Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 7
Link Posted: 1/5/2016 4:44:16 PM EDT
[#1]
Malum Prohibitum vs. Malum in Se.

For laws I use the filter; Is it bad because it's prohibited?  Or is it bad in and of itself?
Link Posted: 1/5/2016 4:44:35 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

We're talking about people who have served their sentences and been released back into society.  I don't think anyone supports prisoners owning guns on the cell block.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

'created' equal.  after committing a violent crime and convicted of that crime, you aren't equal anymore are you?

We're talking about people who have served their sentences and been released back into society.  I don't think anyone supports prisoners owning guns on the cell block.

I wonder if it Is easier for violent felons to get guns in prison or for violent felons to get guns on the black market...
Link Posted: 1/5/2016 4:45:39 PM EDT
[#3]
They walk among us.  See sig line below.
Link Posted: 1/5/2016 4:45:39 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
I've always wanted to apply to form 1 a 6-8" pipe bomb. With drawings showing intent and everything.

Mainly for "the story" and "because I can"
View Quote

That sounds scary.  Freedom is scary.
Link Posted: 1/5/2016 4:45:47 PM EDT
[#5]
tagged to fill the "gungrabber"section of my ignore list.
Link Posted: 1/5/2016 4:46:08 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

'created' equal.  after committing a violent crime and convicted of that crime, you aren't equal anymore are you?

you do realize that a very high percentage of these felons are re-peat offenders right?  allowing them to go purchase a gun right after leaving the pen to commit their next crime is a great idea!  Maybe we should construct gun shops at the exit door of the Pen so they can exercise their god given rights and to satisfy all the arfcommers!!

and... while I'm sure a-lot of them can get guns on the street, its' definitely a-lot harder.   Besides, pretty sure that felons in possession of a illegal firearm and especially one during a crime allows prosecutors to convict with alot more severity in terms of sentence.
Link Posted: 1/5/2016 4:47:40 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:

you do realize that a very high percentage of these felons are re-peat offenders right?  allowing them to go purchase a gun right after leaving the pen to commit their next crime is a great idea!  Maybe we should construct gun shops at the exit door of the Pen so they can exercise their god given rights and to satisfy all the arfcommers!!

View All Quotes
Quoted:

But they already buy one of the half billion guns in circulation and commit crimes with them.

So again, I ask, how are you planning on stopping them?

Quoted:

and... while I'm sure a-lot of them can get guns on the street, its'
definitely a-lot harder.

Quoted:

Besides, pretty sure that felons in
possession of a illegal firearm and especially one during a crime allows
prosecutors to convict with alot more severity in terms of sentence.

So instead of just keeping them in prison, cause it's too expensive...

You let them out.  They commit more crimes with more victims.  You pay for yet another trial and then sentence them to longer terms because they used a gun.

Then you pay for them to be in prison anyway.

Link Posted: 1/5/2016 4:47:56 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

If they're destined to re-offend then why are we letting them out of prison?  Sounds like your problem is with criminal sentencing rather than with gun rights.
Link Posted: 1/5/2016 4:49:08 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

I suspect the guy who just left the pen is still under some sort of supervision in most cases.
Link Posted: 1/5/2016 4:49:22 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

if they haven't bee rehabilitated why have they been released from prison?

And it isn't like by their current prohibited person status they are not getting guns, they just aren't buying them at the local Wallmarks.
Link Posted: 1/5/2016 4:50:10 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

If they're destined to re-offend then why are we letting them out of prison?  Sounds like your problem is with criminal sentencing rather than with gun rights.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

because that's how our system is setup.  The prison infrastructure does not allow us to keep all violent felons behind bars for their entire life.  We already have the largest prison population in the world right?

Im done in this thread though... I like a good discussion from time to time though
Link Posted: 1/5/2016 4:50:11 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

Sure, why not, they've always been able to buy/own guns before the background check bullshit. When they shoot someone, shoot them dead on the spot, or hang them.

The problem isn't guns, it's criminals getting chance after chance, when they should be dead or rotting in prison, so I'm going to go ahead and blame the judges and or DA's.

Also, if you own a gun shop and don't want to sell to an individual who isn't quite right in the head, you may deny a sale to the above mentioned persons.

Your shop, your rules UNLESS YOU ARE A BAKERY. But hey, it's America, and we should be ruled by fucking assholes like Obama and the P.C. feelz brigade.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
So violent felons and schizophrenics should have guns?

I'm confused.

Sure, why not, they've always been able to buy/own guns before the background check bullshit. When they shoot someone, shoot them dead on the spot, or hang them.

The problem isn't guns, it's criminals getting chance after chance, when they should be dead or rotting in prison, so I'm going to go ahead and blame the judges and or DA's.

Also, if you own a gun shop and don't want to sell to an individual who isn't quite right in the head, you may deny a sale to the above mentioned persons.

Your shop, your rules UNLESS YOU ARE A BAKERY. But hey, it's America, and we should be ruled by fucking assholes like Obama and the P.C. feelz brigade.

FIFY
Link Posted: 1/5/2016 4:50:51 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

and... while I'm sure a-lot of them can get guns on the street, its' definitely a-lot harder.  
View Quote

Why in the world would you think that?  
Link Posted: 1/5/2016 4:51:16 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
are you are for laws restricting gun ownership/possession or against those laws.

This is everything. CHL/CCW to NFA, GCA everything. If you even agree with one law that restricts gun ownership or possession you are an anti in my book. I am stick of this fucking this law is ok but this one isn't. Go over to DU where you belong.
View Quote

Grow up.
Link Posted: 1/5/2016 4:51:26 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

Why are those violent felons out of jail?  Why are those schizophrenics that can't be trusted with a gun not committed?

I'm confused.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I'm confused.

Why are those violent felons out of jail?  Why are those schizophrenics that can't be trusted with a gun not committed?

I'm confused.

Because freedom.
There are more right out there then just the 2a.
You did ten home invasions, paid your debt and are released.
You have paid your debt, you still are not someone to be trusted with a weapon.
Link Posted: 1/5/2016 4:52:47 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

So a couple of hood rats that just served 7 years for a mugging and beating of an elderly lady should be able to waltz out of prison
and walk to the nearest gun store and buy a few handguns?

If you say well they shouldn't have been released , that's an invalid argument because our justice system doesn't
provide life  for every violent crime
Link Posted: 1/5/2016 4:52:49 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

If they're "safe" enough to be in the community then they should have all the rights of a regular citizen.  This is what I don't understand with the left.  They talk a big game about rehabilitating criminals and hugging thugs and whatnot but they are never interested in actually reintegrating felons into society.

Really, if they're so dangerous they can't be trusted with the rights of citizens then they should still be locked up.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
I all for not allowing VIOLENT convicted felons to have the ability to purchase guns.  Spin it however you want...

If they're "safe" enough to be in the community then they should have all the rights of a regular citizen.  This is what I don't understand with the left.  They talk a big game about rehabilitating criminals and hugging thugs and whatnot but they are never interested in actually reintegrating felons into society.

Really, if they're so dangerous they can't be trusted with the rights of citizens then they should still be locked up.

How do they earn back the public trust if they are never released?
Link Posted: 1/5/2016 4:53:52 PM EDT
[#18]
Guns are a great responsibility. We should punish crimes involving the use of weapons, harshly.

However, I also believe that neither poverty nor past actions should take away your right to self defense. Zero laws surrounding guns themselves, make the laws about the crime.
Link Posted: 1/5/2016 4:54:55 PM EDT
[#19]
Threads like this are absolutely retarded. You know the answer to this. Every single person will say they're against gun control, a few idiots will vote for gun control but not comment in the thread, and it will end up like every other thread like it.

This is a gun website. Read the question you asked, then say "this is a gun website"
Link Posted: 1/5/2016 4:55:04 PM EDT
[#20]
the big ones you will see are the prohibitions in the gca ie felons crazy people illegal immigrants etc

i've always maintained that if they can not be trusted to be free in society without harming others they shouldn't be free in society
Link Posted: 1/5/2016 4:55:12 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

Take every murder ever committed by violent felons and schizophrenics in the entire history of the United States then compare that to the deaths in an unarmed tyrannical state such as Nazi Germany, the Soviet Union, China, or Cambodia. It would be less than one percent. Risk of a tyrannical government versus armed violent felons and schizophrenics? Arm every felon and schizophrenic we would be much safer.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I'm confused.

Take every murder ever committed by violent felons and schizophrenics in the entire history of the United States then compare that to the deaths in an unarmed tyrannical state such as Nazi Germany, the Soviet Union, China, or Cambodia. It would be less than one percent. Risk of a tyrannical government versus armed violent felons and schizophrenics? Arm every felon and schizophrenic we would be much safer.

You think our freedom from a tyrannical government rests on violent armed felons.
LOL
Link Posted: 1/5/2016 4:55:14 PM EDT
[#22]
I am for 1 law restricting gun ownership in the US, and that is citizenship.  If you are not a United States Citizen, you should not be allowed to possess a firearm here.
Link Posted: 1/5/2016 4:55:57 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:

I'm confused.
View Quote

there are a lot of schizophrenics who function just fine and aren't a danger to anyone
Link Posted: 1/5/2016 4:56:08 PM EDT
[#24]
Should a violent felon released from prison be allowed to drive on public streets?

It would be well within the constitutional purview of the government to disallow that...
Link Posted: 1/5/2016 4:56:28 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
I am for 1 law restricting gun ownership in the US, and that is citizenship.  If you are not a United States Citizen, you should not be allowed to possess a firearm here.
View Quote

Here's a fun fact. Our Constitution protects EVERYONE. Not just citizens.

So are you for or against the constitution?
Link Posted: 1/5/2016 4:57:33 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I'm confused.

Yep. This is where I'm at.

Abolish all gun laws.
Link Posted: 1/5/2016 4:57:40 PM EDT
[#27]

Quoted:

View Quote

How are you going to prevent non-citizens from purchasing guns if there are no other gun laws?

Link Posted: 1/5/2016 4:57:59 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
View Quote

Gun Grabber !!

I would add a minimum age requirement to that list, call me crazy.
Link Posted: 1/5/2016 4:59:02 PM EDT
[#29]

Quoted:

are you are for laws restricting gun ownership/possession or against those laws.

This is everything. CHL/CCW to NFA, GCA everything. If you even agree with one law that restricts gun ownership or possession you are an anti in my book. I am stick of this fucking this law is ok but this one isn't. Go over to DU where you belong.
View Quote
If being in favor of someone that has lost their rights via due process as prescribed in the constitution makes me an anti- in your book, so be it.

Other than that…no, I am not in favor of laws that restrict gun ownership.

Link Posted: 1/5/2016 4:59:14 PM EDT
[#30]

Quoted:

Threads like this are absolutely retarded. You know the answer to this. Every single person will say they're against gun control, a few idiots will vote for gun control but not comment in the thread, and it will end up like every other thread like it.

This is a gun website. Read the question you asked, then say "this is a gun website"
View Quote

You should read the thread.  There are plenty of people actively supporting gun control.

Link Posted: 1/5/2016 4:59:52 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:
View Quote

So you think DK-prof shouldn't own guns? IIRC he is only a legal resident.
Link Posted: 1/5/2016 5:00:44 PM EDT
[#32]
This is my kind of thread.

Link Posted: 1/5/2016 5:00:53 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:

Because freedom.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

I'm confused.

I'm confused.

Because freedom.

I thought prisons were supposed to rehabilitate and punish.  Seems like they're doing neither if violent felons who cannot be trusted are released into society.  

If only there was some way to reduce the amount of non-violent inmates taking up cell space so those violent felons can be rehabilitated ...
Link Posted: 1/5/2016 5:00:56 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:

View Quote

Parental decision, not a government decision.
Link Posted: 1/5/2016 5:01:48 PM EDT
[#35]

Quoted:
Then go ahead and offer up your money to pay for their life sentences.  I'm fine with them being set free even on the condition that they may not be 'rehabilitated' but I still think they lost their right to own a firearm.
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

I all for not allowing VIOLENT convicted felons to have the ability to purchase guns.  Spin it however you want...

Then go ahead and offer up your money to pay for their life sentences.  I'm fine with them being set free even on the condition that they may not be 'rehabilitated' but I still think they lost their right to own a firearm.

So un-rehabilitated felons should be free to only stab or maul people????  

Got it.
Link Posted: 1/5/2016 5:03:19 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:

Gun Grabber !!

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Gun Grabber !!

Nice first post.  

Would you support a government mandated minimum age to start a blog or youtube channel as well?
Link Posted: 1/5/2016 5:03:47 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:

I thought prisons were supposed to rehabilitate and punish.  Seems like they're doing neither if violent felons who cannot be trusted are released into society.  

If only there was some way to reduce the amount of non-violent inmates taking up cell space so those violent felons can be rehabilitated ...
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

I'm confused.

I'm confused.

Because freedom.

Do you honestly believe that our government is capable of creating a place where a high majority of life fuck-ups will magically become rehabilitated, productive members of society? LOL
Link Posted: 1/5/2016 5:03:52 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:

Gun Grabber !!

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Gun Grabber !!

I don't know, if a 10 year old came I in and threw down $1k in cash to buy a gun I'd say let him have it.

Don't like age requirements for anything though.
Link Posted: 1/5/2016 5:04:07 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:

You should read the thread.  There are plenty of people actively supporting gun control.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Yep, I posted it before reading, now I'm eatin crow.

Everyone here in support of any gun law should be ashamed
Link Posted: 1/5/2016 5:04:38 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Have you seen the "parents" these days?!
Link Posted: 1/5/2016 5:05:38 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:

Do you honestly believe that our government is capable of creating a place where a high majority of life fuck-ups will magically become rehabilitated, productive members of society? LOL
View Quote

Well, you seem to think it's tougher to buy a gun illegally on the street than from a licensed dealer..... glass houses and all that.
Link Posted: 1/5/2016 5:05:55 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:
View Quote

Nope, but I think that is more a commentary on where we are as a society, not reflective on the massive fuck up, sprawling morass of local-state-federal government we have now.  
Link Posted: 1/5/2016 5:06:26 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Have you seen our government these days?  I'll take my chances with the parents.
Link Posted: 1/5/2016 5:06:37 PM EDT
[#44]

Quoted:

Yep, I posted it before reading, now I'm eatin crow.

Everyone here in support of any gun law should be ashamed
View Quote

If history is any indication, the support restrictions side will climb to around 40% before the thread is out and someone is likely to support universal background checks backed up with a biometric federal ID.

Link Posted: 1/5/2016 5:06:50 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:

Violent felons and schizos shouldn't be walking the streets.  Same goes for those that can't be trusted on an airplane.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I'm confused.

Violent felons and schizos shouldn't be walking the streets.  Same goes for those that can't be trusted on an airplane.

And here is where the derp starts.

I guess ill just go on over to DU now because OP says im a commie.

Link Posted: 1/5/2016 5:07:07 PM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

I'm confused.

I'm confused.

Because freedom.

Abuse of freedom should lead to a loss of freedom. Now, that said, people also shouldn't pay the price for one mistake.  Either way I don't think guns should be the things being regulated in these scenarios.
Link Posted: 1/5/2016 5:09:20 PM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:

Got it.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Got it.

or run people over with cars?
Link Posted: 1/5/2016 5:10:26 PM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

There have been threads here where they have argued that the rights in the Constitution are not unalienable
Link Posted: 1/5/2016 5:13:25 PM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

I'm confused.

I'm confused.

Because freedom.

Only a liberal believes prisions rehabilitate.
You committed a crime, the punishment was you lose a prescribed number of years off your life. If the crime is bad enough you lose them all.
Link Posted: 1/5/2016 5:13:34 PM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I'm confused.

I would have agreed with you, but the no-fly list is a joke. A cruel joke that denies people due process and is easy to be put on and impossible to removed from.
Page / 7
Top Top