38 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

It was gone when I heard about it. Two people got around 300cp zards and two others saw around 1700cp but both ran off. Those two threw about 100 balls each.
Link Posted: 8/31/2016 12:05:08 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:
Buddy system data taken out of code: http://pokemongohub.net/pokemon-buddy-system-data-mined/

Run down. You will be able to assign a Pokemon to walk with you, it will be visible on the screen next to you, it will measure distance like eggs and reward you with the candy type for that Pokemon. Likely to have a daily limit per Pokemon.
View Quote

So I would be able to select a Snorlax to be my "Pokemon buddy" that will walk beside my character and will give me Snorlax candy?

Link Posted: 8/31/2016 12:05:10 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:

View Quote

That will help a lot
Link Posted: 8/31/2016 12:10:56 PM EDT
[#43]
I just hit 401 Magicarp candies. I have an XL CP 172 Magicarp (I'm level 25.5-ish) with great IVs... If my Gyarados ends up with a shitty attack set, I'm going to fucking break something.
Link Posted: 8/31/2016 12:14:19 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:

It was gone when I heard about it. Two people got around 300cp zards and two others saw around 1700cp but both ran off. Those two threw about 100 balls each.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

That's the kicker, isn't it? You see that rare pokemon pop up on your "sightings" but the chances that you'd be able to find it, catch it, have it be something that'd be worth spending 10+ ultra balls on, and be worth powering up are fairly low.  The exception would be if you didn't already have one and are nowhere close to having enough candies to get one through evolution.

Plus with any of the original starters (or any of their evolutions) they are guaranteed to have shit IV's anyway.
Link Posted: 8/31/2016 12:14:47 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:
I just hit 401 Magicarp candies. I have an XL CP 172 Magicarp (I'm level 25.5-ish) with great IVs... If my Gyarados ends up with a shitty attack set, I'm going to fucking break something.
View Quote

Link Posted: 8/31/2016 12:16:44 PM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:
View Quote

I've saving up until I have enough for 4 evolutions to avoid just that.

Of course if I get 4 Twisters I might end up needing to buy a new cell phone.
Link Posted: 8/31/2016 12:25:25 PM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:
Plus with any of the original starters (or any of their evolutions) they are guaranteed to have shit IV's anyway.
View Quote

Me and the kids managed to catch a Blastoise in town on Friday.  I ran its IV's.  I think they were between 40 and 50%.  Two possible combos, one has zero attack, one has zero defense.  FML.
Link Posted: 8/31/2016 12:29:49 PM EDT
[#48]

Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

I wouldn't be evolving until Spring next year if I did that. I'm around 250 candy right now.
Link Posted: 8/31/2016 12:53:38 PM EDT
[#49]

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

https://media.giphy.com/media/YPIrsRqqO7oB2/giphy.gif

CP 1813 Gyarados with Bite and MOTHER FUCKING TWISTER! SON OF A BITCH!

Link Posted: 8/31/2016 1:12:17 PM EDT
[#50]

Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

https://media.giphy.com/media/YPIrsRqqO7oB2/giphy.gif

Page / 176
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top