User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 44
Link Posted: 7/30/2015 7:30:24 AM EDT
[#1]

Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
prick.

i just spit out water all over the new bedset my girlfriend bought me.

she's gonna be pissed.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

13 kids and 60 arrests?

This dude bred himself a fucking sympathetic jury. Ingenious!

prick.

i just spit out water all over the new bedset my girlfriend bought me.

she's gonna be pissed.
Man up...it's only water

Link Posted: 7/30/2015 7:47:20 AM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:

Most of the local/city cops in OH do not give a shit about it.  I see people around here all the time with no front plate.  From what I have been told, the Highway Patrol is about the only agency in Ohio that will stop you for that reason alone.

It kind of amazes me that a campus cop made this stop.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
I read through as much as I could,  about 10 pages. This is what I got from the video.

Horrible shoot. A. No front license plate is a stupid law.   The officer doesn't have to stop someone for that. Yeah I know it's the law and he broke it.  Big deal. Pulling anyone over for that is just fishing.   B. He reached into the car which looked to be an attempt to stop the guy from driving.   C. When he couldn't stop him,  he decided his life was in danger from someone trying to drive away from him. Then proceeded to shoot him.  

The guys life history has nothing to do with this stop.

Most of the local/city cops in OH do not give a shit about it.  I see people around here all the time with no front plate.  From what I have been told, the Highway Patrol is about the only agency in Ohio that will stop you for that reason alone.

They NEVER stop you for that reason.  That's only the justification.  

Link Posted: 7/30/2015 7:57:35 AM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:

Yes.... If you watch the extended video that's linked in this thread somewhere (cincinnati.com or something)... it shows the two officers after they reach the vehicle after it crashed (and a few minutes after)... You clearly see the other officer was wearing a body camera.  I'm interested to see other footage of this (other body cams, dash cams, etc.)
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
This trial will be based more off of feels than facts. Hope he doesn't get a crappy jury.

Fuck that. Bench trial all the way.

Agreed... this officer will have a helluva time with a jury.

Here's my take.. If the law and facts are on his side (we've not seen the other evidence)... a bench trial is the way to go.  If there's even the slightest chance that a reasonable judge can't be convinced, you have to go w/ a jury and hope you get 1 on there.
Wonder if the officer that was saying he saw it had a camera on, and if it caught anything.

While the officer may or may not have had enough to pull him over, appears he did, once the guy started playing games about who he was and who's car it was.  Suddenly sounds like it might be a wanted guy in a stolen car.  Reaching in?  not a brilliant idea.  Was he being dragged?? can't tell but I only watched it a bit.  Fired one round and it scored.  (facetious aside, how many of us could do that on purpose?)

I think they are lining him up to throw him under a fleet of buses

On the other hand with his babbling it reinforces the usual advice here.  If involved in a shooting keep your yap shut.

Yes.... If you watch the extended video that's linked in this thread somewhere (cincinnati.com or something)... it shows the two officers after they reach the vehicle after it crashed (and a few minutes after)... You clearly see the other officer was wearing a body camera.  I'm interested to see other footage of this (other body cams, dash cams, etc.)

On the treadmill and GMA was playing in the background. I had no sound but they had a couple still images from the other officers view. Then they showed the image darkened out and highlighting a body on the ground, which I presume to be the officer.

Like I said, no sound but it appears other images of the situation are surfacing.

Link Posted: 7/30/2015 8:14:46 AM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
Ohio has concealed carry.  No worries
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Too bad Cincinnati doesn't have an online scanner. I may not have anything to go to work to tonight...

I chuckled but it does suck for you guys.  Be careful Ohioan(or whatever the fuck you call yourselves) brothers.

Ohioans or "Buckeyes"...

...Hope you guys and gals can legally strap up.  Double up on ammo too.  Best to be prepared and all that jazz.

Ohio has concealed carry.  No worries
No worries?  You think you'll be exempt from the mob rule that is taking over the courts any more than a cop?  That's the new strategy of the Left.  You'll be painted as a right wing nut job who went out with murderous intent.  

Link Posted: 7/30/2015 8:27:06 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
Just heard audio of the guy's mother...."he did nothing.....absolutely nothing"

View Quote

His brother's statement was worse yesterday. Said God had bigger plans for him in this life and he was simply called home too soon.
Link Posted: 7/30/2015 8:46:33 AM EDT
[#6]
Here is footage from second body cam.
Second Body Cam
Link Posted: 7/30/2015 9:04:50 AM EDT
[#7]
I'm just a few days into to this story, what am I hearing about the cop's statements?

Was he saying the guy tried taking a shot at him or something?
Link Posted: 7/30/2015 9:10:51 AM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:

Second Body Cam
View Quote

non-mobile link

(corrected)

Link Posted: 7/30/2015 9:54:28 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
I read through as much as I could,  about 10 pages. This is what I got from the video.

Horrible shoot. A. No front license plate is a stupid law.   The officer doesn't have to stop someone for that. Yeah I know it's the law and he broke it.  Big deal. Pulling anyone over for that is just fishing.   B. He reached into the car which looked to be an attempt to stop the guy from driving.   C. When he couldn't stop him,  he decided his life was in danger from someone trying to drive away from him. Then proceeded to shoot him.  

which is legal?
Link Posted: 7/30/2015 9:55:55 AM EDT
[#10]
He didn't do nothing?
He drove with out a front license plate to get pulled over
In the course of talking to the officer it was discovered he was dui
In the face of that he actively resisted by attempting to start his car and flee
If this cop gets convicted the citizens are making a statement that they would rather have a drunk guy fleeing in a car through thier streets than let an officer do his job
If the cop was much larger he possibly could have overpowered the guy and dragged him out of the vehicle, guess they should start hiring larger cops
Link Posted: 7/30/2015 9:58:53 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

non-mobile link
(corrected)

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Second Body Cam

non-mobile link
(corrected)

Doesn't really show much. The third officer would probably have a better perspective.
Link Posted: 7/30/2015 10:02:05 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
He didn't do nothing?
In the face of that he actively resisted by attempting to start his car and flee
If this cop gets convicted the citizens are making a statement that they would rather have a drunk guy fleeing in a car through thier streets than let an officer do his job
If the cop was much larger he possibly could have overpowered the guy and dragged him out of the vehicle, guess they should start hiring larger cops
View Quote

That's not been proven to my knowledge yet. Having a full bottle in your vehicle is not illegal.

I couldn't give less of a fuck about the guy that got killed. But the cop shouldn't have reached into the vehicle and put himself at risk, and then used an afraid for his life excuse to shoot the bastard.

By shooting someone under questionable circumstances that cop opened himself up to liability, and quite arguably put the whole city at risk of being burned to the ground. Unfortunately those consequences need to be taken into account. So yes, I would rather a drunk be driving around than half the city of Cincinnati burned to the ground.

He already had the plate, all he had to do was clear himself of the vehicle and follow in his own car while calling in backup and follow the guy. Had he done that his career wouldn't be over and he wouldn't be facing murder charges.
Link Posted: 7/30/2015 10:12:49 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
With 60+ arrestes imagine the number of crimes he wasn't caught doing
View Quote

Multiply by 10
Link Posted: 7/30/2015 10:14:23 AM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

Sure, but he was clearly planning to do a three-point turn in the nearest driveway and then come back and run over the heroic officer.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
I hate the unarmed lie. He was armed with a 4000 pound weapon and was using it to seriously harm or kill the officer.

B.S.  He was obviously trying to drive away from the officer.

Sure, but he was clearly planning to do a three-point turn in the nearest driveway and then come back and run over the heroic officer.

I recently, and for the first time ever, got out of my vehicle while it was still in gear behind my place of employment, in the yard. I was just hitting the ground as it rolled.
That vehicle traveled maybe 2-3 feet, while I scrambled to get back into it. It was actually pretty hairy. I barely made into the vehicle to stop it. I actually felt like the vehicle had control of me.

A moving vehicle is extremely dangerous (ban them!!). There was no way I could have ever tried to stop it, fought it in any way, or gotten out of there in good shape if I was stuck.

I can see how the cop, who had acted professionally and calmly up to that point, would be fearful when an uncooperative, evasive, motorist starts the car and attempts to drive off while the cop is attempting to give an order to said evasive, fleeing motorist not to do so, in a split second, with his arms in and out of the vehicle.

Given the training I suspect these guys go through, which likely includes covering situations like this, was he supposed to just step back and say "have a nice day", "catch up with you later", "oh well"?

I don't know if it was an accident in a tough situation, a sincere perception of fear, bad judgment, or flat out justified. I don't think the cop should be made out to be "out to get" anybody here (i.e., a murderer), especially based on race. That's just bullshit.

As always, YMMV, just my opinion, man.

Link Posted: 7/30/2015 10:14:34 AM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

That's not been proven to my knowledge yet. Having a full bottle in your vehicle is not illegal.

I couldn't give less of a fuck about the guy that got killed. But the cop shouldn't have reached into the vehicle and put himself at risk, and then used an afraid for his life excuse to shoot the bastard.

By shooting someone under questionable circumstances that cop opened himself up to liability, and quite arguably put the whole city at risk of being burned to the ground. Unfortunately those consequences need to be taken into account. So yes, I would rather a drunk be driving around than half the city of Cincinnati burned to the ground.

He already had the plate, all he had to do was clear himself of the vehicle and follow in his own car while calling in backup and follow the guy. Had he done that his career wouldn't be over and he wouldn't be facing murder charges.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
He didn't do nothing?

Cops put them self at risk every day.  Its part of the job.
Link Posted: 7/30/2015 10:16:45 AM EDT
[#16]
double
Link Posted: 7/30/2015 10:17:45 AM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
He didn't do nothing?

I understand that, so why put yourself at even more risk than is necessary? Just seems like a really bad idea to reach into a vehicle that someone is currently trying to get moving.
Link Posted: 7/30/2015 10:18:10 AM EDT
[#18]
Link Posted: 7/30/2015 10:18:49 AM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

which is legal?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

which is legal?

Of course.  They can't stop you without a reason just to see what they can find.  Give them any small reason and they can.  This case was a perfect example.  No front plate turned into, at the very least, open container and driving without a license.  If he hadn't tried to drive away, probably would have gotten OVI, plus whatever he was running from.  Maybe weed in the car?  I would guess that a large percentage of OVI charges and drug busts start out with a missing plate, a burned out tail light, or some other "chicken shit stop".  Never invite the man into your life.
Link Posted: 7/30/2015 10:20:14 AM EDT
[#20]
I just watched the video for the first time. It looked like the Officer was doing the right thing until he shot the driver. That was murder, pure and simple.
Link Posted: 7/30/2015 10:21:47 AM EDT
[#21]
Link Posted: 7/30/2015 10:25:59 AM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:

I recently, and for the first time ever, got out of my vehicle while it was still in gear behind my place of employment, in the yard. I was just hitting the ground as it rolled.
That vehicle traveled maybe 2-3 feet, while I scrambled to get back into it. It was actually pretty hairy. I barely made into the vehicle to stop it. I actually felt like the vehicle had control of me.

A moving vehicle is extremely dangerous (ban them!!). There was no way I could have ever tried to stop it, fought it in any way, or gotten out of there in good shape if I was stuck.

I can see how the cop, who had acted professionally and calmly up to that point, would be fearful when an uncooperative, evasive, motorist starts the car and attempts to drive off while the cop is attempting to give an order to said evasive, fleeing motorist not to do so, in a split second, with his arms in and out of the vehicle.

Given the training I suspect these guys go through, which likely includes covering situations like this, was he supposed to just step back and say "have a nice day", "catch up with you later", "oh well"?

I don't know if it was an accident in a tough situation, a sincere perception of fear, bad judgment, or flat out justified. I don't think the cop should be made out to be "out to get" anybody here (i.e., a murderer), especially based on race. That's just bullshit.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
I hate the unarmed lie. He was armed with a 4000 pound weapon and was using it to seriously harm or kill the officer.

You just answered your own question.  You just said how dangerous a moving car was.  So was he supposed to reach in through the window when the perp started the engine and put it in gear?  No, he was supposed to go get in his own car.  There was also already other cars there, or very close.  He wasn't going to get away.
Link Posted: 7/30/2015 10:27:37 AM EDT
[#23]
Link Posted: 7/30/2015 10:28:50 AM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
$1,000,000 bond.  Fuck...

I don't know how bail bond places work.  Will anyone be able to get him out?

Start a GoFundMe?
View Quote

You give the entire amount to the court to hold, or you give a bondsman10% which you don't get back.
Link Posted: 7/30/2015 10:31:39 AM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
Now Mark O'Meara said that Tensing has to come up with 1 million all by himself (no bondsman)

No one is sure how much he has to put up
View Quote

Meh, he might as well get used to it.
Link Posted: 7/30/2015 10:35:49 AM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
Tensing's attorney just said it can be 10% of 1 million.
View Quote

That is how bond usually works.  You provide 10% to a bond agency and they provide the rest.  Of course you lose that 10% as their fee.  

*edited* someone already explained it.
Link Posted: 7/30/2015 10:38:22 AM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:

You just answered your own question.  You just said how dangerous a moving car was.  So was he supposed to reach in through the window when the perp started the engine and put it in gear?  No, he was supposed to go get in his own car.  There was also already other cars there, or very close.  He wasn't going to get away.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Actually, he ordered him to stop, which I suspect is normal. Things happened very fast. Trying to arm chair this is ridiculous.
What happened, happened. He's just not a murderer, in my opinion.

Link Posted: 7/30/2015 10:38:50 AM EDT
[#28]
In Florida he would get no bond (or at least, the State can ask for it by rule--where I once worked it was standard that any murder had no bond).

I have watched this video a few times. Honestly, I'm a huge supporter of LE. But I just can't come up with an argument to support this shoot. 1st degree murder? At least by Florida standards, probably not. But I think it's hovering between 2nd and manslaughter.
Link Posted: 7/30/2015 10:40:27 AM EDT
[#29]
Deters, the prosecutor, is on Fox right now.  
"He's a MURDERER"

"I acted quickley" in charging the officer

Good for you, pat yourself on the fucking back.
Link Posted: 7/30/2015 10:41:52 AM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:
"He's a MURDERER"

View Quote

So they have to prove that he had a plan to do so, or forethought, correct?
Link Posted: 7/30/2015 10:42:05 AM EDT
[#31]
Prosecuter Joe Deters said he graduated from the university of Cincinatti twice. Commented on why the officer was on the ground " I don't know it could have been the recoil of the gun"
Link Posted: 7/30/2015 10:43:38 AM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:

Actually, he ordered him to stop, which I suspect is normal. Things happened very fast. Trying to arm chair this is ridiculous.

View Quote

If you saw someone else driving off in your car and you shot them in the head, (and you weren't in Texas), would you be a murderer?
Link Posted: 7/30/2015 10:44:53 AM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:
$1,000,000 bond.  Fuck...

I don't know how bail bond places work.  Will anyone be able to get him out?

Start a GoFundMe?
View Quote

Guy's getting sacrificed to appease the mob
Link Posted: 7/30/2015 10:45:39 AM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:

If you saw someone else driving off in your car and you shot them in the head, (and you weren't in Texas), would you be a murderer?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I have no idea. What does that have to do with this case?
Link Posted: 7/30/2015 10:45:45 AM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
"He's a MURDERER"

Crazy like a fox, man!  Charge him with premeditated murder, the evidence proves otherwise, jury either votes not guilty  or deadlocks, cop goes free.
Link Posted: 7/30/2015 10:46:36 AM EDT
[#36]
Boom!

ETA:

I lived in Ohio for the first 30 years of my life and I can tell you for SURE you will get pulled over for not having a front plate, by any department, at any time.  I have personally been pulled over for it and so has just about everyone that I know.  Classic cars / hot rods actually seem to get bothered less, ricers and young kids seem to get pulled over for it more frequently.

Driving in the state of Ohio is a privilege not a right, anybody who disagrees with that has not yet dealt with the motor vehicle authorities in Ohio.
Link Posted: 7/30/2015 10:46:43 AM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:

Crazy like a fox, man!  Charge him with premeditated murder, the evidence proves otherwise, jury either votes not guilty  or deadlocks, cop goes free.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
"He's a MURDERER"

Or they convict him of a number of potential lesser-includeds. Like 2nd Degree Murder.
Link Posted: 7/30/2015 10:50:53 AM EDT
[#38]
Link Posted: 7/30/2015 10:54:37 AM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
"He's a MURDERER"

He's not being charged with premeditated murder.
Link Posted: 7/30/2015 10:55:08 AM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:

Or they convict him of a number of potential lesser-includeds. Like 2nd Degree Murder.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
"He's a MURDERER"

Well, the indictment as handed down by the GJ lists murder (2903.02,) along with voluntary manslaughter (2903.3.)  

(Ohio doesn't have 1st degree or 2nd degree, but instead aggravated murder (2903.01) and murder.)
Link Posted: 7/30/2015 10:56:05 AM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:
Boom!

ETA:

I lived in Ohio for the first 30 years of my life and I can tell you for SURE you will get pulled over for not having a front plate, by any department, at any time.  I have personally been pulled over for it and so has just about everyone that I know.  Classic cars / hot rods actually seem to get bothered less, ricers and young kids seem to get pulled over for it more frequently.

Driving in the state of Ohio is a privilege not a right, anybody who disagrees with that has not yet dealt with the motor vehicle authorities in Ohio.
View Quote

I've only known the Highway Patrol to jam people up on the front plate.
Link Posted: 7/30/2015 10:57:40 AM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:
View Quote

That's what he's facing.

2903.02(A) is probably what you'd call 2nd Murder
Link Posted: 7/30/2015 10:59:12 AM EDT
[#43]
If this cop gets convicted the citizens are making a statement that they would rather have a drunk guy fleeing in a car through thier streets than let an officer do his job give summary executions for attempting to flee
View Quote

that is the truth of it.  Cop didn't want to be dragged, cop shoulda let go.  Cop panicked and went straight to lethal force.  Sorry, but we expect better of our police officers.  Bad shoot.
Link Posted: 7/30/2015 11:02:41 AM EDT
[#44]
If I was on the jury, I think I would have reasonable doubt as to manslaughter.

No way it's murder.

Tough situation all around.  

There does need to be a serious beat down if a riot ensues.  Eta, riot, not protests .

Txl
Link Posted: 7/30/2015 11:03:51 AM EDT
[#45]
Cops go on fishing expeditions.  I retrofit HID projectors in my Wrangler.  One burned out, ordered replacement, but shipping would take a 3-5 days.  University town is notorious for fishing, all I had to do to get pulled over 3 days (thurs-fri-sat) in a row was drive home from work at midnight.  One particular night it was 58*, which is pretty cold for a topless Wrangler in shorts and a t-shirt, they asked me to do the roadside olympics and I refused, blew goose eggs and still had to get my Jeep from impound the next day.  Jerkoffs.  

If I'm driving late at night on college "drinking nights", I ONLY drive my Lexus because there are too many things for them to nitpick on my Jeep.

Is it right, no... but they certainly get a lot of hits on things after the initial stop from doing it.  If they didn't, they wouldn't fish.
Link Posted: 7/30/2015 11:05:11 AM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:

No way it's murder.

There does need to be a serious beat down if a riot ensues.  Eta, riot, not protests .

Txl
View Quote

Cincinnati won't have riots, we have the National Underground Railroad Freedom Center
Link Posted: 7/30/2015 11:17:57 AM EDT
[#47]
Link Posted: 7/30/2015 11:19:03 AM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:

I haven't been there since it opened.  I will never go to it.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

No way it's murder.

Txl

Cincinnati won't have riots, we have the National Underground Railroad Freedom Center

I haven't been there since it opened.  I will never go to it.

I've never cared to go in there either. But I'm going to the Reds game Saturday so I'm really hoping there won't be anything going on.
Link Posted: 7/30/2015 11:20:44 AM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:

Then when he runs over an innocent a block away we can hang the cop anyway because he "should have done something."  Cops can't win.  Fucking society is in full meltdown mode.  
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

According to Prosecutor Joe Deters the officer should of just let him drive away at that point. (Not being an ass, he really said that)

Then when he runs over an innocent a block away we can hang the cop anyway because he "should have done something."  Cops can't win.  Fucking society is in full meltdown mode.  

.......smile and wave boys.........smile and wave.....
Link Posted: 7/30/2015 11:26:41 AM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

You don't just get to shoot people, and neither do the cops.  If you do, it's murder.
Page / 44
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top