Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

They need to hurry up and go the way of the dodo or just quit dicking things up
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Based on their tax records, NFATCA has been dying a slow and steady death since 2001.

Hopefully this will put that festering association of scoundrels and ATF puppets out of its misery.

More importantly, we need their member list to find out which companies and which individuals are actively working to screw the rest of the population.
Link Posted: 5/10/2016 11:11:12 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:

More importantly, we need their member list to find out which companies and which individuals are actively working to screw the rest of the population.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Based on their tax records, NFATCA has been dying a slow and steady death since 2001.

Hopefully this will put that festering association of scoundrels and ATF puppets out of its misery.

THIS

Then we can go scorched earth on the bastards.
Link Posted: 5/10/2016 11:18:17 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:

THIS

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

THIS

Do they vote their board like NRA? Something we could flood and shut down?
Link Posted: 5/10/2016 11:18:44 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:  If a trade organization represents business members and gets a government agency to implement rules that are anticompetitive, is that legal? It seems like the sort of behavior that would fall into antitrust law.
View Quote

Sadly, that's just politics.
Link Posted: 5/10/2016 11:23:47 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

THIS

The NFATCA is so insignificant and tiny that most of us could buy it, were it a business put up for sale, without much of a second thought.

To put it in perspective - the NFATCA's annual revenue is less than most attorney or doctors pay in federal taxes per year.

It is a mosquito. Annoying, but tiny and made for the purpose of squashing.
Link Posted: 5/11/2016 12:46:32 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

THIS

They would form a new group and continue their trouble making.
Link Posted: 5/11/2016 12:49:19 AM EDT
[#7]
In on 6.
Hate NFATCA. Love me some Nolo threads.
Link Posted: 5/11/2016 6:52:04 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

A group of people who invested in NFA (MGs) who support the ATF and the NFA so that they can protect their special status, and by proxy, their investments.

They also don't think that commoners should have easy access to NFA stuff...only the "right people."
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Cliffs noted on who nfatca is and what they're all about?

A group of people who invested in NFA (MGs) who support the ATF and the NFA so that they can protect their special status, and by proxy, their investments.

They also don't think that commoners should have easy access to NFA stuff...only the "right people."

Never had heard of them before this thread...

Well, fuck those guys.

I want to see what Nolo digs up.
Link Posted: 5/11/2016 7:03:40 AM EDT
[#9]

THIS

The NFATCA is so insignificant and tiny that most of us could buy it, were it a business put up for sale, without much of a second thought.

To put it in perspective - the NFATCA's annual revenue is less than most attorney or doctors pay in federal taxes per year.

It is a mosquito. Annoying, but tiny and made for the purpose of squashing.
View Quote

A group like this needs to be crushed out of existence.
Link Posted: 5/11/2016 12:40:23 PM EDT
[#10]
Were they behind the attempted M855 ammo ban?
Link Posted: 5/11/2016 12:45:10 PM EDT
[#11]
Link Posted: 5/11/2016 12:55:33 PM EDT
[#12]
You are the wind beneath my wings...
Link Posted: 5/12/2016 9:40:30 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

Sure. Hand crafted it.

(hey, they lie, I can lie)
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Were they behind the attempted M855 ammo ban?

Sure. Hand crafted it.

(hey, they lie, I can lie)

You say that in jest, but let's wait and see who put that particular bug in the ATF's ear. Frankly, I wouldn't be shocked if they truly were the root cause.
Link Posted: 5/12/2016 3:48:11 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

I understand the individuals wanting to protect their NFA investments but why would companies conspire to make it more difficult to buy their products?  Unless you mean dealers that would get stuck with a bunch of over priced inventory.  

ETA: not trying to be argumentative here just curious
Link Posted: 5/12/2016 3:49:34 PM EDT
[#15]
Those fucking faggots...
Link Posted: 5/12/2016 3:58:48 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

I understand the individuals wanting to protect their NFA investments but why would companies conspire to make it more difficult to buy their products?  Unless you mean dealers that would get stuck with a bunch of over priced inventory.  

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

If I want you to buy my $800 suppressor, would it not be good for me if you can't buy a $10 threaded end cap, engrave it, and make your own using an oil filter or other cheap parts?
Link Posted: 5/12/2016 4:27:16 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

If I want you to buy my $800 suppressor, would it not be good for me if you can't buy a $10 threaded end cap, engrave it, and make your own using an oil filter or other cheap parts?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

I hadn't thought about that, then again I've got so many other irons in the fire building a suppressor hadn't even crossed my mind.  A cheap .22 home built wouldn't be bad idea.  It might be cheaper and easier to just swap out the baffles instead of cleaning it.    

When I bought my last suppressor the dealer, who had some .22 cans for $100, had a good point.  As long as you have to pay $200 for the tax stamp, cheap suppressors will never really sell well.   The $100 cans were by some small time outfit and I was told they were a rougher finish and cheaper baffle design.  I spent an extra $135 for a Warlock.  

Link Posted: 5/12/2016 4:28:09 PM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:

In.
View Quote
Me too

Link Posted: 5/12/2016 9:27:35 PM EDT
[#19]
When said entities are found out.  Forward list to site staff mu ha ha.
Link Posted: 5/12/2016 10:15:34 PM EDT
[#20]
eta don't know how I got in the wrong thread
Link Posted: 5/12/2016 10:25:04 PM EDT
[#21]
Nolo FTMFW!
Link Posted: 5/12/2016 11:36:32 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
eta don't know how I got in the wrong thread
View Quote

No, this is the right thread...continue on.
Link Posted: 5/13/2016 8:07:55 AM EDT
[#23]
Let's see where this goes.
Link Posted: 5/13/2016 8:40:18 AM EDT
[#24]
Captured for posterity  

Link Posted: 5/13/2016 8:45:02 AM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
Is this one of those We Have Seen The Enemy And He Is Us deals?
View Quote

They aren't us.
Link Posted: 5/13/2016 10:15:06 AM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:

Sorry for the off topic question. When do the ballots come out and when is the election?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Nolo really should be on the board of directors of some pro firearms organization.

He is running for the NRA board this year.
There is a thread somewhere

Sorry for the off topic question. When do the ballots come out and when is the election?

NRA is still offering life time membership for $600. I just called and signed up, hopefully I'll be able to vote this year.
Link Posted: 5/13/2016 11:14:08 AM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
Captured for posterity  

View Quote

I suspect there are other petitions that he doesn't think you need to know about.  
Link Posted: 5/13/2016 1:41:16 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:

I suspect there are other petitions that he doesn't think you need to know about.  
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Captured for posterity  

http://i.imgur.com/U5tOFs5.jpg

Like his confidential informant (CI) file and petition for payment of his 20 pieces of silver that he traded for our rights.
Link Posted: 5/13/2016 1:56:48 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

The Companies arent making any money..the DEALERS are....Buy Cheap, sit on them for a couple of years...double your investment when you sell it.  Look at just the last TWO years and how much prices have jumped on what used to be the "Affordable" MG's (M-11, M-10, S&W 76, AM-180, Sremple Tube Guns)  Not to mention DIAS and LLs
Link Posted: 5/16/2016 11:12:57 PM EDT
[#30]
I go away for a week and all hell breaks lose... IN.
Link Posted: 5/16/2016 11:49:20 PM EDT
[#31]
Did anyone look at their membership dues?

Lifetime Membership -Lifetime Members shall be those members whose contribution to the Association is in the amount of $25,000 and whose membership is approved by the Board of Directors.  This contribution may be paid in installments, but must be paid in full within five years.  Lifetime members shall pay no annual membership dues.
View Quote

Plankholder Membership -Plankholder Members shall be those members whose one time contribution to the Association is $5,000 and whose membership is approved by the Board of Directors.  This contribution may be paid in installments, but must be paid in full  within one year. Plankholder Members shall pay annual membership dues in the amount of $1,000.

Silver Patron Membership -Silver Members shall be those members whose initial contribution to the Association is $1,000 and whose membership is approved by the Board of Directors.  Silver Members shall pay annual membership dues in the amount of $1,000.

Benefactor Membership -Dealer  Members  shall  be  those  members  whose  initial  contribution  to  the  Association  is  $500  and  whose membership is approved by the Board of Directors.  Dealer Members shall pay annual membership dues in the amount of $500.

Supporting Membership -Collector Members shall be those members whose initial contribution to the Association is $250 and whose

membership is approved by the Board of Directors. Collector Members shall pay annual membership dues in the amount of $250.

Associate –Associate Members  shall  be  those  members  whose  initial  contribution  to  the  Association  is  $50  and  whose  membership  is approved by the Board of Directors. Associate Members shall pay annual membership dues in the amount of $50

Link Posted: 5/17/2016 12:01:32 AM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:

Plankholder Membership -Plankholder Members shall be those members whose one time contribution to the Association is $5,000 and whose membership is approved by the Board of Directors.  This contribution may be paid in installments, but must be paid in full  within one year. Plankholder Members shall pay annual membership dues in the amount of $1,000.
Silver Patron Membership -Silver Members shall be those members whose initial contribution to the Association is $1,000 and whose membership is approved by the Board of Directors.  Silver Members shall pay annual membership dues in the amount of $1,000.
Benefactor Membership -Dealer  Members  shall  be  those  members  whose  initial  contribution  to  the  Association  is  $500  and  whose membership is approved by the Board of Directors.  Dealer Members shall pay annual membership dues in the amount of $500.
Supporting Membership -Collector Members shall be those members whose initial contribution to the Association is $250 and whose
membership is approved by the Board of Directors. Collector Members shall pay annual membership dues in the amount of $250.
Associate –Associate Members  shall  be  those  members  whose  initial  contribution  to  the  Association  is  $50  and  whose  membership  is approved by the Board of Directors. Associate Members shall pay annual membership dues in the amount of $50

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Lifetime Membership -Lifetime Members shall be those members whose contribution to the Association is in the amount of $25,000 and whose membership is approved by the Board of Directors.  This contribution may be paid in installments, but must be paid in full within five years.  Lifetime members shall pay no annual membership dues.

Fuck that.
Link Posted: 5/17/2016 12:05:32 AM EDT
[#33]
You're truly a man among men. My greatest appreciation NOLO. If ever in the Springs please PM me, I'd like to buy you a drink and say thank you in face.
Link Posted: 5/17/2016 9:45:03 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:

membership is approved by the Board of Directors
. Collector Members shall pay annual membership dues in the amount of $250.
View All Quotes
Quoted:

membership is approved by the Board of Directors
. Collector Members shall pay annual membership dues in the amount of $250.

What an eminently reasonable membership requirement.
Link Posted: 5/18/2016 12:58:27 PM EDT
[#35]
Don't forget the ATF informant group will have a booth at the upcoming NRA convention
Link Posted: 5/18/2016 1:55:02 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:
Don't forget the ATF informant group will have a booth at the upcoming NRA convention
View Quote

I haven't forgotten. I intend to get as many fliers as possible and deposit them in the circular file. If I'm not too busy I might waste prodigious amounts of time talking to them so they can't talk to people that don't know any better.
Link Posted: 5/18/2016 4:06:33 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:
View Quote

Damn it.  The time I am not going to the convention and "near" me, I learn this.  Many people from here should say hi to them.
Link Posted: 5/18/2016 10:43:24 PM EDT
[#38]
In what states was a trust not acceptable for NFA? I saw at least one in another thread.
Link Posted: 5/18/2016 11:54:07 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:  In what states was a trust not acceptable for NFA? I saw at least one in another thread.
View Quote

Illinois.  In order to own an SBR/SBS, they have to hold a C&R.  Trusts/corps can't hold a C&R FFL, so they have to file individually.  Obama's signature gun control measure largely has the effect of legalizing SBRs in his home state.
Link Posted: 5/19/2016 12:04:47 AM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Know what I notice more than the $ amount?

Everyone has to be approved by the board.

In other words, Even if you come up with the $, which is steep.....you have to be known well enough by someone with leverage within the group to get in.

It is a closed club of like minded people.....not that I think that is illegal.....but it does show a certain belief that they are insular and think only the right people should participate, and I am willing to bet that ,nobody who is accepted is believed to think that the NFA is a bad thing.
Link Posted: 5/19/2016 8:18:57 AM EDT
[#41]
Link Posted: 5/19/2016 8:22:58 AM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:

LLCs can hold a FFL. Mine used to do so when it was a requirement in MO for NFA ownership.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:  In what states was a trust not acceptable for NFA? I saw at least one in another thread.

Illinois.  In order to own an SBR/SBS, they have to hold a C&R.  Trusts/corps can't hold a C&R FFL, so they have to file individually.  Obama's signature gun control measure largely has the effect of legalizing SBRs in his home state.

LLCs can hold a FFL. Mine used to do so when it was a requirement in MO for NFA ownership.

Now THAT is interesting.  Did it hold a C&R, or a regular business FFL?
Link Posted: 5/19/2016 8:46:33 AM EDT
[#43]
Link Posted: 5/19/2016 10:13:07 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:

A C&R, which at the time fulfilled the MO requirement for a FFL.

And one would think that if a LLC can hold a 03 license it should be able to hold a 01 license.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:  Now THAT is interesting.  Did it hold a C&R, or a regular business FFL?

A C&R, which at the time fulfilled the MO requirement for a FFL.

And one would think that if a LLC can hold a 03 license it should be able to hold a 01 license.

I have been misled then.  Thanks for the info.
Link Posted: 5/20/2016 7:37:43 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:

View Quote

Yes, an LLC can hold an FFL.  I've seen me do it.   FFL07 and FFL08 here.
Link Posted: 5/22/2016 8:22:09 AM EDT
[#46]
Link Posted: 5/22/2016 8:31:51 AM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:
So ATF sent me a letter saying they received my foia and assigned it a complex track. The public liaison listed, Stephanie Boucher, has ignored my phone calls for the last three months in a separate foia case so who knows what this means other than they stopped the clock for a bit.
View Quote

How long can they do that for?
Link Posted: 5/22/2016 8:33:35 AM EDT
[#48]
Give em hell Nolo.

Anyone who thinks the NFATCA is a pro gun organization is sadly mistaken, they are a collectors organization, only interested in protecting there investments and maintaining the "exclusivity" of NFA to the rich elite.
Link Posted: 5/22/2016 8:35:07 AM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:
So ATF sent me a letter saying they received my foia and assigned it a complex track. The public liaison listed, Stephanie Boucher, has ignored my phone calls for the last three months in a separate foia case so who knows what this means other than they stopped the clock for a bit.
View Quote

Exactly what I expected would happen.  20 days?  Haha, not with those idiots
Link Posted: 5/22/2016 8:35:48 AM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I was not aware that the clock on a FOIA could be stopped.
Page / 14
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top