BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 98
Link Posted: 10/3/2015 11:58:19 AM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

Instead of getting angry over the semantics of automatic/semi-automatic, I'd focus on the information that suggests the rifle wasn't actually fired in the course of shooting.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
I just saw on ABCNEWS, Good Morning America, the shooter had an,

AUTOMATIC RIFLE,

they stated it and had the words AUTOMATIC RIFLE, in bold large letters splashed on the TV Screen,

Dear ABC, this is your head, this is your ass, they are not interchangeable and learn some journalism skills before you report stupid shit to the sheeple.

Micro rant done.

Instead of getting angry over the semantics of automatic/semi-automatic, I'd focus on the information that suggests the rifle wasn't actually fired in the course of shooting.

While I agree with you the apparent fact that he didn't use the rifle is most important, in this case the semantics are hugely important as well.  The term "automatic rifle" is specifically being used to scare the uninformed into thinking "machine gun" so they will throw their support behind new legislation further restricting "assault weapons".
Link Posted: 10/3/2015 12:12:21 PM EDT
[#2]
JUST TOPPED $600K FOR THE HERO
Link Posted: 10/3/2015 12:14:07 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
JUST TOPPED $600K FOR THE HERO
View Quote

If he builds a clock maybe 0bama will invite him to the White House.

Posted Via AR15.Com Mobile
Link Posted: 10/3/2015 12:23:23 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

While I agree with you the apparent fact that he didn't use the rifle is most important, in this case the semantics are hugely important as well.  The term "automatic rifle" is specifically being used to scare the uninformed into thinking "machine gun" so they will throw their support behind new legislation further restricting "assault weapons".
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
I just saw on ABCNEWS, Good Morning America, the shooter had an,

AUTOMATIC RIFLE,

they stated it and had the words AUTOMATIC RIFLE, in bold large letters splashed on the TV Screen,

Dear ABC, this is your head, this is your ass, they are not interchangeable and learn some journalism skills before you report stupid shit to the sheeple.

Micro rant done.

And it happens every time there is an incident, like clockwork.
Link Posted: 10/3/2015 12:25:03 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

what do the students do when the shooter walks in with a gas mask on?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
They need to put fire extinguisher size tear gas bottles in each classroom for a last resort defense in case a gun man tries to enter, at least he will have to deal with a powerful stream of tear gas in his face before trying to enter. Make it federal law to have a bottle in every classroom for now.

Smack him in the grape with it.

Link Posted: 10/3/2015 12:39:25 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

They need to put fire extinguisher size tear gas bottles in each classroom for a last resort defense in case a gun man tries to enter, at least he will have to deal with a powerful stream of tear gas in his face before trying to enter. Make it federal law to have a bottle in every classroom for now.

The more deterrents the better. So far none have used a gas mask. The classroom doors should all be locked and the kids should have to use a pass to open the doors. Just make it harder for the gunmen to enter freely.

Hey anything is better then nothing.

Link Posted: 10/3/2015 12:40:45 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:

I don't live there and I have no other information except what I am reading.  How are you connected to the area?  You seem to have considerable insight into the politics on campus.  Did you attend college there?

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

False. UCC does not have the legal authority to create such a policy. Once again, this has been posted several times, and I even posted the legal opinion from the state legislature's council that no school district or community college has the legal authority to stop CCW on their grounds or inside their buildings.

If anyone was expelled for carrying their legally permitted handgun, the school should have been sued for violating their rights.

Hell they didn't even have an armed security guard or two.....What does that say to you? It speaks volumes.

I just posed the previous school president saying 'it was a no gun campus' and that they had no armed security.

That there is a legal loophole of some kind in the State law that someone could sue on is irrelevant to the majority of people who don't want to make waves or get kicked out.

Before this event I bet that if you surveyed the students and staff, that 90% would have said it was a gun free zone.

The shooter probably thought the same.

I am going to guess and say the school was trying to walk a fine line. They knew the state law but PUBLISHED their policy anyway.

They may not have actively enforced it (in order to avoid the law suits you speak of) so it was a don't ask don't tell situation.

The schools STATED policy was no guns. The perception to the majority of people was no guns.

in effect it was a no guns (or 'few guns') situation"

By it's own policy, no guns were allowed - "except as expressly authorized by law".  The CCW permit and the State Legislature made it legal and within school policy.  The prohibition of guns on campus dealt with firearms outside of this exemption, ie:  open carry, not legal to possess firearms, etc.

But by the presidents own admission their intent was to have a gun free zone.  They did a pretty good job of accomplishing that.  Only a few informed people were carrying.  Or maybe they just didn't care.  You can spout all the legalese you want real world, real talk, the people in charge wanted a gun free zone.  Through disinformation they almost had it done.  

I don't live there and I have no other information except what I am reading.  How are you connected to the area?  You seem to have considerable insight into the politics on campus.  Did you attend college there?

Sorry haven't been on since last night. I have no inside knowledge.  I just kept up with the press conferences the first day or so.  What I have stated has been regurgitated from the press conferences.  
Link Posted: 10/3/2015 12:44:33 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

The more deterrents the better. So far none have used a gas mask. The classroom doors should all be locked and the kids should have to use a pass to open the doors. Just make it harder for the gunmen to enter freely.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Link Posted: 10/3/2015 1:07:35 PM EDT
[#9]
I am not up to date on the 92 page thread, but was just reading the Mom stated her son had Aspergers, I AM NOT saying anything bad about people with Aspergers and yes I know some individuals with Aspergers, but there are clearly some mental health issues (duh) behind this shooting that the MSM seems to have (deliberately) missed, extra commas intentional.
Link Posted: 10/3/2015 1:13:33 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

Oregon, like Washington State, are soon going to be inhospitable RKBA gun zones.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
You dudes in Oregon are soon gonna need a GoFundMe just for the legal fight.

Not a bad idea, off to join http://www.ossa.org/ & http://www.oregonfirearms.org/

Hit em both.
Skipped half this thread.  
Off to read the middle and to check my NRA membership.

Oregon, like Washington State, are soon going to be inhospitable RKBA gun zones.

That is a distinct possibility, however it is incumbent upon the gunowning community to support our friends and allies in other States in their time of need.
Link Posted: 10/3/2015 1:15:24 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
I am not up to date on the 92 page thread, but was just reading the Mom stated her son had Aspergers, I AM NOT saying anything bad about people with Aspergers and yes I know some individuals with Aspergers, but there are clearly some mental health issues (duh) behind this shooting that the MSM seems to have (deliberately) missed, extra commas intentional.
View Quote

Scroll back a couple pages & read my comments on autism spectrum disorders being sought by parents and misapplied to individuals with other behavioral problems.

Link Posted: 10/3/2015 1:18:08 PM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:

Me too and that was in Boot Camp in 95-96.
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Gunman joined the US Army in 2008 but was discharged after 5 weeks of basic.

curious what his platoon mates thought of him.

Doubt they even remember him.  I don't recall any of mine from Basic.

I remember the batshit mental health seperatees from mine. 05.

Same here, 1987.  Know his name.
Link Posted: 10/3/2015 1:42:42 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

The Colorado theater shooter/nutjob was wearing gear to make himself look like a SWAT officer.  A gas mask would be simple, compared to buying and wearing all that.

The Virginia Tech shooter/nutjob was a student.  The Oregon high school shooter/nutjob was a student.  The Columbine bombers/shooters/nutjobs were students.  The Arkansas (middle?) school shooters/nutjobs were students...

Having a daughter currently in college and living on campus, I can tell you that all the students are familiar with what doors require a key card to open them, how to enter an alternate way that "is usually not locked during the day", and think nothing of propping doors open so that the group doesn't have to deal with pulling out their cards every time somebody needs to go through a door.
Link Posted: 10/3/2015 1:48:50 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
  curious what his platoon mates thought of him.

Guess during my time there never any crazies taken away
Link Posted: 10/3/2015 1:54:24 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

The Boston bombers were random dudes too, until they were the Boston bombers.  

http://www.nbcnews.com/storyline/boston-bombing-anniversary/russia-warned-u-s-about-tsarnaev-spelling-issue-let-him-n60836

Granted, the warnings normally come from a persons associations and travel.  I don't think this dude was much more than a lonely basement dweller looking to be somebody.  

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
LOL at supposed conservative who hate Obama so much at they'll trust information put out by the guys who invented Obama playbook.

We're fucked.

What are you referring to? I skipped a few pages.

Russkies claiming they knew the shooter was a risk and US wasn't interested in hearing it.

Yeah because the Russian's would just happen to have info on some random dude

Some people will believe anything

The Boston bombers were random dudes too, until they were the Boston bombers.  

http://www.nbcnews.com/storyline/boston-bombing-anniversary/russia-warned-u-s-about-tsarnaev-spelling-issue-let-him-n60836

Granted, the warnings normally come from a persons associations and travel.  I don't think this dude was much more than a lonely basement dweller looking to be somebody.  

That's what I meant by random dude. People going to hot beds of extremism tends to send up a flag. A nobody in there basement fantasizing about killing people remains a nobody until they actually do it. No one can see it coming.
Link Posted: 10/3/2015 2:05:33 PM EDT
[#16]
So we know:
- Nine murdered
- Nine wounded; one of wounded fought back and deflected murderer from room with others who didn't fight back
- One murderer, now dead by suicide (or suicide by cop)
- Murderer was reclusive, unhappy with his life, apparently had preexisting issues with brain functionality, antireligious, from single parent family, still lived with parent, tried military but "administratively seperated" after five weeks
- Murderer left "manifesto" detailing reasons for murders
- Murderer took five handguns and one rifle to location of murders; used handguns, not rifle; seven other firearms found at murderer's residence
- All firearms legally bought through dealer with murderer passing NICS checks
- Murderer taunted victims before shooting them by demanding to know religious affiliation
- Antigun political and media zealots in full dither, calling for everything from universal background checks to repeal of Second Amendment

Cliff Notes version:
Psychopath murders 9, wounds 9, dies as suicide. 60 million lawful gun owners blamed.

That a decent summary?
Link Posted: 10/3/2015 2:06:51 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

Scroll back a couple pages & read my comments on autism spectrum disorders being sought by parents and misapplied to individuals with other behavioral problems.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

My adult stepson falls on the spectrum. We have him working with a therapist and long ago made the decision not to talk about guns around him. I carry concealed in the house and sneak them around him when he is around. Luckily he has never shown much interest in guns outside of video games but it is something I make a point of staying on top of. Intelligence mixed with an inability to connect emotionally can be a dangerous combination. Aspergers doesn't automatically make someone a threat but if they are mistreated, ignored, abused, etc it could easily spiral out of control.
Link Posted: 10/3/2015 2:08:47 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
So we know:
- Nine murdered
- Nine wounded; one of wounded fought back and deflected murderer from room with others who didn't fight back
- Murderer was reclusive, unhappy with his life, apparently had preexisting issues with brain functionality, antireligious, from single parent family, tried military but "administratively seperated" after five weeks
- Murderer took five handguns and one rifle to location of murders; used handguns, not rifle; seven other firearms found at murderer's residence
- Murderer taunted victims before shooting them by demanding to know religious affiliation
- Antigun political and media zealots in full dither, calling for everything from universal background checks to repeal of Second Amendment

Cliff Notes version:
Psychopath murders 9, wounds 9, dies as suicide. 60 million lawful gun owners blamed.

That a decent summary?
View Quote

That's all folks.
Link Posted: 10/3/2015 2:09:02 PM EDT
[#19]

Quoted:
The Colorado theater shooter/nutjob was wearing gear to make himself look like a SWAT officer.  A gas mask would be simple, compared to buying and wearing all that.

The Virginia Tech shooter/nutjob was a student.  The Oregon high school shooter/nutjob was a student.  The Columbine bombers/shooters/nutjobs were students.  The Arkansas (middle?) school shooters/nutjobs were students...

Having a daughter currently in college and living on campus, I can tell you that all the students are familiar with what doors require a key card to open them, how to enter an alternate way that "is usually not locked during the day", and think nothing of propping doors open so that the group doesn't have to deal with pulling out their cards every time somebody needs to go through a door.
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

I design and build access control and video surveillance systems.  There is technology that could be used to make sites safer, but it is expensive.  

Ideally you would have an automated gun shot detection system that is tied into a incident management system.  System automatically alerts operator who then initiates a lockdown.  It will alert the area of where the incident occurred on a map of the facility.   All cards but law enforcement stop working.  If the operator can detect the person doing the shooting they can have the system track that person as they move.

All of this info can be transmitted to security/law enforcement.  You don't stop the event, but you can massively curtail it and make the cops job a lot easier.

Link Posted: 10/3/2015 2:09:17 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

I went through basic in '91 and I don't remember any names.
Link Posted: 10/3/2015 2:10:46 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

That's all folks.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
So we know:
- Nine murdered
- Murderer was reclusive, unhappy with his life, apparently had preexisting issues with brain functionality, antireligious, from single parent family, tried military but "administratively seperated" after five weeks

Cliff Notes version:

That a decent summary?

That's all folks.

Note: Smiley deleted after this person quoted my exsum. Insertion not intentional.
Link Posted: 10/3/2015 2:12:18 PM EDT
[#22]

Quoted:

So we know:

- Nine murdered

- Murderer was reclusive, unhappy with his life, apparently had preexisting issues with brain functionality, antireligious, from single parent family, still lived with parent, tried military but "administratively seperated" after five weeks

Cliff Notes version:

That a decent summary?
View Quote

Chris Mintz, who gofundme is now up to $629,043 of 10K, Raised by 19,173 people in 1 day.  

Link Posted: 10/3/2015 2:13:53 PM EDT
[#23]
Not sure if this was covered but a coincidence (or the reason) that psycho killer picked school that was attended by Paris train hero?
Link Posted: 10/3/2015 2:14:39 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
Legalizing prostitution would reduce mass shootings (and suicide bombers in the ME) more than any gun control.
View Quote

The last shooter was gay male escort.
Link Posted: 10/3/2015 2:19:19 PM EDT
[#25]
http://www.reuters.com/article/2015/10/03/us-usa-shooting-oregon-idUSKCN0RV5EP20151003

The gunman slain by police after he killed his English professor and eight others at an Oregon college was once turned away from a firearms academy by an instructor who recalled finding him "weird" and "a little bit too anxious" for high-level weapons training.
View Quote

He sought to register for training in 2012 or 2013 at Seven 4 Para, a private self-defense and law enforcement training academy in Torrance, but Eloy Way, president and head instructor for the center, said he sent Harper-Mercer away.
View Quote

Link Posted: 10/3/2015 2:24:46 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:

Russkies claiming they knew the shooter was a risk and US wasn't interested in hearing it.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
LOL at supposed conservative who hate Obama so much at they'll trust information put out by the guys who invented Obama playbook.

We're fucked.

What are you referring to? I skipped a few pages.

Quoted:
Quoted:
Yeah... why would the Russians have any clue this guy even existed let alone have him on any sort of list?

Didn't the Russians warn the USA about the Boston Marathon bombers and we refused to act on it?

Yes, which is why they're claiming that they *tried* to notify us on this one. They say the list was refused, so its not provable that they ever even tried to provide it.

People on the left and right are always mad at the government after something like this, so this fosters additional anti government sentiment among both political parties.

Plus it will get tweeted, re-tweeted, blogged about and covered in Huffo and Drudge - ensuring that its filed into peoples brains as fact and cached on the internet as reality.
Link Posted: 10/3/2015 2:35:11 PM EDT
[#27]
Link Posted: 10/3/2015 2:41:24 PM EDT
[#28]

Yep, and linky no bueno.
Link Posted: 10/3/2015 2:49:22 PM EDT
[#29]

Quoted:

http://www.reuters.com/article/2015/10/03/us-usa-shooting-oregon-idUSKCN0RV5EP20151003

The gunman slain by police after he killed his English professor and eight others at an Oregon college was once turned away from a firearms academy by an instructor who recalled finding him "weird" and "a little bit too anxious" for high-level weapons training.

He sought to register for training in 2012 or 2013 at Seven 4 Para, a private self-defense and law enforcement training academy in Torrance, but Eloy Way, president and head instructor for the center, said he sent Harper-Mercer away.

Huh, that is the first I have heard that he was a student there.   Sounds like the guy was a lifelong foxtrot uniform.  

Link Posted: 10/3/2015 2:55:20 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:

Huh, that is the first I have heard that he was a student there.   Sounds like the guy was a lifelong foxtrot uniform.  

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I don't think he was a student since they turned him away.
Link Posted: 10/3/2015 3:15:58 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:

There was a private range that said the Colorado theater shooter applied for membership, but they thought he was a bit strange.
Link Posted: 10/3/2015 3:19:15 PM EDT
[#32]

Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

I guess technically he is no longer enrolled in college.  However, they will still try to collect the tuition, just watch.

Link Posted: 10/3/2015 3:19:35 PM EDT
[#33]
Sheriff Hanlin just announced the shooter's cause of death was suicide.
Link Posted: 10/3/2015 3:19:41 PM EDT
[#34]
From Sheriff Hanlin: Cause of death of shooter, per Medical Examiner, was suicide.

Link Posted: 10/3/2015 3:25:33 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:

I guess technically he is no longer enrolled in college.  However, they will still try to collect the tuition, just watch.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

...and I just realized you were talking about his enrollment in the UCC, not the training....
Link Posted: 10/3/2015 4:22:55 PM EDT
[#36]
Link Posted: 10/3/2015 4:35:44 PM EDT
[#37]
Are they classifying this as a hate crime? Black guy kills 9 white people and no mention of race motive involved?
Link Posted: 10/3/2015 4:36:21 PM EDT
[#38]

View All Quotes

Harper-Mercer reportedly had a Myspace page with only two contacts on
it. One of them was Mahmoud Ali Ehsani, a devout Muslim who boasts many
violent terrorist images on his page.

This basically confirms that the shooting was a Muslim hate crime
against Christians
. Survivors have said that the shooter barged into
classrooms and asked individual students if they were Christians.

Little bit of a leap.  I suspect he would have been more likely to shout snackbars.  

I HAD a Muslim friend on facebook.  She finally deleted me.  

Link Posted: 10/3/2015 5:14:52 PM EDT
[#39]
have they announced the weapons used yet?
Link Posted: 10/3/2015 5:15:19 PM EDT
[#40]

Quoted:
Ruh-Roh...

And damn if someone didn't call it last night right after his first rant, said this guy was mentally unstable himself, among other things. I took it as a joke or a simple jab, looks more and more like they were on the right track.

And Mikhail86, looks like you might wanna get ready to carve another notch in your six-gun.

ETA: Might as well make that two, the other being Beowulf-X. Never understood why he didn't make your "kill-list", you were instrumental in his demise lol.

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

I can't take it anymore, I have to speak up.

You motherfuckers make me physically ill. <snip>

Admins, you need to vet, you need to do your FUCKING job, you need to do something. You're embarrassing the entire firearms community by letting this fucking bullshit persist.

Says the guy who re-registered 4 times after being locked for a nasty anti-semitic rant.

Ruh-Roh...

And damn if someone didn't call it last night right after his first rant, said this guy was mentally unstable himself, among other things. I took it as a joke or a simple jab, looks more and more like they were on the right track.

And Mikhail86, looks like you might wanna get ready to carve another notch in your six-gun.

ETA: Might as well make that two, the other being Beowulf-X. Never understood why he didn't make your "kill-list", you were instrumental in his demise lol.

I don't think he is banned, he took his ball and went home
Link Posted: 10/3/2015 5:23:03 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:
From Sheriff Hanlin: Cause of death of shooter, per Medical Examiner, was suicide.

View Quote

So how did that happen? Cops shot him, he doesnt die, but then puts the last one in his brain?

Im suprised police actually entered the building without waiting 5 minutes after the shooting stopped.
Link Posted: 10/3/2015 5:25:08 PM EDT
[#42]
I am becoming convinced this wasn't a mass killing or school shooting.  This was probably the first American Breslan.
Link Posted: 10/3/2015 5:30:12 PM EDT
[#43]

Putin and the Russians have been dealing with radical Muslims for a long time in Chechnya.  I'm sure they have an extensive terrorist watch list.

Besides,  the EU Times article points to the discussion early in this thread about the shooters profiles being updated after he was dead.
Link Posted: 10/3/2015 5:30:56 PM EDT
[#44]
I'm willing to bet any one who ever sat down and had a conversation with this knew he was nuts.
Link Posted: 10/3/2015 5:35:43 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:
I am becoming convinced this wasn't a mass killing or school shooting.  This was probably the first American Breslan.
View Quote

Pretty sure you meant Beslan, as in the site of the school massacre in Russia. I'm not convinced that is what happened in OR yet but haven't ruled it out either.
Link Posted: 10/3/2015 5:36:25 PM EDT
[#46]
So is the targeting/executing Christians thing 100% confirmed? I'm playing catch up a little here and missed the links. There was this liberal guy at my work today insisting that was false information and it was pissing me off.
Link Posted: 10/3/2015 5:37:28 PM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:
View Quote

With one murderer?
Link Posted: 10/3/2015 5:40:29 PM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:

With one murderer?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

With one murderer?

Someone who went sudden jihadi syndrome and decided to take down a school?  Sounds like Beslan to me.
Link Posted: 10/3/2015 5:45:05 PM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:
Are they classifying this as a hate crime? Black guy kills 9 white people and no mention of race motive involved?
View Quote

I hope that nasty bump on your head heals up. That was a bad fall you took there.
It has clearly affected up your thinking.

Nothing to see here, move right along. He was a White guy.
Look at what CNN did to his picture. Lightened it up. Changed profile of his nose and lips.
Just like those early pictures of the WHITE Hispanic in Florida, that shot that poor Travon.

Link to one of the mods favorite site. But worth reading.
Found it on another website.

http://theconservativetreehouse.com/2015/10/02/the-curious-case-of-oregon-shooter-chris-harper-mercer-a-social-media-profile-shaped-modified-and-deleted/
Link Posted: 10/3/2015 5:45:34 PM EDT
[#50]
View Quote

His online alias was ironcross45, ordered ISIS flags through the site ioffer.

This is why the media has shut down this story, fucker was Muslim.
Page / 98
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top