BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 7
Link Posted: 1/5/2016 5:13:44 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Do you honestly believe that our government is capable of creating a place where a high majority of life fuck-ups will magically become rehabilitated, productive members of society? LOL
View Quote

The cognitive dissonance is staggering.

Let's try this with your logic:

Do you honestly believe that our government is capable of creating a system where people are justly parsed between those who should have a right to defend their own lives and those who shouldn't?

Because you somehow believe that they can do one, and not the other. Either they are highly competent, or they are not.
Link Posted: 1/5/2016 5:15:17 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
Only a liberal believes prisions rehabilitate.
You committed a crime, the punishment was you lose a prescribed number of years off your life. If the crime is bad enough you lose them all.
View Quote

If they want one, they'll get one.
Link Posted: 1/5/2016 5:16:17 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:

There have been threads here where they have argued that the rights in the Constitution are not unalienable
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
I am for 1 law restricting gun ownership in the US, and that is citizenship.  If you are not a United States Citizen, you should not be allowed to possess a firearm here.

Here's a fun fact. Our Constitution protects EVERYONE. Not just citizens.

So are you for or against the constitution?

There have been threads here where they have argued that the rights in the Constitution are not unalienable

I believe it. It's damn ignorant
Link Posted: 1/5/2016 5:17:24 PM EDT
[#4]
I'm OK with children being prevented from buying firearms. Thats the only one I can think of. Am I a FUDD or something now?
Link Posted: 1/5/2016 5:19:04 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

You committed a crime, the punishment was you lose a prescribed number of years off your life. If the crime is bad enough you lose them all.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
I thought prisons were supposed to rehabilitate and punish.  Seems like they're doing neither if violent felons who cannot be trusted are released into society.  

If only there was some way to reduce the amount of non-violent inmates taking up cell space so those violent felons can be rehabilitated ...

I do consider myself a liberal, in the Jeffersonian and James Madison sense of the word.  I guess you don't agree with those guys
Link Posted: 1/5/2016 5:19:17 PM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 1/5/2016 5:20:33 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

Do you honestly believe that our government is capable of creating a system where people are justly parsed between those who should have a right to defend their own lives and those who shouldn't?

Because you somehow believe that they can do one, and not the other. Either they are highly competent, or they are not.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Do you honestly believe that our government is capable of creating a place where a high majority of life fuck-ups will magically become rehabilitated, productive members of society? LOL

If you want the ability to protect yourself (with a firearm), don't commit a felony.  What happened to having responsibility for your own actions?

Sounds like something a left winger would say.
Link Posted: 1/5/2016 5:24:49 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

Then go ahead and offer up your money to pay for their life sentences.  I'm fine with them being set free even on the condition that they may not be 'rehabilitated' but I still think they lost their right to own a firearm.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
I all for not allowing VIOLENT convicted felons to have the ability to purchase guns.  Spin it however you want...

If they're "safe" enough to be in the community then they should have all the rights of a regular citizen.  This is what I don't understand with the left.  They talk a big game about rehabilitating criminals and hugging thugs and whatnot but they are never interested in actually reintegrating felons into society.

Really, if they're so dangerous they can't be trusted with the rights of citizens then they should still be locked up.

Then go ahead and offer up your money to pay for their life sentences.  I'm fine with them being set free even on the condition that they may not be 'rehabilitated' but I still think they lost their right to own a firearm.

Quit talking passively. YOU want to restrict THEIR rights. YOU figure out how to use DUE PROCESS to do it, and leave EVERYONE else out of it.

The only way that's been figured out to actually and effectively restrict their rights using due process is... incarceration. That's it. And that restricts their rights because it's NECESSARY component of incarceration. Everything else you implied by saying 'I still think they lost their right to own a firearm' is an infringement: 4473, FFL, NICS, GCA, NFA, Brady Bill, etc.
Link Posted: 1/5/2016 5:26:26 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

If you want the ability to protect yourself, don't commit a felony.  What happened to having responsibility for your own actions?

View Quote

Preaches personal responsibility.

Demands that government help him stay safe from criminals.

#facepalm
Link Posted: 1/5/2016 5:27:28 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

If you want the ability to protect yourself (with a firearm), don't commit a felony.  What happened to having responsibility for your own actions?

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

No. If you want the ability to protect yourself with a firearm, move to the United States. Felons should be able to protect themselves, just as much as a priest, mechanics, plumbers, homeless, teachers, jobless, mentally retarded, banker, or child . Prison was their punishment. When the time is flattened, you don't continue punishing someone who has served.

If you're free, you should have the right to protect yourself with a firearm. You have been conditioned to believe otherwise.

You are disregarding "shall not be infringed" completely
Link Posted: 1/5/2016 5:28:27 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

I tried pointing out a basic double standard, and I was blindsided with another more ridiculous one. Nevermind, bud.
Link Posted: 1/5/2016 5:31:00 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

#facepalm
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

If you want the ability to protect yourself, don't commit a felony.  What happened to having responsibility for your own actions?

#facepalm

His avatar and user name make it even more ironic
Link Posted: 1/5/2016 5:33:30 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

Violent felons and schizos shouldn't be walking the streets.  Same goes for those that can't be trusted on an airplane.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
So violent felons and schizophrenics should have guns?

I'm confused.

Violent felons and schizos shouldn't be walking the streets.  Same goes for those that can't be trusted on an airplane.

Should they be locked up forever and just toss out the eighth amendment?

Posted Via AR15.Com Mobile
Link Posted: 1/5/2016 5:34:44 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

I'm confused.

Well, you're tossing the 2nd.
Link Posted: 1/5/2016 5:36:23 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

I'm confused.

Is that worse than setting them free, and tossing the 2nd?
Link Posted: 1/5/2016 5:38:54 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
I'm OK with children being prevented from buying firearms. Thats the only one I can think of. Am I a FUDD or something now?
View Quote

The beauty of logic.
Link Posted: 1/5/2016 5:39:29 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

#facepalm
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

#facepalm

Let frontier justice be legal .

See how silly you sound now.

Link Posted: 1/5/2016 5:40:04 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

#facepalm

Its hilarious trying to have a conversation with people that applaud thugs getting killed n in the next thread fight ruthlessly for their right to defend themselves.  So which is it?
Link Posted: 1/5/2016 5:44:36 PM EDT
[#19]

Quoted:

Its hilarious trying to have a conversation with people that applaud thugs getting killed n in the next thread fight ruthlessly for their right to defend themselves.  So which is it?

View Quote

Oddly enough, you can get both.  

Either they've turned their lives around and use them in defense or they haven't and get killed or go back to prison.

Link Posted: 1/5/2016 5:46:12 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

Either they've turned their lives around and use them in defense or they haven't and get killed or go back to prison.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

There's a third option where they haven't, continue to commit crimes, and don't get caught.  There are more than 2 possible outcomes.
Link Posted: 1/5/2016 5:46:37 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I would love to think that most convicted felons would use legally purchased firearms for self defense but I am sure you will agree with me that it'll never be the case.
Link Posted: 1/5/2016 5:48:06 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I'm confused.

That sounds great, but that's not the world we live in.  
Link Posted: 1/5/2016 5:48:44 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:

I'm confused.
View Quote

Yes, of course. Few schizophrenics are violent or in danger of becoming violent, and fewer still have been adjudicated mentally defective or found to be a danger to society. Why would you restrict the rights of the many to punish the few?
Link Posted: 1/5/2016 5:50:02 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:

There's a third option where they haven't, continue to commit crimes, and don't get caught.  There are more than 2 possible outcomes.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

And in none of those 3 outcomes is any sort of law going to keep them from getting guns.

We could never really find out, but I'd be willing to bet that the percentage of convicted felons that have at least one gun is greater than the percentage of the population at large that does.
Link Posted: 1/5/2016 5:51:00 PM EDT
[#25]

Quoted:

View Quote

Then you should probably take some responsibility for your own safety and arm yourself.

Link Posted: 1/5/2016 5:51:59 PM EDT
[#26]

Quoted:

I would love to think that most convicted felons would use legally purchased firearms for self defense but I am sure you will agree with me that it'll never be the case.

View Quote

I don't think it matters whether the firearm they use was purchased legally or not.

Link Posted: 1/5/2016 5:57:52 PM EDT
[#27]

Quoted:

I'm against every single one of them. I want to be able to buy whatever I want, whenever I want to.
View Quote

'...shall not be infringed.'

It's really pretty simple.

Now, what you do with that gun, is a different story.

Just like a car, ok to own, not ok to speed, drive drunk, kill people, etc.

Link Posted: 1/5/2016 5:57:56 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:

Then you should probably take some responsibility for your own safety and arm yourself.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

That's a good idea regardless.  Your presentation of only 2 options was still a false dichotomy.
Link Posted: 1/5/2016 5:59:10 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:

And in none of those 3 outcomes is any sort of law going to keep them from getting guns.

We could never really find out, but I'd be willing to bet that the percentage of convicted felons that have at least one gun is greater than the percentage of the population at large that does.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

What's the percentage of the population at large which is armed?  That's an interesting proposition.

Point I was making was that Feeb presented a false dichotomy.
Link Posted: 1/5/2016 5:59:51 PM EDT
[#30]
'Shall not be infringed' means exactly what it says.
Link Posted: 1/5/2016 6:00:00 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:

I do consider myself a liberal, in the Jeffersonian and James Madison sense of the word.  I guess you don't agree with those guys
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
I thought prisons were supposed to rehabilitate and punish.  Seems like they're doing neither if violent felons who cannot be trusted are released into society.  

If only there was some way to reduce the amount of non-violent inmates taking up cell space so those violent felons can be rehabilitated ...

Not everyone does,
Link Posted: 1/5/2016 6:00:39 PM EDT
[#32]

Quoted:

That's a good idea regardless.  Your presentation of only 2 options was still a false dichotomy.
View Quote

It wasn't meant to be an all encompassing portrayal of reality.

I am, after all, dealing with someone who thinks it is more difficult to buy a gun outside of a gun store than inside of a gun store in a nation with half a billion unregistered guns in circulation.

Link Posted: 1/5/2016 6:01:37 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:

Dude. Just because somebody had a psychotic break or raped a child doesn't mean they shouldn't have guns.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I'm confused.

Dude. Just because somebody had a psychotic break or raped a child doesn't mean they shouldn't have guns.

I agree
Link Posted: 1/5/2016 6:01:49 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Therefore, we should all jump through hoops like Background Checks to prevent that from happening even though we can't prevent that from happening.    Brilliant!
Link Posted: 1/5/2016 6:05:34 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

#facepalm

Gun-grabbers universally display a marked lack of intelligence.  
Link Posted: 1/5/2016 6:08:03 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:
All gun regulations need to be rolled back to 1789.
View Quote

This. The lawless aren't going to care about laws so why handicap everyone else?
Link Posted: 1/5/2016 6:08:36 PM EDT
[#37]
For the record I am not disagreeing, or agreeing with anybody in this thread.

I do want to pick some brains here though for those saying no restrictions should be put in place. How do you guys feel about medical devices, medications, etc? A lot of these require a medical license to purchase, yet I don't see an uproar over that? Just curious.
Link Posted: 1/5/2016 6:09:41 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I'm confused.

So you're skipping over the part where someone who does that shouldn't be walking around in the first place?
Link Posted: 1/5/2016 6:10:31 PM EDT
[#39]

Quoted:

I do want to pick some brains here though for those saying no restrictions should be put in place. How do you guys feel about medical devices, medications, etc? A lot of these require a medical license to purchase, yet I don't see an uproar over that? Just curious.
View Quote

I'm fine with it all being over the counter.  Or Amazon Prime.

Link Posted: 1/5/2016 6:14:02 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

No, it doesn't Not at all. You're way off base and your feels are showing.

Rights are rights. The end. If a person serves their time and is released, they should not be stripped of any rights. I would argue that doing so is actually illegal under the Constitution, as are gun laws of all types.

Freedom will, it seems, always be scary for some people but there will never be a shortage of those who believe they are more qualified to tell others what to do.
Link Posted: 1/5/2016 6:15:34 PM EDT
[#41]
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Not everyone does,
http://tse3.mm.bing.net/th?id=OIP.M511a58ef7ec21870513c1298f9087acfH0&pid=15.1

Ah, the old, "they owned slaves" adage.

I remember when Communist cock sucker Ed Schultz said that in his attack on the 2A.
Link Posted: 1/5/2016 6:15:55 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

#facepalm

Both. I fail to see the problem.
Link Posted: 1/5/2016 6:17:12 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Same. It should be. The government has no authorization to manage that. It's all about money.
Link Posted: 1/5/2016 6:18:03 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:
I'm against every single one of them. I want to be able to buy whatever I want, whenever I want to.
View Quote

Link Posted: 1/5/2016 6:24:40 PM EDT
[#45]

Quoted:

are you are for laws restricting gun ownership/possession or against those laws.

This is everything. CHL/CCW to NFA, GCA everything. If you even agree with one law that restricts gun ownership or possession you are an anti in my book. I am stick of this fucking this law is ok but this one isn't. Go over to DU where you belong.
View Quote
I don't want nut case psychopaths with guns..does that make me anti gun.. I don't want drunk people driving cars does that make me anti beer.. I want it to be against the law to steal does that make me anti possession. I am sick of traffic laws maybe we should just dispense with all of them..If you don't agree you are anti driving..Yes we have too many gun restrictions. Yes we as law abiding citizens should be able to buy what we want when we want and carry where we want. We still need laws or we become a land of anarchy.  
Link Posted: 1/5/2016 6:36:03 PM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

My father was convicted of a white collar crime felony. I don't want to go into the details, but he was a gambling addict and made a poor decision in regards to a relatively small amount of money (a couple thousand). He repaid all money plus interst and penalties. He hasn't gambled in 13 years. He is not nor has he ever been violent.

Why does his mistake cost him his right? You know what, FUCK YOU Commurado! I don't want to hear your fucking bullshit answer about treading on others rights you <coc> <coc-er>!!!!!!!!!!!!
Link Posted: 1/5/2016 6:36:03 PM EDT
[#47]
We can't even keep felons from killing each other IN prison. What makes you think a gun law is going to stop them once they get out?

(Same question goes for drugs)
Link Posted: 1/5/2016 6:38:16 PM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:

My father was convicted of a white collar crime felony. I don't want to go into the details, but he was a gambling addict and made a poor decision in regards to a relatively small amount of money (a couple thousand). He repaid all money plus interst and penalties. He hasn't gambled in 13 years. He is not nor has he ever been violent.

Why does his mistake cost him his right? You know what, FUCK YOU Commurado! I don't want to hear your fucking bullshit answer about treading on others rights you <coc> <coc-er>!!!!!!!!!!!!
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

I said VIOLENT felons. lmfao

see page 1
Link Posted: 1/5/2016 6:38:37 PM EDT
[#49]
Link Posted: 1/5/2016 6:38:40 PM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:

I'm confused.
View Quote

What about all those Violent , I mean, Non Violent Felons Obama let out ?

Confused by poll also.
Page / 7
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top