Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 4
Link Posted: 4/21/2016 8:13:50 PM EDT
[#1]
OK, what is banking and I know the Joos had nothing to do with it.
Link Posted: 4/21/2016 8:17:07 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

Don't ever bother.

GD's all like, but 'dem titties!  She looked 18 and said so.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Funny thing is that that 19 yo dude who had consensual sex with that girl will face similar jail time in the end and probably have equal or worse stigma to deal with than these murderers will.

Justice is a funny thing, isn't it?

Actually, he didn't have consensual sex.  In order to have consensual sex, both parties must have the capacity to consent.  In this case, the underaged girl agreed to have sex; she didn't consent, because she lacked that capacity due to her age.

Don't ever bother.

GD's all like, but 'dem titties!  She looked 18 and said so.

I've gotten to the point that I kinda enjoy shoveling shit upstream.  I should  probably see someone about that.
Link Posted: 4/21/2016 8:17:57 PM EDT
[#3]
bummer
Link Posted: 4/21/2016 8:22:11 PM EDT
[#4]
The kids need the Christopher Reeves treatment and their parents killed
Link Posted: 4/21/2016 8:30:13 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
EMS wearing armor should tell you everything you need to know...
View Quote

Came to say exactly this
Link Posted: 4/21/2016 8:37:07 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

Actually, he didn't have consensual sex.  In order to have consensual sex, both parties must have the capacity to consent.  In this case, the underaged girl agreed to have sex; she didn't consent, because she lacked that capacity due to her age.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Funny thing is that that 19 yo dude who had consensual sex with that girl will face similar jail time in the end and probably have equal or worse stigma to deal with than these murderers will.

Under law they must have the "capacity" to consent. It doesn't change the definition of the word.  

Consent
verb (used without object)
to permit, approve, or agree; comply or yield (often followed by to or an infinitive):

noun
permission, approval, or agreement; compliance; acquiescence

They did in fact have consensual sex. However they did not have legal sex as deemed by law; nor was it right.
Link Posted: 4/21/2016 8:40:33 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
View Quote

Seriously
Link Posted: 4/21/2016 8:40:41 PM EDT
[#8]
That's fucking disgusting!

A little girl woke up this morning, she bathed and got dressed for school and

then got beaten to death before class even started. Jesus Christ!

Link Posted: 4/21/2016 8:43:28 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:
Under law they must have the "capacity" to consent. It doesn't change the definition of the word.  

Consent

to permit, approve, or agree; comply or yield (often followed by to or an infinitive):

noun

They did in fact have consensual sex. However they did not have legal sex as deemed by law; nor was it right.
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Consent

noun

Since you're talking about a legal matter, the legal definition of the word prevails.

So, in fact or at law, there was no consent.

Link Posted: 4/21/2016 8:47:09 PM EDT
[#11]
Fights have come a long way since my day....

Link Posted: 4/21/2016 8:54:30 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

Since you're talking about a legal matter, the legal definition of the word prevails.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Consent

noun

Prove that to me. Id like you to show me where the legal definition of a word can be changed from the actual definition of the word. This is not some sort of "smartass" comment, I would legitimately like to know.

She was unable to legally consent due to her age as the law supersedes her ability to legally consent. It doesn't mean she still did not actually consent.
Link Posted: 4/21/2016 8:58:02 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

Prove that to me. Id like you to show me where the legal definition of a word can be changed from the actual definition of the word. This is not some sort of "smartass" comment, I would legitimately like to know.

She was unable to legally consent due to her age as the law supersedes her ability to legally consent. It doesn't mean she still did not actually consent.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Consent

noun

If you bothered to read the law, you would find almost every section has text along the lines of "For the purposes of this section, rape is defined as ____, consent is defined as ____, sexual assault _____" etc, to ensure that everyone would know exactly what the law is talking about.

Kharn
Link Posted: 4/21/2016 8:58:06 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
View Quote

Meh, perpetrator/victim, most times it's a roll of the dice in cases like these.
Link Posted: 4/21/2016 9:01:34 PM EDT
[#15]
View Quote

Are you saying what I think you're saying that I was already thinking?
Link Posted: 4/21/2016 9:06:15 PM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:

Meh, perpetrator/victim, most times it's a roll of the dice in cases like these.
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Yeah, well "maybe" but, She was a kid.  Kids say and do stupid shit.

I just think it's a shame that she died.  Godspeed to her.

Link Posted: 4/21/2016 9:07:03 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
If you bothered to read the law, you would find almost every section has text along the lines of "For the purposes of this section, rape is defined as ____, consent is defined as ____, sexual assault _____" etc, to ensure that everyone would know exactly what the law is talking about.

Kharn
View Quote

I think you're missing the point. The point is the actual definition of the word of consent means to agree. Jane said she didn't agree, she verbally agreed to it even though she wasn't legally able. It does not change the fact that she did agree.

Link Posted: 4/21/2016 9:13:55 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

View Quote

Welcome to the third world mindset.
Link Posted: 4/21/2016 9:18:03 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Consent

noun

Happens more than you would think.

Here's one example:

82-1. Definitions.
For the purposes of this chapter, the following words and terms shall include the meanings established herein:
FIREARM — Any gun, shotgun, rifle, pistol, revolver, bow and arrow or other device from which a bullet, shot, ball, slug, pellet, solid projectile or other missile or any gas, vapor or other noxious thing is propelled.

The standard definition, and the legal definition in most places, is a weapon that discharges a projectile by the action of an explosive or combustible propellant. Hence the "fire" part of firearm.

There are several places where bows/crossbows are legally defined as firearms, despite not being an actual firearm in any way.

Link Posted: 4/21/2016 9:22:55 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

Consent

noun

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Consent

noun

There is the legal definition of "consent" and the  Merrian-Webster definition. Since the young man won't be tried by M-W, it's definition is irrelevant.  Using the latter in connection with a legal matter involving sexual activity is, at best, inappropriate, if not a deliberate effort at obfuscation.

Link Posted: 4/21/2016 9:29:15 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

And in some places, kids do violent and deadly shit... as a matter of routine. In some places, the "kids" are really fuckin' dangerous.
Link Posted: 4/21/2016 9:30:49 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:

I think you're missing the point. The point is the actual definition of the word of consent means to agree. Jane said she didn't agree, she verbally agreed to it even though she wasn't legally able. It does not change the fact that she did agree.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Kharn

Patently false.  I said she agreed, but did not consent. The words have different meanings in the context of a criminal action involving sexual behavior.  You obviously know this as well as I do.  Why are you persisting in making yourself look like a pettifogging fool?
Link Posted: 4/21/2016 9:30:58 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
Meh  one less future single mom
View Quote

Link Posted: 4/21/2016 9:34:27 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:

There is the legal definition of "consent" and the  Merrian-Webster definition. Since the young man won't be tried by M-W, it's definition is irrelevant.  Using the latter in connection with a legal matter involving sexual activity is, at best, inappropriate, if not a deliberate effort at obfuscation.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Consent

noun

If anything you're being deliberately obfuscated.That happens when you say things like "she agreed" but didn't consent. The M-W definition is 100% relevant when using it in a normal conversation while you make contradictory statements. I'm not saying you're intentionally being obtuse, but you certainly have the ubiquitous traits of someone who is.

Link Posted: 4/21/2016 9:35:33 PM EDT
[#25]
I lived in Wilmington up until Jan of this year.

It's an amazing 3rd world cesspit in a slightly suburban area.
Link Posted: 4/21/2016 9:36:34 PM EDT
[#26]
I mean, legal consent or not, it wasn't forcible.  She agreed to it, her parents got pissy, and the justice system is so fucked up that he'll face just as bad a punishment as murderers.  

That wasn't a case of her coming to a party, him drugging her, raping her, and then getting caught.  Arbitrary and capricious law screwed them both over.

There shouldn't be any question in anyone's mind that what happened in that case isn't even registering on the give a fuck meter compared to this murder.  The law should square itself with that.  The problem is zero-tolerance law.
Link Posted: 4/21/2016 9:37:20 PM EDT
[#27]

Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Consent

noun

Go to your public library.

Get Black's Law dictionary.

Get Webster's dictionary.

Look up legal sounding words in Webster's and then Black's.

There will be a big difference because Webster's deals in common vernacular.

Black's deals in what are called "terms of art".

Ignorance of the law is no excuse.  If you go by Webster's, you're gonna fry.  Every time.
Link Posted: 4/21/2016 9:38:17 PM EDT
[#28]

Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Consent

noun

So if a 2 year old says "okay", it's consensual sex.  You're plainly and sadly ignorant.

Link Posted: 4/21/2016 9:38:59 PM EDT
[#29]

Quoted:

Kharn
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Consent

noun

Kharn

Section 101 Definitions.   (in basically every statute there is.)

Link Posted: 4/21/2016 9:41:17 PM EDT
[#30]

Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Kharn

In legal terms, this "fact" is not a relevant one.  Your whole argument is (legally) irrelevant.

By "relevant" I mean it does not tend to prove or disprove a material fact at issue.

The "material" fact is the fact as defined by law.
Link Posted: 4/21/2016 9:42:46 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:
So if a 2 year old says "okay", it's consensual sex.  You're plainly and sadly ignorant.

View Quote

I in no way ever said it was right. Don't be a fool.
Link Posted: 4/21/2016 9:47:08 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:

View Quote

I don't want to continue to go too far down this road, as the thread is getting pretty off-topic.

But there's a pretty big difference between a toddler and s healthy, sexually mature and aware teenager.  If the law has an exception for those within 2 years of age, it seems to imply that she can at least consent to SOMEONE.  If she can for one, why not another.  She either can or can't
Link Posted: 4/21/2016 9:48:53 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:

In legal terms, this "fact" is not a relevant one.  Your whole argument is (legally) irrelevant.

By "relevant" I mean it does not tend to prove or disprove a material fact at issue.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Kharn

I'm arguing about the use of a word in standard English conversation.

You're arguing over its "legal" definition inside a court room.

I'm playing baseball, you're playing soccer.

I'm not arguing that she could not legally consent, and that he will be tried and found guilty of statutory rape. I am arguing that the word consent, has a universally know standard definition that means agree.

This is now wildly off topic and its my fault, and for that I apologize.
Link Posted: 4/21/2016 10:18:23 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:

If anything you're being deliberately obfuscated.That happens when you say things like "she agreed" but didn't consent. The M-W definition is 100% relevant when using it in a normal conversation while you make contradictory statements. I'm not saying you're intentionally being obtuse, but you certainly have the ubiquitous traits of someone who is.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Consent

noun

You are apparently as unfamiliar with the proper use of "obfuscate" as you are of "consent".  Because, if, as you say, I was "obfuscated", then you did the "obfuscating".  I am saying you're being deliberately obtuse. "Agree" and "consent" have very different meanings in the context of sex between an adult and a person below the age of consent.  

If the girl hadn't agreed - by word or deed - to have sex, the young man would almost certainly be looking at twenty to life for forcible rape.  As it was, she, by definition, didn't consent, so he was charged with the lesser crime of statutory rape which carries the lesser sentence of two to twenty.  Obviously, there is a difference in meaning between the two words.

This really isn't complicated.  It is only your insistance on playing baseball on a soccer field that is making it so.

Link Posted: 4/21/2016 10:42:53 PM EDT
[#35]
we are fooked

buy ammo

picture the scene in blackhawk down where they bum rush the downed helicopter, continously

buy ammo

Link Posted: 4/21/2016 10:52:00 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:

F'n bankers!!
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
"Banking"?

If it is ghetto English don't bother explaining.

F'n bankers!!

Feel the Bern!

Link Posted: 4/21/2016 10:58:29 PM EDT
[#37]

Quoted:
The Jews did this?/
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

"Banking"?

If it is ghetto English don't bother explaining.

F'n bankers!!

The Jews did this?/

Awesome.

Link Posted: 4/21/2016 11:00:22 PM EDT
[#38]
No child deserves to get beaten to death in the bathroom of their school.  
Link Posted: 4/21/2016 11:08:13 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:
At first, I was going to post a flippant "Bitches be crazy, yo" response, but fuck.  A 15 year old girl, killed in a fucking bathroom brawl, fighting against a pack of remorseless bullies.  I just don't have the heart.  I hope every one of the savages gets their just rewards.  Ain't holding my breath though.
View Quote

the fight was over a boy and that the victim was fighting with another girl in a bathroom when she was jumped
Link Posted: 4/21/2016 11:18:59 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:
View Quote

Wilmington (aka Killmington) is affectionately known as A Place To Be Some Body. Some of the recently renovated areas and more affluent areas are perfectly safe during the day. At night I just avoid the city, no need to go there. Wilmington's affluent business area and very poor row homes are surprisingly close, as in just a block or two apart. I actually listed visiting businesses in Wilmington as one of the reasons I desired a CCDW license.
Link Posted: 4/21/2016 11:35:37 PM EDT
[#41]
Now, did the victim "hit her head" or was her head slammed into the sink?

The witness was in on it!
Link Posted: 4/21/2016 11:37:12 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:
Must be a real zoo around there.
View Quote

A zoo is safer....
Link Posted: 4/22/2016 12:01:46 AM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Meh  one less future single mom

he is correct
Link Posted: 4/22/2016 12:03:11 AM EDT
[#44]
fucking savages
Link Posted: 4/22/2016 12:51:23 AM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:

Holy shit.

How common is this?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Holy shit.

How common is this?

At my old station in the ghetto, pretty damn often.

We got a new Battalion Chief, he said something along the lines of:  I have worn my ballistic vest more in the 3 months I have worked up here than in the last 6 or 7 years that we have had this shit.

I just moved to a very nice station a few weeks ago
Link Posted: 4/22/2016 12:56:41 AM EDT
[#46]

View All Quotes
Quoted:

demographics

The racial makeup of the city was 58.0% African American
Well I am done with this thread.
Link Posted: 4/22/2016 12:57:17 AM EDT
[#47]
every  one of those stupid little cunts should face the death penalty......and make it tomorrow.

I have no sympathy for these little shits.....you should not either.
Link Posted: 4/22/2016 1:27:21 AM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
demographics

The racial makeup of the city was 58.0% African American

Can't blame you.
Link Posted: 4/22/2016 1:37:59 AM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:

View Quote

Link Posted: 4/22/2016 1:45:17 AM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:
Was the sink white?  

View Quote

Not after the head got cracked on it.

It is pretty shitty to start your day by going to school and then never making it home again.
Page / 4
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top