Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 6
Posted: 10/13/2015 2:30:01 PM EDT
Link

The contest for the Scariest New Word of the Year is officially over. We have a winner.

De-policing.

This is what cops and their superiors are calling it as they systematically withdraw from stopping, checking, investigating, frisking, pulling over, interrogating, and arresting black people.

The cops don’t want the grief. Or the day-in, day-out physical confrontation. The police chiefs don’t want the complaints.

So now they have a word for it. De-policing.
View Quote

In Wilmington, Delaware, the mayor tells reporters police no longer go through certain neighborhoods. Too dangerous.

Meanwhile, members of the Wilmington City Council proudly wear the t-shirts of -- and give awards to -- a group called Peacekeepers. Members walk through black neighborhoods, talking to the young men who caused Newsweek to name this city Murder Town USA.

They leave the young men with a flyer instructing them how to stay safe. Item one on the flyer: Do Not Talk To The Police.
View Quote

But cops know better.

They do not fool themselves about the consequences of surrendering large swaths of dangerous places to black criminality.

It sounds bad out there, your intrepid correspondent asked a cop. “Not really. Not yet. Bad is coming.”
View Quote
Link Posted: 10/13/2015 2:32:07 PM EDT
[#1]
They got what they asked for. Now reap the consequences.
Link Posted: 10/13/2015 2:33:34 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
View Quote

Pretty much.
Link Posted: 10/13/2015 2:35:18 PM EDT
[#3]
Aside from the taxpayers paying police to not police, I don't see the problem.

Chump don't want da help, chump don't get da help
Link Posted: 10/13/2015 2:38:04 PM EDT
[#4]
Meh, whatever. You're on your own in this world. Always have been, always will be. This just takes the blinders off for those who choose to ignore that reality.
Link Posted: 10/13/2015 2:38:27 PM EDT
[#5]
Let them deal with their own fucking problems now. I don't give a shit.
Link Posted: 10/13/2015 2:38:43 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:

View Quote
Exactly.  It wont change for many years.

Link Posted: 10/13/2015 2:40:54 PM EDT
[#7]
I'll have a coke.
Link Posted: 10/13/2015 2:41:32 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:

View Quote
The problem with that is that urban male youths are what....70% of the business for the big city cop shop?   If business goes down....what happens to the labor?  Either they get reduced or they start looking for easier place and people to protect and serve.

Link Posted: 10/13/2015 2:41:38 PM EDT
[#9]
Wish we could just wall off the ghettos and stop shipping taxpayer subsidized food and medicine into them.
Link Posted: 10/13/2015 2:42:22 PM EDT
[#10]
So if some individual were to travel to Wilmington, Delaware and pop a few drug dealers or gang-bangers for sport, the Police would not investigate?  And in the event the Police do investigate, the residents of Wilmington, Delaware would decline to assist in the investigation?

So noted.
Link Posted: 10/13/2015 2:42:28 PM EDT
[#11]
That's fine,  I smile and welcome the sheriff when they are in my neiborhood,  Hell I know a couple of them.   We chit chat about our guns and stuff.  

When these idiots decide to leave their own hood because it doesn't have the take they are looking for,  they will eventually try mine.   Then the will be in for a Suprise.
Link Posted: 10/13/2015 2:43:33 PM EDT
[#12]
Isn't this what they've been doing in places like Paris for many years already?
Except with Muslim neighborhoods?

Link Posted: 10/13/2015 2:43:54 PM EDT
[#13]
Let that place go Lord of the Flies for all I care.
Link Posted: 10/13/2015 2:43:58 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
So if some individual were to travel to Wilmington, Delaware and pop a few drug dealers or gang-bangers for sport, the Police would not investigate?  And in the event the Police do investigate, the residents of Wilmington, Delaware would decline to assist in the investigation?

So noted.
View Quote

No, Dexter, they won't look into it too much.
Link Posted: 10/13/2015 2:44:35 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

So noted.
View Quote

I swear that was a Clancy novel.
Link Posted: 10/13/2015 2:45:42 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

So noted.

Without Remorse.
Link Posted: 10/13/2015 2:46:54 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
View Quote

Except, that it will spread beyond the "bad" areas.

Link Posted: 10/13/2015 2:47:43 PM EDT
[#18]
Link Posted: 10/13/2015 2:47:59 PM EDT
[#19]
Yeah great idea, let them rally a home base where they're safe from the law.  What could possibly go wrong?
Link Posted: 10/13/2015 2:47:59 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

So noted.
View Quote

Unless the individual is white.
Link Posted: 10/13/2015 2:48:08 PM EDT
[#21]
Maybe the tinfoil is too tight, but it makes for a perfect, extreme scenario...get em all worked up thinking they're untouchable, then nix the EBT program.   Violence spreads, calls for martial law...

OK, should switch to decaf and get back to coding now...
Link Posted: 10/13/2015 2:48:29 PM EDT
[#22]
In Wilmington, Delaware, the mayor tells reporters police no longer go through certain neighborhoods. Too dangerous.
View Quote

Wilmington should take a hint from Mad Max and put "STOP - PROHIBITED AREA" signs at the entrances.

eta: corrected for actual signage.
Link Posted: 10/13/2015 2:49:32 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:

Wilmington should take a hint from Mad Max and put "Prohibited Zone" signs at the entrances.
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Wilmington should take a hint from Mad Max and put "Prohibited Zone" signs at the entrances.

I'm from near there.  
Link Posted: 10/13/2015 2:50:23 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:

Without Remorse.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

So noted.

Without Remorse.

I guess I should read it!

A buddy and I ETS'd at about the same time.  He asked me to move down to Florida.  There, we would just hang out on the beach and kill drug dealers on occasion for cash.  Part of me always thought he was only 1/2 joking.  Anyway, I always thought that would make a good book.
Link Posted: 10/13/2015 2:52:13 PM EDT
[#25]
That all well and good but what happens when that shit spills over to my neighborhood?  That shit doesn't stay put unchecked.

Wall that shit off.
Link Posted: 10/13/2015 2:53:30 PM EDT
[#26]
Link Posted: 10/13/2015 2:53:34 PM EDT
[#27]
This isn't scary, this is what law enforcement should have been doing for the last several years. Why in the hell would you risk your ass for a populace that wants you dead or maimed?
Link Posted: 10/13/2015 2:57:41 PM EDT
[#28]
I get the not caring, but what happens when one leaves that neighborhood, goes shoots someone or some shit, then runs and hides back in the hood?  It's like they're creating safe havens.
Link Posted: 10/13/2015 2:59:54 PM EDT
[#29]
You can ignore reality but you can't ignore the consequences of ignoring reality. - Ayn Rand
Link Posted: 10/13/2015 2:59:58 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:
View Quote

Link Posted: 10/13/2015 3:01:47 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:
That all well and good but what happens when that shit spills over to my neighborhood?
View Quote

It depends, will your mayor/police chief/sheriff/city council/whoever throw the cops under the bus when they have a problem with one of the people that spills over into your neighborhood?
If they will then you can expect the same.
Link Posted: 10/13/2015 3:04:19 PM EDT
[#32]
Don't talk to De Police.  

Now that law enforcement isn't all up in there with its racist enforcement, I guess it's time for the black "leaders" in the community to step up and lead "their" people in creating a community with a rich and vibrant culture that contributes meaningfully to the wonderful melting-pot of diversity that makes America so culturally enriched and a shining beacon of hope for the rest of the world.  Let's just leave that at their doorstep to figure out.  

Link Posted: 10/13/2015 3:06:18 PM EDT
[#33]
I'd support every LEO in America going on strike for a week. Give the people what they think they want and by the second day most will see the folly of their ways. There are problems with certain aspects of modern police tactics that need to be addressed but those really fall on the brass that oversee them who are politicians first and cops second. I can't blame officers for turning a blind eye now when doing your job gets you a price on your head and a spot in front of a grand jury with an agenda.
Link Posted: 10/13/2015 3:07:07 PM EDT
[#34]
Link Posted: 10/13/2015 3:08:01 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:
I'd support every LEO in America going on strike for a week. Give the people what they think they want and by the second day most will see the folly of their ways. There are problems with certain aspects of modern police tactics that need to be addressed but those really fall on the brass that oversee them who are politicians first and cops second. I can't blame officers for turning a blind eye now when doing your job gets you a price on your head and a spot in front of a grand jury with an agenda.
View Quote

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Murray-Hill_riot
Link Posted: 10/13/2015 3:08:40 PM EDT
[#36]

Quoted:

So noted.
View Quote
Kinda like Detroit is body dumping ground for the all the upper  Midwest and Canada

Link Posted: 10/13/2015 3:09:11 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:

They still call.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

They still call.

Kind of like the BLM woman who called the police for help when her car was stolen?
Link Posted: 10/13/2015 3:09:56 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:
Isn't this what they've been doing in places like Paris for many years already?
Except with Muslim neighborhoods?

View Quote

Pretty much. The Gendarmerie really backed out of certain areas after the riots they had following the shooting. Problem is all the bull shit that now brews in certain areas that are largely unpatrolled spills into other places.
Link Posted: 10/13/2015 3:10:01 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:
View Quote

The Purge!!!
Link Posted: 10/13/2015 3:10:50 PM EDT
[#40]
Link Posted: 10/13/2015 3:10:51 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:

It depends, will your mayor/police chief/sheriff/city council/whoever throw the cops under the bus when they have a problem with one of the people that spills over into your neighborhood?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
That all well and good but what happens when that shit spills over to my neighborhood?

Link Posted: 10/13/2015 3:14:16 PM EDT
[#42]

Quoted:
I guess I should read it!

A buddy and I ETS'd at about the same time.  He asked me to move down to Florida.  There, we would just hang out on the beach and kill drug dealers on occasion for cash.  Part of me always thought he was only 1/2 joking.  Anyway, I always thought that would make a good book.
View Quote

It's been done already by the author of "The Town" and is in line for a film version.

http://www.amazon.com/Devils-Exile-Novel-Chuck-Hogan/dp/1451633394

Link Posted: 10/13/2015 3:14:34 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Luckily, I don't think our County Sheriff or city PD has any issues with this crap.  I can't imagine our police chief or sheriff (or mayor) simply giving up a portion of the city/county to lawlessness.  The smackdown would be pretty ricky tick.  

I guess my question was more rhetorical for those that do feel this way.  It doesn't spread to your neighborhood because it's actively being engaged each and every day by LE.  Take that away or stop doing that, and see how fast the lawless asshattery comes to your backyard.
Link Posted: 10/13/2015 3:15:46 PM EDT
[#44]
It's a shame that a lot of good people are going to suffer for this, but I can't say I blame the police. Personally, if I lived in one of those shitholes there would be no excuse for me to continue to live there. Even if I owned a home there, I'd put it on the market, pack up my shit and leave. If it was foreclosed, then I wouldn't be out much money anyway. I don't care if my family had to live in tents in the boondocks for a month or two, we would be out of there. At least in the boondocks I only have to worry about bugs and snakes instead of rape, gang violence, and rape.
Link Posted: 10/13/2015 3:16:32 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:
Let that place go Lord of the Flies for all I care.
View Quote

The problem is they go into nice neighborhoods for their crime sprees.  They're not contained to their own ghettos.
Link Posted: 10/13/2015 3:17:38 PM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:
I get the not caring, but what happens when one leaves that neighborhood, goes shoots someone or some shit, then runs and hides back in the hood?  It's like they're creating safe havens.
View Quote

You don't live close to an indian reservation, do you?
Link Posted: 10/13/2015 3:18:15 PM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:
View Quote

good point.
Link Posted: 10/13/2015 3:19:26 PM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:
That all well and good but what happens when that shit spills over to my neighborhood?  That shit doesn't stay put unchecked.

Wall that shit off.
View Quote

Here's your solution!
Link Posted: 10/13/2015 3:19:53 PM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:
View Quote

It will all be just hunky-dory until a white person in a black neighborhood becomes victim of some crime.  Then what?
Link Posted: 10/13/2015 3:20:15 PM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:
Yeah great idea, let them rally a home base where they're safe from the law.  What could possibly go wrong?
View Quote

Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 6
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top