Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 9
Link Posted: 10/19/2015 2:48:04 PM EDT
[#1]

Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I laughed when I watched it the first time.

You still haven't worked out the details of the profits of Dakota Fred, Parker and Tony Beets I see.  

We all know that Toad makes money off of this show, it was his brainchild.

The only people making money is Tony and Freddie.

The money Tony made off of Parker last year was pure profit.

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Agree fully with your assessment.  Here was  the fun I had at the end of last season trying to make sense of the Hoffman 'profit':

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=euA-dSHcNdg

I laughed when I watched it the first time.

You still haven't worked out the details of the profits of Dakota Fred, Parker and Tony Beets I see.  

We all know that Toad makes money off of this show, it was his brainchild.

The only people making money is Tony and Freddie.

The money Tony made off of Parker last year was pure profit.

Something else is missing.  These reality TV shows don't have tens of millions of dollars of cash to float a mining operation.

I know basically nothing about mining of any sort, but there is no way that they are supporting those operations with what's being shown on the screen.
Link Posted: 10/19/2015 3:49:06 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:

I wanna see Tony get the second dredge going.  

As to his first contract with Parker  That was kind of fucked up, but I hope Parker learned a lesson.  

I imagine Tony got wind of Parker wanting to mine with his grandpa again on the side and then changed the deal.  I can see how he'd be a little pissed at Parker and I can see how parker thought he had a deal.

Tony is still a dick.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Just finished watching the first show on DVR

Parker has his virgin land

The supercut turned all to mud but they somehow managed to strip it

Tony's making the dredge safe.

I think all 3 teams will kick ass this season

I wanna see Tony get the second dredge going.  

As to his first contract with Parker  That was kind of fucked up, but I hope Parker learned a lesson.  

I imagine Tony got wind of Parker wanting to mine with his grandpa again on the side and then changed the deal.  I can see how he'd be a little pissed at Parker and I can see how parker thought he had a deal.

Tony is still a dick.

My thoughts exactly on Tony getting wind.  There is so much shit going on out of sight that it might make you think that Tony is a dick.  But who starts with out a singed contract when dealing with people like Tony?  I have worked for people like Tony.  Tony is not a dick he is out for Tony and what is so wrong with that?  Tony is going to do it his way and f the world.

I would rather work for Tony than Toad, Toad repeatedly f's over his people while Tony just keeps reminding you that its going to be his way, he has the upper hand and he knows it.  Tony's wife telling him to fix the rails and safety crap probably has something to do with Mine safety coming down hard on them.
Link Posted: 10/19/2015 10:18:57 PM EDT
[#3]
Dick move by Tony. You can't change a fucking contract after half the party agrees to the terms and signs.

Glad to see Rick made it back; that dude seems solid as hell. Hope they do great things on that virgin ground.

Todd's crew has a LOT of work ahead of them if they wanna get to Dorado.

All-in-all, good first episode; really looking forward to this season. But I still kinda miss the Dakota Boys...
Link Posted: 10/20/2015 10:48:12 AM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:

Dick move by Tony. You can't change a fucking contract after half the party agrees to the terms and signs.

View Quote

actually you can

It's like an offer and until accepted by both parties it can be withdrawn, sort of like cancelling a bid on eBay (which counts as a dick move in my book)

Link Posted: 10/23/2015 9:11:34 PM EDT
[#5]
And away we go.
Link Posted: 10/23/2015 9:30:11 PM EDT
[#6]
That dredge is sweet.
Link Posted: 10/23/2015 9:33:58 PM EDT
[#7]
Let's make it happening!
Link Posted: 10/23/2015 9:35:42 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
That dredge is sweet.
View Quote

It's fucking awesome to see runnning, even if it is just on tv.  
Link Posted: 10/23/2015 9:37:47 PM EDT
[#9]
Fuck!!!!

They just broke it.
Link Posted: 10/23/2015 9:40:47 PM EDT
[#10]
I'll be catching up tomorrow. I ditched cable a year ago
Link Posted: 10/23/2015 9:44:52 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

actually you can

It's like an offer and until accepted by both parties it can be withdrawn, sort of like cancelling a bid on eBay (which counts as a dick move in my book)

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

actually you can

A contract with only one person's signature isn't a contract, its just a nice idea that someone wrote down. Like a book or a travel brochure.
Link Posted: 10/23/2015 9:56:59 PM EDT
[#12]
This is making me miss my Grandfather. He would have been a good gold miner. RIP.
Link Posted: 10/23/2015 10:10:31 PM EDT
[#13]
Figure roughly $1,000 an hour in gold and he burns $10 an hour in fuel plus hourly wage for 5 men... Tony is making money on that dredge. Granted he may not recover as many ounces as Todd or Parker but the cost per ounce produced will blow away anything those two do.

Link Posted: 10/23/2015 10:12:50 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
Figure roughly $1,000 an hour in gold and he burns $10 an hour in fuel plus hourly wage for 5 men... Tony is making money on that dredge. Granted he may not recover as many ounces as Todd or Parker but the cost per ounce produced will blow away anything those two do.  
View Quote

That is the dirtiest "21" ounces ever. It's all TV BS, the sad part is I can stop watching
Link Posted: 10/23/2015 10:14:12 PM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:
That is the dirtiest "21" ounces ever. It's all TV BS, the sad part is I can stop watching
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Same here. I know most of it is fake drama but I love to see the gold clean outs.

Link Posted: 10/24/2015 12:30:51 AM EDT
[#16]
What exactly was Todd doing tonight at Tony's claim?  Those smug looks he kept making on camera were making me ill.  Tony found as much gold in 20 hours as Todd did the entire first season, which isn't saying much, I guess.
Link Posted: 10/24/2015 4:26:01 AM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:
A contract with only one person's signature isn't a contract, its just a nice idea that someone wrote down. Like a book or a travel brochure.
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

actually you can

well considering Tony wrote up the contract that Parker signed then changed it I'd call that a pretty big Dick move on his part.

Link Posted: 10/24/2015 6:42:57 AM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
View Quote

I'm pretty sure he said 10 gallons an hour, not $10 an hour.
Link Posted: 10/24/2015 7:15:26 AM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
View Quote

He said ten gallons an hour, so ten times whatever diesel cost up there. Say sixty bucks an hour.

Also, about the contract, it may be legal what he did, but business wise it was a horrible move, especially since it's on TV. Your word is supposed to be your bond, that's important in business dealings, and he went back on his word. Who the duck wants to do business with a guy like that?
Link Posted: 10/24/2015 9:24:25 AM EDT
[#20]

Quoted:
Same here. I know most of it is fake drama but I love to see the gold clean outs.

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

It's true.

That dredge is really fk'n cool though. The biggest equation for that thing to be worth the investment is having good ground to run it on.
Link Posted: 10/24/2015 9:59:55 AM EDT
[#21]
i really liked this episode, because it was mostly all Parker, and Tony, and only about a minutes or two of Hoffman, didnt even need to change the channel. Which is what I do every time those idiots come on....
Link Posted: 10/24/2015 11:04:44 AM EDT
[#22]

Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

You are correct. Even at 10 gallons an hour he is doing good.

Link Posted: 10/24/2015 11:06:05 AM EDT
[#23]

Quoted:

i really liked this episode, because it was mostly all Parker, and Tony, and only about a minutes or two of Hoffman, didnt even need to change the channel. Which is what I do every time those idiots come on....
View Quote

Agree. I wish they would dedicate an hour show of no drama, and just go into detail about how the dredge works, showing the various parts of the machinery etc.

Link Posted: 10/24/2015 11:41:43 AM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:

Agree. I wish they would dedicate an hour show of no drama, and just go into detail about how the dredge works, showing the various parts of the machinery etc.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

We went through an old one outside of Fairbanks - pretty neat machine.

They gave you free run - no tour .

Some of the AK members can probably give more insight.
Link Posted: 10/25/2015 9:02:03 AM EDT
[#25]
Looks like the hated Cheeseman is earning the respect of his crew
Link Posted: 10/25/2015 9:05:08 AM EDT
[#26]
I predict more dredge breakdowns

If I was Tony I'd be proactive and start lining up some spare buckets if he hasn't already
Link Posted: 10/25/2015 9:20:30 AM EDT
[#27]

Quoted:

Looks like the hated Cheeseman is earning the respect of his crew
View Quote

I wager it's fake drama, naturally. If those two engineers thought they'd get to run that thing without a foreman, they're retarded. Gene's the right dude for the job.
Link Posted: 10/25/2015 9:34:21 AM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:

If I was Tony I'd be proactive and start lining up some spare buckets if he hasn't already
View Quote

But then there wouldn't be any drama about being shutdown and where to find a replacement bucket when one does break.
Link Posted: 10/25/2015 9:48:48 AM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:
well considering Tony wrote up the contract that Parker signed then changed it I'd call that a pretty big Dick move on his part.  
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

actually you can

I'm not arguing that it's a bit of a dick move.

I'm arguing that you can, and are 100% entitled to change a contract you haven't signed, unless your state have laws on verbal contracts that it might fall under. The poster say you can't do that. You can.

It happens, people are dicks in business. The ones that aren't dicks are usually called bankrupt or employees.

For a guy like tony, his word is not relevant. He has the land with the gold. It makes no difference to him if people like it, someone will always come to lease it, because he has it and gold bearing ground is a finite resource. If they don't he doesn't need them and can mine it himself when he has time.

That's a nice spot to be in.
Link Posted: 10/25/2015 9:00:35 PM EDT
[#30]

Quoted:
But then there wouldn't be any drama about being shutdown and where to find a replacement bucket when one does break.

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Toad and crew will provide the drama, I'd rather have gold than drama

Maybe he already has some secured, dunno

Link Posted: 10/25/2015 9:02:51 PM EDT
[#31]
Noticed the dredge has all types of railings and such now

Good job

Link Posted: 10/30/2015 7:43:29 PM EDT
[#32]
tonight on gold derp... herp with a shit ton of derp as toad tries to move his wash plant
Link Posted: 10/30/2015 7:57:22 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:
tonight on gold derp... herp with a shit ton of derp as toad tries to move his wash plant
View Quote

I'm ready for the derp!
Link Posted: 10/30/2015 8:01:10 PM EDT
[#34]
There are worse shows on TV.  I find the relationship between Parker and his grandfather to be extremely touching.  There is a connection between the generations in that relationship that has all but disappeared.  I could watch that aspect of the show for at least an hour each week.

Having run much, much smaller equipment, I can sympathize with the stuck machines, broken hoses and thrown tracks.  There was a real feeling of helplessness when my machines were broken down, even if it was just in my back yard.
Link Posted: 10/30/2015 8:15:41 PM EDT
[#35]

Quoted:

View Quote

Parker pisses off his crew again too per the previews

Link Posted: 10/30/2015 8:56:29 PM EDT
[#36]
I liked it.

...but it's getting hard to watch.
Link Posted: 10/30/2015 9:52:05 PM EDT
[#37]
Rick is a good man.

He strikes me as someone who's probably  made plenty of mistakes in life, but not allowing them to film Emily while she was having a panic attack was a class act.
Link Posted: 10/30/2015 10:07:17 PM EDT
[#38]
there is a guy here in Eagle River,AK that has buckets on pallets so they are around
Link Posted: 10/30/2015 10:11:48 PM EDT
[#39]

Quoted:

Rick is a good man.

He strikes me as someone who's probably  made plenty of mistakes in life, but not allowing them to film Emily while she was having a panic attack was a class act.
View Quote

yeah, Rick is a good dude, except for all of the felonious tats that he has

Link Posted: 10/30/2015 10:25:48 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:
I wonder how long it will be before Gene and Tony butt heads?
I can see Gene wanting to do it the right way, and Tony yelling like a madman to get it done.
This could be interesting.  
View Quote

Was Tony the other guy on the dumpster with Gene?
Link Posted: 10/31/2015 2:08:47 AM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:
Was Tony the other guy on the dumpster with Gene?
View Quote

What you did there...I see it

It did take a second though.
Link Posted: 10/31/2015 8:12:08 AM EDT
[#42]

Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

screwed that one up, 'twas crying wimmin issues instead

Link Posted: 10/31/2015 8:13:41 AM EDT
[#43]
Parker's still going to end up pissing off his entire crew, dude chill out, learn from your past fuck ups

Link Posted: 10/31/2015 8:42:08 AM EDT
[#44]

Quoted:

Rick is a good man.

View Quote
Yeah that was nice of him. I still got the feeling he wants to dredge her gold mine.

Link Posted: 10/31/2015 9:40:08 AM EDT
[#45]
I half watched last nights show, and WTF they are truly going out of their way to totally fucking gay up the show, and make me just stop watching it all together, I mean right now I only change the channel when the hoffman idiots crews are on, but now with crying bitches and all, its really just stating to erk the fucking shit out of me, and I really used to like the show, well except for the hoffman idiotic morons.....
Link Posted: 10/31/2015 9:44:51 AM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:
Parker's still going to end up pissing off his entire crew, dude chill out, learn from you past fuck ups
View Quote

Id lose my shit on that crew, too.

No doubt he fucked up with Gene and the crew last season, but the current crew aren't miners in any sense of the word.
Link Posted: 10/31/2015 11:21:44 AM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

It looked like a magnet would have lifted 1/3 of that weight. I bet they cleared no more than 12-15 out of that.

Posted Via AR15.Com Mobile
Link Posted: 10/31/2015 12:14:45 PM EDT
[#48]

Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Rick is a good man.

Yeah definitely a standup guy who's learned from his mistakes and is happy about who he is and life in general.
Link Posted: 10/31/2015 4:36:49 PM EDT
[#49]

Quoted:

Parker's still going to end up pissing off his entire crew, dude chill out, learn from you past fuck ups
View Quote

Parker is 20. He will learn, but it will take time.

The Hoffmans may actually do something this year. Moving the wash plant instead of hauling pay dirt a half mile is a very non-Hoffman move.

Link Posted: 10/31/2015 7:36:34 PM EDT
[#50]

Quoted:

The Hoffmans may actually do something this year. Moving the wash plant instead of hauling pay dirt a half mile is a very non-Hoffman move.

View Quote

Big Red is awesome

Page / 9
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top