Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Posted: 10/20/2015 6:34:39 PM EDT
So is he acting? Or really bat shit crazy?
Link Posted: 10/20/2015 6:35:46 PM EDT
[#1]
Bit of both.
Link Posted: 10/20/2015 6:36:04 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
View Quote

Both. Also a hell of a con artist.
Link Posted: 10/20/2015 6:36:27 PM EDT
[#3]
Whatever he's doing, nobody cares.
Link Posted: 10/20/2015 6:53:05 PM EDT
[#4]

Some of the stuff he has put on is legit.

I know the background and the back story.

He does twist/reword things in a way as to not give up people.

Link Posted: 10/20/2015 6:54:32 PM EDT
[#5]
He must have a good size audience, cause he's raking in the cash.

Link Posted: 10/20/2015 10:34:46 PM EDT
[#6]
OK. Tired of that. Anyone want to recommend another talk show? Bored at work.
Link Posted: 10/20/2015 10:36:32 PM EDT
[#7]
News is entertainment, never forget that
Link Posted: 10/20/2015 10:38:16 PM EDT
[#8]
A really cool professor I had last semester here at Texas State knows him fairly well. I asked him about it, and he told me the dude is completely full of shit.
Link Posted: 10/20/2015 10:40:22 PM EDT
[#9]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
A really cool professor I had last semester here at Texas State knows him fairly well. I asked him about it, and he told me the dude is completely full of shit.
View Quote

I think some of the shit he says is true, he just blows it so far out of proportion it turns into BS.
Link Posted: 10/20/2015 10:40:46 PM EDT
[#10]
My guess is con artist.  He's got a large following though.  Might be a circus act.  
Link Posted: 10/20/2015 10:41:33 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
View Quote

Does it really matter when considering if he's a reliable source of information?

Link Posted: 10/20/2015 10:42:02 PM EDT
[#12]
Paranoid schizophrenic , or a great showman. If he believes half of what he spews , he is certifiable.
Link Posted: 10/20/2015 10:47:16 PM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:

View Quote

A little batshit, definitely a flair for the theatrical, but really, he's not unusual. He's a rumormonger who has some measure of concern that what he says is true, but not enough to keep quiet until he's certain. That's what ALL news is, when you get right down to it. It's just that some have put together cabal's that elevate one over the other. "Buy my shit, it's much more awesome than my competitor's."

People today are ignorant. They have bought into the notion that there is some imprimatur that 'reporters' can obtain that makes them 'legit'. There isn't. Look at the mainstream media, and see how much bullshit they spew because they are convinced of their righteous cause.

Jones is just another dude hawking 'the news', convinced he 'gets it'. He's caught a wave of general distrust for institutions. On some things, he's spot on. On others, he is way off. I think his heart is in the right place, but he's just a man.

As with most things in the world, 'legit media' or otherwise, about half of it is bullshit and misunderstanding. A man needs to listen to lots of sources and decide for himself what is 'true'. Dismissing him out of hand is just as ignorant as buying everything he says without engaging some critical thinking.

There are no "reliable sources" in the news biz anymore.

Link Posted: 10/20/2015 10:53:07 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

A little batshit, definitely a flair for the theatrical, but really, he's not unusual. He's a rumormonger who has some measure of concern that what he says is true, but not enough to keep quiet until he's certain. That's what ALL news is, when you get right down to it. It's just that some have put together cabal's that elevate one over the other. "Buy my shit, it's much more awesome than my competitor's."

People today are ignorant. They have bought into the notion that there is some imprimatur that 'reporters' can obtain that makes them 'legit'. There isn't. Look at the mainstream media, and see how much bullshit they spew because they are convinced of their righteous cause.

Jones is just another dude hawking 'the news', convinced he 'gets it'. He's caught a wave of general distrust for institutions. On some things, he's spot on. On others, he is way off. I think his heart is in the right place, but he's just a man.

As with most things in the world, 'legit media' or otherwise, about half of it is bullshit and misunderstanding. A man needs to listen to lots of sources and decide for himself what is 'true'. Dismissing him out of hand is just as ignorant as buying everything he says without engaging some critical thinking.

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Hmmm. Sounds like Samuel Adams.
Link Posted: 10/20/2015 10:56:21 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Comparing Alex Jones to Samuel Adams.  
Link Posted: 10/20/2015 10:59:26 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
Bit of both.
View Quote

Link Posted: 10/20/2015 11:02:19 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

He does twist/reword things in a way as to not give up people.

View Quote

...like changing BLMs threat to Bundy protestors from "You will be pepperballed" to "You will be shot"?
Link Posted: 10/20/2015 11:04:09 PM EDT
[#18]

I don't you tell me
Link Posted: 10/20/2015 11:05:28 PM EDT
[#19]
Link Posted: 10/20/2015 11:05:57 PM EDT
[#20]
After listening to the news and the stuff our politicians are trying to sell us, Mr. Jones doesn't seem as wack as he once did.
Link Posted: 10/20/2015 11:06:30 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

He was just as crazy. His cousin John was the sane one.
Link Posted: 10/20/2015 11:07:19 PM EDT
[#22]
Bit of both I'd say, much like Glenny.

Do they both believe what they spew? Probably to some degree  but it's show, a schtick, and they're in it to make money.
Link Posted: 10/20/2015 11:07:44 PM EDT
[#23]
His wife took most of his money, and belongings in the divorce. Main reason he's having to sell so many products now. He lives in an apartment in one of the towers, downtown austin.
Link Posted: 10/20/2015 11:09:45 PM EDT
[#24]

Quoted:

After listening to the news and the stuff our politicians are trying to sell us, Mr. Jones doesn't seem as wack as he once did.
View Quote
Yes he does.

Link Posted: 10/20/2015 11:14:02 PM EDT
[#25]

Quoted:
I think some of the shit he says is true, he just blows it so far out of proportion it turns into BS.

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

My prof said he actually buys very little into most of the shit he says.

Link Posted: 10/20/2015 11:15:45 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
View Quote

Well you just had to go there.

Link Posted: 10/20/2015 11:16:03 PM EDT
[#27]

Quoted:

View Quote

It's not that far off, honestly. Let's not forget, the founders got up to shooting people over things we count as merely irksome. The "Intolerable Acts" would be called "Stuff that sort of annoys us" these days by Company Men....

Link Posted: 10/20/2015 11:16:46 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:

It's not that far off, honestly. Let's not forget, the founders got up to shooting people over things we count as merely irksome. The "Intolerable Acts" would be called "Stuff that sort of annoys us" these days by Company Men....

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

They also got up to shooting people over things that actually happened...
Link Posted: 10/20/2015 11:18:32 PM EDT
[#29]

Quoted:
View Quote

Apparently, some people must care.  I occasionally see a link to one of his news stories on Drudge or Breitbart.  So some people must be following him.  I use a number of news sources - most of them conservative in nature - two of them mentioned above.  Drudge in particular, links to many different news sources.  I'm sure he vets them before linking?  Yes?
Link Posted: 10/20/2015 11:19:23 PM EDT
[#30]
how about matt drudge then?he was on alex's show and acted like alex was legit?
Link Posted: 10/20/2015 11:20:30 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:
After listening to the news and the stuff our politicians are trying to sell us, Mr. Jones doesn't seem as whack as he once did.
View Quote

Your post will probably go largely unnoticed, but I agree with you.

Alex Jones and his audience exists solely because of the utterly blatant dishonesty, corruption, and graft of those who use their positions in government to increase their personal power at the expense of the welfare of the citizens of this nation.

At least Alex Jones stands with us on the 2A, which is more than I can say for the status quo of political power in our current government.

Who do you trust more?

Link Posted: 10/20/2015 11:20:56 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:

Apparently, some people must care.  I occasionally see a link to one of his news stories on Drudge or Breitbart.  So some people must be following him.  I use a number of news sources - most of them conservative in nature - two of them mentioned above.  Drudge in particular, links to many different news sources.  I'm sure he vets them before linking?  Yes?
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Not with the Alex Jones links, no.  And the fact that he's willing to link to InfoWars calls into question the veracity of the other stuff he links to.

After their namesake died, Breitbart went through the same kind of transformation Drudge has gone through.  Outrage-inducing, bias-confirming clickbait gets more views and $$$ than actual news.
Link Posted: 10/20/2015 11:21:30 PM EDT
[#33]

Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

It's hard not to go there. It's annoying when dudes screaming 'the government is spying on us' get proven right when we'd all rather laugh at them, but what are you gonna do? You have to shrug and admit you were naive.

You know who really knows what's going on? Judas fucking Priest.

Link Posted: 10/20/2015 11:22:10 PM EDT
[#34]
I dont think Ive ever listened to Alex Jones. Wait I did see some video where he was on a loudspeaker hollering about bilderbergs or something.
Link Posted: 10/20/2015 11:28:02 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:

Not with the Alex Jones links, no.  And the fact that he's willing to link to InfoWars calls into question the veracity of the other stuff he links to.

After their namesake died, Breitbart went through the same kind of transformation Drudge has gone through.  Outrage-inducing, bias-confirming clickbait gets more views and $$$ than actual news.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Quoted:

Yeah....   No offense....  But, I think you're making things up.  Drudge doesn't vet his stories?  And, you question everything Drudge does because he occasionally links to a news source that you think is bad?   Yikes!!  Seek help!
Link Posted: 10/20/2015 11:31:24 PM EDT
[#36]
My favorite AJ rumor is that he his Bill Hicks
Link Posted: 10/20/2015 11:33:21 PM EDT
[#37]

Quoted:

Alex Jones and his audience exists solely because of the utterly blatant dishonesty, corruption, and graft of those who use their positions in government to increase their personal power at the expense of the welfare of the citizens of this nation.

At least Alex Jones stands with us on the 2A, which is more than I can say for the status quo of political power in our current government.

Who do you trust more?

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

After listening to the news and the stuff our politicians are trying to sell us, Mr. Jones doesn't seem as whack as he once did.

Who do you trust more?

This. The rise of Jones and other conspiracy theorists is directly attributable to the left refusing to follow the rule of law, and destroying the people's confidence in the integrity of the process. One you lose the rule of law, it is all to easy to believe the slavering, power hungry elite are capable of anything. When the powers that be acknowledge no limits, it becomes easy to believe that they are involved in the most diabolical of machinations. Why WOULDN'T they be?

Without integrity, the government is just another bunch of power hungry goons with guns. It is the nature of the left, though. They are in love with the notion of reinterpretation and being clever. Such things are all well and good for Silicon Valley, say, but in government and banking, cleverness is more properly termed "corruption."

Our sad fate is that our people are to ignorant to make the distinction. Every 'discovered' interpretation erodes faith in the system. Alex Jones is the end result.

Link Posted: 10/20/2015 11:34:39 PM EDT
[#38]
Part truth, part alarmist, part crazy, part CIA info/dis-info agent.
Link Posted: 10/20/2015 11:37:04 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Seriously, Sam Adams was a sensationalistic propagandist known for being a loud mouth, an instigator, and prone to exaggeration. When his cousin John took on the defense of the British Soldiers being tried for the Boston Massacre, Samuel and members of The Sons of Liberty were in the gallery castigating and threatening the accused and his own cousin. They still served a purpose in the revolt though and if just 10% of what Jones says is true...we're pretty much fucked.
Link Posted: 10/20/2015 11:39:45 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:

This. The rise of Jones and other conspiracy theorists is directly attributable to the left refusing to follow the rule of law, and destroying the people's confidence in the integrity of the process. One you lose the rule of law, it is all to easy to believe the slavering, power hungry elite are capable of anything. When the powers that be acknowledge no limits, it becomes easy to believe that they are involved in the most diabolical of machinations. Why WOULDN'T they be?

Without integrity, the government is just another bunch of power hungry goons with guns. It is the nature of the left, though. They are in love with the notion of reinterpretation and being clever. Such things are all well and good for Silicon Valley, say, but in government and banking, cleverness is more properly termed "corruption."

Our sad fate is that our people are to ignorant to make the distinction. Every 'discovered' interpretation erodes faith in the system. Alex Jones is the end result.  
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Who do you trust more?

I disagree.  Crazies have been around since always.  The information age just gave them a way to speak louder.  Ease of communication leads to ease of self-selecting what you hear and who you communicate with.  This leads to people forming groups of like-minded individuals, which often result in echo chambers.  Human nature being what it is, if you're really only exposed to people who think like you do you'll soon believe that your beliefs are far more acceptable than they actually are.  Which in turn encourages you to speak openly about your insane beliefs.  Which renews the cycle.

Alex Jones is popular because he's able to reach all the crazies.  Alex Jones would not have been popular in 1910, even if the government was twice as evil as you believe it is today.
Link Posted: 10/20/2015 11:44:24 PM EDT
[#41]
Coast to Coast AM is the only show I ever listed to on the radio

The lulz got me through many nightshifts
Link Posted: 10/20/2015 11:46:14 PM EDT
[#42]
If you think he sounds crazy now you should have heard him when he got his first radio show and public access tv show.

It was the most entertaining thing ever. He would lliterally work  him self into a frenzy. Spit and foam flying from his mouth. For 10 minutes or more at a time. Incoherent screaming. What he does now isn't 1/100th of how he used flip out.

The story of how he "won" his wife is priceless.  
Link Posted: 10/20/2015 11:47:22 PM EDT
[#43]
Every time I hear him speak, I contract emphysema.
Link Posted: 10/20/2015 11:51:07 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:
If you think he sounds crazy now you should have heard him when he got his first radio show and public access tv show.

It was the most entertaining thing ever. He would lliterally work  him self into a frenzy. Spit and foam flying from his mouth. For 10 minutes or more at a time. Incoherent screaming. What he does now isn't 1/100th of how he used flip out.

The story of how he "won" his wife is priceless.  
View Quote

His wife was the PETA activist that threw red paint on Anna Wintour for wearing fur, I believe. She quit PETA when she found out the were killing dogs and cats.
Link Posted: 10/20/2015 11:53:25 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Men today just have no principles.
Link Posted: 10/20/2015 11:57:36 PM EDT
[#46]
Once in awhile they toss up a useful piece.  When I'm bored surfing news I'll click it, or if drudge leads me there.

Bill Cooper, the one conspiracy guy who hit alot of shit deadon, even though he died a murderous dick, hated Jones.

Here I hear you like conspiracy.  Let me give you some conspiracy to go with your conspiracy.  Look into Jones and.  Stratfor.    https://www.stratfor.com/
Link Posted: 10/20/2015 11:58:12 PM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:
Every time I hear him speak, I contract emphysema.
View Quote

Yeah he's not easy on the ears and he's totally self promotional but it beats the fuck out of NPR and their shitheads speaking in moderated tones trying to sound reasoned.
Link Posted: 10/21/2015 9:42:40 PM EDT
[#48]
I guess none of you guys heard the likes of Chuck Harder, Bo Gritz, Tom Donahue, Mark from Michigan and a host of others who were on shortwave and local low power talkers back in the late 80's and early 90's. Gold fringed flags, NWO, Masons, the Catholic church, GMO foods, Gulf War syndrome and vaccines, buliderburgers, on and on. Oh, homeopathic medicine and colloidal silver were big players too along with investing in land and gold.

Alex learned from these guys and using modern media took it to the next level.  Entertaining for sure and there might even be a grain of truth in his rantings. The Old Guard was digging into things before Clinton's first election that came back to haunt him in his second term. Alex does the same, but due tot he internet competition he has to be just a bit over the top to sell it.

Crazy like a Fox.
Link Posted: 10/21/2015 9:47:30 PM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:
OK. Tired of that. Anyone want to recommend another talk show? Bored at work.
View Quote

Michael Savage. You won't be disappointed.
Link Posted: 10/21/2015 9:50:19 PM EDT
[#50]
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Top Top