User Panel

Page / 3
Link Posted: 12/23/2015 12:37:19 AM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Why is this an issue?
View Quote

Because everyone is a special snow flake and no one else matters.
Link Posted: 12/23/2015 12:38:55 AM EDT
[#2]
Photo looked fine, what's the issue
Link Posted: 12/23/2015 12:42:03 AM EDT
[#3]
Mom didn't get the kid she wanted, the life she wanted; and now she didn't get the Santa picture she wanted.

Life is so unfair.
Link Posted: 12/23/2015 12:45:40 AM EDT
[#4]
Whiny bitch.
Link Posted: 12/23/2015 12:55:55 AM EDT
[#5]
I'm gratified to read so many outraged responses in the article.

It's refreshing to see so many folks express their irritation with special agendas.

Maybe this Trump thing is the start of a new awakening.  I haven't seen so many people speak out against PC in a quite a while.  

I guess there is some merit to Lincoln's thought that you can fool all of the people some of the time, and some of the people all of the time, but you cannot fool all of the people all of the time.
Link Posted: 12/23/2015 12:58:52 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
I'm gratified to read so many outraged responses in the article.

It's refreshing to see so many folks express their irritation with special agendas.

Maybe this Trump thing is the start of a new awakening.  I haven't seen so many people speak out against PC in a quite a while.  

I guess there is some merit to Lincoln's thought that you can fool all of the people some of the time, and some of the people all of the time, but you cannot fool all of the people all of the time.
View Quote

Have always felt this way.  PC will be the death of this nation.
Link Posted: 12/23/2015 1:08:01 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

That is an option. However, looking at the video the family did not appear to be well off in the first place. Add to that a child who undoubtedly has racked up some major healthcare bills and perhaps the free picture was all they could afford.

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
I can kinda see where the Mom is coming from. We just had our first child this year, and while I am fairly ambivalent about it my wife really wanted a picture of my son sitting on Santa's lap. I guess for this mother she had the perfect picture in her mind of her child that will probably die soon sitting on Santa's lap, and when it didn't happen exactly how she planned she got upset. That being said, the picture of Santa and the child looks great, and I hope after the child is gone it remains a positive memory for her.

If you want the "perfect" Santa picture, go and pay for a professional one.

That is an option. However, looking at the video the family did not appear to be well off in the first place. Add to that a child who undoubtedly has racked up some major healthcare bills and perhaps the free picture was all they could afford.

That may be true and it would suck for the parents.  But let us look at this from everyone else's point of view.  The service was free to everyone.  Special mom is holding up the line and unhooking medical apparatus.  Santa may not be comfortable holding a terminally ill child for a couple of reasons ranging from it gives him the willie's to oh fuck if the kid dies in my arms I am gonna get fucking fired and sued and be mentally fucked up dealing with it.  So Santa makes a decision to get up and go to the kid for the picture.  Since it is not the picture mommy wants she has a hissy fit.

Basically, several sayings come to mind.

You get what you pay for.  No good deed goes unpunished.  Never look a gift horse in the mouth.  This is why we can't have nice things.

I get Mom has a lot of shit going on.  But people feeling all sympathetic and giving people passes for shitty behavior is a huge part of why so many people exhibit shitty behavior.
Link Posted: 12/23/2015 1:15:21 AM EDT
[#8]

I don't get it, he was holding the child...what's the difference.  it didn't look like he was touching him inappropriately or dangling him upside down or some shit.  he was holding the boy the same way I often hold my own child.
Link Posted: 12/23/2015 1:16:40 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
Mom didn't get the kid she wanted, the life she wanted; and now she didn't get the Santa picture she wanted.

Life is so unfair.
View Quote

The straw the broke the camels back lol

Bass proshops should manned the fuck up Trump wouldn't have bitched out...he would have said it was a good picture and if she doesn't like it should could fuck off and get schlonged someplace.
Link Posted: 12/23/2015 1:17:39 AM EDT
[#10]
Looking for free shit.
Link Posted: 12/23/2015 1:25:16 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
Complaining about a free picture with Santa
View Quote

Yep

Link Posted: 12/23/2015 1:49:52 AM EDT
[#12]

I don't Facebook so hopefully multitudes of likeminded people have lit this self-centered cunt up for this.

Bass Pro Shops should be equally chastised for hoping up to kiss her ass and make it seem as though Santa and his elves were somehow unconcerned with the well being of suffering children.

Fuck I hate companies who embolden these attention whores.

Link Posted: 12/23/2015 2:10:31 AM EDT
[#13]

Outraged over Santa standing??? Outraged??

Don't ever let a ripe, wet fart rip in front of her, she would have a heart attack.

Link Posted: 12/23/2015 2:23:33 AM EDT
[#14]
Is everything an outrage nowadays?
Link Posted: 12/23/2015 2:28:02 AM EDT
[#15]

Jeez....

Fucking special snowflake parents...

I do not see the problem.
Link Posted: 12/23/2015 2:30:46 AM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
How often does a mall santa get peed on?
View Quote

Not a mall Santa but...

This guy pee'd on Santa, so... "WHERE MAH MONEY"?!?!?!

Link Posted: 12/23/2015 2:37:54 AM EDT
[#17]
Let me get a car crushed up into a cube, and take it to the auto show. Think bikini models will pose with it?
Link Posted: 12/23/2015 3:11:23 AM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

That may be true and it would suck for the parents.  But let us look at this from everyone else's point of view.  The service was free to everyone.  Special mom is holding up the line and unhooking medical apparatus.  Santa may not be comfortable holding a terminally ill child for a couple of reasons ranging from it gives him the willie's to oh fuck if the kid dies in my arms I am gonna get fucking fired and sued and be mentally fucked up dealing with it.  So Santa makes a decision to get up and go to the kid for the picture.  Since it is not the picture mommy wants she has a hissy fit.

You get what you pay for.  No good deed goes unpunished.  Never look a gift horse in the mouth.  This is why we can't have nice things.

I get Mom has a lot of shit going on.  But people feeling all sympathetic and giving people passes for shitty behavior is a huge part of why so many people exhibit shitty behavior.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
I can kinda see where the Mom is coming from. We just had our first child this year, and while I am fairly ambivalent about it my wife really wanted a picture of my son sitting on Santa's lap. I guess for this mother she had the perfect picture in her mind of her child that will probably die soon sitting on Santa's lap, and when it didn't happen exactly how she planned she got upset. That being said, the picture of Santa and the child looks great, and I hope after the child is gone it remains a positive memory for her.

I'll lead off by saying that I am not trying to make an excuse for shitty behavior. I find that everybody trying to get a few seconds of fame by being outraged, offended, or "discriminated" against to be distasteful and nothing more than attention whoring.
Perhaps when the mother walked into Bass Pro all she wanted was a normal (no tubes or medical apparatus) picture of her child with Santa before the kid dies. Maybe she was in Bass Pro because she couldn't afford the ridiculous prices that a picture with Santa usually costs. There were most likely a bunch of people in line as well if the backed up exits and packed parking lot at the Bass Pro here in Nashville are any indication. I would offer a guess that while she was taking a few minutes to unhook her son that Santa stood up so as soon as she handed him the child he took the picture and handed him back so the line could keep moving. She probably tried to raise a stink about the kid sitting on his lap for a picture and Santa said no because she had already held the line up long enough. At this point, mom now feels discriminated against or slighted in some way that her kid didn't get a "normal" picture and decides to make a stink about it. All conjecture of course since I was not there, but it seems like a pretty logical sequence of events.
The reason I can see her side of the story is because my wife and I just visited with my wife's cousin whose son was born with Williams Syndrome. Seeing the struggle she is going through to try and raise her son as normally as possible while dealing with all his medical issues made me realize how fortunate I am to have a son who is healthy in every way and who is able to take a "normal" picture with Santa, even if he did decide he didn't like Santa and throw a fit.
I guess in all of the wall of text I just wrote I am trying to say that while Mom probably could have handled it better I can kinda see her side of the story, assuming all my assumptions are somewhat correct. At the end of the day, having a picture of her son sitting on Santa's lap without all his medical accouterments may have been all she wanted for Christmas.
Link Posted: 12/23/2015 3:40:00 AM EDT
[#19]
Maybe Santa thought it was a good idea to get the kid hooked back up to his life support systems ASAP.
Link Posted: 12/23/2015 4:04:51 AM EDT
[#20]

She does realize that this wasn't the REAL Santa, right?

Link Posted: 12/23/2015 4:09:23 AM EDT
[#21]
So mom had to take baby off of his assisted breathing device and doesn't understand why Santa wants to get the kid back on it quickly?  Ummm.  Ok..
Link Posted: 12/23/2015 4:15:50 AM EDT
[#22]
Santa did fine.  Mom's a dumb, obnoxious twat whose motives are suspect.  Bass Pro bitched out.
Link Posted: 12/23/2015 4:18:13 AM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
Is everything an outrage nowadays?
View Quote

Only if your feelings are hurt or you didn't get what you wanted.
So yeah, pretty much.
Link Posted: 12/23/2015 4:19:37 AM EDT
[#24]
Maybe her having a special snowflake child is Karma's way of repaying her for her cuntiness....

Poor little fucker, though...
Link Posted: 12/23/2015 4:46:42 AM EDT
[#25]
So this stupid bitch took her infant son who is hooked up to a breathing apparatus around a bunch of snot nosed kids during cold and flu season?

WTF is she thinking?
Link Posted: 12/23/2015 5:33:24 AM EDT
[#26]
well you get what you pay for.
Link Posted: 12/23/2015 5:35:44 AM EDT
[#27]
Sounds like an arfcommer, offended and outraged all the time.
Link Posted: 12/23/2015 5:40:09 AM EDT
[#28]

Quoted:

Stupid bitch, Santa did what he thought was best in the situation, and I agree with him. She needs a good ass whopping
View Quote
Santa see's child too young and in too much medical difficulty to even know who Santa is being disconnected from breathing machine and is concerned about getting child back on breathing machine as soon as possible.

Mother put's picture for herself ahead of child's breathing.

Mother complains about Santa's sensible concern.

News people happy for dirty laundry.

Link Posted: 12/23/2015 5:43:33 AM EDT
[#29]

Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

I consider what she did a form of abuse.  I feel sorry for the kid and Santa.  It's horrible what she must be going through, but her actions aren't right at all.

Link Posted: 12/23/2015 5:47:04 AM EDT
[#30]
I just don't see the problem here.
Link Posted: 12/23/2015 5:48:59 AM EDT
[#31]

Quoted:
I'll lead off by saying that I am not trying to make an excuse for shitty behavior. I find that everybody trying to get a few seconds of fame by being outraged, offended, or "discriminated" against to be distasteful and nothing more than attention whoring.

Perhaps when the mother walked into Bass Pro all she wanted was a normal (no tubes or medical apparatus) picture of her child with Santa before the kid dies. Maybe she was in Bass Pro because she couldn't afford the ridiculous prices that a picture with Santa usually costs. There were most likely a bunch of people in line as well if the backed up exits and packed parking lot at the Bass Pro here in Nashville are any indication. I would offer a guess that while she was taking a few minutes to unhook her son that Santa stood up so as soon as she handed him the child he took the picture and handed him back so the line could keep moving. She probably tried to raise a stink about the kid sitting on his lap for a picture and Santa said no because she had already held the line up long enough. At this point, mom now feels discriminated against or slighted in some way that her kid didn't get a "normal" picture and decides to make a stink about it. All conjecture of course since I was not there, but it seems like a pretty logical sequence of events.

The reason I can see her side of the story is because my wife and I just visited with my wife's cousin whose son was born with Williams Syndrome. Seeing the struggle she is going through to try and raise her son as normally as possible while dealing with all his medical issues made me realize how fortunate I am to have a son who is healthy in every way and who is able to take a "normal" picture with Santa, even if he did decide he didn't like Santa and throw a fit.

I guess in all of the wall of text I just wrote I am trying to say that while Mom probably could have handled it better I can kinda see her side of the story, assuming all my assumptions are somewhat correct. At the end of the day, having a picture of her son sitting on Santa's lap without all his medical accouterments may have been all she wanted for Christmas.
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Maybe all the kid wanted was his next breath of air and all Santa wanted was not be depriving a child of that air.

Link Posted: 12/23/2015 5:49:59 AM EDT
[#32]
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Bass Pro Shops said in statement Monday "this is not something we feel great about."

According to the organization, Santa Claus, his elves and store employees taking part in the free picture promotion go through sensitivity training before each holiday season.

The sensitivity coach must have missed this one.

http://i13.photobucket.com/albums/a288/callgood/ChristmasStory_147Pyxurz_zps9362423f.jpg

Ho ho ho!  Next!
Link Posted: 12/23/2015 5:55:01 AM EDT
[#33]
There is nothing that I can say which will be ok.
Link Posted: 12/23/2015 5:58:16 AM EDT
[#34]
We have become a nation of pussies.
Link Posted: 12/23/2015 5:59:03 AM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
According to the organization, Santa Claus, his elves and store employees taking part in the free picture promotion go through sensitivity training before each holiday season.

I was more like.............
Link Posted: 12/23/2015 6:10:00 AM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Like I said, I am sure it sucks for the parents.  I can empathize with them with out "seeing her side."  Part of the reason for that is I have worked with, dated (briefly), am related too or dealt with a lot of parents with kids with terminal illnesses or serious illnesses/defects.  I can empathize with their plight.  I respect the hell out of most of them.  Some I despise because they use it as an excuse for everything in their life and/or as a way to get over.  Based on my experiences, the ones who complain about shit like this are not in the former category.

That is why I made the comment excusing shitty behavior because of things like this only encourages shitty behavior.  If all mom wanted for Christmas was the perfect pic with Santa she had a lot of options other than the one she chose.  She could have told friends and family that was what she wanted for Christmas.  She could have talked to store management and explained the situation before hopping in line.  She could have taken the first pic and then asked to speak with a manager afterwards and explained the situation.  She chose none of those.
Link Posted: 12/23/2015 6:30:28 AM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Kids can read. I think that was well done.

They didn't say anything to compromise his identity... you jerks.
Link Posted: 12/23/2015 6:44:13 AM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:
Ummm, perhaps Santa, after witnessing all the paraphernalia attached being removed, decided that it was best to get the picture, and return the child.  Sounds like mom was being "self"-ish.
View Quote

I agree, if I witnessed someone removing something that kept a child AIVE I would be nervous  as heck.   Then you want me to put the child in a position that could possibly harm the child more?  No thanks.   I think that Santa did the right thing.  
Link Posted: 12/23/2015 6:51:55 AM EDT
[#39]

Even if you wanted to argue that the Santa was an ass, or insensitive, or something...

Why exactly is this a thing?  Blame Santa, or the manager, or your own neuroses.  Nobody gives a shit.  Get over it.  This isn't news.

"In other news, local woman doesn't like the salad at the restaurant on 4th street.  More at 11."

What a trivial, childish society we are becoming.
Link Posted: 12/23/2015 6:55:59 AM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:
People really make me hate the Christmas seasonpeople...

I'm ready to get off this rock.
View Quote

Link Posted: 12/23/2015 6:58:14 AM EDT
[#41]
Link Posted: 12/23/2015 7:19:28 AM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:
Why is this an issue?
View Quote

this.

Santa volunteers aren't trained medical personnel, and I'm sure it was likely unnerving at the least to have this baby unplugged from machines to take this a pic, that wasn't about the baby, but for mom and dad... Volunteer Santa held the baby, then handed him back ASAP so he could be re-attached to his machines.

I'd probably do the same thing.
Link Posted: 12/23/2015 7:26:38 AM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:
Maybe Santa thought it was a good idea to get the kid hooked back up to his life support systems ASAP.
View Quote

That was the first thing I thought reading the article.
Link Posted: 12/23/2015 7:32:08 AM EDT
[#44]
it's all over her facebook page, seems like it's all for attention.
Link Posted: 12/23/2015 7:34:22 AM EDT
[#45]
The mom sounds cunty. Prayers for that child.
Link Posted: 12/23/2015 7:37:03 AM EDT
[#46]
Link Posted: 12/23/2015 7:41:01 AM EDT
[#47]
Link Posted: 12/23/2015 7:42:55 AM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:
People can really suck the life out of life...
View Quote

Link Posted: 12/23/2015 7:48:40 AM EDT
[#49]
Minimum wage guy/ store employee  Santa, was probably mortified to see the child removed from his life sustaining breathing apparatus and other medical devices and wanted to have the picture taken and the child returned to his parents and apparatus as soon as possible.

The story is bullshit and I'm tired of all the bullshit.
Link Posted: 12/23/2015 7:52:53 AM EDT
[#50]
Is that kid ever going to be a productive member of society?

Merry Christmas, kid!
Page / 3
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top