User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 4
Link Posted: 7/21/2015 7:35:07 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
If he was armed...good.

However...how long until the administration tries to fuck his family out of his benefits for violating regulations?
View Quote

Page 2 says R0N, the Marine's commander, already addressed that issue.
Link Posted: 7/21/2015 7:36:08 PM EDT
[#2]
OH NO UNACCEPTABLE ARTICLE 15 RIGHT NOW REPORT TO EXTRA DUTY SHITBAG

Link Posted: 7/21/2015 7:36:59 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
There is some stuff that will probably come out in tomorrows press conference

The Marine in question did save others lives by re-entering the HTC's fenced area and preventing the Jihadi from following the group that went over the fence.
View Quote

Awesome, thank you much for sharing.  S/F
Link Posted: 7/21/2015 7:40:25 PM EDT
[#4]
If it's true, they should prosecute the Marine posthumously for some violation of UCMJ. /sarcasm
Link Posted: 7/21/2015 7:45:45 PM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 7/21/2015 7:51:42 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

Thank you for that
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

The Marine in question did save others lives by re-entering the HTC's fenced area and preventing the Jihadi from following the group that went over the fence.

Thank you for that

Link Posted: 7/21/2015 7:57:47 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
They know , they just haven't got their stories together of how they want to present this.
View Quote

Link Posted: 7/21/2015 7:58:01 PM EDT
[#8]
If the Marine capped the guy we will never know.
Link Posted: 7/21/2015 8:17:57 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
If the Marine capped the guy we will never know.
View Quote

We will know. There are Arfcommers close to those events, as I understand it.
Link Posted: 7/21/2015 8:30:49 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
Obama will want to Court Martial the dead Marine.
View Quote

you went full derp
Link Posted: 7/21/2015 8:45:10 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

View Quote

Should we meet, beer is on me.
Link Posted: 7/21/2015 8:49:44 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

View Quote

HTC?
Link Posted: 7/21/2015 8:52:13 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
If Glock was there and didn't kill the shooter this will be used to say "see a CCW or weapon at the scene of the shooting doesn't make a difference" "this was a trained professional and he couldn't stop the shooter so how can a citizen CCW'er possibly make any difference?"

Wish the Marines did have guns and did return fire and did kill the bastard.
View Quote

You mean something like what happened in Texas at the prophet drawing?
Link Posted: 7/21/2015 8:59:09 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
The FBI will put more effort into investigating the possibility that one the Marines had an unauthorized firearm in their possession than they will into investigating the Muslim shooter.
View Quote

Sad, but true. Obama will make sure the overtime hours flow for that facet of the investigation, I'm sure.
Link Posted: 7/21/2015 8:59:10 PM EDT
[#15]
This small bit of news take a little of the edge off.
Link Posted: 7/21/2015 9:02:43 PM EDT
[#16]
You know the LEO will want the glory on this one, so even if the Marine did get the guy, it would not fit any narrative the administration, media, or most law enforcement would agree with.
Link Posted: 7/21/2015 9:04:03 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

"See! being armed didn't help and return fire was only dangerous to bystanders!"

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
My spider sense is tingling.

"See! being armed didn't help and return fire was only dangerous to bystanders!"

FBHO and the DOJ need to put a stop to all this "let them be armed" talk.
Link Posted: 7/21/2015 9:07:05 PM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:

If he was armed...good.

However...how long until the administration tries to fuck his family out of his benefits for violating regulations?
View Quote
This x1000 Fuck0bama

Link Posted: 7/21/2015 9:08:33 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
Died a warrior, weapon in hand.

There is a place at the table in Valhalla for this Marine.
View Quote

Ti Valhall
Link Posted: 7/21/2015 9:19:18 PM EDT
[#20]

Quoted:
HTC?
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

HTC?
The primary compound for the unit. Most reserve centers are part of a larger joint complex. The individual units normally have another fenced area segregating them from the larger base. Oftentimes parking is outside the  fenced compound. HTC = Home Training Center. We always just call it the HTC.

ETA. Edited for correctness
Link Posted: 7/21/2015 9:23:53 PM EDT
[#21]
HTC, home training center, years ago HTCs were Reserve Training Centers but that change in 2004 to HTCs
Link Posted: 7/21/2015 9:28:06 PM EDT
[#22]
I wouldn't doubt he may have hesitated due to a fear of "getting in trouble" for having an unauthorized POW in the office.

Link Posted: 7/21/2015 9:29:36 PM EDT
[#23]
Link Posted: 7/21/2015 10:04:14 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:

If true, what's to say he didn't?  
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
huh.  

If true, too bad the marine wasn't able to cap the guy.  

If true, what's to say he didn't?  

The shooter went back outside of the building, ran into woods next to the Navy Reserve building and had a shoot out with the police.  A good sign the Marine didn't cap the guy, just wounded him at best.

Still, I'll bet that having rounds returned on him convinced the shooter to leave the building instead of going through all the offices and shooting everyone in the building.
Link Posted: 7/21/2015 10:23:27 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
You know the LEO will want the glory on this one, so even if the Marine did get the guy, it would not fit any narrative the administration, media, or most law enforcement would agree with.
View Quote

DERP. The autopsy is a matter of public record / will be a matter of public record. Even if the Jihadist was only wounded by 9mm and eventually KIA by 45 or 556 its still a win for troops carrying for self defense.
Link Posted: 7/21/2015 10:28:59 PM EDT
[#26]
And then there are people like you that despise the fact an LEO may have actually done something brave or heroic.
This narrative goes against the arfcom wet dream of good for nothing coward JBTs.

Quoted:
View Quote

Link Posted: 7/21/2015 11:01:35 PM EDT
[#27]

Quoted:
No, I already signed off on the Line of Duty investigation prior to the FBI primary report.  Either way we caulking the guns up to guns stored in cars.
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

And the next part will be "federal investigators are trying to determine if they can charge the dead Marine with carrying a weapon on federal property".

Yup. Wonder if SGLI will fuck his family over this.

No, I already signed off on the Line of Duty investigation prior to the FBI primary report.  Either way we caulking the guns up to guns stored in cars.

Link Posted: 7/21/2015 11:17:15 PM EDT
[#28]

Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

My spider sense is tingling.

are you advocating for them not to be armed ?

Link Posted: 7/22/2015 6:23:21 AM EDT
[#29]
Fox news has this now.  They're saying that a Navy officer, LCDR White, also fired back with his personal sidearm.

The Marine definitely returned fire, if the Glock was his.  The Glock had been fired.

Fox news report

It is against Defense Department policy for anyone but military police or law enforcement to carry weapons on federal property. It was not immediately clear whether White would face disciplinary action.
View Quote
Link Posted: 7/22/2015 6:28:55 AM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:
Fox news has this now.  They're saying that a Navy officer, Lt. White, also fired back with his personal sidearm.

The Marine definitely returned fire, if the Glock was his.  The Glock had been fired.

Fox news report

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Fox news has this now.  They're saying that a Navy officer, Lt. White, also fired back with his personal sidearm.

Fox news report

It is against Defense Department policy for anyone but military police or law enforcement to carry weapons on federal property. It was not immediately clear whether White would face disciplinary action.

Was not his Glock, it belong to another one of the Marines who handed it to him
Link Posted: 7/22/2015 6:31:22 AM EDT
[#31]
Nevermind.  Someone who actually knows what is going on is doing good things.

Link Posted: 7/22/2015 6:35:10 AM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Fox news report

Sir, thank you...
Link Posted: 7/22/2015 6:36:48 AM EDT
[#33]
nvm.  

Quoted:
Nevermind.  Someone who actually knows what is going on is doing good things.
View Quote

Link Posted: 7/22/2015 6:51:53 AM EDT
[#34]
Tagging for more info as it becomes available.
Link Posted: 7/22/2015 6:54:06 AM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:
I wouldn't doubt he may have hesitated due to a fear of "getting in trouble" for having an unauthorized POW in the office.

View Quote

Honestly?  I can't see it.  All the Marines I've ever met and got to know would've attempted to empty their magazine first to stop the threat, and dealt with the consequences later.
Link Posted: 7/22/2015 7:02:58 AM EDT
[#36]

Quoted:

Honestly?  I can't see it.  All the Marines I've ever met and got to know would've attempted to empty their magazine first to stop the threat, and dealt with the consequences later.

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

I'd pretty much guarantee he didn't worry about ramifications.
Link Posted: 7/22/2015 7:13:09 AM EDT
[#37]
R0N I am eternally sorry for the loss of your Marines. I hope you know that your actions in taking care of the affairs of those who met the enemy to give others the ability to escape speak infinitely to the honor, courage, and commitment of the organization you lead. I hope that your example gives strength to those officers, enlisted, and civilians who question the "right thing to do" when the war follows us home. You guys embody what the Corps is made of. RIP marines.
Link Posted: 7/22/2015 7:16:52 AM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

I am 100% positive if it was my son he wouldn't give a damn about consequences if he could have saved one life...  RIP Marines...
Link Posted: 7/22/2015 7:32:23 AM EDT
[#39]
Thanks RON for the accurate updated information.

Posted Via AR15.Com Mobile
Link Posted: 7/22/2015 8:29:02 AM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:
Thanks RON for the accurate updated information.

Posted Via AR15.Com Mobile
View Quote

Link Posted: 7/22/2015 8:43:17 AM EDT
[#41]

The posters saying the investigators don't know what they are about are all wet. They know exactly what

they are doing. Figuring out a way to spin this in the most politically expedient fashion possible.
Link Posted: 7/22/2015 8:43:26 AM EDT
[#42]
It is not Lt. White, it is Lt. Commander White.  Big difference.  Lt. Commander White was the C.O. of the Naval Operations Support Center, and used his personal firearm to engage the attacker.  The Devil Dog also engaged the shooter and died fighting.  

God Bless both of them!  

A CO that says "Fuck the rules, I will defend my people!" is my kind of CO.  Make him an Admiral.  

Link Posted: 7/22/2015 8:44:29 AM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:
R0N I am eternally sorry for the loss of your Marines. I hope you know that your actions in taking care of the affairs of those who met the enemy to give others the ability to escape speak infinitely to the honor, courage, and commitment of the organization you lead. I hope that your example gives strength to those officers, enlisted, and civilians who question the "right thing to do" when the war follows us home. You guys embody what the Corps is made of. RIP marines.
View Quote

Well said!
Link Posted: 7/22/2015 8:51:29 AM EDT
[#44]
To Valhalla
Semper Fi
Link Posted: 7/22/2015 9:58:53 AM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:

Well said!
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Well said!

Very.  

Link Posted: 7/22/2015 10:03:59 AM EDT
[#46]
I am sure he returned fire and hit the snack bar in the fruit roll up.
Link Posted: 7/22/2015 10:27:10 AM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:
View Quote

RIP Marines.
Link Posted: 7/22/2015 10:49:09 AM EDT
[#48]
LEO and Marines are doing a press conference at 1200 local time.   The division commander will act as the Marine Corps spokesman
Link Posted: 7/22/2015 10:59:53 AM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
They know , they just haven't got their stories together of how they want to present this.

Link Posted: 7/22/2015 11:14:06 AM EDT
[#50]

Quoted:

Died a warrior, weapon in hand.

There is a place at the table in Valhalla for this Marine.
View Quote

Page / 4
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top