Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 4
Link Posted: 7/22/2015 11:53:53 AM EDT
[#1]
Quoted:
LEO and Marines are doing a press conference at 1200 local time.   The division commander will act as the Marine Corps spokesman
View Quote

Link to the live feed for the abovementioned 1200 EDT press conference ...
http://www.krdo.com/news/live-chattanooga-shooting-press-conference/34294336

This one might work better ...
http://www.wrcbtv.com/category/254193/live-video-stream
Link Posted: 7/22/2015 12:02:50 PM EDT
[#2]
Thanks L_JE!

DFM
Link Posted: 7/22/2015 12:08:11 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

We will know. There are Arfcommers close to those events, as I understand it.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
If the Marine capped the guy we will never know.

We will know. There are Arfcommers close to those events, as I understand it.

I hope so.

Link Posted: 7/22/2015 12:08:28 PM EDT
[#4]
"But, the bravest are surely those who have the clearest vision of what is before them, glory and danger alike, and yet notwithstanding, go out to meet it."
-Thucydides

Link Posted: 7/22/2015 12:10:27 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
If Glock was there and didn't kill the shooter this will be used to say "see a CCW or weapon at the scene of the shooting doesn't make a difference" "this was a trained professional and he couldn't stop the shooter so how can a citizen CCW'er possibly make any difference?"

Wish the Marines did have guns and did return fire and did kill the bastard.
View Quote

Link Posted: 7/22/2015 12:13:46 PM EDT
[#6]
Semper Fi.
Link Posted: 7/22/2015 12:16:13 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

I thought the popo made it pretty clear that they mowed him down.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
huh.  

If true, too bad the marine wasn't able to cap the guy.

If true, what's to say he didn't?

I thought the popo made it pretty clear that they mowed him down.

A buddy on Chat. SWAT is telling me they haven't let anyone see the body or much of the evidence yet.
Link Posted: 7/22/2015 12:19:39 PM EDT
[#8]
Nothing released in the press conference indicated Marines had firearms or returned fire.

Awaiting more evidence to be released.

Edit

The video was cutting out but I think they just said a marines personal handgun was recovered and shots were fired from it but it was not confirmed if shooter was wounded by it.
Link Posted: 7/22/2015 12:20:12 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

Was not his Glock, it belong to another one of the Marines who handed it to him
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Fox news has this now.  They're saying that a Navy officer, Lt. White, also fired back with his personal sidearm.

The Marine definitely returned fire, if the Glock was his.  The Glock had been fired.

Fox news report

It is against Defense Department policy for anyone but military police or law enforcement to carry weapons on federal property. It was not immediately clear whether White would face disciplinary action.

Was not his Glock, it belong to another one of the Marines who handed it to him

I Like you.  You are a good guy.  Seriously, awesome stuff!
Link Posted: 7/22/2015 12:21:40 PM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:

Nothing relesed in the press conference indicated Marines had firearms or returned fire.

View Quote
They just said yes, 2 military members had firearms and did fire shots

Link Posted: 7/22/2015 12:22:36 PM EDT
[#11]
For the love of fuck.

The question just asked was "were any of the victims killed by police responding?  Any friendly fire?"
Link Posted: 7/22/2015 12:23:41 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Nothing relesed in the press conference indicated Marines had firearms or returned fire.

I heard through the signal loss and edited my post.
Link Posted: 7/22/2015 12:24:43 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
For the love of fuck.

The question just asked was "were any of the victims killed by police responding?  Any friendly fire?"
View Quote

It pisses me off. They try to find anything they can to deflect from the psycho that entered and killed innocent poeple.

Now modified weapons? WTF?
Link Posted: 7/22/2015 12:24:58 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

FBI guy said at least one was fired.
Link Posted: 7/22/2015 12:26:09 PM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:

There is some stuff that will probably come out in tomorrows press conference

The Marine in question did save others lives by re-entering the HTC's fenced area and preventing the Jihadi from following the group that went over the fence.
View Quote

Thanks, R0N.

Link Posted: 7/22/2015 12:26:26 PM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:
It pisses me off. They try to find anything they can to deflect from the psycho that entered and killed innocent poeple.

Now modified weapons? WTF
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

For the love of fuck.

They also asked if any of the victims were hit by shots fired by the military members
Link Posted: 7/22/2015 12:29:03 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
If they mowed him down the suspect may have been distracted or moved because the Marine struck him or fired on his position.

If ballistics prove this to be true that a round from the Glock struck the suspect or near where the suspect was during the firefight and the police say or FBI says this was a contributing factor to the suspects demise I think it will add fuel to the fire of the right to conceal carry. As in at leas the man had a fighting chance and used it to his advantage.

Look how that guy in LV is still mentioned to this day right along side the cops that died that day. A total civilian that even thouh he died he was attempting to the right thing.
View Quote

Link Posted: 7/22/2015 12:29:54 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

"See! being armed didn't help and return fire was only dangerous to bystanders!"

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
My spider sense is tingling.

"See! being armed didn't help and return fire was only dangerous to bystanders!"

The same mentality would hold true for cops.  In particular, New York Police.  They have a proven track record of capping bystanders.
Link Posted: 7/22/2015 12:30:29 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
  They also asked if any of the victims were hit by shots fired by the military members
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
For the love of fuck.

It is a legit question and I am glad it was answered.
Link Posted: 7/22/2015 12:31:32 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
Nothing released in the press conference indicated Marines had firearms or returned fire.

Edit

The video was cutting out but I think they just said a marines personal handgun was recovered and shots were fired from it but it was not confirmed if shooter was wounded by it.
View Quote

They just said at the conference that of all the recovered guns, one of the non shooters guns had in fact been discharged.
Link Posted: 7/22/2015 12:33:21 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

They just said at the conference that of all the recovered guns, one of the non shooters guns had in fact been discharged.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Edit

Finish reading. I edited.
Link Posted: 7/22/2015 12:33:46 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
If the Marine capped the guy we they will never tell us know.
View Quote

Link Posted: 7/22/2015 12:36:38 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
If the Marine capped the guy we they will never tell us know.

Link Posted: 7/22/2015 4:45:36 PM EDT
[#24]
This story hit CNN:  CNN

According to the article, the Marine's fire was not effective.
Link Posted: 7/22/2015 4:50:11 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
are there fucking empty shells on the ground?! what fucking idiots!
MAY have? stupid shits!  GSR on his hand, barrel? shells? hole size in glass?
FUCKING BLOOD on sidewalk!

HOW DO THESE DIPSHITS GET POSITION!
View Quote

Facts take time. GD gets pissed when preliminary info later proves wrong.
Link Posted: 7/22/2015 5:02:15 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:

View Quote

The Marine was probably using a pistol.  I know that I am not a marksman with a pistol especially at longer distances.  I can't fault someone for not neutralizing a bad guy in that situation.
Link Posted: 7/22/2015 5:09:01 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
huh.  

View Quote

IF ITS TRUE THE marine is in serious danger of ucmj action I want this story to be true I want the recruiter to come out OK but as I said in other threads a 9mm glock would have been all but worthless in that scenario at least he had something. I doubt any of this is true though.
Link Posted: 7/22/2015 5:19:18 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:

The Marine was probably using a pistol.  I know that I am not a marksman with a pistol especially at longer distances.  I can't fault someone for not neutralizing a bad guy in that situation.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Yeah, I should clarify that I was hoping he got a piece of the bastard, not that he wasn't proficient.
Link Posted: 7/22/2015 5:21:16 PM EDT
[#29]

Read the thread.  It's a good one.  

Link Posted: 7/22/2015 5:27:36 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:

View Quote

Guess that depends on your point of view.  Tango left the AO to fuck with other people instead of coming inside to do more damage.  

Link Posted: 7/22/2015 5:36:00 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:

Guess that depends on your point of view.  Tango left the AO to fuck with other people instead of coming inside to do more damage.  

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Not according to the article. The bastard fired into the building after being fired upon, and then forced his way inside. Interestingly, the article makes it sound like the Marine may have fired first. If true, that is superb situational awareness and reaction time.
Link Posted: 7/22/2015 5:37:30 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:
If Glock was there and didn't kill the shooter this will be used to say "see a CCW or weapon at the scene of the shooting doesn't make a difference" "this was a trained professional and he couldn't stop the shooter so how can a citizen CCW'er possibly make any difference?"

View Quote

How many SMs/civilians were at the reserve center at the time of the shooter?

(I know you're not making the point you outlined, just preparing to address that inevitable talking point from the left)
Link Posted: 7/22/2015 5:40:02 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:
If it's true, they should prosecute the Marine posthumously for some violation of UCMJ. /sarcasm
View Quote

dude don't joke about this shit I promise someone is trying to right now.
Link Posted: 7/22/2015 5:41:59 PM EDT
[#34]

Quoted:

Get Some!
View Quote
Sadly no 15er

This, if true, will only be twisted into a "see! Look, he had a gun and it did nothing!! If he hadn't had a gun and had run/hid he might still be live!!" Bull shit by the media. Or it will be buried so that no one can argue how many lives he might have saved that day... Gun, what gun?
Link Posted: 7/22/2015 5:43:49 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:

IF ITS TRUE THE marine is in serious danger of ucmj action I want this story to be true I want the recruiter to come out OK but as I said in other threads a 9mm glock would have been all but worthless in that scenario at least he had something. I doubt any of this is true though.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
huh.  

1) The only military person who used a privately-owned weapon to engage the terrorist and survive was a sailor, not a Marine. The Marine who engaged him died, so UCMJ action would be impossible. Never mind the fact that the Marine's commander has replied within the thread and stated that the Line of Duty investigation has cleared the Marine.

2) The personnel who engaged the terrorist were the NSOC Commander and a GySgt filling an I&I billet. Neither were recruiters. None of the recruiters at the first target returned fire and are not facing any UCMJ action.

3) A pistol is anything but all but worthless. If nothing else, it likely served as good suppressive fire, causing the terrorist to stop, take cover, and rethink his plan, thereby allowing the cops with rifles to get into positions from which they could engage. From what R0N has said, it appears as if the GySgt used the pistol to draw the attention and fire of the terrorist, allowing others to escape with their lives.

In a perfect world, that Gunny would still be alive to collect on the infinite number of beers the world owes him. Since that's not possible, I hope he is properly recognized for his valorous engagement of an enemy of America. A Silver Star would be a good start.
Link Posted: 7/22/2015 5:48:30 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:

View Quote

Not effective as in he didn't hit the bad guy, or not effective as in the bad guy never even knew there was return fire?

Posted Via AR15.Com Mobile
Link Posted: 7/22/2015 6:01:49 PM EDT
[#37]

In a perfect world, that Gunny would still be alive to collect on the infinite number of beers the world owes him. Since that's not possible, I hope he is properly recognized for his valorous engagement of an enemy of America. A Silver Star would be a good start.
View Quote

I would like to see that myself.

Local cop and retired marine did his paperwork in front of the local recruiting station yesterday. Police chief thought it was a good idea so they are going to make it a habit.

Link Posted: 7/22/2015 8:19:54 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:

Not effective as in he didn't hit the bad guy, or not effective as in the bad guy never even knew there was return fire?

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

The article makes it sound like the Marine fired on the bad guy first, but then the bad guy returned fire into the building before forcing his way inside. A Marine inside the building was killed, and its implied it was the man that fired on the bad guy.
Link Posted: 7/22/2015 8:28:35 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:

The article makes it sound like the Marine fired on the bad guy first, but then the bad guy returned fire into the building before forcing his way inside. A Marine inside the building was killed, and its implied it was the man that fired on the bad guy.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

If this is what they are saying I wonder how they know this?  

Link Posted: 7/22/2015 8:44:28 PM EDT
[#40]
R0N,

please accept the condolences from our family to the men and women of your unit on the deaths and injuries of your men.
thank you for taking care of them.
Link Posted: 7/22/2015 8:45:31 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:
R0N I am eternally sorry for the loss of your Marines. I hope you know that your actions in taking care of the affairs of those who met the enemy to give others the ability to escape speak infinitely to the honor, courage, and commitment of the organization you lead. I hope that your example gives strength to those officers, enlisted, and civilians who question the "right thing to do" when the war follows us home. You guys embody what the Corps is made of. RIP marines.
View Quote

absolutely.
Link Posted: 7/23/2015 12:51:58 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:
R0N I am eternally sorry for the loss of your Marines. I hope you know that your actions in taking care of the affairs of those who met the enemy to give others the ability to escape speak infinitely to the honor, courage, and commitment of the organization you lead. I hope that your example gives strength to those officers, enlisted, and civilians who question the "right thing to do" when the war follows us home. You guys embody what the Corps is made of. RIP marines.
View Quote

I really don't think there is a better way to put that.
Link Posted: 7/23/2015 1:01:33 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:

View Quote

Well...a handgun against a long gun is little to no match in most instances unless you're lucky.  Took some balls to face down a man with an AK with a Glock.  
Link Posted: 7/23/2015 1:06:29 PM EDT
[#44]
R0N...sorry for the loss of your fellow brethren.
Link Posted: 7/23/2015 2:39:23 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:
R0N...sorry for the loss of your fellow brethren.
View Quote

Not just fellow brethren, those guys were his marines.  
Link Posted: 7/23/2015 2:47:06 PM EDT
[#46]

Quoted:

If they mowed him down the suspect may have been distracted or moved because the Marine struck him or fired on his position.

If ballistics prove this to be true that a round from the Glock struck the suspect or near where the suspect was during the firefight and the police say or FBI says this was a contributing factor to the suspects demise I think it will add fuel to the fire of the right to conceal carry. As in at leas the man had a fighting chance and used it to his advantage.

Look how that guy in LV is still mentioned to this day right along side the cops that died that day. A total civilian that even thouh he died he was attempting to the right thing.
View Quote
What guy in Las Vegas?

Link Posted: 7/23/2015 2:54:30 PM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:
are there fucking empty shells on the ground?! what fucking idiots!
MAY have? stupid shits!  GSR on his hand, barrel? shells? hole size in glass?
FUCKING BLOOD on sidewalk!

HOW DO THESE DIPSHITS GET POSITION!
View Quote

Because they crosscheck every conclusion and statement with the political commisars to maintain the correct Official Version.
Link Posted: 8/2/2015 4:55:31 AM EDT
[#48]
Reports now that LCDR is being charged with discharging a firearm on federal property.  

http://www.thegatewaypundit.com/2015/08/report-navy-officer-who-fired-on-islamist-during-chattanooga-terror-attack-will-be-charged/

Link Posted: 8/2/2015 5:07:17 AM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:
If the Marine was armed contrary to regs, then God bless him and America!
View Quote

This administration and it's thugs at DOJ will make an example of him.

Link Posted: 8/2/2015 5:10:25 AM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:
They know , they just haven't got their stories together of how they want to present this.
View Quote

Indeed. Right now they're discussing the pro's and cons's of the incident and trying to be politically correct. If they cry the guys that had private guns the public outrage will be nasty, if they don't they appear weak to subordinates and it would likely encourage others to break that regulation.

It's a real hot potatoe for leaders who care more for their career than the men they serve with.
Page / 4
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top