lmao kid in the water!

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Quoted:
What the frick?!!!
lmao kid in the water!

That was pretty hilarious! What a dunce.
Link Posted: 10/16/2015 10:20:47 PM EDT
[#3]
lol sends parker contract.  parker signs it.  beets then changes it
Link Posted: 10/16/2015 10:24:23 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
View Quote

Yea, that guy is hard to deal with, but Parker does not handle it well either.
Link Posted: 10/16/2015 10:26:38 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Except that beets is completely in the wrong. He made an offer and parker accepted.
Link Posted: 10/16/2015 10:34:13 PM EDT
[#6]
D'OH!

Link Posted: 10/16/2015 10:45:20 PM EDT
[#7]
and now this is a lesson in corporate negotiations
Link Posted: 10/16/2015 10:58:51 PM EDT
[#8]
Ha, Beets got a taste of his own medicine.
Link Posted: 10/16/2015 11:00:49 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
Ha, Beets got a taste of his own medicine.
View Quote

Yep, but he seemed to respect the kid more after.
Link Posted: 10/16/2015 11:02:00 PM EDT
[#10]
Todd's supercut sponsored by supercuts.  

Link Posted: 10/17/2015 2:06:02 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

You just proved his point. Thats nothing. This equipment isnt cheap to run. Those are staggering losses, if the show wasnt helping out.

I remember one season a poster here pointed out that if you paused it when parker and his mom were talking about a big diesel bill, the bill had something to the effect of "will volvo help out with this?" written on it. It was volvo or w/e equipment company was the sponser that year.

I ran some rough numbers last year on parkers operation based off of equipment lease, repair, diesel, and minimum wage. From what i remember i was thinking he likely would have broke even without the show.

Remember also that the gold is refined so they lose some of the weight in gold due to impurities, on top of that they dont get spot, the refiners take a cut. Also the show talks about total oz mined, but never subracts the landlords 10 percent cut from that total.

They probably burn 500 dollars an hour just in fuel.

My next door neighbor at work owns a road construction company. He went to Alaska during the recession to mine gold. He came back to build roads and never spoke of gold again.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
The only money the Hoffmans are making is from the show

Yea, no, not so much.

Most people seem to forget that Toad and his boys have pulled out quite a bit of gold.

Had toad stayed in the Yukon instead of heading south he would have kicked everyone asses that season.

Season 2:
Porcupine Creek (Hurt et al.): 80.4 oz (2,280 g) $125,000
Big Nugget Mine (Schnabel et al.): 34 oz (960 g) $55,000
Quartz Creek (Hoffman et al.): 93.5 oz (2,650 g) $150,000

Season 3:
The Hoffman crew mined 803oz. of gold earning them over $1.28 million
Parker and Dakota Fred mined 191oz. and 163oz, respectively, worth over a quarter million dollars each. This in comparison to the first season where nobody earned more than 50oz. of gold.

You just proved his point. Thats nothing. This equipment isnt cheap to run. Those are staggering losses, if the show wasnt helping out.

I remember one season a poster here pointed out that if you paused it when parker and his mom were talking about a big diesel bill, the bill had something to the effect of "will volvo help out with this?" written on it. It was volvo or w/e equipment company was the sponser that year.

I ran some rough numbers last year on parkers operation based off of equipment lease, repair, diesel, and minimum wage. From what i remember i was thinking he likely would have broke even without the show.

Remember also that the gold is refined so they lose some of the weight in gold due to impurities, on top of that they dont get spot, the refiners take a cut. Also the show talks about total oz mined, but never subracts the landlords 10 percent cut from that total.

My next door neighbor at work owns a road construction company. He went to Alaska during the recession to mine gold. He came back to build roads and never spoke of gold again.

Agree fully with your assessment.  Here was  the fun I had at the end of last season trying to make sense of the Hoffman 'profit':
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=euA-dSHcNdg

Link Posted: 10/17/2015 2:36:55 AM EDT
[#12]
I enjoy the show for what it is...mindless entertainment. Other than the injected drama of gold goals, break downs, and Nancy boy fights, it's probably the best "reality TV" show on the air right now. It's fun to watch and beats building stupid looking motorcycles for famous people or cooking and hoping you don't piss off Gordon Ramsey.
Link Posted: 10/17/2015 3:07:00 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
Agree fully with your assessment.  Here was  the fun I had at the end of last season trying to make sense of the Hoffman 'profit':
View Quote

I laughed when I watched it the first time.
You still haven't worked out the details of the profits of Dakota Fred, Parker and Tony Beets I see.  

We all know that Toad makes money off of this show, it was his brainchild.

The only people making money is Tony and Freddie.
The money Tony made off of Parker last year was pure profit.

Link Posted: 10/17/2015 7:52:57 AM EDT
[#14]
I missed the last 2 seasons, but it is still pretty much the same from what I saw last night.  

What happened to Dakota Fred?
Link Posted: 10/17/2015 9:01:14 AM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
I missed the last 2 seasons, but it is still pretty much the same from what I saw last night.  

View Quote

Here is my understanding after piecing together posts from Dakota Fred's Facebook page:

At the end of season 4, Discovery made a series of cost-cutting measures and they were going to reduce the amount Dakota Fred would get paid per episode.  But Dakota Fred was already souring on continuing the show because instead of gold mining all day, he found he was constantly being told by producers what to do, what to say, and recreating events for the camera.  He told Discovery, "If you want me to be an actor, you need to pay me like an actor."  They refused, and so he left.

He did go on to mine the waterfall claim you see at the end of season 4.  However, we do not know how much gold he found as he had a deal to make a new show called "All that Glitters" that was supposed to air, but as of yet never has.

As of this summer he was back at Porcupine Creek, but he wasn't mining the Glory Hole.  How do I know? Because my father-in-law went up to see him - we have family in the area.

Link Posted: 10/17/2015 10:42:31 AM EDT
[#16]
What was the outcome of Tony trying to pull the screw job on Parker?
Link Posted: 10/17/2015 10:45:54 AM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:

What was the outcome of Tony trying to pull the screw job on Parker?
View Quote

Tony wanted Gene to work the dredge, but Parker had a non-compete contract with Gene. Parker wanted more virgin land to mine and they got the deal done.

Link Posted: 10/17/2015 11:01:29 AM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
The only money the Hoffmans are making is from the show

Yea, no, not so much.

Most people seem to forget that Toad and his boys have pulled out quite a bit of gold.

Had toad stayed in the Yukon instead of heading south he would have kicked everyone asses that season.

Season 2:
Porcupine Creek (Hurt et al.): 80.4 oz (2,280 g) $125,000
Big Nugget Mine (Schnabel et al.): 34 oz (960 g) $55,000
Quartz Creek (Hoffman et al.): 93.5 oz (2,650 g) $150,000

Season 3:
The Hoffman crew mined 803oz. of gold earning them over $1.28 million
Parker and Dakota Fred mined 191oz. and 163oz, respectively, worth over a quarter million dollars each. This in comparison to the first season where nobody earned more than 50oz. of gold.

Seeing your video was actually what gave me the idea to run parkers numbers.

If I get time later this year I may start a thread and get some input from heavy equipment guys to put together realistic operating costs. I know a lot based on what my subcontractors charge me but we do mechanical work, sub out anything beyond a backhoe, skidsteer or trencher.

My best friend packs and hauls silage for dairies. I know he says on a semi truck hauling silage you pretty much count on 500 bucks a day in diesel at moderate prices.
Link Posted: 10/17/2015 12:33:36 PM EDT
[#19]

Show needs moar boobs.

Link Posted: 10/17/2015 1:53:40 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

Here is my understanding after piecing together posts from Dakota Fred's Facebook page:

At the end of season 4, Discovery made a series of cost-cutting measures and they were going to reduce the amount Dakota Fred would get paid per episode.  But Dakota Fred was already souring on continuing the show because instead of gold mining all day, he found he was constantly being told by producers what to do, what to say, and recreating events for the camera.  He told Discovery, "If you want me to be an actor, you need to pay me like an actor."  They refused, and so he left.

He did go on to mine the waterfall claim you see at the end of season 4.  However, we do not know how much gold he found as he had a deal to make a new show called "All that Glitters" that was supposed to air, but as of yet never has.

As of this summer he was back at Porcupine Creek, but he wasn't mining the Glory Hole.  How do I know? Because my father-in-law went up to see him - we have family in the area.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Thanks!  I'm trying to catch up.  

I always liked them when I was keeping up.  
Link Posted: 10/17/2015 1:57:41 PM EDT
[#21]

Quoted:
Except that beets is completely in the wrong. He made an offer and parker accepted.
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Tony and his wife are assholes.

Link Posted: 10/17/2015 2:27:10 PM EDT
[#22]
Link Posted: 10/17/2015 2:58:13 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:

Show needs moar boobs.

http://i57.tinypic.com/x25d0l.jpg
View Quote

just please god, not those boobs.
Link Posted: 10/17/2015 3:00:00 PM EDT
[#24]
Link Posted: 10/17/2015 3:19:56 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:

Show needs moar boobs.

View Quote

I dvr that show because of this whiney bitch. I just zip right past her and Zeke.
Link Posted: 10/17/2015 7:02:37 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:

View Quote

I love the subtle sponsorship's in the show.

"Oh no, fuckface drove a 150klb excavator on the ice and broke through... grab the POLARIS, we need to rescue him!!!" Parker did it a couple seasons ago, too. I need to check out the far side of this cut. There's some pretty rugged ground over there, better take my.... ahem.... *extra manly voice* Polaris Ranger.

Anyway, excavator on the fucking ice??? In April??? If that's my goldmine, that kid is fired.

Fired.

FIRED.

Nobody with judgement that bad should be operating anything larger than a big wheel.

Also, I noticed that Parker got a new Raptor. After he was done putting the wood to Tony for some new claims, he walked outside and started it up. Was it just me or did that thing have a diesel in it? Do Raptors have diesels in them now??
Link Posted: 10/17/2015 7:06:22 PM EDT
[#27]

Quoted:

"Oh no, fuckface drove a 150klb excavator on the ice and broke through... grab the POLARIS, we need to rescue him!!!" Parker did it a couple seasons ago, too. I need to check out the far side of this cut. There's some pretty rugged ground over there, better take my.... ahem.... *extra manly voice* Polaris Ranger.

Anyway, excavator on the fucking ice??? In April??? If that's my goldmine, that kid is fired.

Fired.

FIRED.

Nobody with judgement that bad should be operating anything larger than a big wheel.

Also, I noticed that Parker got a new Raptor. After he was done putting the wood to Tony for some new claims, he walked outside and started it up. Was it just me or did that thing have a diesel in it? Do Raptors have diesels in them now??
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Fired.

FIRED.

I think the entire thing was staged for drama.

Link Posted: 10/17/2015 7:09:01 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:

View Quote

I thought was the same truck he had last year? I did not think it was a diesel but could have missed it. Those guys do have nice trucks on that show.
Link Posted: 10/17/2015 7:11:00 PM EDT
[#29]

I think the entire thing was staged for drama.

View Quote

I thought the same thing. Looked fake,
Link Posted: 10/17/2015 7:16:27 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:

Show needs moar boobs.

View Quote

I think that girl thats working for parker this season might be decent. Was hard to tell though. Needs more camera time to confirm.
Link Posted: 10/17/2015 7:18:47 PM EDT
[#31]
I Googled Todd Hoffman's net worth, and this site LINK listed him worth $400k

I thought this show would have paid him more...

(I know he didn't make it off gold)
Link Posted: 10/17/2015 8:30:20 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:
Toad is a dick..

'hey guys!  you have to double last years haul.'
View Quote

"this is going to be the biggest season ever!"....every. single. season.
Link Posted: 10/17/2015 9:42:44 PM EDT
[#33]
watched the first hour so far

Todd making deals without consulting his crew, I mean he shook hands on the deal and all
Link Posted: 10/17/2015 9:43:05 PM EDT
[#34]
Parker's old crew except for one told him to go pound sand LOL
Link Posted: 10/18/2015 5:02:24 AM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:

I thought was the same truck he had last year? I did not think it was a diesel but could have missed it. Those guys do have nice trucks on that show.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

It's a first year Raptor - 2010.

5.4L (310HP/354TQ) - new 6.2L (411HP/434TQ) has engine badges on the side - 2014 was the last year for the current Raptor.

2016 is supposed to be a twin-turbo V-6 putting out about 500HP.

I've had both a 2010 and 2013 - heck of a difference performance wise between the two.

Parker's gave him self a reward, just not a real big reward.
Link Posted: 10/18/2015 10:11:33 AM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:

If I get time later this year I may start a thread and get some input from heavy equipment guys to put together realistic operating costs. I know a lot based on what my subcontractors charge me but we do mechanical work, sub out anything beyond a backhoe, skidsteer or trencher.

My best friend packs and hauls silage for dairies. I know he says on a semi truck hauling silage you pretty much count on 500 bucks a day in diesel at moderate prices.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I'll be interested in seeing what you find.  I based my numbers solely on what we were told by the 'actors' on the show. In all the comments on the video, I was amazed to see how many people knew the actual running costs of each vehicle by the hour.
Link Posted: 10/18/2015 10:36:29 AM EDT
[#37]
Didn't watch last sean, not going to watch this season. Show went full on retard.

Posted Via AR15.Com Mobile
Link Posted: 10/18/2015 10:49:10 AM EDT
[#38]
Bingo.  So many shows do this.  Drives me up the wall.

Quoted:
if you don't mind a recap at every commercial, like you didn't just see that shit 3 minutes ago.   Theres 20 minutes of show in a hour of bullshit.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
I actually love the show other than gold rush I watch moutain men and hockey. That's about it.  It's the only show on TV you'll find with heavy equipment involved. It's about the only reason I watch it
if you don't mind a recap at every commercial, like you didn't just see that shit 3 minutes ago.   Theres 20 minutes of show in a hour of bullshit.

Link Posted: 10/18/2015 1:12:50 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:
Show needs moar boobs.
View Quote

The only accessories she needs is industrial strength bags to put over her head.  
Link Posted: 10/18/2015 6:16:41 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:

Show needs moar boobs.

View Quote

Parker has a female on his crew now.

Link Posted: 10/18/2015 6:19:01 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:
View Quote

I noticed that too.

I'm guessing it was the video editing people fucking up.
Link Posted: 10/18/2015 6:20:34 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:
How is it already back on? The mining season is probably just coming to an end out there.
View Quote

Uh, it started 4 months ago, so by the time they get to the end of the season production will have caught up
Link Posted: 10/18/2015 8:14:52 PM EDT
[#43]
Just finished watching the first show on DVR

Parker has his virgin land

The supercut turned all to mud but they somehow managed to strip it

Tony's making the dredge safe.

I think all 3 teams will kick ass this season
Link Posted: 10/18/2015 8:24:51 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:

View Quote

I wanna see Tony get the second dredge going.  

As to his first contract with Parker  That was kind of fucked up, but I hope Parker learned a lesson.  

I imagine Tony got wind of Parker wanting to mine with his grandpa again on the side and then changed the deal.  I can see how he'd be a little pissed at Parker and I can see how parker thought he had a deal.

Tony is still a dick.
Link Posted: 10/18/2015 8:25:59 PM EDT
[#45]
Link Posted: 10/18/2015 8:29:16 PM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:
GLORY HOLE!!!
View Quote

That old guy just loves saying Glory Hole to get it on T.V.
Link Posted: 10/18/2015 8:49:20 PM EDT
[#47]
Most reality shows are all the same, just the backdrop changes. Gold, crabs, motorcycles, cars, firearms, whatever.

The only constant is a cast dominated by folks trapped emotionally in 9th grade.

Link Posted: 10/19/2015 11:20:05 AM EDT
[#48]

Quoted:

As to his first contract with Parker  That was kind of fucked up, but I hope Parker learned a lesson.  

I imagine Tony got wind of Parker wanting to mine with his grandpa again on the side and then changed the deal.  I can see how he'd be a little pissed at Parker and I can see how parker thought he had a deal.

Tony is still a dick.
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Tony is still a dick.

I think that was made up drama also. Same with Tony's wife shutting down the dredge until railings  were put on. Tony knows that the mine can/will be inspected by the Gov't so he would get fined heavy if the proper safety gear wasn't there. They just made it look like his wife was lowering the boom on Tony.

Link Posted: 10/19/2015 12:21:57 PM EDT
[#49]
I wonder how long it will be before Gene and Tony butt heads?
I can see Gene wanting to do it the right way, and Tony yelling like a madman to get it done.
This could be interesting.  
Link Posted: 10/19/2015 12:37:04 PM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:
I wonder how long it will be before Gene and Tony butt heads?
I can see Gene wanting to do it the right way, and Tony yelling like a madman to get it done.
This could be interesting.  
View Quote

Parker got the better end of that deal. Hard to say in real life, but they portray Gene as a gold hound ho knows his shit but always wants it done his way or out comes the tantrum. If that's his true personality, him and Tony will have at it more than once. My question is...if Gene is such an expert why does he not have his own operation....
Page / 9
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top