Quoted:

Won't go anywhere.

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Quoted:
1. Teens are lying little fucks,
2. Deadly force is still an inappropriate response to teens fleeing your property after a cursory casing
3. Lawyer's wet dream - guarantee his department gets named in the civil suit

Won't go anywhere.

I don't know about that. If the trooper claims that he was acting in his capacity as a LEO I think it would go to a jury.
Link Posted: 7/30/2015 8:09:09 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
How much do NJ Troopers make? That's...a way nicer house than I would have imagined.
View Quote

FPNI

Same here, in NJ?  Does he transport drugs for the mafia in his cruiser or something?
Link Posted: 7/30/2015 8:12:52 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:

FPNI

Same here, in NJ?  Does he transport drugs for the mafia in his cruiser or something?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
How much do NJ Troopers make? That's...a way nicer house than I would have imagined.

FPNI

Maybe he lives in mom's basement.
Link Posted: 7/30/2015 10:51:21 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

Off Duty cop shoots at three unarmed kids who only knocked on his door...  Yea, I'm not buying he didn't call thinking no one would ever know

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

So they kid who were up to no good call the cops, but the cop - after firing shots - doesn't?

Yeah, that totally looks great for the cop, and supports the idea of arresting the teens and not the cop who opened fire at them in a residential neighborhood.

You're catching on.... None of this makes any sense based on what the teens are saying, and surely the media wouldn't selectively release information to juice up a story.....

How many criminals - even stupid ones - do you know who call the police even when things go south on them?

Off Duty cop shoots at three unarmed kids who only knocked on his door...  Yea, I'm not buying he didn't call thinking no one would ever know

Yeah, that wouldn't seem very rational, not making a call.  

OTOH, going out at 2 a.m., Sunday, and firing your pistol at a car passing your house, which is situated on a cul-de-sac, that's perfectly rational and reasonable.  

Link Posted: 7/30/2015 10:58:10 PM EDT
[#5]
I don't believe a single word in that article.
Link Posted: 7/31/2015 12:19:06 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

It should be easy enough to verify their story.

But wrong house or not,  that justifies shooting at a fleeing suspect how?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
I can't believe the people in here who believe the kids were actually at the wrong house.

Fickle group I say! Carry on.

ETA by kids, I mean adults

It should be easy enough to verify their story.

But wrong house or not,  that justifies shooting at a fleeing suspect how?

Only if you carry mastershield.

Mastershield, don't leave home without it.

Txl
Link Posted: 7/31/2015 12:34:32 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

Oh my lord! A social media post that was made to make him sound like a badass

"Gang signs"? Really? One dude with the shaka sign, one dude throwing double devil horns, and one dude giving the finger. Which of these are we considering "gang signs"?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
they usually pull a lot of OT.

the tweet on hitting a narc in the face with a brick is not going to go well, nor is the picture of him and his punk buddies throwing gang signs. for all we know it was a targeted attack

Oh my lord! A social media post that was made to make him sound like a badass

"Gang signs"? Really? One dude with the shaka sign, one dude throwing double devil horns, and one dude giving the finger. Which of these are we considering "gang signs"?

If it suits tbl, the hook 'm horns sign will be considered a gang sign.

Txl
Link Posted: 7/31/2015 12:49:53 AM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

kid is a punk

Remind us again who was running down a street at 2AM tossing shots and who knocked on a door again, officer.

According to the kids, they only knocked on the door.  
If they were dropping people off, at TWO AM, why did they need to knock on the door?  I always leave home without keys....
Again, typical one sided story by the media...

You don't knock on the door to drop people off. You knock on the door to pick them up. When you're dropping them off, the person being dropped off should know what house they are going to because it is their OWN fucking house.

Exactly!!!
I wonder if the teens account of "knocking" translates into kicking the door?

Going by the current trend of the controlled media I'd say they are leaving out the important facts. I bet his side of the story is they first knocked he didn't answer because he was in bed, so they assumed no one was home then tried breaking in which is how these "knocks" go down.
His mistake was he should have let them force their way in then did a mag dump on them inside point blank.
Anytime the controlled media uses the word teen, unarmed and or cop (and this it all) my BS detector kicks into high.

Link Posted: 7/31/2015 1:30:09 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

I don't know about that. If the trooper claims that he was acting in his capacity as a LEO I think it would go to a jury.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
2. Deadly force is still an inappropriate response to teens fleeing your property after a cursory casing

Won't go anywhere.

I disagree.  He was acting outside the scope of his authority.
Link Posted: 7/31/2015 1:30:40 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

FPNI

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

FPNI

Jealousy in here much.
Link Posted: 7/31/2015 5:23:44 AM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:

View Quote
FPNI

Link Posted: 7/31/2015 12:20:43 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

Exactly!!!

I wonder if the teens account of "knocking" translates into kicking the door?

Going by the current trend of the controlled media I'd say they are leaving out the important facts. I bet his side of the story is they first knocked he didn't answer because he was in bed, so they assumed no one was home then tried breaking in which is how these "knocks" go down.

His mistake was he should have let them force their way in then did a mag dump on them inside point blank.

Anytime the controlled media uses the word teen, unarmed and or cop (and this it all) my BS detector kicks into high.

View Quote

If there was ANY damage that could be stretched into evidence of an attempted break-in, those kids would have been charged, and either in jail or out on bond.  
Link Posted: 7/31/2015 4:16:38 PM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:
Jealousy in here much.
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

FPNI

Jealousy in here much.
Very dumb assumptions around here and jealousy too

What the fuck do they care what his house cost?

WTF do they care what he does with his money?

He risks his life every day , he can buy whatever he wants with HIS MONEY

Maybe his family has money?

Maybe his wifes family has money?

Maybe his grandfather left him that house?

Maybe some loud mouths should get out there and try stopping a darkened car on a dark road some dark night and see if they wet their fucking pants as they approach the car?

Then ask what they do for that money or where they spend it.

Link Posted: 7/31/2015 4:24:10 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Won't go anywhere.

If so, then the township needs to explain why they didn't arrest him for unlawful discharge and shooting at people who fled. I'm also curious what kind of ammunition he had in that weapon because there's no LE exception if he was off duty and shooting at people who ran away.
Link Posted: 7/31/2015 5:04:47 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

If so, then the township needs to explain why they didn't arrest him for unlawful discharge and shooting at people who fled. I'm also curious what kind of ammunition he had in that weapon because there's no LE exception if he was off duty and shooting at people who ran away.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Won't go anywhere.

Ammunition?

Like, HP v non?
Link Posted: 7/31/2015 5:48:33 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

Ammunition?

Like, HP v non?

View Quote

Is that a thing in NJ?
Link Posted: 7/31/2015 5:50:14 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

Is that a thing in NJ?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Ammunition?

Like, HP v non?

Is that a thing in NJ?

HP laws in NJ are weird, just like the rest of the gun laws.
Link Posted: 7/31/2015 6:22:16 PM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Quoted:
Ammunition?
Like, HP v non?
Is that a thing in NJ?

Yep, HP legal to buy , legal to transport from store to home or business, legal to transport to the range.

Indictable if you are going to friends house after the range and just happen to have some HP's left over in the center console and get stopped and HP's discovered.

They have you dead bang to rights and will most likely not plea it down, the best you can hope for is a felony conviction and probation and fine, like we all said , NJ gun laws are fucked up.
There was a off duty NYS cop arrested for the hollow points in his carry gun last year in NJ, the AG in NYS put so much pressure on the NJ AG they dropped it pretty quiet like.

It looked at first like they were going to crucify him.

There have also been some cases dropped by good county prosecutors for people arrested for possession of hollowpoints..
Years back, the HP was the original (falsely named) cop killer bullets?

They even named hollow points "cop killer bullets" in the state hearings on the bill to make them quasi illegal.

They had expert witnesses testifying on the rds penetrating "bullet proof vests" of officers

There was so much hype winchester discontinued the org line of Black Talon and replaced it with Ranger SXT
I think there are better rds for self defense now, But I still have all my bedroom emergency guns loaded with the org Black talons, in 9mm & .45 ACP    

Link Posted: 7/31/2015 6:23:59 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
Yep, HP legal to buy , legal to transport from store to home or business, legal to transport to the range.
Indictable if you are going to friends house after the range and just happen to have some HP's left over in the center console and get stopped and HP's discovered.
They have you dead bang to rights and will most likely not plea it down, the best you can hope for is a felony conviction and probation and fine, like we all said , NJ gun laws are fucked up.

There was a off duty NYS cop arrested for the hollow points in his carry gun last year in NJ, the AG in NYS put so much pressure on the NJ AG they dropped it pretty quiet like.
There have also been some cases dropped by good county prosecutors for people arrested for possession of hollowpoints..

They even named hollow points "cop killer bullets" in the state hearings on the bill to make them quasi illegal.
They had expert witnesses testifying on the rds penetrating "bullet proof vests" of officers
There was so much hype winchester discontinued the org line of Black Talon and replaced it with Ranger SXT

I think there are better rds for self defense now, I still have all my bedroom emergency guns loaded with the org Black talons, in 9mm & .45 ACP    

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Ammunition?

Like, HP v non?

Is that a thing in NJ?

I think there are better rds for self defense now, I still have all my bedroom emergency guns loaded with the org Black talons, in 9mm & .45 ACP    

If I were that Trooper, I would sue under H.R. 218.

I dunno who arrested him, but I guess they didn't get the memo.
Link Posted: 7/31/2015 10:31:11 PM EDT
[#20]

Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Ammunition?

Like, HP v non?

Is that a thing in NJ?

OK I called my buddy who knew the guy, he said the HPs were good to go (found out later) under the retire/active LEO fed exemption  , the reason they didn't want to drop it org was the high cap mag that exceeded NJ 15 rd limit, I didn't know hi caps were not exempt by outside LEO's?

Link Posted: 7/31/2015 11:00:50 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
OK I called my buddy who knew the guy, he said the HPs were good to go (found out later) under the retire/active LEO fed exemption  , the reason they didn't want to drop it org was the high cap mag that exceeded NJ 15 rd limit, I didn't know hi caps were not exempt by outside LEO's?

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Mags are exempt in the performance of duties. If an officer from New York carries his 17 round Glock mags into New Jersey to visit his cousin, he's breaking the law.

I didn't know HR 218 had an exemption for hollow points. It would be entertaining if they determined that the guy in Sparta is not retired and therefore not allowed to use hollow points to shoot at silly kids.
Link Posted: 7/31/2015 11:41:28 PM EDT
[#22]
Duty to retreat state. Attempted murder.
Link Posted: 8/1/2015 12:51:19 AM EDT
[#23]

Quoted:
Mags are exempt in the performance of duties. If an officer from New York carries his 17 round Glock mags into New Jersey to visit his cousin, he's breaking the law.

I didn't know HR 218 had an exemption for hollow points. It would be entertaining if they determined that the guy in Sparta is not retired and therefore not allowed to use hollow points to shoot at silly kids.
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

HR 218 covers active duty LEO too

But I am pretty sure NJ LEO is exempt and can carry off duty HP's

Link Posted: 8/1/2015 9:22:29 AM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:

View Quote

Yup.

Mag caps were left to the states.
Link Posted: 8/1/2015 9:47:28 AM EDT
[#25]
Many questions still unanswered after off-duty trooper shot at fleeing teens

SPARTA — The state Attorney General's Office is continuing to investigate after an off-duty trooper fired three shots at a trio of teens as they fled from his neighborhood early Sunday morning.

Authorities may have a lot of questions they're still looking to answer. So do we.
View Quote

1. Did the officer believe his life was in danger?

According to police scanner recordings from the night of the incident,  Barreau told officers the people he believed were intruders "almost ran him over."

Barkhorn said the car had to turn around and maneuver around other vehicles to get out of the cul-de-sac, but says the teens weren't aiming for the officer — and said as they tried to leave, they saw a laser before seeing Barreau had a gun.

2. Well, will anyone be charged?

We'll see. If investigators believe the teen driving the car was aiming for Barreau authorities could consider assault-by-auto-related charges. From a statement released by the AG's office, authorities don't seem to think the teens were trying to break into Barreau's home.

The trooper could potentially face any number of charges, especially if he didn't think his life was in danger, two ex-prosecutors have told NJ Advance Media. Some of those charges carry years of mandatory jail time.'

3. Did the trooper identify himself?

According to the AG's office, Barreau says he did but didn't say at what point he told the teens he was a state trooper. Barkhorn said they never heard the officer identify himself as a state trooper.

Ex-Morris County Prosecutor Robert Bianchi said that could be a significant issue. Barreau was off-duty, but once he invoked his authority as an officer of the law, he was acting as a cop, Bianchi said. And that means he'd be subject to rules and regulations that apply specifically to officers — such as a prohibition on firing a gun at a moving vehicle except as a last resort to save a life.

4. Was the officer detained? If not, why not?

There seem to be at least two calls to the police that night. The teens called police to report they'd been shot at, according to Barkhorn and the AG's office. Police radio recordings indicate a call or calls from Barreau or his wife, reporting he'd just fired at three people he thought were intruders, and briefly followed them in his own car.

We know the teens were detained. Barkhorn said they were handcuffed for hours in the back of a police car, told they were being arrested for attempted burglary, and taken both to the Sparta and State Police Newton headquarters for questioning before being let go. It was about 9 hours before it was all over, he said.

But authorities haven't said anything about whether Barreau was detained or how he was questioned about an officer-involved shooting.

5. Was anyone involved in the incident impaired by drugs or alcohol?

Authorities haven't yet said if anyone involved was tested for drugs or alcohol.

6. What sort of a gun was used, and what happened to the other two bullets?

Authorities haven't released that information yet either, except to say Barreau was using his personal gun, not a service weapon.

Who is investigating this?

This one, we can answer. The Attorney General's Shooting Response Team is continuing to investigate. The team is made up of deputy attorneys general, detectives of the Division of Criminal Justice, and detectives of the State Police Major Crime Unit.
View Quote

http://www.nj.com/sussex-county/index.ssf/2015/07/6_things_we_want_to_know_after_off-duty_trooper_sh.html
Link Posted: 8/3/2015 11:00:53 AM EDT
[#26]
'Castle,' 'stand-your-ground' laws couldn't help trooper who shot at teens, lawyers say

SPARTA — In New Jersey law, your home is your castle — and you've got a right to protect it. But step out into the street, and that right vanishes, two defense attorneys tell NJ Advance Media.

The so-called "castle doctrine" won't likely do much to help off-duty state trooper Kissinger Barreau, whom the state Attorney General's office says responded to teens banging on his door early July 26 by coming out of the house, following them as they fled into their car, and shooting at the vehicle after he stepped out into the street in an unsuccessful attempt to stop them from driving away.

Barreau — the AG's office has not released his name, but the trooper lives at the home where the incident took place and has been identified by others involved — had told authorities he thought the teens were invaders. The AG's office has determined they actually just mistook Barreau 's home for that of a friend.
View Quote

http://www.nj.com/sussex-county/index.ssf/2015/08/castle_stand-your-ground_sparta_trooper_teens.html

TROOPER'S HOUSE NOW GUARDED
The state police are now guarding the trooper's Sparta home because motorists have been driving by and being disruptive, said Capt. Stephen Jones. State police are providing coverage to avoid burdening local police with the task. – Kathleen O'Brien
View Quote
Link Posted: 8/3/2015 12:03:44 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:

The state police are now guarding the trooper's Sparta home because motorists have been driving by and being disruptive, said Capt. Stephen Jones. State police are providing coverage to avoid burdening local police with the task. – Kathleen O'Brien

Link Posted: 8/3/2015 12:39:44 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I would like my mansion guarded by taxpayer funded armed guard too.
Link Posted: 8/3/2015 12:47:21 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I've never seen a police department literally circle the wagons.  
Link Posted: 8/3/2015 1:03:36 PM EDT
[#30]
I grew up in Sparta! Its was a good place to grow up and its a great place to be from. I left that shit state in 89 and never looked back luckily.
Link Posted: 8/3/2015 1:08:33 PM EDT
[#31]

Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Thats is no where near a mansion

Link Posted: 8/3/2015 1:24:20 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

It looks like a mansion when you live in a trailer.
Link Posted: 8/3/2015 1:29:55 PM EDT
[#33]

Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Hehe

Link Posted: 8/3/2015 1:31:36 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:
View Quote

A trailer?  What kind of elitist are you?

Posted from a van down by the river.
Link Posted: 8/3/2015 1:47:13 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Guessing the locals told them to get fucked and clean up their own mess.
Link Posted: 8/3/2015 1:49:56 PM EDT
[#36]

Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

How many different kinds are there?

Link Posted: 8/3/2015 1:50:42 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Double wide?

Link Posted: 8/3/2015 2:03:26 PM EDT
[#38]
Its in the newspaper so it must be true.
Link Posted: 8/3/2015 2:33:47 PM EDT
[#39]

Quoted:

View Quote

Barreau — the AG's office has not released his name, but the trooper
lives at the home where the incident took place and has been identified
by others involved — had told authorities he thought the teens were
invaders. The AG's office has determined they actually just mistook Barreau 's home for that of a friend.

Link Posted: 8/3/2015 10:44:44 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:

Barreau — the AG's office has not released his name, but the trooper lives at the home where the incident took place and has been identified by others involved — had told authorities he thought the teens were invaders. The AG's office has determined they actually just mistook Barreau 's home for that of a friend.  

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

ZOMG!  Whole story fabricated to smear Heroic First Responder!  

Link Posted: 8/4/2015 8:42:48 AM EDT
[#41]
Troopers Won't Tell Family Where Their Shot Up Car Is

Marasco said her car was impounded. She said her son was told the car was towed by Hayden’s Auto and Truck Repair and that her son could "go to Hayden in Andover, to pay and take the receipt to Totowa to pick up the car.”

Hayden’s is in Sparta, but Marasco said people there said they didn’t have the vehicle. Marasco said she went to the trooper barracks and was told they did not have a record of her car. She said she told them the date and nature of the incident and the name under which the car was registered and they still said they could not find any record of the car, the incident or anything related to the boys’ names.

“Right now, I’m assuming it’s in Totowa,” she said.  

They told her they needed the license plate number. She is still following up with attempts to retrieve the vehicle.
View Quote

https://www.tapinto.net/towns/sparta/categories/sparta-top-stories/articles/source-trooper-kissenger-barreau-did-not-identif
Link Posted: 8/4/2015 8:52:46 AM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:

View Quote

For the majority of American's it is.

The Median Home Price Is $391,000 in New Jersey in 2014. The median home price in the USA is $188,000.

This public employee's house is $500,000.

The majority of American's live in homes that are a fraction of the price of this public employee and his home is more expensive the majority of residents in NJ -- an expensive state to live in.

Source: http://www.state.nj.us/treasury/taxation/pdf/lpt/class2/avgsale2014.pdf
Link Posted: 8/4/2015 9:04:13 AM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:

https://www.tapinto.net/towns/sparta/categories/sparta-top-stories/articles/source-trooper-kissenger-barreau-did-not-identif
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Marasco said her car was impounded. She said her son was told the car was towed by Hayden’s Auto and Truck Repair and that her son could "go to Hayden in Andover, to pay and take the receipt to Totowa to pick up the car.”

Hayden’s is in Sparta, but Marasco said people there said they didn’t have the vehicle. Marasco said she went to the trooper barracks and was told they did not have a record of her car. She said she told them the date and nature of the incident and the name under which the car was registered and they still said they could not find any record of the car, the incident or anything related to the boys’ names.

“Right now, I’m assuming it’s in Totowa,” she said.  

They told her they needed the license plate number. She is still following up with attempts to retrieve the vehicle.

Link Posted: 8/4/2015 9:07:07 AM EDT
[#44]
Link Posted: 8/4/2015 9:41:29 AM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:

The Median Home Price Is $391,000 in New Jersey in 2014. The median home price in the USA is $188,000.

The majority of American's live in homes that are a fraction of the price of this public employee and his home is more expensive the majority of residents in NJ -- an expensive state to live in.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Nice, aint it?
Link Posted: 8/4/2015 9:49:45 AM EDT
[#46]
Once again GD  shows it's bias. Good thing they cannot see my house.  The fact the wife brings home twice my salary does not matter since I'm obviously on the take.

As for the "Anyone else would have been arrested" dero I can point to three identical justfiable homicides where the homeowners were not.

As an aside in all of those three examples GD was screaming for the homeowner to be arrested.
Link Posted: 8/4/2015 10:30:44 AM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:
Once again GD  shows it's bias. Good thing they cannot see my house.  The fact the wife brings home twice my salary does not matter since I'm obviously on the take.

As for the "Anyone else would have been arrested" dero I can point to three identical justfiable homicides where the homeowners were not.

As an aside in all of those three examples GD was screaming for the homeowner to be arrested.
View Quote

I highlighted the one key difference between those three and this.
Link Posted: 8/4/2015 10:37:07 AM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:

View Quote

Links?
Link Posted: 8/4/2015 10:50:35 AM EDT
[#49]
Transfer the same scenario from the expensive neighborhood to inner city Newark.

Imagine...

Teens bang on the wrong door in Newark at 2:30AM.  Teens seen a laser dot aimed at them and take off in their car.

Homeowner leaves the safety of his home and runs into the street and fires multiple rounds at a car fleeing.
Teens contact police to say someone is shooting at them.

Tell us what happens next.

Clare Niederhause, Homeowner Arrested For Shooting At Burglar, Expected To Accept Plea Deal

SALT LAKE CITY — A northern Utah man who drew support from other residents after he was arrested for shooting at a suspected burglar who was fleeing his property apologized during a court appearance Tuesday for taking matters into his own hands.

Clare Niederhauser, 64, made the comments after agreeing to a plea deal that included a reduced charge. He also agreed to pay a $700 fee, take a weapons class and forfeit the weapon he used, a .357 caliber handgun.

Niederhauser told the judge in the Layton city courtroom that he acted the way he thought he should but "should have known better."

Layton police arrested Niederhauser Jan. 31 after he fired two rounds at a suspected burglar and getaway driver leaving his home. No one was hurt, but police said the shots were unlawful because the burglar had dropped a crowbar he was carrying and was fleeing the property. The shots could have endangered somebody's life, police said.
View Quote

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/02/12/clare-niederhause-homeowner-shoot-burglar-plea-dea_n_2671937.html

Homeowner arrested for shooting man on Louisiana Avenue Parkway, NOPD says

Luiz Delima was arrested Tuesday evening for aggravated battery by shooting, according to the New Orleans Police Department.

The NOPD said Delima's arrest comes after officers were notified of a shooting around noon at a home near South Claiborne Avenue and Louisiana Avenue Parkway.

Officers found an unidentified man outside the home with multiple gunshot wounds. The shooting victim was taken to a hospital and was in stable condition during the most recent update.

According to the police report, officers were told the home belonged to Delima, who shot the man outside. The NOPD said Delima thought the man was trying to burglarize his residence when he shot the man in the backyard.
View Quote

http://www.wdsu.com/news/local-news/new-orleans/homeowner-arrested-for-shooting-man-on-louisiana-avenue-parkway-nopd-says/33901170
Link Posted: 8/4/2015 12:01:26 PM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:
Transfer the same scenario from the expensive neighborhood to inner city Newark.

Imagine...

Teens bang on the wrong door in Newark at 2:30AM.  Teens seen a laser dot aimed at them and take off in their car.

Homeowner leaves the safety of his home and runs into the street and fires multiple rounds at a car fleeing.

Clare Niederhause, Homeowner Arrested For Shooting At Burglar, Expected To Accept Plea Deal

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/02/12/clare-niederhause-homeowner-shoot-burglar-plea-dea_n_2671937.html

http://www.wdsu.com/news/local-news/new-orleans/homeowner-arrested-for-shooting-man-on-louisiana-avenue-parkway-nopd-says/33901170
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Imagine...

SALT LAKE CITY — A northern Utah man who drew support from other residents after he was arrested for shooting at a suspected burglar who was fleeing his property apologized during a court appearance Tuesday for taking matters into his own hands.

Clare Niederhauser, 64, made the comments after agreeing to a plea deal that included a reduced charge. He also agreed to pay a $700 fee, take a weapons class and forfeit the weapon he used, a .357 caliber handgun.

Niederhauser told the judge in the Layton city courtroom that he acted the way he thought he should but "should have known better."

Layton police arrested Niederhauser Jan. 31 after he fired two rounds at a suspected burglar and getaway driver leaving his home. No one was hurt, but police said the shots were unlawful because the burglar had dropped a crowbar he was carrying and was fleeing the property. The shots could have endangered somebody's life, police said.

Luiz Delima was arrested Tuesday evening for aggravated battery by shooting, according to the New Orleans Police Department.

The NOPD said Delima's arrest comes after officers were notified of a shooting around noon at a home near South Claiborne Avenue and Louisiana Avenue Parkway.

Officers found an unidentified man outside the home with multiple gunshot wounds. The shooting victim was taken to a hospital and was in stable condition during the most recent update.

According to the police report, officers were told the home belonged to Delima, who shot the man outside. The NOPD said Delima thought the man was trying to burglarize his residence when he shot the man in the backyard.

Two gun loving states too!
Page / 6
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top