Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Link Posted: 8/2/2015 12:51:31 PM EDT
[#1]

Chance said he wished the residents would have come to him with concerns first.

"This video was never sent to me, It was just thrown on social media
and then I started getting phone calls,” said Chance. "My door is always
open. I will sit and talk to ya.”
View Quote

Link Posted: 8/2/2015 12:53:47 PM EDT
[#2]
It's a brave new world. Behave yourselves officers and you pick up that can.
Link Posted: 8/2/2015 12:56:00 PM EDT
[#3]
If he is out of his jurisdiction (as he mentioned), what could he have done to the guy with the camera?
Link Posted: 8/2/2015 1:03:07 PM EDT
[#4]
He should be starting unemployment next week.  Hopefully the sherriff gets enough flak to fire him.   Fuck that guy he is the epitome of what is wrong with law enforcement in this country.

Only 6 months as a deputy?  He learns fast.
Link Posted: 8/2/2015 1:09:47 PM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 8/2/2015 1:14:23 PM EDT
[#6]
lol. Screen name of that brave sheepdog?
Link Posted: 8/2/2015 1:15:53 PM EDT
[#7]

Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

He should be starting unemployment next week.  Hopefully the sherriff gets enough flak to fire him.   Fuck that guy he is the epitome of what is wrong with law enforcement in this country.

View Quote

And apparently he used to be a 'teacher.'  

Link Posted: 8/2/2015 1:17:08 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
View Quote

Reminds me of some of the ex mil guys we got right before I left. 6 months out of the academy and numerous substantiated discourtesy and IA excessive force complaints.
Link Posted: 8/2/2015 1:20:16 PM EDT
[#9]
I sure hope he gets unemployed soon.......
Link Posted: 8/2/2015 1:22:40 PM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:

If he is out of his jurisdiction (as he mentioned), what could he have done to the guy with the camera?
View Quote

Anything he fucking wanted to.  Which is why the peasant used his brain and walked away.  

That cop needs a different job, he's going to snap one day and kill someone who didn't need killing.  

I've met a few of those, take away the badge and the gun and they're just another loudmouth bully who'll probably back down when confronted by another male (then go home and beat their wife or kids), with the badge and the gun they're scary motherfuckers.
Link Posted: 8/2/2015 1:23:49 PM EDT
[#11]
Not surprising.  Guys like this used to piss me off.  Now they're just normal.  Sad.
Link Posted: 8/2/2015 1:25:53 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
View Quote

Nothing. You can't do anything to people filming you INSIDE your jurisdiction.

Someone is filming every traffic stop, consensual encounter, walk into the Stop n' Rob to top off your coffee, etc.

Anytime someone sees an officer in uniform, they start recording. You have to learn to live with that fact that you're always on camera.

This guy hasn't grasped that concept yet.
Link Posted: 8/2/2015 1:29:38 PM EDT
[#13]
Sprinkling an F bomb into every other word of your conversation usually doesn't go over well outside of the inner cities where they expect that kind of communication.

On a lighter note about the incident:

“I was kinda blowing up on him, you know, and using profound language and stuff like that,” said Derek Vandolah, who lives at the residence where the situation unfolded."

I have to wonder how profound the language really was.
Maybe it was on the level of, oh, I dunno, profound like the Ten Commandments or a Martin Luther King or Abe Lincoln speech level of profoundness?
Link Posted: 8/2/2015 1:29:44 PM EDT
[#14]
I guess God and rednecks only know the intricacies of mediating redneck disputes and the amount of patience it takes to successfully do so.

But the dude just asked a question non-confrontationally ("just curious"), it looked like the other party in the dispute left already, and this contact was well on its way to being over.  Guess the deputy ran out of patience. It happens, but it's not an excuse for this behavior.
Link Posted: 8/2/2015 1:30:29 PM EDT
[#15]
didnt see nothing wrong.  try to dictate the tone to the man and see where it gets you. Big effing deal he talked mean to him.
Link Posted: 8/2/2015 1:32:32 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
View Quote

In a way, that would have been a better outcome than walking away. I'm sure his department's attorney would have been amused by the part when he tells the people he can't arrest the thief because it's not his jurisdiction, then arrests the guy for asking why he can't arrest the thief.
Link Posted: 8/2/2015 1:33:19 PM EDT
[#17]
lol!  Sheriff's office, rightly or wrongly suffers a public relations black eye and has a chance to for some degree of redemption on TV.  As the Sheriff, I'll leave my suit and my class A on their hangers.  I'll show up to the interview in a polo and blue jeans.  Comb my hair and shave my face?  Fuck that shit.  Hey deputy, those cargo shorts and sports polo or good to go for the interview.  Fucking dick sponges.
Link Posted: 8/2/2015 1:33:29 PM EDT
[#18]
That asshole should be fired post haste.  

He does not have the demeanor required for the job..

Link Posted: 8/2/2015 1:35:13 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

Reminds me of some of the ex mil guys we got right before I left. 6 months out of the academy and numerous substantiated discourtesy and IA excessive force complaints.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

And they get extra exam points in some places.
Link Posted: 8/2/2015 1:35:41 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
didnt see nothing wrong.  try to dictate the tone to the man and see where it gets you. Big effing deal he talked mean to him.
View Quote

Yeah, actually it is a big fucking deal.  This is not how a representative of the state talks to a citizen in a country that respects your liberty.

Link Posted: 8/2/2015 1:36:24 PM EDT
[#21]
He's not sorry he said those things, he's feigning remorse since he got caught, because he knows he's socially expected to and it will negatively impact him if he doesn't.

Pretty textbook sociopath behavior.

Link Posted: 8/2/2015 1:36:44 PM EDT
[#22]
He sounds remarkably like this guy!
Link Posted: 8/2/2015 1:37:08 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Some animals etc. etc....
Link Posted: 8/2/2015 1:47:22 PM EDT
[#24]
Link Posted: 8/2/2015 1:48:04 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

well I think we can figure out why THAT job wasn't a good fit, if he can't deal with the public then those kids ate him alive.
Link Posted: 8/2/2015 1:51:03 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
You guys need to break ex mil down into two category's and this can apply to any branch, kind of. In the army its noncombat arms (not infantry) and combat arms (infantry). You'll probably find that noncombat arms are the  guys that are your problems. Not always, usually. lol
View Quote

I found it best to avoid getting to know brand new guys who were already being investigated by IA.
Link Posted: 8/2/2015 1:57:28 PM EDT
[#27]
Progressive discipline says that if he has nothing in his file he should catch a couple of days at the beach

You don't get fired for one improper demeanor complaint.

Posted Via AR15.Com Mobile
Link Posted: 8/2/2015 2:00:48 PM EDT
[#28]

Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:

"This video was never sent to me, It was just thrown on social media and then I started getting phone calls,” said Chance. "My door is always open. I will sit and talk to ya.”

Link Posted: 8/2/2015 2:11:24 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:
Progressive discipline says that if he has nothing in his file he should catch a couple of days at the beach

You don't get fired for one improper demeanor complaint.

Posted Via AR15.Com Mobile
View Quote

I don't know how it works in Wichita, but in my area a Sheriff's Deputy can pretty much be fired at the discretion of the Sheriff.

Link Posted: 8/2/2015 2:13:56 PM EDT
[#30]
Link Posted: 8/2/2015 2:24:31 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:

Someone is filming every traffic stop, consensual encounter, walk into the Stop n' Rob to top off your coffee, etc.

Anytime someone sees an officer in uniform, they start recording. You have to learn to live with that fact that you're always on camera.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Wish people who complain about cops filming inside their house got that.
Link Posted: 8/2/2015 2:25:29 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:

You guys need to break ex mil down into two category's and this can apply to any branch, kind of. In the army its noncombat arms (not infantry) and combat arms (infantry). You'll probably find that noncombat arms are the  guys that are your problems. Not always, usually. lol
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Some animals etc. etc....

All the ones that I knew that got jammed up were MPs or infantry.
Link Posted: 8/2/2015 2:26:33 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:
Nypd used to have recruiting billboards up around fort drum  
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

My dept has a special program just for MP's and AF Security Forces.

'tarded.
Link Posted: 8/2/2015 2:27:30 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:
View Quote

You can't possibly be serious
Link Posted: 8/2/2015 2:30:24 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

They send recruiters to bases all over the country.
Link Posted: 8/2/2015 2:40:02 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:

Yeah, actually it is a big fucking deal.  This is not how a representative of the state talks to a citizen in a country that respects your liberty.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Respect goes both ways Dan. If he didn't start with the attitude I bet he wouldn't have got the ass chewing. You just can't go all timid and let folks role over you on the street. His department probably has a policy against cursing so he will probably get disciplined for it.  Getting fired for that would be crazy.
Link Posted: 8/2/2015 2:44:21 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

"This video was never sent to me, It was just thrown on social media and then I started getting phone calls,” said Chance. "My door is always open. I will sit and talk to ya.”

What planet does that dude live on?
Link Posted: 8/2/2015 2:58:40 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

"This video was never sent to me, so I could 'lose' it."
Link Posted: 8/2/2015 3:05:29 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:

Respect goes both ways Dan. If he didn't start with the attitude I bet he wouldn't have got the ass chewing. You just can't go all timid and let folks role over you on the street. His department probably has a policy against cursing so he will probably get disciplined for it.  Getting fired for that would be crazy.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

I watched the entire video.  Did you?

The guy filming the situation did not give the deputy "attitude".  He simply asked why the women who apparently had admitted to taking something was being allowed to leave and got back "why the fuck am I talking with you?".

The officer behaved unprofessionally.  He clearly has some anger issues.  A person like that should not be handed a gun and a badge and the authority of the state.

Link Posted: 8/2/2015 3:11:03 PM EDT
[#40]
Link Posted: 8/2/2015 3:12:49 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r1GrdTakvl8
View Quote

I'd buy that man a beer anytime!  He speaks the truth and let's them know just how cowardly they are to have Americans do their job for them.
Link Posted: 8/2/2015 3:14:28 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

And arrest the complainant in a disorderly conduct charge including a pretty stout beatdown.

Fixt
Link Posted: 8/2/2015 3:24:04 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:
View Quote

That's a very profound statement since only about a quarter of the Army is combat arms.  
Link Posted: 8/2/2015 3:25:44 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:
I suspect a Walmart greeter would get fired for taking an attitude like that with a customer and anyone can stop spending money at Walmart whenever they want.
View Quote

Link Posted: 8/2/2015 3:32:02 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Isn't "attitude" protected under the Constitution?
Link Posted: 8/2/2015 3:32:21 PM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r1GrdTakvl8
View Quote

I dunno, I feel motivated.
Link Posted: 8/2/2015 3:36:59 PM EDT
[#47]
Hey everyone, welcome to Kansas.
Link Posted: 8/2/2015 3:45:51 PM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

It takes awhile to get back to talking like a normal person after you get out of the military.
Link Posted: 8/2/2015 4:22:18 PM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:
I suspect a Walmart greeter would get fired for taking an attitude like that with a customer and anyone can stop spending money at Walmart whenever they want.
View Quote

Link Posted: 8/2/2015 7:59:22 PM EDT
[#50]

Quoted:

Hey everyone, welcome to Kansas.
View Quote

Canada has its fair share of the "RESPEKT MUH AUTHOHRITIZ" type as well.  

Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Top Top