BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 5
Link Posted: 3/19/2016 10:22:09 AM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

You are not going to catch a charge for saying "fuck" in the middle of a bunch of beach drunks.

Say it in a church or grocery check out line is a different story.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
(a)(1) HARASSMENT. A person commits the crime of harassment if, with intent to harass, annoy, or alarm another person, he or she either:

a. Strikes, shoves, kicks, or otherwise touches a person or subjects him or her to physical contact.

b. Directs abusive or obscene language or makes an obscene gesture towards another person.

(2) For purposes of this section, harassment shall include a threat, verbal or nonverbal, made with the intent to carry out the threat, that would cause a reasonable person who is the target of the threat to fear for his or her safety.

That is what they got a warrant for?

a)  He didn't strike a cop.
b)  1st amendment bitches.  FTP is protected speech.

No.  The word "fuck" used in a public setting is prosecutable under disorderly conduct in AL.  Thanks for playing, don't let the doorknob hit you on the way out.

If you support people being arrested for saying "fuck" you are a tyrant.

No, I'm not kidding.

Arresting someone for vulgar language is a civil rights violation and the officer loses their QI even in the 11th circuit.

Merenda v. Tabor 11th Cir. 2013

You are not going to catch a charge for saying "fuck" in the middle of a bunch of beach drunks.

lol wtf
Link Posted: 3/19/2016 10:25:09 AM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
Besides you'd be too far from your series of safe houses rented under assumed names  
View Quote

I sleep on the boat.  Did someone steal your  breakfast herring this morning?  
Link Posted: 3/19/2016 10:26:49 AM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Besides you'd be too far from your series of safe houses rented under assumed names  

"Never get outta the boat"

Link Posted: 3/19/2016 10:30:38 AM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 3/19/2016 10:31:38 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

I think you need to look up the meaning of that word.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
(a)(1) HARASSMENT. A person commits the crime of harassment if, with intent to harass, annoy, or alarm another person, he or she either:

a. Strikes, shoves, kicks, or otherwise touches a person or subjects him or her to physical contact.

b. Directs abusive or obscene language or makes an obscene gesture towards another person.

(2) For purposes of this section, harassment shall include a threat, verbal or nonverbal, made with the intent to carry out the threat, that would cause a reasonable person who is the target of the threat to fear for his or her safety.

No.  The word "fuck" used in a public setting is prosecutable under disorderly conduct in AL.  Thanks for playing, don't let the doorknob hit you on the way out.

No, I'm not kidding.

I think you need to look up the meaning of that word.

ty·rant
'tir?nt/
noun
a cruel and oppressive ruler.
"the tyrant was deposed by popular demonstrations"
synonyms:dictator, despot, autocrat, authoritarian, oppressor

Maybe you should look up the definition of "freedom" and "free speech"

Arresting people for saying "fuck"?

Link Posted: 3/19/2016 10:32:02 AM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

No, I'm not kidding.

Arresting someone for vulgar language is a civil rights violation and the officer loses their QI even in the 11th circuit.

Merenda v. Tabor 11th Cir. 2013

And catching a charge even then is FUCKING bullshit.
Link Posted: 3/19/2016 10:32:29 AM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 3/19/2016 10:38:41 AM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:
Of course they do.....until it's their car getting the football thrown at it.

I can't fucking stand libertarian douche-nozzles.
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

I'm going to go outside and throw footballs at the cars that drive by.  The libertarians at ar15.com said it's my right to do so.

Of course they do.....until it's their car getting the football thrown at it.

I can't fucking stand libertarian douche-nozzles.

The difference is if he threw a football at my car, I bet there would be no arrest warrant issued.....

Link Posted: 3/19/2016 10:48:24 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

Drunken antics like in the video is why they are banning drinking on the beach.

I've heard arrests are up 800% from last year.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Is this what precipitated the ban on alcohol on the beach today?

$500 fine and 6 months in jail

iirc they have two rapes this week.

...........So punish the rapists.

Drunken antics like in the video is why they are banning drinking on the beach.

I've heard arrests are up 800% from last year.

clean that shit up before my annual summer visit. k, thanks.
Link Posted: 3/19/2016 10:51:00 AM EDT
[#10]
Great job tracking down those criminals!  I feel safer already!

What a fuckkng waste of time.
Link Posted: 3/19/2016 11:00:00 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

No, I'm not kidding.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

No, I'm not kidding.

Freedom is not having the license to say "fuck" in public around people's children or their wive's or grandparents....

Idiots confuse liberty with license...

Anyone who equates owning a firearm (meant for food gathering and protection) with cursing in public is too stupid to be a citizen of the USA ...imo
Link Posted: 3/19/2016 11:04:51 AM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:

They sure showed him.
View Quote

That you never put stuff like that on "social media."

Link Posted: 3/19/2016 11:07:20 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
They sure showed him.

Everything else notwithstanding, that is good advice in general.  
Link Posted: 3/19/2016 11:08:31 AM EDT
[#14]
Link Posted: 3/19/2016 12:19:34 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

Freedom is not having the license to say "fuck" in public around people's children or their wive's or grandparents....

Anyone who equates owning a firearm (meant for food gathering and protection) with cursing in public is too stupid to be a citizen of the USA ...imo
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

No, I'm not kidding.

Don't carry those icky guns in public 'round muh baybays!!!! Liberty isn't a license to scare and endanger muh family!
Link Posted: 3/19/2016 12:22:54 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

No, I'm not kidding.

"They train young men to drop fire on people,but they wont allow them to write "fuck" on their airplane because it's...........obscene."
Link Posted: 3/19/2016 12:40:24 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

"They train young men to drop fire on people,but they wont allow them to write "fuck" on their airplane because it's...........obscene."
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

No, I'm not kidding.

Apocalypse Now was somewhat more organized than Spring Break.
Link Posted: 3/19/2016 12:41:52 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

They banned drinking.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Gulf Shores,AL,what happened to Panama City,FL ?

They banned drinking.

Banned drinking on the sandy beaches and on the roadway/public right of way.  
Link Posted: 3/19/2016 12:48:59 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

Apocalypse Now was somewhat more organized than Spring Break.
View Quote

"Who's the commanding officer here?"

Link Posted: 3/19/2016 2:02:41 PM EDT
[#20]
I'm kinda shocked at the number of people who seem to support laws that allow the arrest of people saying "fuck" in public.

Ironically, I was just at Home Depot and scolded some old man for saying "fuck" while waiting in line at the return desk. There was a father and young girl right in front of him.

How many people support the arrest of this man but don't have the balls/courage to say something to him and scold him for cursing in front of a small child? Probably a bunch of MYOB types if I started a separate thread about it in GD.   Hmmmmmmm, that gives me an idea....

"New Thread".......click
Link Posted: 3/19/2016 2:12:25 PM EDT
[#21]
Don't carry those icky guns in public 'round muh baybays!!!! Liberty isn't a license to scare and endanger muh family!
View Quote

"Don't carry those icky guns in public 'round muh baybays!!!!" you say?  This is some of what the "baybays" were carrying last year.

" />
Link Posted: 3/19/2016 2:15:22 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
You mean my employer's car? Yeah cops give such a shit about police cars this was about bruised egos, not scratched paint.  
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Beyond retarded.

And some cops wonder why people hate them.

That was stupid.

Which, throwing shit at a car or arresting someone for throwing shit at a car?

Where's your car? Can I throw shit at it without you calling the police?
You mean my employer's car? Yeah cops give such a shit about police cars this was about bruised egos, not scratched paint.  

BS and you know it.
It's about not letting a bunch of entitled, spoiled, punk ass, brats get away with this type of activity. You give the football a pass and next it's cups, bottles and chairs.
A perfect example is BLM, cops have been told to stand down during "protest".  The only thing that has achieved is a sense of entitlement. BLM riot, burn, loot, shut down traffic just because they know nothing will be done.

Link Posted: 3/19/2016 2:21:13 PM EDT
[#23]

Quoted:

...his arrest.

https://www.facebook.com/gulfshorespolice/?fref=ts

He ain't laughing now.
View Quote
This is a bit over the top.

What is likely to happen to him if he appears in court?

What if he goes back to whatever state he lives in?  what would be the ramifications?

Link Posted: 3/19/2016 2:23:10 PM EDT
[#24]

Quoted:

I'm going to go outside and throw footballs at the cars that drive by.  The libertarians at ar15.com said it's my right to do so.
View Quote
No. We would say that whatever damage you cause, you should be held responsible for.

Link Posted: 3/19/2016 2:27:14 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:

BS and you know it.
It's about not letting a bunch of entitled, spoiled, punk ass, brats get away with this type of activity. You give the football a pass and next it's cups, bottles and chairs.
A perfect example is BLM, cops have been told to stand down during "protest".  The only thing that has achieved is a sense of entitlement. BLM riot, burn, loot, shut down traffic just because they know nothing will be done.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Beyond retarded.

That was stupid.

BS and you know it.

It's also about boundaries and resources.  20 years ago a lot of laws were enforced by discretion.   Under age drinking, poor out, in public view of everyone.  Cases and coolers emptied by the kids in front of everyone.   Over the years the kids have become much more argumentative or even defiant when this was tried.   As the numbers swell, and the dynamic of the crowd starts to change (think non-college kids)  and the people coming have their own idea of what is acceptable, it branches out to much more bolder actions and open defiance.  Of course having drunk people that aren't even their friends around that cheer them on to do stupid stuff doesn't help much either.  It becomes an issue of the stuff that goes unchecked that leads up to the bigger incidents.  That video is a good example of someone who has the options to do so much stuff while on spring break, but messing with the police is something that he thinks is acceptable and worthy of being put on social media.
Link Posted: 3/19/2016 2:27:38 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
Oh look! It's our favorite anti-cop .MIL member <Removed - T7> ! Where did the big mean Policeman touch you?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
I love how the cops think their video and text overlay makes them look all authoritarian, the reality is it screams "We are a bunch of whiny bitch pussies!"

Oh look! It's our favorite anti-cop .MIL member <Removed - T7> ! Where did the big mean Policeman touch you?
Oh look! apparently it's fine to call other members <Removed - T7> now, when we don't agree with them!

Really bolsters your argument

It's not fine (even when quoting or commenting about it ), and you're right -  it doesn't bolster any argument.
Link Posted: 3/19/2016 2:32:57 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:

Dude... you win ten internets if you can find video of that
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
I HATE spring break. Makes getting anywhere near the coast damn near impossible for almost a month.  I hear Corpus Christi banned dogs this year, WAAY too many dogfights, (and fights over dogs) plus dog bites at the ER..  

They'll never ban alcohol though, too much money to be made.

A while back one of the USCG helicopters had to be used to break up a riot on the beach. He came in and hovered low enough to sandblast the crowd. I always wanted to see video.

No video, but here is the story.  I forgot about the use of tear gas.
http://www.nytimes.com/1988/03/21/us/police-battle-hundreds-of-youths-in-riot-at-texas-beach-community.html
Link Posted: 3/19/2016 2:43:50 PM EDT
[#28]
Link Posted: 3/19/2016 2:52:55 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:

No, I'm not kidding.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

No, I'm not kidding.

He's also completely ignorant. This was settled 40 years ago in Cohen v. California.
Link Posted: 3/19/2016 2:55:01 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:

View Quote

We had that discussion in a thread a while back, and you're still wrong. I posted a veritable treatise, complete with cites to both federal and AL state law.
Link Posted: 3/19/2016 3:00:27 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:
View Quote

Your state is wrong.
Link Posted: 3/19/2016 3:00:43 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:

No mention of the helo...
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
I HATE spring break. Makes getting anywhere near the coast damn near impossible for almost a month.  I hear Corpus Christi banned dogs this year, WAAY too many dogfights, (and fights over dogs) plus dog bites at the ER..  

They'll never ban alcohol though, too much money to be made.

A while back one of the USCG helicopters had to be used to break up a riot on the beach. He came in and hovered low enough to sandblast the crowd. I always wanted to see video.

No video, but here is the story.  I forgot about the use of tear gas.
http://www.nytimes.com/1988/03/21/us/police-battle-hundreds-of-youths-in-riot-at-texas-beach-community.html

No mention of the helo...

They were assisted by the Coast Guard.  also, having the USCG air station spokesman in the story is a clue
Link Posted: 3/19/2016 3:03:23 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:

It's also about boundaries and resources.  20 years ago a lot of laws were enforced by discretion.   Under age drinking, poor out, in public view of everyone.  Cases and coolers emptied by the kids in front of everyone.   Over the years the kids have become much more argumentative or even defiant when this was tried.   As the numbers swell, and the dynamic of the crowd starts to change (think non-college kids)  and the people coming have their own idea of what is acceptable, it branches out to much more bolder actions and open defiance.  Of course having drunk people that aren't even their friends around that cheer them on to do stupid stuff doesn't help much either.  It becomes an issue of the stuff that goes unchecked that leads up to the bigger incidents.  That video is a good example of someone who has the options to do so much stuff while on spring break, but messing with the police is something that he thinks is acceptable and worthy of being put on social media.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

BS and you know it.

Absolutely
Link Posted: 3/19/2016 3:06:15 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:

"Don't carry those icky guns in public 'round muh baybays!!!!" you say?  This is some of what the "baybays" were carrying last year.

http://<a href=http://i1059.photobucket.com/albums/t435/asleepatthewheel/press_zps08uqdref.jpg</a>" />
View All Quotes
Quoted:

http://<a href=http://i1059.photobucket.com/albums/t435/asleepatthewheel/press_zps08uqdref.jpg</a>" />

Brah you missed my sarcasm. I'm all for law and order, but when people's rights are restricted because other people just don't like them, i think that is wrong whether it's the 1st or 2nd Amendment. I can say fuck and I can carry my gun.
Link Posted: 3/19/2016 3:06:58 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:

Your state is wrong.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Your state is wrong.

No, his state is right. See  B.E.S. v. State, 629 So.2d 761 (Ala.Ct.App., 1993).

He, however, is wrong.

Link Posted: 3/19/2016 3:10:45 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:

No, I'm not kidding.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

No, I'm not kidding.

Yup
Link Posted: 3/19/2016 3:13:32 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:

Brah you missed my sarcasm. I'm all for law and order, but when people's rights are restricted because other people just don't like them, i think that is wrong whether it's the 1st or 2nd Amendment. I can say fuck and I can carry my gun.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

And you could run the risk of going to jail in at least one county in Florida.

Link Posted: 3/19/2016 3:13:42 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Beyond retarded.

That was stupid.

You can try throwing shit at my vehicle any time.  I hope you can dodge a wrench
Link Posted: 3/19/2016 3:16:15 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:

View Quote

For merely saying or using the word "fuck" in a manner that doesn't constitute "fighting words?"

I hope they have a good litigation claim reserve or insurance policy.
Link Posted: 3/19/2016 3:18:21 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:

A fucking shit ton of yankees. Our highways are clogged from now till Labor Day with yanks coming down here.

Friday and Sunday the main highways are crawling. I take back roads to get around.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Who goes to Alabama for Spring break?  Lol.

Posted Via AR15.Com Mobile

A fucking shit ton of yankees. Our highways are clogged from now till Labor Day with yanks coming down here.

Friday and Sunday the main highways are crawling. I take back roads to get around.

If they weren't encouraged and invited with open arms, you wouldn't have beaches covered in yankee.
Spring break is retarded stupidity, and if you encourage spring breakers you get what you deserve.
Link Posted: 3/19/2016 3:27:19 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:

For merely saying or using the word "fuck" in a manner that doesn't constitute "fighting words?"

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

From what I'm told it has held up to challenges so far.   County ordinances are often passed in response to certain conditions created by unusual circumstances.
Link Posted: 3/19/2016 3:29:58 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:

BS and you know it.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Beyond retarded.

That was stupid.

BS and you know it.

Or those ranchers in Oregon occupying an empty building destroying nothing.

Sometimes you just need to make an example of people...........
Link Posted: 3/19/2016 3:36:04 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:

From what I'm told it has held up to challenges so far.   County ordinances are often passed in response to certain conditions created by unusual circumstances.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Yeah, none of which changes well-established constitutional law. If it's not "fighting words," which has been well-defined by a shitload of case law, then you can use whatever dirty words you want. It really is that simple, and if you're arresting people for merely using dirty words in public, some day you're going to arrest the wrong guy and you're going to get sued. Successfully.
Link Posted: 3/19/2016 3:45:33 PM EDT
[#44]

View Quote

Perhaps for another thread, but how many of the arrested were "ranchers"?  Blaine Cooper; Joseph O'Shaughnessy; Ryan Payne, Brian Cavalier, Shawna Cox, Peter Santilli, Jason Patrick,  Sean Larry Anderson, Sandra Lynn Anderson, Jeff Wayne Banta and David Lee Fry?  

"Occupying" is another way of saying trespassing or burglary.  
Link Posted: 3/19/2016 4:25:44 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:

BS and you know it.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Beyond retarded.

That was stupid.

BS and you know it.

The car was hit with a football, no one followed it with cups, chairs, and rioting.  Made up bullshit.
Link Posted: 3/19/2016 4:31:33 PM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:

Perhaps for another thread, but how many of the arrested were "ranchers"?  Blaine Cooper; Joseph O'Shaughnessy; Ryan Payne, Brian Cavalier, Shawna Cox, Peter Santilli, Jason Patrick,  Sean Larry Anderson, Sandra Lynn Anderson, Jeff Wayne Banta and David Lee Fry?  

View All Quotes
Quoted:

That's what I find fascinating about all those jackasses. NONE of them were what they claimed to be but the  usual  crowd  swallowed it all along with the condom.
Link Posted: 3/19/2016 4:40:43 PM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:

No, I'm not kidding.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

No, I'm not kidding.

That's your opinion and nobody asked for it.
Link Posted: 3/19/2016 4:45:17 PM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:

The car was hit with a football, no one followed it with cups, chairs, and rioting.  Made up bullshit.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

BS and you know it.

Reading comprehension isn't your strong suits is it? I didn't say they followed it with cups, chairs and rioting now did I.
So again what BS did I make up?

Here I'll type this extremely slowly for you.

Letting   things    like    throwing    objects    at     police,    only    encourage      these     type    of     activities,   they     seldom     cease     and    usually    result    in
more     similar      and     worse      activities.    IE    cups,      bottles,    chairs.
Making   these      actions     have     consequences      well     now    that   tends    to     put     an    end      to     it.

In     a     large     crowd      setting,     like     spring break,      police     need      to       show     that      this      type     of     activity      will      not     be    tolerated.
It   is    a    control    issue.    Loss     of     control    and    things     quickly    get     out    of      hand.

Idiots    like    this    kid    are    exactly    why    it    is     now    illegal     to    have    alcohol     on    the     beach   in    PC.
Gulf    shores     will      most     likely     do      the      same.

That    better?

Link Posted: 3/19/2016 5:16:03 PM EDT
[#49]
This is a fun thread.

If someone started a thread about a douche kid intentionally hitting their car with a football there would be calls for blood.

If they caught the kid because he posted it on Facebook, everyone would cheer.

If the kid got arrested, everyone would say good.

God forbid these were "teens".

If the car was a cop car, though, totally different set of circumstances.

That's retarded.
Link Posted: 3/19/2016 5:29:53 PM EDT
[#50]

Reading comprehension isn't your strong suits is it? I didn't say they followed it with cups, chairs and rioting now did I.
So again what BS did I make up?

Here I'll type this extremely slowly for you.

Letting things like throwing objects at police, only encourage these type of activities, they seldom cease and usually result in
more similar and worse activities. IE cups, bottles, chairs.
Making these actions have consequences well now that tends to put an end to it.

In a large crowd setting, like spring break, police need to show that this type of activity will not be tolerated.
It is a control issue. Loss of control and things quickly get out of hand.

Idiots like this kid are exactly why it is now illegal to have alcohol on the beach in PC.
Gulf shores will most likely do the same.

That better?
View Quote

I would like to see some people here come work these crowds for four to six weeks straight.
Page / 5
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top