User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 3
Link Posted: 11/29/2015 4:38:27 AM EDT
[#1]
Rant OWNS page 2
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Honda fucked me on an odyssey van, no reach around, no romance just plain old fucked me like the first night in prison. Take your money and set on on goddammned fire before you buy a Honda van or any Honda with their goddamned automatic transmission. They build a shitty product and then when the fucking transmission falls out they only cover it if you toot it to the dealer for EVERY fucking oil change! Only genuine fucking Honda oil and filters put in by the fuckin pothead service man who has to have a long lunch on Friday to see his fucking probation officer. Hell no they don't care if you documented all the service yourself and used Mobil 1 synthetic and Bosch filters and Mobil 1 transmission fluid at 50k miles, you are not qualified to do this like Alex "I made special brownies" the service monkey! Fuck Honda North America Fuck the salesman who talked us into the piece of shit! Fuck Honda certified pre-owned! Fuck anyone who builds a shitty product and won't stand behind it! Fuck their weaksauced, under lubricated 3rd gear shaft and overheating transmissions! Fuck fuckffuck a Honda minivan. Nissan is what I would go with if you have to get a goddamned minivan. Had a suburban before and an expedition after, the gas mileage was about the same for all of them. I'd go with an SUV. Minivans often run the same transmission as the company's leading sedan nut have a lot more weight and passengers and just don't fucking hold up but goddamn a Honda! Get something truck based or you're pissing money down the drain!
View Quote

8.2 as far as rants go!
Link Posted: 11/29/2015 4:55:24 AM EDT
[#2]
Wife wanted us to look at the Odyssey and Sienna a few months ago and chose the Odyssey (leather seat version).  She loves it, calls it her second home.    

They are so similar that you really have to choose based on subtle differences.  My wife found moving down the rear seats in the Sienna difficult (requires more arm strength, 50lbs vs 25lbs in the Odyssey IIRC), and that was the thing that pushed us over to the Odyssey.  I'm not too thrilled with the Odyssey's seats for long term driving, but I don't recall if the Sienna's was much better.   As usual, Honda drives better, but the Toyotas drive acceptably IMO now, much better than they did the last time I car shopped (2000 Accord).  Our trim Odyssey also comes with a backup and a right side view camera; don't recall what the Sienna comes with, but those are really really useful.  

FYI, the current generation US model Honda Pilot and Toyota Highlander use the same engine (and probably other components) as the van.  AFAIC, the vans are much more useful vehicles, a bit bigger but about the same weight (and thus power-to-weight ratio), but with much more space for kids, dogs, luggage, etc..  See this comparison..  A buddy of mine has a (2013 IIRC) suburban.  That's a much, much bigger vehicle, and he claims it's a better people-hauler (usually he has to haul himself, the Mrs. 4 kids and his mum).  But we call it the Koenigstiger for a reason - the thing's massive and I don't see how he does his drives around NJ and Manhattan in the thing.  (the Odyssey is in comparison a Panther).      

I've had no problems with my  Accord prior to 200k miles.  Do the recommended service.  If you get the Hondacare extended warranty (I did because of all the electronic gizmos), get it from Hyannis Honda online for $1300 (or make the dealer match it), keep all your records (maybe do oil changes yourself, but do major service professionally.   They can't legally deny you warranty service if you go elsewhere).   Maybe 5-10k miles before the warranty expires, bring it to a Honda dealer to have it looked over, and the dealer ought to be scrupulous (since American Honda's paying for any problems).   One thing: do all the automatic transmission fluid checks and fill ups yourself, using genuine Honda AT fluid and make sure if you need your fluid changed/flushed that whoever does it uses genuine Honda AT fluid.   My AT had problems circa 190k miles, and when I (probably foolishly) got it rebuilt the (non-Honda) transmission folks told me that Honda transmissions can be very problematic, but if they use the OEM fluid the chances are much lower.  YMMV on that.
Link Posted: 11/29/2015 11:18:17 AM EDT
[#3]
In Utah we call them mav's.Morman assault vehicles
Link Posted: 11/29/2015 11:36:20 AM EDT
[#4]
I have a 2008 Odyseey with about 181k on it right now.  Let me list the repairs.

GPS module died 3 times.  One time is showed me driving through a lake, that was amusing.  Replaced under warranty.
Backup camera died.  Warranty.
One of the spark plugs disintegrated in the head due to bad programming on the variable displacement.  Rebuilt under recall, but I pad for the other 3 cylinders $200
DVD player crapped out around 150k.  Replaced myself with refurbished. $300.
Oil sensor crapped out.  $300.
Upper coolant sensor crapped out.  Replaced myself for $20.

They've told me the control arms bushing are questionable, but I've ignored it.  They aren't serviceable so that's a $1200 job.

Currently another one of the coolant sensors is crapped out + an 02 sensor is dead.  I'm just driving with the check engine light on, don't care.  

Last time I was at the dealer they told me the timing belt tensioner was leaking.  Which is funny because I had it replaced at 105k with the timing belt service.   Either they lied or it only last 76k miles.

I've owned ford and nissan before this to similar mileages.  Both were more reliable, the ford being the best. I have a friend with a 2007 odyssey.  they had a motor mount crap out before 100k, that wasn't cheap.  If you buy an Odyssey get the extended warranty if you get all the electronics, they will crap out.

Link Posted: 11/29/2015 11:40:22 AM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:

Minivan=Loss of mancard

Get a SUV instead and retain your mancard
View Quote

We recently went to Texas in my wife's Equinox.

While we were there, we drove my dad's Town & Country.

If we didn't just buy the Equinox this year, we would be trading it in on a T&C. My wife and I both loved it, and it had so much room for us and our son. It was pretty quick too, way faster than my wife's V6 Equinox.

Link Posted: 11/29/2015 11:51:56 AM EDT
[#6]
My sister has a Town and Country and she likes it.  I'd recommend the Sienna because my fiancée has a Prius and it's got 101k with only 2 major repairs.  I'm curious to see how the Chrysler lasts as I understand they love to eat transmissions.

Link Posted: 11/29/2015 12:52:20 PM EDT
[#7]

I saw one of these with the head and taillights tinted. My jaw dropped
Link Posted: 11/29/2015 12:53:04 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

This,
Honda lost a sale not having AWD, we went Explorer instead. The Honda nameplate was the only thing that was going to get her into a bimbo box. And I wanted all wheel drive.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
If you see a lot of snow in your area, the Sienna is the only one with available AWD and about 1.5 inches more ground clearance than the Odyssey. It also has a timing chain so no belt to change at 90k.

This,
Honda lost a sale not having AWD, we went Explorer instead. The Honda nameplate was the only thing that was going to get her into a bimbo box. And I wanted all wheel drive.

The J series (what's in the odyssey) are also chain driven.
Link Posted: 11/29/2015 12:56:24 PM EDT
[#9]
I'd say Honda.

Reliability wise, you'll want a Honda or Toyota, but the Sienna I rented a year or so back handled like a bus. As in, my Chevy 2500 work truck handled better.
Link Posted: 11/29/2015 1:05:26 PM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:
I like that. My kids will be able to deploy out of that instead of just getting out of it.
View All Quotes
Quoted:

I like that. My kids will be able to deploy out of that instead of just getting out of it.
The best quote I ever read about minivans

Obviously you have yet to realize that the minivan is nothing more than a
surface bound Huey.  Slide those doors back, pivot the pigs out and lay
down some fire, while the dismounts form a perimeter!

Link Posted: 11/29/2015 2:27:31 PM EDT
[#11]
Thank you for all of the information. When we decide on which one to get I will post a review for the fun of it. It will most likely be Spring / Summer of 2016.
Link Posted: 11/29/2015 2:32:21 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Obviously you have yet to realize that the minivan is nothing more than a surface bound Huey.  Slide those doors back, pivot the pigs out and lay down some fire, while the dismounts form a perimeter!

I think once more of the kids come along and are slightly old enough I will have to practice this with them! LOL
Link Posted: 11/29/2015 2:36:13 PM EDT
[#13]
The answer is never, ever a mini van. No matter what the question.
Link Posted: 11/29/2015 6:23:54 PM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:

Honda fucked me on an odyssey van, no reach around, no romance just plain old fucked me like the first night in prison. Take your money and set on on goddammned fire before you buy a Honda van or any Honda with their goddamned automatic transmission. They build a shitty product and then when the fucking transmission falls out they only cover it if you toot it to the dealer for EVERY fucking oil change! Only genuine fucking Honda oil and filters put in by the fuckin pothead service man who has to have a long lunch on Friday to see his fucking probation officer. Hell no they don't care if you documented all the service yourself and used Mobil 1 synthetic and Bosch filters and Mobil 1 transmission fluid at 50k miles, you are not qualified to do this like Alex "I made special brownies" the service monkey! Fuck Honda North America Fuck the salesman who talked us into the piece of shit! Fuck Honda certified pre-owned! Fuck anyone who builds a shitty product and won't stand behind it! Fuck their weaksauced, under lubricated 3rd gear shaft and overheating transmissions! Fuck fuckffuck a Honda minivan. Nissan is what I would go with if you have to get a goddamned minivan. Had a suburban before and an expedition after, the gas mileage was about the same for all of them. I'd go with an SUV. Minivans often run the same transmission as the company's leading sedan nut have a lot more weight and passengers and just don't fucking hold up but goddamn a Honda! Get something truck based or you're pissing money down the drain!
View Quote

+1

Link Posted: 11/29/2015 6:28:36 PM EDT
[#15]
Either a Honda Odyssey or a Toyota Sienna.
Link Posted: 11/29/2015 6:33:09 PM EDT
[#16]
Link Posted: 11/29/2015 6:39:47 PM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:

I went with the brand-new Dodge Caravan, it was $10,000 less then Toyota or Honda and I put $2400 of that back into the Chrysler MaxCare lifetime bumper-to-bumper warranty.

View Quote

This.

I stole a 2012 T&C for almost 10 under MSRP. Pentastar gets 28+ MPG loaded down HWY, Seats 7 comfortably, lots of features, priced right, and I got a Chrysler Factory lifetime bumper to bumper warranty. $1800.

Currently at 70k, havent had one single issue. Kids pile in, put on their IR headphones, watch one of two different movies (at the same time!) on two different screens and ride easy. My 65k OEM Michelin tires delivered with tread leftover. Rides good, handles great, very quiet.

Link Posted: 11/29/2015 6:43:06 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
View Quote

First of all, don't ever put anything but Honda transmission fluid in a Honda transmission... What year Oddy? The worst years were around 2000-2003.  I have an '02 Acura TL with a warranty replacement tranny because the first went @ around 40K.  Now have over 200K on the car, hopefully the post-2005 replacement holds up.  We have an '06 Oddy Touring that just turned over 100K and runs like new.  From what I've read 2006+ have no more tranny issues that other manufacturers.  But before that it's a crap shoot (not if, but when).
Link Posted: 11/29/2015 6:43:43 PM EDT
[#19]

Quoted:

The toyota actually can carry whole sheets if the 2nd row is removed.
View Quote

The Chrysler has stow and go.

Pull a lever, flip the seat under the floor- and yes it holds sheets.

The most use we get is folding them down and making a bed back there for the drive in.
What a PITA taking seats in and out must be. I sure hope you have someplace to put them where they dont get fucked up. Wow.

Link Posted: 11/29/2015 6:44:39 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
Tacoma

If on a budget, Hellcat

View Quote

Link Posted: 11/29/2015 6:45:10 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

Fuck Govt Motors
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Tacoma

If on a budget, Hellcat

Fuck Govt Motors

Which neither of those are.
Link Posted: 11/29/2015 6:46:45 PM EDT
[#22]

Quoted:

Honda Odyssey or Toyota Sienna.  Everything else is garbage in comparison.

View Quote

That must explain the stat a couple years ago- More Dodge Caravans/Town & Country were sold than all the other mini vans put together.
Its the F150 of minivans. I know the import lovers hate it, but its true.

Link Posted: 11/29/2015 6:50:28 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
If you see a lot of snow in your area, the Sienna is the only one with available AWD and about 1.5 inches more ground clearance than the Odyssey. It also has a timing chain so no belt to change at 90k.

This,

Not sure where you heard that but it's definitely not true.  I just changed out the timing belt in my TL's J32A2 last weekend.  Unless something changed recently, as far as I know all J series have a timing belt.  (I've also paid to get it changed in my Pilot, had it done on the used Odyssey we picked up before we bought it, and my friend just finished doing an MDX by himself). Pilot/Oddy/MDX were all J35 variants.
Link Posted: 11/29/2015 6:52:55 PM EDT
[#24]
Don't let others deter you. If you have small kids that need car seats, a mini van is the most versatile family mover IMO, in terms of passenger accessibility, comfort, and gas mileage. We bought a used Honda Odyssey this past summer after having two sadans, quad cab truck, small suv and two large suvs. I tried for years to get wife to get one but up to this year, she was opposed.
Link Posted: 11/29/2015 6:56:58 PM EDT
[#25]

Quoted:

Don't let others deter you. If you have small kids that need car seats, a mini van is the most versatile family mover IMO, in terms of passenger accessibility, comfort, and gas mileage. We bought a used Honda Odyssey this past summer after having two sadans, quad cab truck, small suv and two large suvs. I tried for years to get wife to get one but up to this year, she was opposed.
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Another good line, from the same source as the Huey:

A V-8 only insinuates virility; multiple child seats prove it

Link Posted: 11/29/2015 6:57:52 PM EDT
[#26]

Link Posted: 11/29/2015 6:59:00 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:

That must explain the stat a couple years ago- More Dodge Caravans/Town & Country were sold than all the other mini vans put together.

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Damn, those Italians vans sell quite well.
Link Posted: 11/29/2015 7:05:18 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
I went with the brand-new Dodge Caravan, it was $10,000 less then Toyota or Honda and I put $2400 of that back into the Chrysler MaxCare lifetime bumper-to-bumper warranty.

View Quote

And the resale value value goes to hell the moment you sign the title.

To give you an idea of how terrible the Mopar minivan resale value is, the Kia Sedona is in third place behind the Odyssey and Sienna.
Link Posted: 11/29/2015 7:07:42 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

And they're heavily reliant on fleet sales and incentives to achieve that.

Regardless of industry, the volume leader is pretty much never the best quality product.
Link Posted: 11/29/2015 7:13:01 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:
My sister has a Town and Country and she likes it.  I'd recommend the Sienna because my fiancée has a Prius and it's got 101k with only 2 major repairs.  I'm curious to see how the Chrysler lasts as I understand they love to eat transmissions.

View Quote

Among other issues.   One we had 10years ago ate a head gasket.   The one the wife got 3 years ago, a used 2006 with the 3.8L eats a quart of $5 oil every 1000mi.

I jumped on the net a few days ago to find that a large % of the 06-10 V6 chrysler motors use A LOT OF OIL, and they think its just f&^%ing fine.  MANY customers under warranty were super pissed off when they got the spec sheet that says 1qt/1000mi is FINE.  BS.  Sad part, people were running the dam engines til they were DRY. geez.

Apparently changing the valve seals will fix it for a while.  I have to do this over Christmas otherwise I'll be buying another cat convertor, I am sure that what fubared the first one.
Looking at the replacement seals, I can see why, they are very poorly designed from looking at the photos compared to other vendors.

T&C == moneypit.

Sidedoor wont stay open(limit switch causes it to close by itself), windows switches need replacing (maybe its the motors haven't checked yet).  
I keep telling her to trade it in on a better car.
Link Posted: 11/29/2015 7:13:59 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Quoted:

Do you give credit to the Italians or the Canadians? The Caravan / T&C is built in Ontario, Canada.

(The Sienna is built in Indiana, and the Odyssey is built in Alabama.)
Link Posted: 11/29/2015 7:19:44 PM EDT
[#32]
Don't waste your time or money on Mazda.  Hard to get parts for a reasonable price, and they take ford engineering to the next level.  Need I say more?  Dodge/Chrysler, same thing, just one is fancier than the other.  They make good minivans, but their quality can be lacking at times, especially in the longevity dept.  Trannies used to be their main weak point, but not sure anymore.  Hondas are usually decent, but they are not the Honda of 25 years ago.  They got ate up over trans problems on the platform, as well as oil leaks that required the use of JB Weld to fix(no joke).  Toyotas are the same thing, decent but they aren't the same as years ago.  You pay a premium for the name.  Avoid Nissan, even Asian shops hate working on them.  Buy a Ford before going that route.
eta: Not a fan of Kia either.  Not a very durable brand, still and gets expensive to fix.  
Keep in mind, in the last couple of model years, a lot of new technology has been introduced.  Gas Direct Injection, and a slew of new convenience/safety features.  With GDI, you get better fuel mileage and power, but requires more attention to care.  You absolutely have to use the right oil for them, as spec'd by the maker, or you can have major engine failures.  Cheapo oil can result in coking up of the engine, stuck valves, and even catastrophic superknock, that likely is tied to all the ecoboost engine failures.  You have to have the intake cleaned every 15k to keep them running at peak performance, or you'll start having issues.
Link Posted: 11/29/2015 7:21:52 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:

To give you an idea of how terrible the Mopar minivan resale value is, the Kia Sedona is in third place behind the Odyssey and Sienna.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Well I didn't get a lifetime warranty so I could resell it LOL.

200,000+ miles here I come

Only 197,000 miles left to go

Link Posted: 11/29/2015 7:27:53 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:

The most use we get is folding them down and making a bed back there for the drive in.

What a PITA taking seats in and out must be. I sure hope you have someplace to put them where they dont get fucked up. Wow.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
The toyota actually can carry whole sheets if the 2nd row is removed.

I really like my T&C.  Actually convinced the wife it would be better to live with than an SUV.  Of course I was right.

My favorite part it the storage under the second row floors.  I can put all my range stuff in there and no one looking in would have a clue.
Link Posted: 11/29/2015 7:31:43 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:

Really?  Your minivan has real 4wd, a rear locker, and ground clearance?  You take it hunting?  How many sheets of plywood have you carried in it?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
and a mini van can dopretty much everything a truck can do to boot.

Really?  Your minivan has real 4wd, a rear locker, and ground clearance?  You take it hunting?  How many sheets of plywood have you carried in it?

Front wheel drive,  enclosed cargo area,  standard ground clearance.  Take mine hunting all the time.  For the dog crate,  guns, gear, and 4 adults.

10 sheets of drywall,  does that count?
Link Posted: 11/29/2015 7:35:02 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Got rid of my caravan at 197k miles, now on a town and country.  It has 77k miles, no issues other than sway bar bushings that needed to be replaced.
Link Posted: 11/29/2015 7:41:35 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:

Do you give credit to the Italians or the Canadians? The Caravan / T&C is built in Ontario, Canada.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Quoted:

Nope, giving credit to the Italians.  That's who owns the company and there are those here who don't care if a car or truck is made here or not, it's still a JAP car.

Using that criteria, these are Italian vans.
Link Posted: 11/29/2015 7:50:19 PM EDT
[#38]
Get a real van

Link Posted: 11/29/2015 7:55:05 PM EDT
[#39]
had a 2001 T&C ..made it 14 years and  225k before the tranny crapped out...took it cross country many times and it did fine..main complaints were the AC system was a little buggy and the driver's window motor died several times ..when I say "buggy" I mean things I had to fix over and over again.

2010 I bought my wife a 2008 T&C with 7k miles on it for 14k..Front brakes crapped out at 25k but Chrysler paid on that IIRC (there was a known issue) ..We kept that one until 93k and some asshole backed into it hard enough to total it . aside from the brakes it did fine. A similar year/mileage toyota or honda would have cost double what I paid

bought my wife another 2008 T&C after that .(touring version) ..she seems to like it ok. For all the cokes and chicken nuggets that my 3 kids would spill in it I don't see any reason to get anything fancier  

Link Posted: 11/29/2015 8:47:01 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:
Due to a growing family it is time to trade in the sedan for a minivan or something along those lines. New or used. I am not partial to any manufacturer. Poll incoming on current popular manufacturers.
View Quote

If you do alot of in town driving, the Honda. If you do alot of highways, interstates, and long drives, Toyota. Honda has more of a car like feel, Toyota has a softer ride. Honda will get better gas mileage in town and on the highway.
Link Posted: 11/29/2015 8:52:07 PM EDT
[#41]
Kinda in the same boat as the OP, but I've been giving strong consideration to the Ford Transit Connect wagon.
Link Posted: 11/29/2015 9:11:34 PM EDT
[#42]
We just did 2000 miles last week in a Toyota Siena and it was way better than in an suv. And to those that say just get a tahoe they are small than a mini van interior size and almost twice as much. The suburban twice as much as the top of the line vans, f that.
Link Posted: 11/29/2015 9:19:10 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

FWIW, the Toyota sienna can carry 4x8 plywood if you remove the second and third row seats.  It has interior space on par with a suburban.

My wife hated the idea of a minivan.  Now she loves her sienna.  Rides great, hauls plenty of stuff, seats eight, and it's very easy to load small children in it.  Gets a solid 26 mpg on the highway too.

Posted Via AR15.Com Mobile
Link Posted: 11/29/2015 9:22:28 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Just needs that chrome blacked out.

And maybe a couple of black aerials on the back and you should be good to go.
Link Posted: 11/29/2015 9:28:39 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:

FWIW, the Toyota sienna can carry 4x8 plywood if you remove the second and third row seats.  It has interior space on par with a suburban.

My wife hated the idea of a minivan.  Now she loves her sienna.  Rides great, hauls plenty of stuff, seats eight, and it's very easy to load small children in it.  Gets a solid 26 mpg on the highway too.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

2 big man recliners, a coffee table, and a dog stroller in the back of Honda and we left the back seats in. (3rd row folded down flat)

Mine hated the idea too until she got use to the automatic doors and power hatch. We got 20-21 around town and over 30 on the highway.
Link Posted: 11/29/2015 9:32:36 PM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:

If you have more than two children A minivan pretty much is the only choice. SUV aren't nearly as easy to use as a minivan, and a mini van can do pretty much everything a truck can do to boot.

Go Japanese period.

I drive a van. I have to say I hate it, but it fits the bill for what I need to do at this time in my life.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Minivan=Loss of mancard

Get a SUV instead and retain your mancard

If you have more than two children A minivan pretty much is the only choice. SUV aren't nearly as easy to use as a minivan, and a mini van can do pretty much everything a truck can do to boot.

Go Japanese period.

I drive a van. I have to say I hate it, but it fits the bill for what I need to do at this time in my life.

No it really isn't, three kids will fit in a sedan even with carseats/boosters. We have been doing it for awhile.

The fourth is on the way, so I am also looking for a van as there is no way four will fit in a sedan but three certainly will.

Link Posted: 11/29/2015 9:36:02 PM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:

I don't hunt.

I've no need for 4wd. If it snows I stay home. and the most off road I get is maybe the shoulder of a road or the grass next to my driveway

However I have hauled a ton of crap many times  by removing  all the seats from the van. I've towed a boat with it  I've filled the thing with mulch once, (didn't work out too well) I think it was like 15 yards... Hauled tons of plants, bags of dirt, gravel, cement mix lumber Inc plywood. Took some thing like 25 totes of kids clothing to a consignment sale, hauled furniture (real furniture, not assemble your own,) although I done that too. Camping, beach vacations hauling  five people AND all their crap with a car carrier on top.... You have to watch the weight though Imean it hold alot but it NOT a truck.

But It really does do most of the stuff a truck can do and in some cases BETTER. If its what you have, and saves a delivery fee.. it'll do.

I'd would prefer to drive something else, like a sports car, but for now where I am and with what I have to do the van fits the bill.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

I don't hunt.

I've no need for 4wd. If it snows I stay home. and the most off road I get is maybe the shoulder of a road or the grass next to my driveway

However I have hauled a ton of crap many times  by removing  all the seats from the van. I've towed a boat with it  I've filled the thing with mulch once, (didn't work out too well) I think it was like 15 yards... Hauled tons of plants, bags of dirt, gravel, cement mix lumber Inc plywood. Took some thing like 25 totes of kids clothing to a consignment sale, hauled furniture (real furniture, not assemble your own,) although I done that too. Camping, beach vacations hauling  five people AND all their crap with a car carrier on top.... You have to watch the weight though Imean it hold alot but it NOT a truck.

But It really does do most of the stuff a truck can do and in some cases BETTER. If its what you have, and saves a delivery fee.. it'll do.

I'd would prefer to drive something else, like a sports car, but for now where I am and with what I have to do the van fits the bill.

Fair but to say it can do everything a truck can do is not a good comparison because there is plenty of people that do use the capabilities of a 4wd or truck.

Link Posted: 11/29/2015 9:46:04 PM EDT
[#48]

Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Actually the sienna has 150 cubic feet of space to the back of the front seats and the suburban only has 121.

Eta: spelling
Link Posted: 11/29/2015 9:56:45 PM EDT
[#49]
Link Posted: 11/29/2015 10:03:01 PM EDT
[#50]
The answer you seek is a Honda Pilot.  Tons of room, reliable and a nice vehicle to drive.  3 rows.  

The Honda Odyssey does come with a built in vacuum.  That would be pretty kickass.  

Page / 3
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top