Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 6
Link Posted: 10/13/2015 3:20:43 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

You don't live close to an indian reservation, do you?
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
I get the not caring, but what happens when one leaves that neighborhood, goes shoots someone or some shit, then runs and hides back in the hood?  It's like they're creating safe havens.

I do not.
Link Posted: 10/13/2015 3:22:48 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
I get the not caring, but what happens when one leaves that neighborhood, goes shoots someone or some shit, then runs and hides back in the hood?  It's like they're creating safe havens.

Ha. I did for a while and know exactly what you mean.
Link Posted: 10/13/2015 3:25:06 PM EDT
[#3]
Back in the golden age of policing, the police kept those undesirables in their section of town.  Sounds like a return to the familiar to me.
Link Posted: 10/13/2015 3:25:08 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

I do not.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

I do not.

That's exactly what happens when you live next to or near a res.
Link Posted: 10/13/2015 3:25:27 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
It's a shame that a lot of good people are going to suffer for this, but I can't say I blame the police. Personally, if I lived in one of those shitholes there would be no excuse for me to continue to live there. Even if I owned a home there, I'd put it on the market, pack up my shit and leave. If it was foreclosed, then I wouldn't be out much money anyway. I don't care if my family had to live in tents in the boondocks for a month or two, we would be out of there. At least in the boondocks I only have to worry about bugs and snakes instead of rape, gang violence, and rape.
View Quote

I guess you like rape
Link Posted: 10/13/2015 3:25:35 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
Let them deal with their own fucking problems now. I don't give a shit.
View Quote

That would be okay except for the fact junior want-a-be gang banger will be sent to live with Aunt De'shana in a rural community.  The result will be increased crime in smaller towns.
Link Posted: 10/13/2015 3:26:25 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

I do not.

I figured that's what you were leaning towards but didn't want to assume.   Duly noted.
Link Posted: 10/13/2015 3:27:31 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

I guess you like rape
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
It's a shame that a lot of good people are going to suffer for this, but I can't say I blame the police. Personally, if I lived in one of those shitholes there would be no excuse for me to continue to live there. Even if I owned a home there, I'd put it on the market, pack up my shit and leave. If it was foreclosed, then I wouldn't be out much money anyway. I don't care if my family had to live in tents in the boondocks for a month or two, we would be out of there. At least in the boondocks I only have to worry about bugs and snakes instead of rape, gang violence, and rape.

I guess you like rape

Candy Gram for Mongo!
Link Posted: 10/13/2015 3:28:57 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

That would be okay except for the fact junior want-a-be gang banger will be sent to live with Aunt De'shana in a rural community.  The result will be increased crime in smaller towns.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

A funny thing happens in smaller, rural towns when shit like that happens. There was a Sheriff in Arkansas not long ago that had his personal pickup truck torched after he arrested someone who was legally carrying a firearm......
Link Posted: 10/13/2015 3:30:50 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

That's a self solving problem
Link Posted: 10/13/2015 3:32:11 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
Back in the golden age of policing the police kept those undesirables in their section of town.  Sounds like a return to the familiar to me.
View Quote

Back in the golden age of policing the police stopped and arrested those undesirables, now fewer and fewer are.
Link Posted: 10/13/2015 3:33:41 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
So if some individual were to travel to Wilmington, Delaware and pop a few drug dealers or gang-bangers for sport, the Police would not investigate?  And in the event the Police do investigate, the residents of Wilmington, Delaware would decline to assist in the investigation?

So noted.
View Quote

The rest of the country should be so lucky.
Link Posted: 10/13/2015 3:37:51 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

A buddy and I ETS'd at about the same time.  He asked me to move down to Florida.  There, we would just hang out on the beach and kill drug dealers on occasion for cash.  Part of me always thought he was only 1/2 joking.  Anyway, I always thought that would make a good book.
View Quote

Who was going to put up the cash?
Link Posted: 10/13/2015 3:41:34 PM EDT
[#14]
Does this mean police will have more time to harass us white folks? Fuck that!
Link Posted: 10/13/2015 3:47:30 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

A buddy and I ETS'd at about the same time.  He asked me to move down to Florida.  There, we would just hang out on the beach and kill drug dealers on occasion for cash.  Part of me always thought he was only 1/2 joking.  Anyway, I always thought that would make a good book.

The dead drug dealers, duh.
Link Posted: 10/13/2015 3:51:25 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
View Quote

#whitelivesmatter
Link Posted: 10/13/2015 3:53:36 PM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:

Aside from the taxpayers paying police to not police, I don't see the problem.

Chump don't want da help, chump don't get da help
View Quote
Just means more cops for the normal part of town.

Link Posted: 10/13/2015 3:53:59 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

Back in the golden age of policing the police stopped and arrested those undesirables, now fewer and fewer are.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Back in the golden age of policing the police kept those undesirables in their section of town.  Sounds like a return to the familiar to me.

My grandfather was a cop from the early 50's to the late 70's. Some of stories he had about "The Good Old Days" and how certain people were handled makes any modern claims of racism or harassment seem like somebody whining about a cloudy day. If a black guy looked at a cop the wrong way back then they got a piece of hickory upside the head and a trip to lock up. That leaves out the stories about people stealing more chain than they could swim away with. I chuckle at the Norman Rockwell quality people envision when they think of police in the past. Those guys would bury you if you were a "problem".
Link Posted: 10/13/2015 3:54:15 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

#whitelivesmatter
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

#whitelivesmatter

If #alllivesmatter is "racist," you just went full Klan man!
Link Posted: 10/13/2015 3:54:40 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
They got what they asked for. Now reap the consequences.
View Quote

And Obama will get what he wants when those hoods blow up with daily uncontrolled violence without any legal consequences.

That national police force patrolling our streets too.
Not just the hoods.

I know a cop that doesn't patrol anymore.
He just waits in a special safe spot and waits for a call from dispatch.
Link Posted: 10/13/2015 3:57:58 PM EDT
[#21]
This is one of the inevitable consequences of the support of the BLM bullshit shown by many administrations. Troops aren't going to be proactive when they know higher ups will throw them under the bus if it's perceived as politically expedient.

Posted Via AR15.Com Mobile
Link Posted: 10/13/2015 4:00:39 PM EDT
[#22]
Sounds like time for a pile of layoffs.
Link Posted: 10/13/2015 4:05:49 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:

#whitelivesmatter
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

#whitelivesmatter

No your safe, I do think that most of those precincts fuel bill will be going up a considerable amount since most, if not all of the police will just be driving around, smiling and waving.
Link Posted: 10/13/2015 4:08:21 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
This isn't scary, this is what law enforcement should have been doing for the last several years. Why in the hell would you risk your ass for a populace that wants you dead or maimed?
View Quote

Good question. I would prefer to work around people who like me vs. people who hate my guts and only call when I can be used as a pawn to negatively affect the person that just made them angry (baby daddy, rival drug dealer, neighbor who's dog won't stop shitting in their yard, etc)...
Link Posted: 10/13/2015 4:10:53 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
I'd support every LEO in America going on strike for a week. Give the people what they think they want and by the second day most will see the folly of their ways. There are problems with certain aspects of modern police tactics that need to be addressed but those really fall on the brass that oversee them who are politicians first and cops second. I can't blame officers for turning a blind eye now when doing your job gets you a price on your head and a spot in front of a grand jury with an agenda.
View Quote

For maximum effect, make sure you advertise the upcoming week of "blue flu" so you can provide an equal opportunity to all.
Link Posted: 10/13/2015 4:15:03 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:

And Obama will get what he wants when those hoods blow up with daily uncontrolled violence without any legal consequences.
Not just the hoods.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
They got what they asked for. Now reap the consequences.

Not just the hoods.

From what I've seen from departments with consent decrees, federal monitors, federal control, etc. I figured people here would welcome it with open arms. They seem to be the departments least likely to stop you with "fishing expeditions", traffic stops, checkpoints, or other kinds of "harassment". The cops on those PDs are mostly in ROD mode.
Link Posted: 10/13/2015 4:16:47 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:

It's been done already by the author of "The Town" and is in line for a film version.

http://www.amazon.com/Devils-Exile-Novel-Chuck-Hogan/dp/1451633394

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I guess I should read it!

It's been done already by the author of "The Town" and is in line for a film version.

Pretty close.

My version has us owning a sky diving school for a cover story.  We would have a pilot, a medic, and a few grunts.  A hanger out in the everglades would be plenty of room to store equipment.
I figure the police wouldn't have too much to go on as long as we left all of the narcotics at the scene.
Link Posted: 10/13/2015 4:17:42 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
View Quote

Yep….. they will have to get their revenue somewhere.
Link Posted: 10/13/2015 4:18:46 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:

good point.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

good point.

Its almost like 12% of population are creating the conditions for a rebellion, again.
Link Posted: 10/13/2015 4:19:46 PM EDT
[#30]
Link Posted: 10/13/2015 4:21:44 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Last time I checked, I got paid from property taxes...
Link Posted: 10/13/2015 4:22:35 PM EDT
[#32]
My daughter goes to school in wilmington.  
Link Posted: 10/13/2015 4:22:54 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
So if some individual were to travel to Wilmington, Delaware and pop a few drug dealers or gang-bangers for sport, the Police would not investigate?  And in the event the Police do investigate, the residents of Wilmington, Delaware would decline to assist in the investigation?

So noted.

I swear that was a Clancy novel.

Without Remorse.

It made Clancy's best book.
Link Posted: 10/13/2015 4:23:39 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:
View Quote

Did you make sure she knows not to talk to the police?
Link Posted: 10/13/2015 4:24:11 PM EDT
[#35]
It sounds bad out there, your intrepid correspondent asked a cop. “Not really. Not yet. Bad is coming.”
View Quote

Link Posted: 10/13/2015 4:24:51 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Pretty close.

My version has us owning a sky diving school for a cover story.  We would have a pilot, a medic, and a few ex-grunts.  A hanger out in the everglades would be plenty of room to store equipment.
I figure the police wouldn't have too much to go on as long as we left all of the narcotics at the scene.
Link Posted: 10/13/2015 4:25:26 PM EDT
[#37]
I wouldn't mind the police kicking more ass and taking more names.
Link Posted: 10/13/2015 4:28:10 PM EDT
[#38]

Quoted:

Aside from the taxpayers paying police to not police, I don't see the problem.

Chump don't want da help, chump don't get da help
View Quote
Won't the police department just reallocate those resources to provide more police service to other parts of the city? So isn't that a good thing for those who live in those other parts of the city?

Link Posted: 10/13/2015 4:30:47 PM EDT
[#39]
Link Posted: 10/13/2015 4:30:55 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Uh what?  How exactly will "depolicing" cause the scenario you outlined above to suddenly become some common occurrence?
Link Posted: 10/13/2015 4:31:07 PM EDT
[#41]

Quoted:

Back in the golden age of policing, the police kept those undesirables in their section of town.  Sounds like a return to the familiar to me.
View Quote
Economics assumed that role. Housing prices and rents are simply economic segregation, and it [mostly] works like a charm. Mostly.  

Link Posted: 10/13/2015 4:31:12 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Yeah, just you…. they pay just you out of property taxes. All the other officers get paid from various revenue sources like red light cameras ( generate MILLIONS in revenue), speeding tickets, vehicle confiscation, etc. etc.  BUT you , just YOU get paid strictly from property taxes.
Link Posted: 10/13/2015 4:31:43 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:
View Quote

My wife grew up around there. I didn't really appreciate visiting, but if I have my geography correct (I was only there briefly) the college was in a pretty decent area and there was a lot of retail stuff not too far. IIRC that area was pretty quintessential "college town" but then there were areas nearby that I wouldn't touch with a ten mile pole. It was a really long time ago, so someone may be along to tell me I have the wrong town.
Link Posted: 10/13/2015 4:32:06 PM EDT
[#44]
It seems ok, till your neighborhood is invaded and your property values go to shit.

I think that was known as urban decay
Link Posted: 10/13/2015 4:32:32 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

YOU try telling her to shut up.

Truth be told, every time there is an incident (and there are "incidents" every year.) the cops surround that place for weeks.
Link Posted: 10/13/2015 4:35:00 PM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:
Meh, whatever. You're on your own in this world. Always have been, always will be. This just takes the blinders off for those who choose to ignore that reality.
View Quote

Average Joe Citizen is going to get to celebrate diversity frequently, in ways they never imagined, I suspect.
Link Posted: 10/13/2015 4:35:06 PM EDT
[#47]
Great idea.  And make sure NOT to respond to calls for help in those neighborhoods, either.

Let the problem solve itself.

Link Posted: 10/13/2015 4:36:33 PM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:

My wife grew up around there. I didn't really appreciate visiting, but if I have my geography correct (I was only there briefly) the college was in a pretty decent area and there was a lot of retail stuff not too far. IIRC that area was pretty quintessential "college town" but then there were areas nearby that I wouldn't touch with a ten mile pole. It was a really long time ago, so someone may be along to tell me I have the wrong town.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

There are areas with really nice turn of the century brick houses and well kept properties and then there is the rest...
Link Posted: 10/13/2015 4:36:58 PM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:
It'll be interesting if #BLM pivots and starts whining about "police neglect" or if some other group will arise and do so.
View Quote

While not BLM directly, he's certainly tied the WH and "progressives."

"Emanuel: 'Fetal' Officers Are Contributing to Increase in Chicago Violence"

NBC Chicago
Link Posted: 10/13/2015 4:38:04 PM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:

NBC Chicago
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
It'll be interesting if #BLM pivots and starts whining about "police neglect" or if some other group will arise and do so.

NBC Chicago

NYPD's police commissioner also mentioned it in a speech not too long ago.

The NYPD’s latest statistics show a 10% increase in murders through July 27th, compared to the same period last year.

Bratton says there are two main reasons.

One of them is because criminals are feeling empowered. The other reason, is police feel like they're under attack.
Page / 6
Top Top