Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 31
Link Posted: 9/26/2016 11:08:08 PM EDT
[#1]
Not gonna lie, the Indians look pretty decent for making a playoff run this year given their pitching, but a lot of teams this year also look stacked.
I guess KC wasn't likely to have to THREE straight world series appearances.
Link Posted: 9/26/2016 11:23:35 PM EDT
[#2]

Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

LOL. Thats as good as Im gonna get.

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Fuck yeah.

Good game, Steve.

Yeah, yeah. Congrats or whatever.

LOL. Thats as good as Im gonna get.

And it's better than you deserve.
Link Posted: 9/26/2016 11:26:40 PM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:

Well, the Indians clinched the AL Central tonight ; Hooray!

However, I cannot understand why Terry Francona put the bench players on the field Saturday & Sunday at home for two losses, and then gets the AL Central win on the road with and empty away stadium and maybe 50 fans in the camera view as they pop the champagne corks.

I watched the Saturday game on MLB.tv at home and attended the Sunday game with my family of four. Both games were disappointing shit-shows.

I feel like the hometown fans got a raw deal there, but maybe it is part of some master plan that leads to the world series.
View Quote

Of course they did, they're from Cleveland. But, that's not Francona's fault, that's on God.
Link Posted: 9/26/2016 11:36:24 PM EDT
[#4]
Orioles and Jays have a three game series this week. Both are in the AL wildcard right now but might not be on Friday.

Steve, who would you rather the Tigers face in the Playoffs?
Link Posted: 9/26/2016 11:42:52 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:

Orioles and Jays have a three game series this week. Both are in the AL wildcard right now but might not be on Friday.

View Quote

Orioles, hands down. I would not want to play a one game play in at the Rogers Centre.

There is no more intimidating park in baseball. I honestly believe that park got the Gays into the ALCS. The volume of that crowd and that stupid fog horn are what I believe got them over the hump against Texas.
Link Posted: 9/27/2016 12:24:51 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

Orioles, hands down. I would not want to play a one game play in at the Rogers Centre.

There is no more intimidating park in baseball. I honestly believe that park got the Gays into the ALCS. The volume of that crowd and that stupid fog horn are what I believe got them over the hump against Texas.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Also one of the two remaining shitholes with turf. At least they managed to finally add some dirt to the infield.
Link Posted: 9/27/2016 12:27:11 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Fuck that place, and that team.

The more I think about it, the more I like the idea of the Tigers going there.
Link Posted: 9/27/2016 1:51:54 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

that and the only thing texas knows how to do in the playoffs is fucking melt down
Link Posted: 9/27/2016 5:15:01 AM EDT
[#9]
100 wins
Link Posted: 9/27/2016 11:34:27 AM EDT
[#10]
Today is the beginning of the demise of the fucking blue jays... Time for the O's to put the nail in the coffin.
Link Posted: 9/27/2016 11:45:00 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
Today is the beginning of the demise of the fucking blue jays... Time for the O's to put the nail in the coffin.
View Quote

Link Posted: 9/27/2016 11:56:44 AM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:

View Quote
Idk wtf is up with Saunders. He's batting .181 since all star break. Fucking killed my fantasy stats.
Link Posted: 9/27/2016 12:44:27 PM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:

Well, the Indians clinched the AL Central tonight ; Hooray!

However, I cannot understand why Terry Francona put the bench players on the field Saturday & Sunday at home for two losses, and then gets the AL Central win on the road with and empty away stadium and maybe 50 fans in the camera view as they pop the champagne corks.

I watched the Saturday game on MLB.tv at home and attended the Sunday game with my family of four. Both games were disappointing shit-shows.

I feel like the hometown fans got a raw deal there, but maybe it is part of some master plan that leads to the world series.
View Quote
Frankie Lindor has been in a slump and maybe needed a break. Didn't help but I figured that was why he sat out.
Link Posted: 9/27/2016 3:05:17 PM EDT
[#14]
For years all KC fans wanted was to finish above .500, or to not be eliminated from contention in July, or maybe finish 3rd in the Central.  Felt like a farm team that developed talent for the large market teams to gobble up, Beltran, Dye, and Greinke are good examples of this.  This season was an exciting one, the team was competitive and there is no more chat about the "fluke" 2014 WS appearance......I'll take that!

Can't wait to enjoy the playoffs with you fellas, gonna be a ride!

Link Posted: 9/27/2016 10:16:04 PM EDT
[#15]
Go 'Stros!
Link Posted: 9/27/2016 10:24:54 PM EDT
[#16]
Ugh... Ump had a shit strike zone favoring the jays tonight... But 5-1 is what it is and O's need to worry about the next two.
Link Posted: 9/27/2016 10:26:42 PM EDT
[#17]
So after tonight's start, it looks like Verlander's AL stats will be:

2nd in ERA

1st in K

1st in WHIP

1st in IP

5th in Wins

2nd in WAR

Justin's last start of the season will be against the Braves, so he could end the season 1st in the AL in every category except wins.
Link Posted: 9/27/2016 10:27:33 PM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:

Ugh... Ump had a shit strike zone favoring the jays tonight... But 5-1 is what it is and O's need to worry about drop the next two.
View Quote

You know I love you bro, but I deserve it more than you do.

Link Posted: 9/27/2016 10:39:13 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
Ugh... Ump had a shit strike zone favoring the jays tonight... But 5-1 is what it is and O's need to worry about the next two.
View Quote

Is there some sort of Toronto strike zone conspiracy?

I read an article earlier kind of suggesting something similar.
Link Posted: 9/28/2016 12:51:21 AM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Ugh... Ump had a shit strike zone favoring the jays tonight... But 5-1 is what it is and O's need to worry about drop the next two.

I'd expect nothing less from you buddy.
Link Posted: 9/28/2016 12:54:24 AM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

It was pretty bad for what I heard on the radio and both buck and Davis got ejected. Real Sports just tonight did a segment on umpires flat out sucking and the home team on average gets at least 8 pitches in their favor. They made an interesting point that the umps don't wanna get booed and feed on the cheers as much as the players. I say we just go to camera/computerized strike zones, fuck it.
Link Posted: 9/28/2016 4:31:02 PM EDT
[#22]

Quoted:
It was pretty bad for what I heard on the radio and both buck and Davis got ejected. Real Sports just tonight did a segment on umpires flat out sucking and the home team on average gets at least 8 pitches in their favor. They made an interesting point that the umps don't wanna get booed and feed on the cheers as much as the players. I say we just go to camera/computerized strike zones, fuck it.
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

This. It takes Statcast or Fox like what? An extra fraction of a second to call it. It would be nice having something definitive. Thank god there's challenges now. Almost every game I see a bullshit call that gets over turned.

Went to a LA @ FL game the other week and I think someone from the Dodgers was trying to beat the throw to first. Runner had it by almost a half second. Wasn't even close. Umpire called him out and it was overturned almost immediately.
Link Posted: 9/28/2016 5:24:01 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:

Sounds good.

I thought I remembered something about it that came out of the Venditte rule dealing with switch pitchers.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Dee Gordon approached the plate right handed for his first pitch to honor Jose Fernandez. He then switched to his left handed side and hit a lead off homer. He rounded the bases in tears and broke down to his teammates in the dug out.... that was some at bat.

Very cool, but against the rules...no?

I would have thought so. I thought you had to bat the whole at bat from the side you started from.

Batter can switch sides as much as he wants as long as the ball is dead when he switches.

Sounds good.

I thought I remembered something about it that came out of the Venditte rule dealing with switch pitchers.

You are correct.

The rule:
Engaging the rubber with the glove on a particular hand is considered a definitive commitment to which arm he will throw with. The batter will then choose which side of the plate he will bat from. The pitcher must throw one pitch to the batter before any "switch" by either player is allowed.
Link Posted: 9/28/2016 5:56:27 PM EDT
[#24]
Seattle really put a hurting on Houston today.

Go Tigers!

Go Jays!
Link Posted: 9/29/2016 11:38:50 AM EDT
[#25]
HOW BOUT THEM O'S!?!?!?

God damn Kim might've just saved the season..... Wow
Link Posted: 9/29/2016 12:29:05 PM EDT
[#26]

Quoted:

HOW BOUT THEM O'S!?!?!?

View Quote

And after all we did for those lousy bastards during the war and since!
Link Posted: 9/29/2016 12:37:32 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
HOW BOUT THEM O'S!?!?!?

And my wife is half Korean too....
Link Posted: 9/29/2016 12:46:55 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
So after tonight's start, it looks like Verlander's AL stats will be:

2nd in ERA
1st in K
1st in WHIP
1st in IP
5th in Wins
2nd in WAR

Justin's last start of the season will be against the Braves, so he could end the season 1st in the AL in every category except wins.
View Quote

To be fair, the braves are at .500 over the past 80 games, and have been scoring pretty good amounts of runs, so they're not the debacle they were 4 months ago. Not sure how they're doing so well even with Freeman playing out of his mind, but they haven't been a pushover lately. They're playing themselves out of a good draft pick.
Link Posted: 9/29/2016 2:22:23 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:
HOW BOUT THEM O'S!?!?!?

View Quote

He's had an interesting season for sure. Hopefully this can jumpstart the O's offense.
Link Posted: 9/29/2016 6:22:16 PM EDT
[#30]
Well, the Tigers and Indians got rained out today. So, it is highly likely that the AL wild card won't be resolved until Monday now.
Link Posted: 9/29/2016 7:37:42 PM EDT
[#31]
Tonight it's go 0's.

Then over the weekend it will be go Yankees and Red Sux.

And of course it's always go Tigers.

So, it the Tigers can sweep the Braves and the Yankees sweep the 0's while the Red Sux sweep the Gays, then we can have the Wildcard game in Detroit, 0's and Tigers.
Link Posted: 9/29/2016 8:31:03 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:
Tonight it's go 0's.

So, it the Tigers can sweep the Braves and the Yankees sweep the 0's while the Red Sux sweep the Gays, then we can have the Wildcard game in Detroit, 0's and Tigers.
View Quote

I'm cheering for the Tigers. Would love to see the jays get knocked out entirely. Plus I always root for the Rays or Tigers if the O's are out.

Detroit not being able to use a DH for the next 3 games though.
Link Posted: 9/29/2016 8:41:55 PM EDT
[#33]

Quoted:

I'm cheering for the Tigers. Would love to see the jays get knocked out entirely. Plus I always root for the Rays or Tigers if the O's are out.

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Tonight it's go 0's.

True, but we got Nick Castellanos back and he had a double in his first at bat back. So, our lineup for the weekend will be; Kinsler, Maybin, Cabrera, JD Martinez, Upton, Castellanos, McCann/Salty, Iglesias, pitcher and VMart will be available to pinch hit. That's still a lot of fire power.
Link Posted: 9/30/2016 2:31:41 AM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:

He's had an interesting season for sure. Hopefully this can jumpstart the O's offense.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
HOW BOUT THEM O'S!?!?!?

For a guy who almost didn't make the opening day roster.

Glad they blanked the jays today.. One more series to go....
Link Posted: 9/30/2016 2:49:37 AM EDT
[#35]
Crazy outcome in St. Louis tonight.
Link Posted: 9/30/2016 3:03:08 AM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:
View Quote

so ground rule double that wasn't really a ground rule double and since reds' skipper took too long to run out the run stood???

weird....
Link Posted: 9/30/2016 10:03:21 AM EDT
[#37]

Quoted:
so ground rule double that wasn't really a ground rule double and since reds' skipper took too long to run out the run stood???

weird....
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

weird....

And Ned Yost has been given all the time in the world on at least two occasions. Too much time actually.

So, the umpires are still figuring out was to fuck up important games, even with instant replay.

Link Posted: 9/30/2016 10:10:47 AM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:

And Ned Yost has been given all the time in the world on at least two occasions. Too much time actually.

So, the umpires are still figuring out was to fuck up important games, even with instant replay.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

weird....

The Royals replay crew is (usually) very quick.

As they are the team I watch the most (and my standard for comparison), I'm surprised how mush slower some of the other teams are.

Link Posted: 9/30/2016 10:48:21 AM EDT
[#39]

Quoted:

As they are the team I watch the most (and my standard for comparison), I'm surprised how mush slower some of the other teams are.

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

weird....

There were two instances where he let the clock run out on inning ending plays and was still allowed to challenge. One time was in Kansas City, I forget who it was against. The other time was last Friday in Detroit.
Link Posted: 9/30/2016 3:14:15 PM EDT
[#40]
Here is how I want to see the post season go down:

- Giants win N wild card and go all the way to the World Series.

- Tigers beat 0's in AL Wild Card - Revenge for 2014

- Tigers beat Strangers in the ALDS - Revenge for 2011

- Tigers beat Red Sux in the ALCS - Revenge for 2013

- Tigers beat Giants in the World Series - Revenge for 2012

motown_steve is named Greatest Tigers Fan of All Time by Sports Illustrated and I get a 1 hour special on MLB Network to do nothing but talk shit to all the nay sayers.
Link Posted: 9/30/2016 3:47:16 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:
I never said my team deserves, I said that I deserve it. I deserve to see my team win for putting up with a couple of decades of horrible baseball.

View Quote

Link Posted: 9/30/2016 4:37:59 PM EDT
[#42]

Quoted:

Here is how I want to see the post season go down:

- Giants win N wild card and go all the way to the World Series.

- Tigers beat 0's in AL Wild Card - Revenge for 2014

- Tigers beat Strangers in the ALDS - Revenge for 2011

- Tigers beat Red Sux in the ALCS - Revenge for 2013

- Tigers beat Giants in the World Series - Revenge for 2012

motown_steve is named Greatest Tigers Fan of All Time by Sports Illustrated and I get a 1 hour special on MLB Network to do nothing but talk shit to all the nay sayers.

View Quote

Link Posted: 9/30/2016 6:58:08 PM EDT
[#43]
All games are free on MLB.TV today, possibly for the last series of the season.
Link Posted: 9/30/2016 7:41:56 PM EDT
[#44]
Man, it's too bad the Tigers don't have their DH tonight.

Link Posted: 9/30/2016 10:04:14 PM EDT
[#45]
So happy to see Frankie Lindor break a 0-29 slump tonight with a double and 3run HR so far!

ETA:
Also great to see Gomes back behind the plate for the last few innings.

Link Posted: 9/30/2016 11:20:42 PM EDT
[#46]
1/2 game back.

Go Tigers!

Go Yankees!

Go Red Sux!
Link Posted: 9/30/2016 11:25:05 PM EDT
[#47]
Miguel Cabrera hit his 307th and 308th home runs in a Tigers uniform tonight. He has now passed Hank "The Hebrew Hammer" Greenberg to claim third place on the all time Tigers home run list. He is 91 home runs behind Al Kaline for 1st place on the all time list.

He has 446 career home runs as a Marlin and Tiger combined.
Link Posted: 10/1/2016 2:11:27 AM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:
Miguel Cabrera hit his 307th and 308th home runs in a Tigers uniform tonight. He has now passed Hank "The Hebrew Hammer" Greenberg to claim third place on the all time Tigers home run list. He is 91 home runs behind Al Kaline for 1st place on the all time list.

View Quote

Wow... Looks like that Monday game is gonna be a killer to some teams.
Link Posted: 10/1/2016 2:40:46 AM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:

View Quote

If have always liked him.
Link Posted: 10/1/2016 11:23:53 AM EDT
[#50]

Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Terry Francona was on IT yesterday and he said that if they have to play that game then he's not going to risk any of his key players. I don't think he's taking it extremely seriously. Then again he might be bullshitting, but he's already lost Sanchez and Carrasco and all he has left is back up catchers.
Page / 31
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top