Yes.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
An elderly Puerto Rican/New York Rican woman came into the ER tonight by ambulance with no family.  She had a sudden onset of weakness.  Paramedics said the family was in a giant shouting argument about who should go to the ER with her since no one wanted to go.  Apparently everyone won, because no one came.  Sitting alone for a couple hours with no family to keep you company.    

She died 2 hours later.  

Don't ever fuck your mother over for Turkey.

They're right up there the f*ckers who treat the ER like a kennel for their elderly/demented relatives.  

They drop off grandma at the ER right before thanksgiving/christmas and promptly leave-town/disappear.  No phone number, no way to contact them, and you can't send grandma home even if there is nothing wrong with them.  

Happens every year.

No shit? That really happens?

Yes.

The fun part about all of this is that Little sammy-Jo dropped mommy off at the ER because she fell on Christmas Eve... Granny Stays for a few days while Sammy Jo enjoys her Christmas and then comes to picking up mommy ballin about how much she missed her and it was the worst Christmas ever.... BUT We have to make sure we stop by the pharmacy to make sure we get granny's pain meds because she's-hurtin-awful bad.
New years rolls around and little Sammy Jo is laid up in the ER OD'd on - that's right - Granny's pain meds.

Thats the Southern WV way....

Link Posted: 11/27/2015 6:49:06 AM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
That's an udder catastrophe.

Whoa there...

Link Posted: 11/27/2015 8:11:49 AM EDT
[#3]
Of course they will all be fighting over you gets her money and anything else she had.
Link Posted: 11/27/2015 8:26:21 AM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
Of course they will all be fighting over you gets her money and anything else she had.
View Quote

Going through that now.... Grandma's brother passed away and he left all his stuff to the people he actually liked.... Go figure.... My mom was medical power of attorney and I guess Partial power of attorney over his will? I'm not sure how its all structured - lawyers help me out.... But He left my mother, my aunt, my sister, myself, my grandmother (his older sister), and a couple of nephews and friends on the other end of the family some things, and now everyone that didnt get a going away present is all up in arms, but no one wanted to travel 3 hours to see him in the hospital.

My mother was awake for about 72 hours and my sister drove to eastern Ky from Ft. Lostinthewoods to relieve her....

I'm sure someone will file a lawsuit....

Kinda reminds you of that movie - Daddy's dyin, who's got the will.... Without the happy ending....
Link Posted: 11/27/2015 8:36:39 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
That's royally fucked up.
View Quote

You never know, I have some family members that would do the same to their mothers, deservedly so.
Link Posted: 11/27/2015 8:44:14 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
View Quote

I have a feeling she was already bled dry.
Link Posted: 11/27/2015 8:50:49 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

This and/or there will be a fight at every major holiday event over who she loved more, who took the best care of her, who was never there, yada yada
Link Posted: 11/27/2015 9:01:38 AM EDT
[#8]
I can't even imagine doing that.  I'd take a stranger to the ER if there was nobody else there, much less family.
Link Posted: 11/27/2015 9:06:04 AM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:

Maybe she was a total bitch.
View Quote

Or a flaming liberal, and her family was watching Donald Trump videos.

Link Posted: 11/27/2015 9:08:03 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

Going through that now.... Grandma's brother passed away and he left all his stuff to the people he actually liked.... Go figure.... My mom was medical power of attorney and I guess Partial power of attorney over his will? I'm not sure how its all structured - lawyers help me out.... But He left my mother, my aunt, my sister, myself, my grandmother (his older sister), and a couple of nephews and friends on the other end of the family some things, and now everyone that didnt get a going away present is all up in arms, but no one wanted to travel 3 hours to see him in the hospital.

My mother was awake for about 72 hours and my sister drove to eastern Ky from Ft. Lostinthewoods to relieve her....

Makes me love and appreciate my family even more.My sisters and I have already talked about our parents' property, and we all seem to worry about making sure that things goes to whoever has the most sentimental attachment to them. Mom and Dad would come back and KILL us if we disgraced them by fighting over... stuff.

Kinda reminds you of that movie - Daddy's dyin, who's got the will.... Without the happy ending....
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Makes me love and appreciate my family even more.My sisters and I have already talked about our parents' property, and we all seem to worry about making sure that things goes to whoever has the most sentimental attachment to them. Mom and Dad would come back and KILL us if we disgraced them by fighting over... stuff.

Link Posted: 11/27/2015 9:29:35 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
People die alone and afraid all the time with no one to mourn them.

Never understood why the holidays add some special relevance to this.
View Quote

For many people, and for many reasons, the holidays are kind of shitty.
Link Posted: 11/27/2015 9:58:19 AM EDT
[#12]
That is rough as hell
Link Posted: 11/27/2015 10:01:00 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

The Puerto Ricans in Kissimmee gave Osceola County to Obama in the last election.
Link Posted: 11/27/2015 11:19:35 AM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

They're right up there the f*ckers who treat the ER like a kennel for their elderly/demented relatives.  

They drop off grandma at the ER right before thanksgiving/christmas and promptly leave-town/disappear.  No phone number, no way to contact them, and you can't send grandma home even if there is nothing wrong with them.  

Happens every year.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
An elderly Puerto Rican/New York Rican woman came into the ER tonight by ambulance with no family.  She had a sudden onset of weakness.  Paramedics said the family was in a giant shouting argument about who should go to the ER with her since no one wanted to go.  Apparently everyone won, because no one came.  Sitting alone for a couple hours with no family to keep you company.    

She died 2 hours later.  

Happens every year.

Yeah, a "pop drop."  We see it with MR patients from group homes and with miscreants from local jails who are convinced to say they're suicidal so the jailers can have time off.

Posted Via AR15.Com Mobile
Link Posted: 11/27/2015 11:22:41 AM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

She died 2 hours later.  

View Quote

Damn... that's messed-up.
Link Posted: 11/27/2015 11:35:23 AM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:
The Puerto Ricans in Kissimmee gave Osceola County to Obama in the last election.
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Yeah, and white people here in Hillsborough gave to him in 2008.  He got 42% of the white vote in Florida, and that's counting many counties who voted red.

Link Posted: 11/27/2015 12:12:38 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
now they can go to the flea-market and get shirts made with her face on it.
View Quote

And a sticker for the back of the truck
Link Posted: 11/27/2015 12:14:59 PM EDT
[#18]
sad....

Link Posted: 11/27/2015 1:05:45 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

Ahh, the old "positive suitcase sign".
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

She died 2 hours later.  

Happens every year.

Ahh, the old "positive suitcase sign".

I forgot about the suitcase. The ones I got were in the summer.
Link Posted: 11/27/2015 1:08:55 PM EDT
[#20]
Link Posted: 11/27/2015 1:11:32 PM EDT
[#21]
That's a story
Link Posted: 11/28/2015 9:34:25 AM EDT
[#22]
Maybe she was a bad person/mother and deserved to die alone.
Page / 3
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top