Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 7
Link Posted: 4/14/2016 3:55:03 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

Truly, pizza and ice cream is something everyone can get behind.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
I would be happy if I could eat pizza and ice cream every day.  Just throwing that out there because I'm hungry at the moment.

Hey...there's an idea!

meh
Link Posted: 4/14/2016 3:55:56 PM EDT
[#2]
This thread is easy to masturbate to.

Posted Via AR15.Com Mobile
Link Posted: 4/14/2016 4:01:45 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:

there's something in the air today
View Quote

And now you have me thinking about Krispy Kreme.  I saw their doughnut of the month is Snickerdoodle.
Link Posted: 4/14/2016 4:01:54 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
I just wanted to say that regardless of who is right and who is wrong.  It is never ok to quote Conscious Men.  Cause that shit sounds gay.

Amazon:
About the Author
John Gray is the leading relationship expert in the world. His relationship and health books have sold over 50 million copies in 50 different languages. His groundbreaking book, Men Are from Mars, Women Are from Venus, is the #1 best-selling relationship book of all time. John helps men and women better understand and respect their differences in both personal and professional relationships. He lives in Northern California with his wife of 30 years, Bonnie. They have three grown daughters and four grandchildren. Arjuna Ardagh is the founder of Awakening Coaching, a writer and public speaker. He is the author of eight books, including the 2005 #1 national bestseller The Translucent Revolution, and Better than Sex, the complete introduction to Awakening Coaching. He has been a speaker at conferences all over the world, including at Google and the United Nations. He lives with his wife, Chameli, in California. They have two grown sons, as well as the world’s most enlightened cat.
View Quote

OOPS
http://www.ar15.com/forums/t_1_5/1858416_What_does_masculinity_mean_in_today_s_world__Notes_from_Conscious_Men.html
Link Posted: 4/14/2016 4:02:26 PM EDT
[#5]
You can't tell me that a single woman on vacation or out of town for work, who knows dam well she's going to have sex with a guy she's never going to see again is some how hurting herself because she wants to enjoy herself with a guy she's attracted to. Just because there are plenty of women who are actually miserable inside that are pretending to be living the "I just want to have fun" lifestyle, because they can't land a man, doesn't mean they're all like this. You can enjoy sex with anyone you want, and then settle down if you meet one you want to keep seeing.
Link Posted: 4/14/2016 4:08:33 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

meh
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
I would be happy if I could eat pizza and ice cream every day.  Just throwing that out there because I'm hungry at the moment.

Hey...there's an idea!

meh

There's one in every bunch.  
Link Posted: 4/14/2016 4:10:36 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

Common? Yes. Good? No.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Quoted:
Getting laid early and often is no more a diagnosis of a sexual addiction, than getting drunk early and often is a proper diagnosis of alcoholism.

Proper diagnosis of alcoholism? No. But a huge red flag? Yes.

You don't have to have an alcohol or sexual addiction to be really harming yourself. Ostentatiously celebrating it is a sign that maybe one is trying to convince oneself that it's ok, and normal, when it's not.

Are you saying that it's not normal for a guy to go out once in awhile to get drunk and laid?  And be happy about it.

Common? Yes. Good? No.

Divorce is very common....   and in the eyes of most women a good thing.

Alimony is very common in the 21st century USA...  and most women think it's a good thing.

I was grew up in a house without running water, or heat...  I can remember opening my eyes and seeing my own breath first thing in the morning...

I am NEVER going back to that....   If the courts were fair to men in this day and age, I would love to have a relationship with a woman.

Bu in a relationship, especially a marriage, the woman holds all the cards.  She wins 100% of the time.

I just can't risk it.
Link Posted: 4/14/2016 4:11:13 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Hey...there's an idea!

meh

I'd on board with burritos and cookies, or steak and pie
Link Posted: 4/14/2016 4:12:46 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
You can't tell me that a single woman on vacation or out of town for work, who knows dam well she's going to have sex with a guy she's never going to see again is some how hurting herself because she wants to enjoy herself with a guy she's attracted to. Just because there are plenty of women who are actually miserable inside that are pretending to be living the "I just want to have fun" lifestyle, because they can't land a man, doesn't mean they're all like this. You can enjoy sex with anyone you want, and then settle down if you meet one you want to keep seeing.
View Quote

You can.  I think the sort of thing being discussed here is the idea of going through people like tissues for an extended period of time is more likely to have negative effects than positive ones.
Link Posted: 4/14/2016 4:13:34 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

We're programmed to kill too. And in some contexts, it's great. Others, not so much. Control is a pretty nifty thing.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Because that's psycho-babble bullshit.

We are programed to be promiscuous, it's a natural act.

It's a natural thing to be promiscuous, we want to spread our genetics as far as possible, and intermingle them with other desirable traits as often as possible, it's programed into our DNA.

Promiscuity is only destructive because of the cultural expectations of our society, not in and of itself.

Drug and alcohol addiction is self destructive and actually destroys the individuals health, and eventually causes death. Promiscuity does not, excepting disease, which is a separate issue.

In my view, sexual addiction does not exist; it is made up bull shit.  Some people have stronger sexual drives and poor impulse control, others don't give a fuck what society thinks.

I say that as someone who had a decent run as a moderately successful player until I was 40, then happily married and monogamous for the last 15 years.

We're programmed to kill too. And in some contexts, it's great. Others, not so much. Control is a pretty nifty thing.

So you are saying that sex outside of a christian/muslim marriage is exactly the same thing are criminal homicide?
Link Posted: 4/14/2016 4:20:28 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

Alimony is very common in the 21st century USA...  and most women think it's a good thing.

I was grew up in a house without running water, or heat...  I can remember opening my eyes and seeing my own breath first thing in the morning...

I am NEVER going back to that....   If the courts were fair to men in this day and age, I would love to have a relationship with a woman.

Bu in a relationship, especially a marriage, the woman holds all the cards.  She wins 100% of the time.

I just can't risk it.
View Quote

I don't think most women actually view Divorce as a good thing.  Remember, 60% of first marriages actually don't end in divorce.
That said, I can appreciate that you have concerns about how family law is applied in most parts of the nation.
Link Posted: 4/14/2016 4:28:16 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

So you are saying that sex outside of a christian/muslim marriage is exactly the same thing are criminal homicide?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

It's a natural thing to be promiscuous, we want to spread our genetics as far as possible, and intermingle them with other desirable traits as often as possible, it's programed into our DNA.

Promiscuity is only destructive because of the cultural expectations of our society, not in and of itself.

Drug and alcohol addiction is self destructive and actually destroys the individuals health, and eventually causes death. Promiscuity does not, excepting disease, which is a separate issue.

In my view, sexual addiction does not exist; it is made up bull shit.  Some people have stronger sexual drives and poor impulse control, others don't give a fuck what society thinks.

I say that as someone who had a decent run as a moderately successful player until I was 40, then happily married and monogamous for the last 15 years.

Yes, that's exactly what I'm saying.

Seriously, you can't actually get that out of what I said, can you?
Link Posted: 4/14/2016 4:31:11 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

You can.  I think the sort of thing being discussed here is the idea of going through people like tissues for an extended period of time is more likely to have negative effects than positive ones.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Reminds me of a gal I knew in college.  Cute gal who could really turn heads when she turned on the "slink".  One day she remarked in front of a group of people, "men are like kleenex.  Use them, then throw them away."  [include hand gesture for dramatic flair]

Several months later I bumped into her and started chatting by ourselves.  I was surprised when she lamented to me that she was having trouble finding men that appreciated her for more than her body.

I agree with OATT, that over time the attitude has negative effects.
Link Posted: 4/14/2016 4:46:17 PM EDT
[#14]
I would have trouble getting laid in a whorehouse. I have zero game so I could never have a problem with being sexually addicted. Therefore I have to live vicariously through the (mostly) lies told by others. Heck, some days I am even surprised my own wife sleeps with me.

Posted Via AR15.Com Mobile
Link Posted: 4/14/2016 4:51:24 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
To the OPs point:
Generally I don't particular like the "look at me I used some chick thread"  especially when they don't know they are being posted about.  Like the one with the dude who had the girl that let him lick her asshole.  At some point, you should ask yourself- why I am posting this intimate stuff, with her picture, her location, for all to see?   That doesn't seem right to me.   In fact, I think it's pretty messed up and wrong.  Invasion of privacy or common ethics.  I'm sure someone will come along to point out how I'm wrong with some justification for it being OK to post up a random partner's intimate details without their consent, although I'm not sure I could think of a scenario where that's ok?

To the Rest of the thread:

Always seems to be the same people pissing on each other.  It's like you know what's going to be posted, and by whom before you even click.
View Quote

Is that the way that works?  That just sounds ass-backwards to me.
Link Posted: 4/14/2016 4:55:34 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
Quoted:
I just wanted to say that regardless of who is right and who is wrong.  It is never ok to quote Conscious Men.  Cause that shit sounds gay.

Amazon:
About the Author
John Gray is the leading relationship expert in the world. His relationship and health books have sold over 50 million copies in 50 different languages. His groundbreaking book, Men Are from Mars, Women Are from Venus, is the #1 best-selling relationship book of all time. John helps men and women better understand and respect their differences in both personal and professional relationships. He lives in Northern California with his wife of 30 years, Bonnie. They have three grown daughters and four grandchildren. Arjuna Ardagh is the founder of Awakening Coaching, a writer and public speaker. He is the author of eight books, including the 2005 #1 national bestseller The Translucent Revolution, and Better than Sex, the complete introduction to Awakening Coaching. He has been a speaker at conferences all over the world, including at Google and the United Nations. He lives with his wife, Chameli, in California. They have two grown sons, as well as the world’s most enlightened cat.

OOPS
http://www.ar15.com/forums/t_1_5/1858416_What_does_masculinity_mean_in_today_s_world__Notes_from_Conscious_Men.html

Man, if you had just seen my quote a little earlier, you could have saved that whole shit show.  Also, what's up with the enlightened cat thing?
Link Posted: 4/14/2016 4:59:11 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

I don't think most women actually view Divorce as a good thing.  Remember, 60% of first marriages actually don't end in divorce.
That said, I can appreciate that you have concerns about how family law is applied in most parts of the nation.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I just can't risk it.

Women want a committed relationship.

Women want to be married.

Wonder which sex files for divorce in the majority of cases?

Strange, isn't it?
Link Posted: 4/14/2016 5:02:00 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

My guess is that he was using your reading glasses.
Link Posted: 4/14/2016 5:03:22 PM EDT
[#19]
Women had initiated the divorce in 68.9% of all cases.

https://www.psychologytoday.com/blog/homo-consumericus/201311/do-men-or-women-file-divorce-more-often

Marriage is 70% a scam.  Period...

Good luck in finding happiness by going that rt.
Link Posted: 4/14/2016 5:04:25 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

Strange, isn't it?
View Quote

I do want a committed relationship. I don't like sharing steak and I don't like sharing my man.

I do not want to be married.

I do not want shared finances or to legally entangle myself with anyone. It's taken damn near a year to extricate myself from the ex and I will never, ever do this again.

I learned some important lessons the last round. Just as men can be screwed over by women, so can women be screwed over by men.

One of my closest friends chose poorly the first round. After she finally dumped his ass, he couch hopped to avoid any kind of support for his own child. He disappeared. She worked two jobs, put herself through college, got a job, bought her own home, and did it all with no help from anyone other than her sister helping with babysitting as needed. He damn near wrecked her, but she pulled herself up and pushed forward. And that's why I like her so much.

I completely understand people who don't want to get married. Some get lucky, some find an excellent partner who stays as such. And I'm happy for them and glad for it. But me? I consider myself a smarter person, and from now on, if I can't afford it on my own, it's not going to happen.
Link Posted: 4/14/2016 5:05:11 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

Reminds me of a gal I knew in college.  Cute gal who could really turn heads when she turned on the "slink".  One day she remarked in front of a group of people, "men are like kleenex.  Use them, then throw them away."  [include hand gesture for dramatic flair]

Several months later I bumped into her and started chatting by ourselves.  I was surprised when she lamented to me that she was having trouble finding men that appreciated her for more than her body.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

I am going to go have a good cry about it with Hugh Hefner. Poor dude wasted his entire life on hot sex.
Link Posted: 4/14/2016 5:05:17 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:

Strange, isn't it?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

I just can't risk it.

Strange, isn't it?

Just because we have the strength to put the dog down doesn't mean we're the ones who neglected it in the first place. We're just the ones pulling the trigger.
Link Posted: 4/14/2016 5:06:11 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:

https://www.psychologytoday.com/blog/homo-consumericus/201311/do-men-or-women-file-divorce-more-often

View Quote

One great truth: You can't really hate someone until you marry them.

Ask any divorce lawyer.
Link Posted: 4/14/2016 5:06:43 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

God you're a pest.
Link Posted: 4/14/2016 5:09:42 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

You keep bringing it up as a comparison.
Link Posted: 4/14/2016 5:12:42 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:

Just because we have the strength to put the dog down doesn't mean we're the ones who neglected it in the first place. We're just the ones pulling the trigger.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

I just can't risk it.

Strange, isn't it?

See.. That's exactly what I'm saying....   You are defending women you have never met and taken a position on marriages you were never in, just because they are women and you sympathize with them.

Further proves my point that women are right 100% of the time, and men are wrong 100% of the time.

The courts rule accordingly.   100% of the time.
Link Posted: 4/14/2016 5:16:34 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:

View Quote

Reminds me of a funny story. Some time back, I had noticed from my own experience that it was usually women who started arguments in marriages. Men may sin, but they don't want to argue about it.

So I told this to a friend of mine and being the nice egalitarian fair-minded to all the sexes person he is, he greatly protested. That couldn't be possible, he said. Surely, I was wrong.

We were standing at the counter at Wally World waiting for a clerk to come buy so I told him I would make him a bet on the next guy to show up. My friend accepted and, within a couple of minutes, another guy wandered up to the counter.

"Say, fella," I said, "Can I ask you a question?"

"Sure," he said.

"I am trying to prove something to my friend," I said, "so I just want to make sure that we have never met before. Is that correct?"

"No, we have never met before," he said.

"Ok, then, here is the question. When was the last time you got into a fight with another man?"

He looked puzzled. "You mean, like a fierce argument where we almost came to blows?"

"Yeah, exactly," I said. "When was the last time that happened?"

He thought and scratched his head. "I don't know," he said, "high school maybe?"

"OK," I said. "And when was the last time you got into a fight with a woman?"

He looked stunned for a minute. "You know," he said, "it was when I got out of the goddamn car in the parking lot!"
Link Posted: 4/14/2016 5:17:12 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:

God you're a pest.
View Quote

You started the personal comments and now you are unhappy how it turned out? What a shame.
Link Posted: 4/14/2016 5:19:29 PM EDT
[#29]

Link Posted: 4/14/2016 5:23:58 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:
Sleep with 100+not quite partners and get back to us. I have been on both sides of that fence and neither is better than the other.  On one hand you start feeling like a man whore and crave intimacy and on the other you are eating the same steak every night, dreaming about a White Castle once in a while.
View Quote

I agree
Link Posted: 4/14/2016 5:40:38 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:

View Quote

Yes, I'm aware of that statistic.  In some states it's lower, but in others (like the one where I live) the percent of divorces initiated by women is much higher according to my family law attorney neighbor.  Yes, I recognize that when divorce happens, the application of family law is often stacked against men.

Still, I did go that route.  It hasn't been all rainbows and sunshine.  In fact, there have been a few strolls through a virtual valley of hell in the journey of married life.  It has also resulted in much of my greatest joy.
Link Posted: 4/14/2016 5:42:46 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:

View Quote

To be fair, BES, I'm not convinced that the disparity has as much to do with strength as it does with incentives and bias.
Link Posted: 4/14/2016 5:46:42 PM EDT
[#33]

Quoted:
God you're a pest.
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

God you're a pest.

Link Posted: 4/14/2016 5:51:50 PM EDT
[#34]
I love my wife. She loves me. I am faithful to her and she is faithful to me.

You all can go full tilt  "Charlie Sheen" if you want to, but I wouldn't trade what I have for any of it.
Link Posted: 4/14/2016 5:52:15 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:

Strange, isn't it?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

I just can't risk it.

Strange, isn't it?

OR women want a lock on a mans assets.  When they no longer need those assets or can get them without the man any longer, then they take off.   It actually makes perfect sense when you ignore the bs disney fantasies and look at the facts. Fortunately theres steps that smart men can take.  Its not like this stuff has been going on for millenia or anything.  Kind of a one trick pony.
Link Posted: 4/14/2016 5:54:14 PM EDT
[#36]
OP, you just need a hot chick to coil a deuce on your chest and smash it with a tennis racket. You'll feel better.
Link Posted: 4/14/2016 6:01:09 PM EDT
[#37]
I would generally frown upon having many sexual partners, and I don't have any desire to be in a meaningful relationship.

The difference is that I don't see a difference between men and women doing it, and I'm not going to try and convince myself that I'm not doing something wrong that may have detrimental effects on my ability to be in a stable monogamous relationship later on.

Frankly. I just don't care about being in a stable monogamous relationship. Not for a long time. I might change. I might not.

I also don't encourage other guys to do what I do. I just don't degrade them either. The fact that I have sex with basically any female who will willingly have sex with me is something of a symptom of a greater problem, and it's just a problem that I have absolutely no desire to ever fix. Yeah. I wouldn't marry a girl who sleeps around... but I'm not looking to get married. And if I were a girl, I wouldn't marry me.

Arfcom GDism shit aside, I don't ridicule other people's lives, male or female. It's just not something I care about.

Link Posted: 4/14/2016 6:27:53 PM EDT
[#38]

Quoted:
Absolutely.
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Half of those stories are pure bullshit and never happened.

Absolutely.

Link Posted: 4/14/2016 6:28:18 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Exactly. People don't invest time or effort into the care and maintenance of what they consider to be disposable commodities. Gone are the days of painstaking maintenance and upkeep on most things. Why bother fixing appliances? Just get a new one. Why bother washing handkerchiefs or diapers? Buy Kleenex and Pampers.

When the disposable commodity is a human being, there will be no effort to maintain a relationship. If something isn't working, there won't be any attempt to reach a resolution. It will be out with the old and in with the new. That's the attitude that makes someone a terrible prospect for a long term relationship (whether within the bounds of a marriage or not).
Link Posted: 4/14/2016 6:33:02 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:

Exactly. People don't invest time or effort into the care and maintenance of what they consider to be disposable commodities. Gone are the days of painstaking maintenance and upkeep on most things. Why bother fixing appliances? Just get a new one. Why bother washing handkerchiefs or diapers? Buy Kleenex and Pampers.

When the disposable commodity is a human being, there will be no effort to maintain a relationship. If something isn't working, there won't be any attempt to reach a resolution. It will be out with the old and in with the new. That's the attitude that makes someone a terrible prospect for a long term relationship (whether within the bounds of a marriage or not).
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

I promise, I'll follow strict PMCS with my cherry 2000.
Link Posted: 4/14/2016 6:37:55 PM EDT
[#41]
Wives cheat on their husbands.  Husbands get through the shitty divorce and start banging younger chicks.  They have nice bodies and look better without make up.

Then the feminists get mad because they're jelly.
Link Posted: 4/14/2016 6:43:07 PM EDT
[#42]
I haven't read all 6 pages but did we get Chase45 help yet?
Link Posted: 4/14/2016 6:43:55 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:

To be fair, BES, I'm not convinced that the disparity has as much to do with strength as it does with incentives and bias.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I agree that there are incentives for the women, and that may be a large contributing factor in why women pull the trigger.

That being said, people who are happily married aren't typically just going to up and file for divorce. There are things that happened prior to the divorce that led to the marriage ending. Neglect, resentment, disrespect, dishonesty, even outright abuse are all conditions that lead to the divorce, and there are usually one or more present on both sides of the relationship. While it is absolutely true that it only takes one person to screw up a relationship, the reality is that in the vast majority of cases both parties screwed up along the way. Maybe not the same factors on each side of the relationship, or in the same proportions, but in the end both parties contributed to the demise of the marriage.
Link Posted: 4/14/2016 6:48:38 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:

I agree that there are incentives for the women, and that may be a large contributing factor in why women pull the trigger.

That being said, people who are happily married aren't typically just going to up and file for divorce. There are things that happened prior to the divorce that led to the marriage ending. Neglect, resentment, disrespect, dishonesty, even outright abuse are all conditions that lead to the divorce, and there are usually one or more present on both sides of the relationship. While it is absolutely true that it only takes one person to screw up a relationship, the reality is that in the vast majority of cases both parties screwed up along the way. Maybe not the same factors on each side of the relationship, or in the same proportions, but in the end both parties contributed to the demise of the marriage.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Nope.

Woman thinks it better on the other side and bangs some guy.
Link Posted: 4/14/2016 6:52:31 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:

Yeah, if only.

There are two basic laws of chemistry that lots of women never seem to quite understand.

1) That boner pops up without any conscious thought, or even a woman present. Men know what their priorities are for the day from the moment they wake up.

2) As soon as they are done with the deed, there is a chemical switch that tells them they are also done with the woman. It is as clear as turning off a 1,000 watt light.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
I'm with you, I'm one of the negative nancy killjoys on promiscuity threads. Don't look at me.

When a guy gets up in the morning, what gets up first?

His wife, to take care of anything that pops up?

Yeah, if only.

There are two basic laws of chemistry that lots of women never seem to quite understand.

1) That boner pops up without any conscious thought, or even a woman present. Men know what their priorities are for the day from the moment they wake up.

2) As soon as they are done with the deed, there is a chemical switch that tells them they are also done with the woman. It is as clear as turning off a 1,000 watt light.

Wait, what?
....... Yeah, I'm gonna go ahead and disagree....
Link Posted: 4/14/2016 6:53:59 PM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:

Nope.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Nope.

Sometimes, yes. Sometimes, it's the guy with the side piece. Sometimes there is no side piece. Your experience isn't universal, no matter how badly it affected you.
Link Posted: 4/14/2016 6:55:57 PM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Sure marriages have problems.  I'm not saying that relationships are perfect until one day the woman decides to jump ship.  This isn't a discussion about all of the legion reasons why divorces happen.

I'm talking about the disparity in who is initiating.  The reason for the disparity isn't because men are primarily responsible for 2/3 of failed marriages.  The disparity exists because the opportunity cost of divorce has been reduced for women compared to the opportunity cost men face in most parts of the nation.

The unintended consequence of the bias is that more and more men are putting off marriage in much of the country, or approaching it much more apprehensively when they are willing to consider it.
Link Posted: 4/14/2016 7:06:51 PM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:

Sometimes, yes. Sometimes, it's the guy with the side piece. Sometimes there is no side piece. Your experience isn't universal, no matter how badly it affected you.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Nope.

It's pretty common.
Link Posted: 4/14/2016 7:08:19 PM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:

It's pretty common.
View Quote

I would bet it's a 50/50 split.

Every time a thread about cheating pops up on here, ie "Have you ever cheated" there's always a large handful of folks sneering at anyone who hasn't, claiming they're lying or riding a high horse.

I've been cheated on twice. I've never cheated on anyone.
Link Posted: 4/14/2016 7:08:24 PM EDT
[#50]
20 year old ass has ruined my life.

But it's a fun ride.
Page / 7
Top Top