Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By guns762:

That had to be pretty cool.  
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes

Originally Posted By Dog1:

Man...I wish I had you as a teacher when I was in art class. The coolest thing I did was a poster board Imperial Walker stop motion project.

So... next year's project is a scale model of an AT-AT, with little snow speeders buzzing around?  

Link Posted: 8/28/2015 9:15:59 AM EDT
[#3]
Originally Posted By Ashraam:

So... next year's project is a scale model of an AT-AT, with little snow speeders buzzing around?  

View All Quotes
Man...I wish I had you as a teacher when I was in art class. The coolest thing I did was a poster board Imperial Walker stop motion project.

Good way to get the Robotics crew involved.
Link Posted: 8/28/2015 9:18:25 AM EDT
[#4]
Tag
Link Posted: 8/28/2015 9:28:30 AM EDT
[Last Edit: guns762] [#5]

View All Quotes

It was one of the ideas that was floated by students last year.   We will see.   It would fit well in a few areas around the taxidermy that have some more compact spaces.  
Link Posted: 8/28/2015 9:30:59 AM EDT
[Last Edit: guns762] [#6]
Originally Posted By dmnoid77:

View All Quotes

We are probably losing our robotics teacher after this year.   She's a retired(very fucking early) Microsoft president.   Both her and her husband were presidents there.    She is teaching for fun, but has other interests that are coming up now, and her daughter graduated two years ago.   My son is taking 3 classes from her this year trying to learn all he can before she goes.  

It will be difficult to fill her shoes.  

Any ARFOMMER code monkeys wanna come teach robotics in BFE WY?  
Link Posted: 8/28/2015 9:33:00 AM EDT
[#7]
I'm in....
What a cool teacher, your projects are really enjoyable to watch.
Bitch slap that janitor for me...
Link Posted: 8/28/2015 9:34:48 AM EDT
[#8]
Originally Posted By OrARGB:
I'm in....
What a cool teacher, your projects are really enjoyable to watch.
Bitch slap that janitor for me...
View Quote

His attitude has been pretty damn good so far this year.....   Hopefully, it will last.  
Link Posted: 8/28/2015 9:35:44 AM EDT
[#9]
It was one of the ideas that was floated by students last year.   We will see.   It would fit well in a few areas around the taxidermy that have some more compact spaces.  
View Quote

Ewoks as a taxidermy project?
Link Posted: 8/28/2015 9:39:06 AM EDT
[#10]

View All Quotes

The G&F is killing enough grizzlies this year in and around Yellowstone, that we could probably make quite a few.

-Don't get me wrong, about grizz.   I'd love to see them hunted in a good management program, but I hate to see them destroyed by the .gov and wasted.  Disgusting.
Link Posted: 8/28/2015 9:46:12 AM EDT
[#11]

They're going to need to build you an art wing for the school just for your projects.
Link Posted: 8/28/2015 9:48:38 AM EDT
[#12]
Link Posted: 8/28/2015 10:21:26 AM EDT
[#13]
OST  
Link Posted: 8/28/2015 10:25:23 AM EDT
[#14]
Great project!

I saw this art, years ago in a museum...

Tiny handmade models of our entire sub fleet hanging from the ceiling.

Personally, I'd rather have what you're making.  It looks like it's going to be awesome.
Link Posted: 8/28/2015 10:30:39 AM EDT
[#15]
You are the only poster I automatically subscribe to when you post a certain topic.  These threads are always awesome.
Link Posted: 8/28/2015 10:36:29 AM EDT
[#16]
You need to have the lights above the sub color coordinated.  Have the a nice deep blue.  Then have the av club setup for the lights to randomly change to orange/others to simulate an above water battle complete with sounds.

Posted Via AR15.Com Mobile
Link Posted: 8/28/2015 10:44:49 AM EDT
[#17]
Epic! So pissed we didn't do these crazy projects when I was in your class!
Link Posted: 8/28/2015 10:45:03 AM EDT
[#18]
Originally Posted By metalsaber:
You need to have the lights above the sub color coordinated.  Have the a nice deep blue.  Then have the av club setup for the lights to randomly change to orange/others to simulate an above water battle complete with sounds.

View Quote

That is a pretty cool idea.    Not sure I can get that done, but I'll look into it.    Anytime we start talking about hardwired stuff, my life gets complicated with admin, but "Display lighting" might get passed and approved.  
Link Posted: 8/28/2015 10:47:18 AM EDT
[#19]
Originally Posted By Sparks556:
Epic! So pissed we didn't do these crazy projects when I was in your class!
View Quote

I wish we did too.   We didn't have the building for it.  

This new building has a huge amount of space that isn't used very efficiently, but damn, I love it.   It's awesome for projects like this.   I'm sure they never envisioned this type of use for the space, but admin seems to love it.
Link Posted: 8/28/2015 10:54:34 AM EDT
[#20]
Link Posted: 8/28/2015 11:46:57 AM EDT
[#21]
Originally Posted By Sparks556:  Epic! So pissed we didn't do these crazy projects when I was in your class!
View Quote

We are truly honored to have 87% of the population of Wyoming posting in this thread.  
Link Posted: 8/28/2015 11:55:14 AM EDT
[#22]
We made stupid step ladders in my shop class. They where a shit design that would fall over if you stood on the top step. I'm glad you actually care about teaching creative skills.
Link Posted: 8/28/2015 12:49:40 PM EDT
[#23]
Originally Posted By jtstalker:
We made stupid step ladders in my shop class. They where a shit design that would fall over if you stood on the top step. I'm glad you actually care about teaching creative skills.
View Quote

The joke is, we(Art class) make more saw dust than the wood shop.
Link Posted: 8/28/2015 1:03:06 PM EDT
[#24]

That is a pretty cool idea.    Not sure I can get that done, but I'll look into it.    Anytime we start talking about hardwired stuff, my life gets complicated with admin, but "Display lighting" might get passed and approved.  
View All Quotes

I do this for a living. Well I build the hardware that controls this type of thing and animatronics for theme park attractions and movies. If your robotics folk and you want info, I would be more than willing to add any input I can. Heck, moving out of CA to be a robotics teacher in WY even sounds tempting. I will scrounge around the office and see what old spare stuff I can dig up.
Link Posted: 8/28/2015 2:32:09 PM EDT
[Last Edit: LoneWolf_05] [#25]
as others have said, i love these threads!
Link Posted: 8/28/2015 2:39:48 PM EDT
[#26]
IN ON 6!!!!
Link Posted: 8/28/2015 2:46:04 PM EDT
[#27]
Next year make either a Sherman or Tiger tank. Get the motorheads involved.
Link Posted: 8/28/2015 2:47:39 PM EDT
[#28]

Originally Posted By backbencher:
We are truly honored to have 87% of the population of Wyoming posting in this thread.  
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By backbencher:

Originally Posted By Sparks556:  Epic! So pissed we didn't do these crazy projects when I was in your class!

Watch yourself?

It's more like 60% of the members in the town posting.
Link Posted: 8/28/2015 3:39:35 PM EDT
[#29]
Where are you in Wyoming?  I've lived in Baggs, Big Piney and I'm a proud UW alumni.

Great projects by the way
Link Posted: 8/28/2015 4:26:11 PM EDT
[Last Edit: stoner63a] [#30]
The Seehund scaled would have been better.

Link Posted: 8/28/2015 4:34:20 PM EDT
[#31]
OST
Link Posted: 8/28/2015 5:06:22 PM EDT
[#32]
Originally Posted By andersw:

I do this for a living. Well I build the hardware that controls this type of thing and animatronics for theme park attractions and movies. If your robotics folk and you want info, I would be more than willing to add any input I can. Heck, moving out of CA to be a robotics teacher in WY even sounds tempting. I will scrounge around the office and see what old spare stuff I can dig up.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By andersw:

As we get closer to the end, I'm sure we could use all the help we can get.  I'm going to run this idea by administration and see if I can get it approved.  

The kids love the idea.
Link Posted: 8/28/2015 5:38:24 PM EDT
[#33]
Will anything work on it? Will the periscope or other masts raise/lower, screws turn or anything?
Link Posted: 8/28/2015 7:11:12 PM EDT
[#34]
Originally Posted By Pogo55:
Will anything work on it? Will the periscope or other masts raise/lower, screws turn or anything?
View Quote

The plan is for at least the screws to turn, but that depends on the robotics dept.    I've been disappointed often by promised help from other teachers.  Hopefully this time it comes through.
Link Posted: 8/28/2015 9:12:57 PM EDT
[#35]
Originally Posted By Cincinnatus:
Great project!

http://3.bp.blogspot.com/-WwOH-BE9C-U/UnaJ23NVOQI/AAAAAAAAE98/1B8xJaoVgjk/s1600/BurdenAllTheSubmarines1987.jpg

Personally, I'd rather have what you're making.  It looks like it's going to be awesome.
View Quote

That is a really cool display.  I'll show that off to my students.
Link Posted: 8/28/2015 9:18:53 PM EDT
[#36]
Originally Posted By Cincinnatus:
Great project!

http://3.bp.blogspot.com/-WwOH-BE9C-U/UnaJ23NVOQI/AAAAAAAAE98/1B8xJaoVgjk/s1600/BurdenAllTheSubmarines1987.jpg

View Quote

I saw something similar once, but it was schools of fish.

Actually was Bass Lures between to panes of glass so they looked like a school of fish swimming.

One of the Japanese companies at the expo at the Bassmaster Classic.
Link Posted: 8/28/2015 9:19:00 PM EDT
[Last Edit: guns762] [#37]
Ok, Update 8/28

Kids knocked out darn near all of the stencils, with just a couple needing the centers cut out still.

We got a few traced onto the plywood and ready to cut on monday.  We made the channels in the ribs, 2 full inches instead of 1.5, as we decided that we wanted a little play in the ribs so we could adjust them to the right position.  As a perfectionist, I hate not making them exactly perfect for the 2×4, but I also know that there is no way they will end up lining up perfectly if we limit our selves like that.  This way gives us a little play to get them right.  We already discussed how to anchor them once set correctly.  

It's really fun to talk through problems like this with them and let them have their input and have them help figure out our direction and problem solving.

Link Posted: 8/28/2015 9:44:24 PM EDT
[#38]
Link Posted: 8/28/2015 9:52:03 PM EDT
[#39]
I look forward to these threads every year
Link Posted: 8/28/2015 9:54:37 PM EDT
[#40]

I'd like to have this....R/V Needlefish on display in Port Aransas
Link Posted: 8/28/2015 9:58:20 PM EDT
[#41]
Teachers like you not only educate, you also build children's character and souls.
You are a rare breed.

Subscribed
Link Posted: 8/28/2015 10:08:05 PM EDT
[#42]
Tag
Link Posted: 8/28/2015 10:11:25 PM EDT
[#43]
He actually was the cause of my gun addiction....grew up in martial arts, always was a blade man... Guns762 asked me to come try his ar..... Now 14 years after that first trigger I blame him for the thousands and thousands of dollars of pure happiness he introduced me to... Changed my life forever and became my best buddy... Amazing teacher....is a understatement....I know of quite a few kids he literally changed their lives.... Good dude...ok enough of the mushy stuff from me... Guns we need a mini torpedo hanging in the air with the tail of a second sub coming outta the wall...just saying...maybe some fake bubbles some how... Epic
Link Posted: 8/28/2015 10:16:58 PM EDT
[#44]
Cutaway in any locations?

If not, will it submerge?

Is it at least large enough for the smallest kid in the class to drive and raid some shipping lanes?

link(s) to prior threads?
Link Posted: 8/28/2015 10:17:42 PM EDT
[#45]
Originally Posted By Sparks556:
He actually was the cause of my gun addiction....grew up in martial arts, always was a blade man... Guns762 asked me to come try his ar..... Now 14 years after that first trigger I blame him for the thousands and thousands of dollars of pure happiness he introduced me to... Changed my life forever and became my best buddy... Amazing teacher....is a understatement....I know of quite a few kids he literally changed their lives.... Good dude...ok enough of the mushy stuff from me... Guns we need a mini torpedo hanging in the air with the tail of a second sub coming outta the wall...just saying...maybe some fake bubbles some how... Epic
View Quote

tens of thousands......  
Link Posted: 8/28/2015 10:19:23 PM EDT
[#46]
Originally Posted By danpass:
Cutaway in any locations?

If not, will it submerge?

Is it at least large enough for the smallest kid in the class to drive and raid some shipping lanes?

View Quote

No cutaways, just too difficult.  I'll be ecstatic if we can just pull off the shell hanging from the ceiling.
Link Posted: 8/28/2015 10:40:52 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Buzz69] [#47]
View Quote

Viking Ship

Grizzly

Mural

Mountain Lion

Stagecoach

Sopwith Camel

Wolf

Link Posted: 8/28/2015 10:52:13 PM EDT
[#48]
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By Buzz69:

Viking Ship

Grizzly

Mural

Mountain Lion

Stagecoach

Sopwith Camel

Wolf

Thank you Sir, I appreciate you finding all of those for folks.  
Link Posted: 8/28/2015 10:55:21 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Buzz69] [#49]
Thank you Sir, I appreciate you finding all of those for folks.  
View Quote

The Sopwith was before my time, I wanted to read through it.
Link Posted: 8/28/2015 11:18:30 PM EDT
[#50]
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By Buzz69:

Viking Ship

Grizzly

Mural

Mountain Lion

Stagecoach

Sopwith Camel

Wolf

A few dupes. A few more.

Originally Posted By CLICKBANGBANG:
http://www.ar15.com/forums/t_1_5/1688306_Taxidermy_Thread__Moose_edition__UPDATE_Finished__displayed_2_13_pg6.html

http://www.ar15.com/forums/t_1_5/1541151_A_Wolf_you_say__A_big__black__grayfaced_wolf__For_a_taxidermy_project__UPDATE_FINISHED4_7pg13.html

http://www.ar15.com/forums/t_1_5/1586003_The_NEXT_project___Taxidermy_thread___Dall_Sheep_edition_Update_4_23_pg2_It_s_Finished_.html

http://www.ar15.com/forums/t_1_5/1444182_Taxidermy_Thread_Grizz_addition_it_s_all_done____Displayed_on_the_wall_pg_4.html

http://www.ar15.com/forums/t_1_5/1367479__ARCHIVED_THREAD____Taxidermy_Thread____Grizzley_edition__.html&page=1

http://www.ar15.com/forums/t_1_5/1295594_Taxidermy_Thread___Wyoming_Big_Horn_Sheep____Last_Update____IT_S_DONE__PICTURES_PG3__displayed_pg4_.html

http://www.ar15.com/forums/t_1_5/1241296_Taxidermy_Thread____Pronghorn_Antelope____picture_heavy__UPDATE___ALL_DONE_____.html

http://www.ar15.com/forums/t_1_5/1168835_H_S__Student_Taxidermy_work____pictures__UPDATE_New_stuff_4_20.html

http://www.ar15.com/forums/t_1_5/1143705_update_It_s_done___Taxidermy_thread__White_tail_deer__UPDATE__2_25_bottom_of__PG3_.html

Page / 74
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top