You Must Be Logged In To Vote

Link Posted: 5/28/2017 1:21:38 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 5/28/2017 2:00:52 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By medicmandan:
Need a little guidance.

Started keto three weeks ago.  20-30 carbs per day.  Eating lots of chicken, pork, beef.  Lots of cheese.  Veggies are broccoli, cauliflower, squash/zucchini, asparagus, cabbage, lettuce, and spinach.  Typically with lots of butter involved.  Tomatoes occasionally.  Snacking on boiled eggs, cheese, pork rinds and occasionally almonds.  No sugar, real or fake.  Typically eat leftovers for lunch.  If no leftovers I make a romaine/spinach salad with chicken, eggs, cheese and some cucumber with a homemade balsamic dressing.  Drinking .75-1 gallon water every day.  

Week 1 I lost 4.5lbs, week two was 4lbs, week three was .4lbs.  I've gone back through my meal list for the week.  I can't see any differences between this week and the previous two.

I also started Couch to 5K three weeks ago so I am running 3x/week.
View Quote
 It sounds like you may be getting too much protein and not enough fat. Chicken and pork are awfully lean, but doable. Get some bacon in there!
Link Posted: 5/28/2017 2:12:10 PM EDT
[#3]
Need a little guidance.

Started keto three weeks ago.  20-30 carbs per day.  Eating lots of chicken, pork, beef.  Lots of cheese.  Veggies are broccoli, cauliflower, squash/zucchini, asparagus, cabbage, lettuce, and spinach.  Typically with lots of butter involved.  Tomatoes occasionally.  Snacking on boiled eggs, cheese, pork rinds and occasionally almonds.  No sugar, real or fake.  Typically eat leftovers for lunch.  If no leftovers I make a romaine/spinach salad with chicken, eggs, cheese and some cucumber with a homemade balsamic dressing.  Drinking .75-1 gallon water every day.  

Week 1 I lost 4.5lbs, week two was 4lbs, week three was .4lbs.  I've gone back through my meal list for the week.  I can't see any differences between this week and the previous two.

View Quote
I don't think it's protein, gluconogenesis isn't dependent on protein intake and your body doesn't care whether you're getting fat from the plate or the gut.

I think you depleted your body of glycogen over the first couple weeks and lost a ton of water weight and now you're ready to reduce the amount of fat you're eating and lose fat. I ate a ton during the flu phase, you can't do that longer term.

I lost 6lbs the first week on about 3K calories/day, and 2lbs a week steady since then on about 2K. Just limit carbs, and eat what you're hungry for only when you're hungry for it.
Link Posted: 5/28/2017 3:24:25 PM EDT
[Last Edit: medicmandan] [#4]
Link Posted: 5/28/2017 3:32:34 PM EDT
[#5]
Originally Posted By Qweevox:

Brother, everybody is different.

Can you give us some more detail about your overall physical condition, age, history, and current diet?
View Quote
Sure. I'm 29, overweight, had what was thought to be chrons but turned out to be a blockage, , otherwise healthy, and my diet is consistently meat, low carb vegetables, cheese, eggs... pretty much all of the keto stuff.
Link Posted: 5/28/2017 3:34:12 PM EDT
[#6]
Need a little guidance.

View Quote
What's a snack?

Seriously, one of the key advantages to LCHF is your body works with you.  You feel more satiated and eat less.  If you're snacking, why are you snacking?

The goal isn't to burn fat on your plate, it's to burn fat around your middle.  Most people naturally reduce the amount they eat because they don't feel hungry and have all the energy they need.  Maybe you should cut out the snacks, and skip a meal or something.  

Watch the two videos I posted on the last page.  This ain't "rocket surgery", ...or at least it doesn't have to be.  

It sounds like you burned through your glycogen stores, and lost some water weight.  Good, that's the first step.
Link Posted: 5/28/2017 3:37:13 PM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 5/28/2017 7:03:22 PM EDT
[#8]
Originally Posted By Bushylover:
 It sounds like you may be getting too much protein and not enough fat. Chicken and pork are awfully lean, but doable. Get some bacon in there!
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Need a little guidance.

To me it just sounds like he's past the initial fast water weight and in to the slow steady burn
Link Posted: 5/28/2017 9:10:14 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Qweevox] [#9]
Originally Posted By Obo2:

To me it just sounds like he's past the initial fast water weight and in to the slow steady burn
View Quote
winner, winner, chicken dinner.

Let's face it.  Most people come to keto because they're fat.  They've spent some time getting fat and unhealthy, eating a lot of high carb, and processed food.  Then they try LCHF.  They mostly eat real, unprocessed food, and eat lots of fat, which makes them satiated.  

...but the amount of food they eat is much less than they ate when they ate lots of carbs, sugar, and processed food.  So they lose weight.  

Going from a BMI of 32 to a BMI of 26 was fast, and much easier than going from a BMI of 26 to 24.   ...for me.
Link Posted: 5/28/2017 9:24:46 PM EDT
[#10]

Let's face it.  Most people come to keto because they're fat.  They've spent some time getting fat and unhealthy, eating a lot of high carb, and processed food.  Then they try LCHF.  They mostly eat real, unprocessed food, and eat lots of fat, which makes them satiated.  

...but the amount of food they eat is much less than they ate when they ate lots of carbs, sugar, and processed food.  So they lose weight.  

Going from a BMI of 32 to a BMI of 26 was fast, and much easier than going from a BMI of 26 to 24.   ...for me.  
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By Obo2:

I agree.

I dropped like a stone from 318 to 275, but I've been leveled out here for a while. The problem is that I need to cut back my calories a bit more now, or start exercising more. Keto is amazing, but it's not magic.
Link Posted: 5/28/2017 9:52:25 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Qweevox] [#11]
Originally Posted By SimonPhoto:

I agree.

I dropped like a stone from 318 to 275, but I've been leveled out here for a while. The problem is that I need to cut back my calories a bit more now, or start exercising more. Keto is amazing, but it's not magic.
View Quote
I hate coming down on this topic.  Because that first fast weight loss is so motivating for guys new to LCHF.  And let's face it, you have to get the brain in this game. So motivation is important.

But it's just math.  Every molecule of glycogen is sheathed in three or four molecules of water.  So yeah, those first few weeks you're burning glycogen and dumping water.  Which causes the scale to move fast.  But that's all it is.

That's why it's possible to lose a shit-ton of weight if you're three bills on a diet that consists only of bacon.  You're body doesn't effectively make a lot of glycogen from bacon.  Gluconeogenesis is possible, but it's an incredibly inefficient process, that your metabolism isn't going to do unless it's absolutely needed.  

So you burn your liver's reserve, and you deplete your glycogen in your skeletal muscles.  Which is a metric shit-ton of glycogen...and water.  If you are a "big guy", you lose a lot of water stored with that glycogen.  Get on the scale and see the needle move a lot.

...but that's motivating.  And that early motivation keeps people on the path, so it's important.  But it's not magic.
Link Posted: 5/29/2017 12:59:09 AM EDT
[#12]
Shameless plug:
I just posted my results over in the 2017 body transformation here, if anyone cares to see a shirtless man with slightly more definition than he used to have. I don't feel like duplicating that post here. Also, stats.
Linky

Need a little guidance.

View Quote
Two things, one of which has already been mentioned.

First, after the initial quick weight drop-off, you'll generally settle in at a slow rate of loss. For me, that was about 1.5 lbs a week, on average. This chart is mine from last year (starting in January):

That trendline is damn near linear, ignoring the holidays.

Second, it is extremely common to have a short 1-2 week slowdown/stall after the first few weeks. It even has a name: Post Induction Stall Syndrome. Off the top of my head, it's generally thought to be a readjustment by the body after dumping all the water and glycogen stores the first few weeks.

Basically, I doubt you're doing anything wrong, and your weight loss will pick right back up again soon. If it doesn't for a few more weeks, then you can start worrying.
Link Posted: 5/29/2017 1:10:33 AM EDT
[#13]
Originally Posted By Zirak:
Shameless plug:
I just posted my results over in the 2017 body transformation here, if anyone cares to see a shirtless man with slightly more definition than he used to have. I don't feel like duplicating that post here. Also, stats.
Linky

Two things, one of which has already been mentioned.

First, after the initial quick weight drop-off, you'll generally settle in at a slow rate of loss. For me, that was about 1.5 lbs a week, on average. This chart is mine from last year (starting in January):
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1dZNqWg_EkPGruyllPEqLZjNT8t0GaebeOHcX0gcFVoQ/pubchart?oid=1267330386&format=image
That trendline is damn near linear, ignoring the holidays.

Second, it is extremely common to have a short 1-2 week slowdown/stall after the first few weeks. It even has a name: Post Induction Stall Syndrome. Off the top of my head, it's generally thought to be a readjustment by the body after dumping all the water and glycogen stores the first few weeks.

Basically, I doubt you're doing anything wrong, and your weight loss will pick right back up again soon. If it doesn't for a few more weeks, then you can start worrying.
View Quote
I'd be thrilled to look like your before. I'm about 40 lbs away from there. 
Link Posted: 5/29/2017 1:39:24 AM EDT
[#14]

View Quote
In that post, I quoted myself. There's another link there that says Last Year's Results. That's where I really started. Ive been at this a while.
Link Posted: 5/29/2017 7:40:51 AM EDT
[#15]
In that post, I quoted myself. There's another link there that says Last Year's Results. That's where I really started. Ive been at this a while.
View All Quotes

And you've done really, really, well.

Bravo!
Link Posted: 5/29/2017 9:51:41 AM EDT
[Last Edit: switchtanks] [#16]
So I had an interesting experience the other day and thought I'd share it with the class.

I'm currently in Seattle visiting family. My brother, who is about to graduate as a mechanical engineer is looking to fill his time by landscaping a friends house hold. He asks me if I'd be willing to help him for 20 bucks an hour. Sure, why not.

So I get there and this motherfucker wants me to help him move 16 350lbs logs about 300 feet over uneven and unpacked ground down a hill. No hand truck, no mechanical help, by hand.
Seems like a good idea right?
What could go wrong?

Any way, the little turd convinced me to do it, and here's the interesting part. He is about 50lbs overweight and I'm at my goal weight of 200lbs. I also lift regularly and have made gains on the diet while at the same time losing weight.

He managed to outlast me. I tired faster and was exhausted by about log 8. In fact the only reason we were capable of finishing the job was because I came up with a strategy that involved a wheelbarrow and patience. But I found that very interesting, the fact that a relatively out of shape guy had more energy than I did despite my physique.

I just ran out of energy
Tell you guys the truth, I'm just glad we didn't get too hurt. I say too hurt because we're both busted the fuck up
Link Posted: 5/29/2017 12:48:25 PM EDT
[#17]
Originally Posted By switchtanks:
So I had an interesting experience the other day and thought I'd share it with the class.

I'm currently in Seattle visiting family. My brother, who is about to graduate as a mechanical engineer is looking to fill his time by landscaping a friends house hold. He asks me if I'd be willing to help him for 20 bucks an hour. Sure, why not.

So I get there and this motherfucker wants me to help him move 16 350lbs logs about 300 feet over uneven and unpacked ground down a hill. No hand truck, no mechanical help, by hand.
Seems like a good idea right?
What could go wrong?

Any way, the little turd convinced me to do it, and here's the interesting part. He is about 50lbs overweight and I'm at my goal weight of 200lbs. I also lift regularly and have made gains on the diet while at the same time losing weight.

He managed to outlast me. I tired faster and was exhausted by about log 8. In fact the only reason we were capable of finishing the job was because I came up with a strategy that involved a wheelbarrow and patience. But I found that very interesting, the fact that a relatively out of shape guy had more energy than I did despite my physique.

I just ran out of energy
Tell you guys the truth, I'm just glad we didn't get too hurt. I say too hurt because we're both busted the fuck up
View Quote
What type of lifting are you conditioned to? If what you normally lift isn't similar to lifting and dragging logs in terms of time under load and your endurance, then you're not "fit" for that type of work.

Hockey players and cross country runners are both extremely fit, but the hockey player's conditioning is focused on balls to the wall sprint speed for 30-60 seconds at a time. Much different than cross country.

Same principle applies to lifting heavy things in a controlled set as opposed to lifting the same thing over a distance with varied terrain.
Link Posted: 5/29/2017 1:57:27 PM EDT
[#18]
Is anyone else on antisepressants, specifically Paxil and Buspar and not seeing results as fast as they would like?  I seem to be only down 6 pounds since starting May 1.
Link Posted: 5/29/2017 2:12:56 PM EDT
[#19]
Originally Posted By sordidmesh:
Is anyone else on antisepressants, specifically Paxil and Buspar and not seeing results as fast as they would like?  I seem to be only down 6 pounds since starting May 1.
View Quote
I don't know about the meds, but that pace is 1.5 lbs/week. That's pretty good.
Link Posted: 5/29/2017 2:35:57 PM EDT
[Last Edit: sordidmesh] [#20]
Originally Posted By grady:

I don't know about the meds, but that pace is 1.5 lbs/week. That's pretty good.
View Quote
Ok.  I will be happy about it then and carry on. I guess the 10-15 pounds lost in first month I hear about is not as common for everyone.
Link Posted: 5/29/2017 4:14:21 PM EDT
[#21]
Link Posted: 5/29/2017 5:07:11 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Qweevox] [#22]
My wife is down only 2lbs in two weeks.  She was disappointed with the progress thus far.
View All Quotes

Ok.  I will be happy about it then and carry on. I guess the 10-15 pounds lost in first month I hear about is not as common for everyone.
My wife is down only 2lbs in two weeks.  She was disappointed with the progress thus far.
Everyone's different.

Woman usually don't have the skeletal muscle mass men have.  A lot of folks don't consider the amount of glycogen stored in muscle tissue, because it's not shared with the rest of body, like the liver's glycogen stores.   But it's burned by the muscles it's in, and on a ketogenic diet it isn't replenished.  The skeletal muscles switch to burning ketone bodies as they burn through their glycogen stores and as a result water is lost.

Usually really overweight guys get the biggest initial drops on the scale.  They typically have lots of glycogen (and water) stores.  That's why they'll dump 10-20 lbs fast.

But it's not really "fat loss", most of it's water.   It's also why LCHF really isn't a quick fix.  Replenish your glycogen stores, and that first weight that was lost, will come back just as fast.
Link Posted: 5/29/2017 7:44:48 PM EDT
[#23]
View All Quotes

Two weeks is nothing when you're talking about long term change.

My wife was initially disappointed that she wasn't losing losing weight as fast as I was. She got extrememely frustrated in the first couple months based on what she saw on the scale. She was looking at it wrong. First, as a percentage of total body weight, her losses were not that far off from mine. But in absolute numbers, they don't sound as dramatic as mine. Second, women hold more fat even in their leanest state. Third, she is still losing, albeit more slowly than me, while being able to work into her diet: bacon, sausage, eggs, loads of vegetables in cream sauces, and all sorts of things she denied herself for years while she actually gained weight. Fourth, she feels better and isn't hungry.

By sticking with it and accepting the sometimes slow pace, she is now down 22 lbs since January and, more importantly feels better and never feels deprived.

Tell your wife to hang in there
Link Posted: 5/29/2017 10:30:07 PM EDT
[#24]
Anyone else splurging for the holiday, but within Keto rules?
Link Posted: 5/29/2017 11:10:55 PM EDT
[#25]
Originally Posted By MoparMike:
View Quote
I've gone so long without cheating now that the annoyance at possibly breaking a six month streak has begun to make it easy to avoid cheats. I want to maintain the streak more than I want to eat some rice.

Had a cup of raspberries with some whipped cream today for a snack and goddamn, my tastebuds are so deprived of sugar that they tasted like candy.

That said, when I hit one year in ketosis, I plan on stopping as an experiment and trying to go a few days eating 100-150g of carbs just to see what it feels like after so long without.
Link Posted: 5/29/2017 11:24:29 PM EDT
[#26]
Originally Posted By dog-meat:
I've gone so long without cheating now that the annoyance at possibly breaking a six month streak has begun to make it easy to avoid cheats. I want to maintain the streak more than I want to eat some rice.

Had a cup of raspberries with some whipped cream today for a snack and goddamn, my tastebuds are so deprived of sugar that they tasted like candy.

That said, when I hit one year in ketosis, I plan on stopping as an experiment and trying to go a few days eating 100-150g of carbs just to see what it feels like after so long without.
View All Quotes

My cheat is a T-bone with sauteed onions, mushrooms, and riced cauliflower in a Worcestershire cream sauce.
Link Posted: 5/30/2017 12:14:32 AM EDT
[#27]

My cheat is a T-bone with sauteed onions, mushrooms, and riced cauliflower in a Worcestershire cream sauce.
View Quote
Why do you consider that cheating?
Link Posted: 5/30/2017 12:24:19 AM EDT
[#28]
View Quote
I was wondering the same thing. That's a fairly normal meal for me, minus the worchestieishureasere cream sauce.
Link Posted: 5/30/2017 12:26:26 AM EDT
[#29]
Originally Posted By Credge:

I was wondering the same thing. That's a fairly normal meal for me, minus the worchestieishureasere cream sauce.
View Quote
The onions would add carbs, but not that many. Beats me. 
Link Posted: 5/30/2017 1:34:00 AM EDT
[#30]
View Quote
I splurged, but outside the rules. Between a ton of meat with who knows what spices, two slices of pie, whipped cream, blueberries, and 4-5 rum/diet Cokes, I'm feeling not great right now. Probably worse in the morning.

Already up like 5 lbs from Sunday.
Link Posted: 5/30/2017 7:33:36 AM EDT
[#31]

I splurged, but outside the rules. Between a ton of meat with who knows what spices, two slices of pie, whipped cream, blueberries, and 4-5 rum/diet Cokes, I'm feeling not great right now. Probably worse in the morning.

Already up like 5 lbs from Sunday.
View Quote
I did a cheat 'day' for 24 hrs....

Had beef ribs (OK), corn on the cob (not so ok) and mac n cheese (homemade, delicious but definitely not OK) Sunday PM (oh, and a small slice of pecan pie)....
Yesterday had biscuits and sausage gravy and hashbrowns for breakfast, BLTs for lunch and a Burger on a bun (brioche bun) along with white truffle fries  for an early dinner (still within 24 hrs)...none of which was OK...but I feel pretty good today, and I did work out Monday also.    

But, my cravings for carbs feel like they're gone (about a month and a half into a low carb diet, only had a few days early this month when I was out of town and went off it also)...and I'll weigh myself on the gym scale (for consistency) tomorrow and then at the beginning of next week to see what effect it had...(when I came back from being out of town, I suddenly dropped 5 lbs over the week after..after having stalled for a while)....

AFARR
Link Posted: 5/30/2017 9:13:39 AM EDT
[#32]
View All Quotes
I wasn't hungry, it was a buttload of protein,  and cream...like I said, 'within' the rules.
Link Posted: 5/30/2017 9:29:08 AM EDT
[#33]
I had too much wine with the wife, but hey, she was in the mood.....
Link Posted: 5/30/2017 9:36:42 AM EDT
[#34]
I cheated for the first time Sat. night, had a couple pieces of garlic cheese toast with my spaghetti sauce/meatballs at my weekly poker game when they served spaghetti. Still skipped the noodles but all that tomato and bread was way over the limit.

It didn't change the read on the pee strips much at all, never stopped spilling ketones. I lifted really hard the next day, set a couple personal bests actually, and was back into dark purple by afternoon.

I did pick up some water weight though, still down 15 lbs since easter, not counting the intro week before that where I dropped another 6lbs of water, wife is down 30lbs since easter as of this morning! My wife is the incredible shrinking woman, keto just fixed her right up, her labs are vastly improved, she feels great, she looks great, she was really starting to scare me the last couple years the way her health was deteriorating, she'd gained a ton of weight talking about losing the whole way, was sleeping 12 hours a day, no energy, depression...all much better.
Link Posted: 5/30/2017 4:14:57 PM EDT
[#35]
I hit a new low (1 pound from a minor milestone) leading into the holiday and today I'm up 5 pounds from that in carb bloat.  One night was Pizza Pie dinner followed by great Fried Chicken with mashed taters swimming in gravy the next night, it was so delicious.  Now back into the grind today.

I love the carb/sodium bloat roller coaster of weakness.
If I'm lucky, I may gain an extra half pound loss or so once stabilized in a few days.
Link Posted: 5/30/2017 6:15:58 PM EDT
[#36]

View Quote
I'm kind of at that point as well. I hit my goal weight of 200 lbs two days ago . After 5 months of sticking to it i dropped 24 lbs. I'm one the fence about whether of not I want to continue with the diet for much longer. On the one hand I could still lose another 10 lbs and look fantastic, or I could transition to a Atkins types of diet with a carbs allowance of about 100 or so carbs a day.

We'll see
Link Posted: 5/30/2017 7:36:25 PM EDT
[Last Edit: FreeFloater] [#37]

On the one hand I could still lose another 10 lbs and look fantastic, or I could transition to a Atkins types of diet with a carbs allowance of about 100 or so carbs a day.

We'll see
View Quote
I'm sorta in that 75 gram per day range right now and considering going full keto. I have some logistics to work out before doing so.  

A serving of cashews is like 9 grams of carbs... My morning yogurt has like 18, and my lunch fiber bar has about 16.  Those 3 things must be eliminated if I'm to go keto.

Oh yeah, the cauli-tots (cauliflower tater tots) I frequently eat with dinner have like 15 grams.

Would someone who's adapted to 75g for 6 weeks have an easier transition into keto than the average person? I would think that my glycogen reserves aren't nearly as full as they were at the beginning of the year.
Link Posted: 5/30/2017 7:49:27 PM EDT
[#38]
Originally Posted By FreeFloater:

I'm sorta in that 75 gram per day range right now and considering going full keto. I have some logistics to work out before doing so.  

A serving of cashews is like 9 grams of carbs... My morning yogurt has like 18, and my lunch fiber bar has about 16.  Those 3 things must be eliminated if I'm to go keto.

Oh yeah, the cauli-tots (cauliflower tater tots) I frequently eat with dinner have like 15 grams.

Would someone who's adapted to 75g for 6 weeks have an easier transition into keto than the average person? I would think that my glycogen reserves aren't nearly as full as they were at the beginning of the year.
View Quote
You know, at 75 carbs per day I would think that you are right on the cusp of going into ketosis anyway. I think there are a couple guys on here that can maintain ketosis at even higher carb limits, but they have been adapted for quite some time. I think it depends on how active you are as well. Like someone who works out throughout the week may have a higher carb limit than someone who doesn't.

I just jumped into it feet first. keto flu hit me pretty hard the over the next week. I was on the road and at one point I couldn't even get out of bed, but I don't think you'd have anywhere near that experience
Link Posted: 5/30/2017 9:00:42 PM EDT
[#39]

You know, at 75 carbs per day I would think that you are right on the cusp of going into ketosis anyway. I think there are a couple guys on here that can maintain ketosis at even higher carb limits, but they have been adapted for quite some time. I think it depends on how active you are as well. Like someone who works out throughout the week may have a higher carb limit than someone who doesn't.

I just jumped into it feet first. keto flu hit me pretty hard the over the next week. I was on the road and at one point I couldn't even get out of bed, but I don't think you'd have anywhere near that experience
View Quote
If you're only eating 75g, 300 kcals, from carbs, I assure you, you're spending most of your day in ketosis.  Again, it's just math.

You're two primary energy macros are fat or carbs.  If you aren't eating enough carbs to fuel your day, your going to have to utilize fat.  

At 75g you're probably not even maxing out the liver's capasity to store glycogen.  Much less your skeletal muscles.
Link Posted: 5/30/2017 9:16:16 PM EDT
[#40]

View Quote
Are you counting fiber?

Cashews don't have much but if you go for almonds or pecans they have a good bit of fiber which doesn't count going keto.

Certainly axe the protein bar. Eat meat. Yogurt is kinda meh too. I like heavy cream and espresso in the morning.

Cauliflower is keto friendlyish, most of the carbs are fiber.

I can hit over 100 grams a day of carbs and still be in my macro range. Enough nuts, avocado and blackberries and you can be over 100 with only like 20 net grams of carbs.
Link Posted: 5/30/2017 9:31:35 PM EDT
[#41]
Just anecdotal observations, but I don't think women respond as well to keto as men do.  There could be any number of reasons, including thyroid issues, which I suspect are more prevalent in females.
Link Posted: 5/30/2017 9:51:42 PM EDT
[#42]
Originally Posted By Sundowner08L:
Just anecdotal observations, but I don't think women respond as well to keto as men do.  There could be any number of reasons, including thyroid issues, which I suspect are more prevalent in females.
View Quote
While my wife hasn't lost as much as I have on keto, I know other women who've made my rate of weight loss look like a snail's pace.

Everybody's different.  I've seen incredible weight loss from women doing Atkins back in the day.
Link Posted: 5/31/2017 6:46:36 AM EDT
[#43]

View Quote
There is a yogurt made by Yoplait that only has 11 carbs per container.
Link Posted: 5/31/2017 10:31:31 AM EDT
[#44]
Link Posted: 5/31/2017 10:45:39 AM EDT
[#45]
Originally Posted By Ras_Thavas:
View Quote
I tried it the other day, tastes like crap (to me at least).
Link Posted: 5/31/2017 11:05:07 AM EDT
[#46]
Originally Posted By planovet:
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By planovet:
Originally Posted By Ras_Thavas:
Make your own.....whole milk (or a mix of whole milk and cream), plain yogurt as a starter.   I use some powdered milk (to make it thicker without straining it), add vanilla and a bit of liquid drops (I have stevia and splenda...forgot which I used)...
Link Posted: 6/1/2017 10:34:02 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Snags] [#47]
4lbs down at this weeks weigh-in, 14lbs to go!
Can u tell when I got serious with keto:

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 6/1/2017 10:56:56 AM EDT
[#48]
Stressed out and travelling right now. My diet is suffering. I'll be home in a few days, I suspect I'll regret my eating decisions when I jump on the scale.
Link Posted: 6/1/2017 11:28:17 AM EDT
[#49]
Originally Posted By Stingray:

https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/194/IMG-20170601-103731-221032.JPG
View Quote
I'm gonna guess 4/8.... What do I win.
Link Posted: 6/1/2017 2:53:20 PM EDT
[#50]
Originally Posted By Stingray:

https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/194/IMG-20170601-103731-221032.JPG
View Quote
Good job!
What did you do to break that 3 week stall?
Page / 349
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top