Link Posted: 11/6/2015 9:43:58 PM EDT
[#2]
I have to DVR it, can't stand the commericials
Link Posted: 11/7/2015 3:53:57 PM EDT
[#3]
Good episode, no real derp.
Link Posted: 11/7/2015 4:39:33 PM EDT
[#4]
Adding a conveyor to handle the leavings was another non-Hoffman move. Todd may just finally have a good season.
Link Posted: 11/7/2015 5:28:38 PM EDT
[#5]

Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

Adding a conveyor to handle the leavings was another non-Hoffman move. Todd may just finally have a good season.
View Quote

Yeah that rig is next-level. I lol'd when they said Thurb was fired.
Link Posted: 11/7/2015 7:04:30 PM EDT
[#6]
watched it, wondering when the new conveyor was damaged, in transit?

Parker's going for it!

Operating that dredge seems stressful, go take a leak and leave it unattended for 60 seconds then all hell breaks loose
Link Posted: 11/7/2015 7:19:56 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:

Operating that dredge seems stressful, go take a leak and leave it unattended for 60 seconds then all hell breaks loose
View Quote
well back in the old days they probably had several men working up there keeping it running and watching out.  Now he's got one old guy.

Link Posted: 11/7/2015 8:07:15 PM EDT
[#8]
I noticed they stopped the hyper drama crap like "oh noes, the conveyor is stuck, the whole mining season is in jeopardy!!!!"
Link Posted: 11/7/2015 8:07:53 PM EDT
[#9]
I still don't trust Jack all alone with the cleanouts, probably has a stash jar of gold on the side
Link Posted: 11/7/2015 10:21:30 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
well back in the old days they probably had several men working up there keeping it running and watching out.  Now he's got one old guy.

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I'm not sure why Tony didn't spend the money to update the controls.
Link Posted: 11/7/2015 11:28:08 PM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:

I still don't trust Jack all alone with the cleanouts, probably has a stash jar of gold on the side
View Quote

I hated hearing him spout about them surpassing their goal this season. Really dumb.
Link Posted: 11/8/2015 12:16:59 AM EDT
[#12]
Still watch it just to see Grandpa Schnabel.
I would watch a whole season of that man taking out the garbage.
Link Posted: 11/8/2015 8:29:27 AM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:

View Quote

He has great advice and attitude.

The last line about doing what makes you happy instead of what makes you the most money was awesome and it motivated Parker to push on.

Link Posted: 11/8/2015 9:38:42 AM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
Yeah that was nice of him. I still got the feeling he wants to dredge her gold mine.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Rick is a good man.

He strikes me as someone who's probably  made plenty of mistakes in life, but not allowing them to film Emily while she was having a panic attack was a class act.
Yeah that was nice of him. I still got the feeling he wants to dredge her gold mine.

Lol.
Link Posted: 11/8/2015 9:41:54 AM EDT
[#15]
Grandpappy John reminds me of my own grandpappy. Think that's why I love this show so much. That and it's about men being men, to an extent. Kinda miss seeing the Dakota Boys because they weren't all about the camera and drama BS.
Link Posted: 11/8/2015 9:46:55 AM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
View Quote

I like him also, great guy.
Link Posted: 11/13/2015 10:59:28 PM EDT
[#17]
Jack Shack!
Link Posted: 11/13/2015 11:04:02 PM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:

Jack's Share Shack!
View Quote

Link Posted: 11/14/2015 10:06:57 PM EDT
[#19]
Parker knows how to party
Link Posted: 11/14/2015 10:09:26 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Jack's Share Shack!

Jack's glory hole shack!
Link Posted: 11/15/2015 11:12:32 AM EDT
[#21]

Quoted:

View Quote

I'd say he got screwed out of a few Gs for those junked skis.

Should've just bought a few kegs and a fuckton of ammo and shot guns around a bonfire.
Link Posted: 11/15/2015 11:21:19 AM EDT
[#22]

Quoted:

Should've just bought a few kegs and a fuckton of ammo and shot guns around a bonfire.

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

They probably do that but don't air it because of feels

Link Posted: 11/15/2015 11:21:56 AM EDT
[#23]

Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Probably.
Link Posted: 11/15/2015 12:40:35 PM EDT
[#24]
Tony Beets: "this is a gold dredge, not a cruise ship!"
Link Posted: 11/22/2015 9:45:53 PM EDT
[#25]
not a bad episode, extended the discharge chute on the dredge

Toad's losing gold from the tailing contraption and fixed it and scored 214 oz

Parker doing Treasure Island
Link Posted: 11/22/2015 9:59:20 PM EDT
[#26]

Quoted:

View Quote
he should get his son to start panning the fine tailings

Link Posted: 11/22/2015 10:00:44 PM EDT
[#27]

Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Yes.
Link Posted: 11/22/2015 11:36:36 PM EDT
[#28]
why not reprocess the fine tailings?

Already dug up, doesnt have to be stripped of overburdern, not far from Big Red

Run it as a test after doing a cleanout of the regular pay dirt

Link Posted: 11/22/2015 11:48:25 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:

Already dug up, doesnt have to be stripped of overburder, not far from Big Red

View Quote

Cost vs Return
Link Posted: 11/23/2015 12:10:08 AM EDT
[#30]
They were only losing 1/4 oz/hr. Not enough to bother wasting the fuel on. Thats 0.00083 oz/yd at the 300yds/hr they claim to be running.
Link Posted: 11/23/2015 1:02:39 AM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:

Already dug up, doesnt have to be stripped of overburdern, not far from Big Red

View Quote

Yeah, grab an excavator and trench out the area behind the wash a couple feet. It probably needs to be deeper anyway because of the sand pile they had earlier.
Link Posted: 11/23/2015 1:18:22 AM EDT
[#32]

Quoted:
Cost vs Return
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Cost vs Return

I'd do it at the very end of the season when the ground starts to freeze back over.
Link Posted: 11/23/2015 1:30:31 AM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:

I'd do it at the very end of the season when the ground starts to freeze back over.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Cost vs Return

Diesel still costs money when its cold. They lost 250 bucks an hour according to them from that issue.

By the time you move those specific tailings so they dont mix with trash tailings, then run the plant, and 1 or 2 pieces of equipment to dump it back through, there isnt any money there.

Thats not even counting opportunity cost of running other good tailings and wasting their time with trash.

I dont think people understand what these operations cost to run.

Take for instance this last episode where they show the mechanics working and pull them off to drive truck on parkers claim. Did you notice he was standing next to a decked out service pickup, probably a 150 grand for the pickup and tools. I have a legit cat tech on my staff that works on that type of equipment. Figure 130k a year in rural america, more working long hours in the bush.

They arent making that much (if any, not counting show money) profit when they pull in 1000 dollars an hour, pretty tough to make 250 an hour.
Link Posted: 11/23/2015 1:34:35 AM EDT
[#34]

Quoted:
Diesel still costs money when its cold. They lost 250 bucks an hour according to them from that issue.

By the time you move those specific tailings so they dont mix with trash tailings, then run the plant, and 1 or 2 pieces of equipment to dump it back through, there isnt any money there.

Thats not even counting opportunity cost of running other good tailings and wasting their time with trash.

Take for instance this last episode where they show the mechanics working and pull them off to drive truck on parkers claim. Did you notice he was standing next to a decked out service pickup, probably a 150 grand for the pickup and tools. I have a legit cat tech on my staff that works on that type of equipment. Figure 130k a year in rural america, more working long hours in the bush.

They arent making that much (if any, not counting show money) profit when they pull in 1000 dollars an hour, pretty tough to make 250 an hour.
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Cost vs Return

True. Hard to just blow gold outta the box and leave it sitting in a pile of tailings 100m from the plant though. [shrugs]
Link Posted: 11/23/2015 1:37:31 AM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:

True. Hard to just blow gold outta the box and leave it sitting in a pile of tailings 100m from the plant though. [shrugs]
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Cost vs Return

I hear ya.
Link Posted: 11/23/2015 1:48:21 AM EDT
[#36]
I could do without every single time Jack coming out to the group around a fire and "Oh we may not make it, woopsie, got this other jar in my pocket."

Who's the girl with Parker?  That his GF?  Different girl than the one that had the panic attack right?

What the hell happened to the cabin that Dave built at the glory hole property?  They showed one episode of him building that, looked like a damn house.
Link Posted: 11/23/2015 9:03:17 AM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:
View Quote

I'll bet Minnie has a bucket hidden under the floor
Link Posted: 11/23/2015 8:20:51 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Cost vs Return

I agree too, even the several feet of overburden they strip has fine gold in it. But it is not worth the time and money to process.
Link Posted: 11/24/2015 8:13:35 PM EDT
[#39]

Quoted:

I agree too, even the several feet of overburden they strip has fine gold in it. But it is not worth the time and money to process.
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Get freddy dodge do build something that will extract it efficiently.

Link Posted: 11/24/2015 8:54:18 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Can't get emotional about it just because it's gold. If it doesn't even cover the cost of fuel its not worth anything more than the dirt that surrounds it.
Link Posted: 11/24/2015 10:22:55 PM EDT
[#41]

Quoted:

View Quote

whatever happened to Freddy?

Link Posted: 11/24/2015 10:39:07 PM EDT
[#42]

Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

You not watching this season?
Link Posted: 11/25/2015 12:56:45 AM EDT
[#43]

Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

ah, I got Freddy Dodge confused with the Dakota Fred

Link Posted: 11/25/2015 12:57:07 AM EDT
[#44]
Whatever happened to Dakota Fred
Link Posted: 11/25/2015 1:23:22 AM EDT
[#45]
Is Freddy Dodge on staff permanently or just to help with Monster Red setup?  What happened to Carmak?  Maybe he's retired after that big haul and just helping Toad for the lulz.
Link Posted: 11/25/2015 9:02:46 AM EDT
[#46]

Quoted:

View Quote

Told producers a few years ago that if they preferred his crew to act, they should be paid as actors. When they said no, he said see ya.
Link Posted: 11/25/2015 9:04:45 AM EDT
[#47]

Quoted:

Is Freddy Dodge on staff permanently or just to help with Monster Red setup?  What happened to Carmak?  Maybe he's retired after that big haul and just helping Toad for the lulz.
View Quote

My guess is Todd had him come up to monitor the plant while they increased the amount of pay through it, knowing there would be issues. Once all the creases get ironed out, he might head back to Carmacks.
Link Posted: 11/25/2015 9:49:17 AM EDT
[#48]
No guts no glory hole!
Link Posted: 11/25/2015 9:47:18 PM EDT
[#49]
I miss the glory hole
Link Posted: 11/25/2015 9:55:58 PM EDT
[#50]
didnt know that, but makes me respect him more, i liked him and his son, like parker, and grand dad or course, like the viking! cant even stand to watch when the hoffman idiots, or idiotic crews are on......

Quoted:

Told producers a few years ago that if they preferred his crew to act, they should be paid as actors. When they said no, he said see ya.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Page / 9
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top