Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 5
Link Posted: 7/8/2015 1:57:59 AM EDT
[#1]
The biggest Apple fan I know went with a Samsung smart watch instead of the iPhone... That says something.

Posted Via AR15.Com Mobile
Link Posted: 7/8/2015 1:59:49 AM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

lol.... And folks wonder why divorce rates are sky high.... " Look at me I have all this money, and a fancy watch" 5 years later.." whoa is me, she left me took half my stuff, she even took my computer, and now I cant play world of war craft"
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
The last time I wore a watch, I was 12. Even my 12 year old brain managed to understand watch = vagina repellant....

http://b-i.forbesimg.com/arieladams/files/2013/09/Rolex-Submariner-116610-LN7.jpg

More like vagina moistener

lol.... And folks wonder why divorce rates are sky high.... " Look at me I have all this money, and a fancy watch" 5 years later.." whoa is me, she left me took half my stuff, she even took my computer, and now I cant play world of war craft"

Good thing I don't wear them for other people I wear them because I like them. I like to look at them.
Link Posted: 7/8/2015 2:06:33 AM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

The last time I wore a watch, I was 12. Even my 12 year old brain managed to understand watch = vagina repellant....

http://b-i.forbesimg.com/arieladams/files/2013/09/Rolex-Submariner-116610-LN7.jpg

"look at me I have all this beauty and cosmetics" 5 years later.. "whoahhhh is me, drunk grammar and spelling, blahblah"

People just shouldn't try and we shouldn't shower and wear burkas and then we'd only ever get married for each others' personalities and there would be no divorce and unicorns would sprout from rainbows that ended in a pot of gold in every back yard.

You won that argument. Only children and idiots wear watches. Why would anyone want to improve the way they look with jewelry or accessories or clothes or makeup or haircuts or soap? Silliness.

Link Posted: 7/8/2015 2:06:35 AM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

Good thing I don't wear them for other people I wear them because I like them. I like to look at them.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

I kind of get that... My skoal ring in my jeans is pretty cool, sadly I cant see it..... Chicks dig it though...
Link Posted: 7/8/2015 2:07:49 AM EDT
[#5]
Have one and it's good but not great. I look forward to the next software update which will allow 3rd party apps. Being my 6+is bent my watch must be within 5 feet of my phone or its worthless. Like the original iPhone it will take a few years to catch on.

I honestly could live without it but it's nice to have.
Link Posted: 7/8/2015 2:10:09 AM EDT
[#6]
I told myself I'd never own a smart watch. I'm now wearing an LG Watch Urbane with a Panerai-ish strap and I'm almost convinced it will be useful. So far,  it's only shown its worth at work where checking my phone would cause issues. I did the Fenix 2 thing and wasn't very impressed. I'm getting about 2 days on a charge with the LG. Android Wear has some pretty cool watch faces and watch face utilities. The biggest issue so far has been seeing the face in bright daylight.
Link Posted: 7/8/2015 2:16:12 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
"look at me I have all this beauty and cosmetics" 5 years later.. "whoahhhh is me, drunk grammar and spelling, blahblah"

People just shouldn't try and we shouldn't shower and wear burkas and then we'd only ever get married for each others' personalities and there would be no divorce and unicorns would sprout from rainbows that ended in a pot of gold in every back yard.

You won that argument. Only children and idiots wear watches. Why would anyone want to improve the way they look with jewelry or accessories or clothes or makeup or haircuts or soap? Silliness.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Whoa..... calm down I never said idiots wear watches... I simply pointed out the fact that man complains about " whoa is me my trophy wife left me" yet.... here we have a classic example of " Ladys look at me, Im so fancy".. It's like make up and a push up bra... Only for men.  Trust me If I had the money when I was younger, your damn right Id slap a rolex on in hopes of getting some premium tail
Link Posted: 7/8/2015 2:18:25 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
View Quote

LOL you have no idea what you are talking about. You must be all of about 18.
Link Posted: 7/8/2015 2:22:15 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

I love Apple, always have and likely always will. But, the iWatch is a steaming, wearable turd.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
A thread bashing Apple.

I love Apple, always have and likely always will. But, the iWatch is a steaming, wearable turd.

Not so much you, it is just funny to read posts from members that underestimate the company, have no clue and think they may of known better and bash em'. It is comedy to watch(pun intended) ARF members pick apart one of the most successful publicly traded companies in the history of the world.
I actually purchased additional (significant) stock prior to the release of the watch.  Questionable move? arguably but, I believe in the company and it's history.
Ftr - I own nothing Apple related, wife owns an iPad so put your fan boy comments in another thread.
Link Posted: 7/8/2015 2:22:55 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

I kind of get that... My skoal ring in my jeans is pretty cool, sadly I cant see it..... Chicks dig it though...
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Hahaha where do you live? And how old are you/ these chicks?
Link Posted: 7/8/2015 2:25:07 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
No standalone GPS; no deal. I went with a Fenix 3 instead regardless of it being marketed to a completely different segment.
View Quote

The Fenix 3 is much more aesthetically pleasing (both in design and graphics) compared to the Apple watch.
Link Posted: 7/8/2015 2:25:34 AM EDT
[#12]
I have a Samsung Gear S, it's an Android phone mirror but when out of range it's actually a real life Dick Tracy phone too!

I wear either that or my Citizen Skyhawk S with scratches on the quartz face and all, because my watches get fucking used. I'll flip my wrist to see what time it is, fuck fishing a phone out of a pocket or briefcase.
Link Posted: 7/8/2015 2:27:27 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

And?

Rolex is catnip to gold-diggers, and therefore destroys your argument. Plus a nice watch makes a nice wardrobe which in turns attracts more vagina.

FWIW, I don't wear watches anymore because technology.
Link Posted: 7/8/2015 2:29:05 AM EDT
[#14]
IMac Retina - Check
iPad - Check
MacBook Pro - Check
iPhone - Check
Apple Watch - I wouldn't even wear one if it was free.
Link Posted: 7/8/2015 2:30:26 AM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
A thread bashing Apple.
View Quote

Naw, we're just bashing a wristwatch that requires 2-1/2 hours of down-time every day to "rewind".

400 years ago, your wristwatch might have required rewinding every day - But it only took 15 seconds to do it.
Link Posted: 7/8/2015 2:30:58 AM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

my best guess is he doesn't realize there are watches out there other than digital ones.
Link Posted: 7/8/2015 2:34:49 AM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:

Whoa..... calm down I never said idiots wear watches... I simply pointed out the fact that man complains about " whoa is me my trophy wife left me" yet.... here we have a classic example of " Ladys look at me, Im so fancy".. It's like make up and a push up bra... Only for men.  Trust me If I had the money when I was younger, your damn right Id slap a rolex on in hopes of getting some premium tail
View Quote
A 75-$150 watch can still work well enough so long as the women don't actually know anything about watches. Just like how a woman doesn't need a $2000 necklace to have her looks improved by one. They mostly just see something shiny on your wrist that looks nice. And if it's <$100 and the woman actually is a gold digger, she'll recognize it as cheap and pass, so it has a positive sorting effect while also improving your appearance.

Just like how a decent pair of shoes improves how you look compared to a pair of flip flops, even if the shoes aren't $1500 Gucci whatevers.

Link Posted: 7/8/2015 2:35:01 AM EDT
[#18]
Link Posted: 7/8/2015 2:37:54 AM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

You know what it does better? It sits on your wrist, as easy to see as checking the time... IMHO the purpose of a smart watch is so that you don't have to go dig your phone out of your pocket to see who just sent you a txt message or email... you can simply glance at your wrist and decide if the archeological dig into your pants is worth it in that particular instance.

One other aspect I think would be useful would be in an office with 123478396 people that have smartphones dinging, beeping, bleeping, ringing and otherwise making constant noises could be silenced. I remember at a previous job when I started using an iPhone for official mail and such. In short order, everyone was. Then there were all the dings, pings, gongs, and rings going off and EVERYONE had to look at their damn phone to see if it was theirs.

If you have something like an Apple Watch or one of the Android smart watches, you don't really have to put up with that shit... it just gives you a quick buzz when you receive a notification. No need to announce to everyone in a 50 yard radius that you just got a text message.

It is also about choice. You don't HAVE to have one... it's just a nice option.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
There's nothing the Apple Watch does that my iPhone can't do far, far better. I'm surprised they sold as many watches as they did.

You know what it does better? It sits on your wrist, as easy to see as checking the time... IMHO the purpose of a smart watch is so that you don't have to go dig your phone out of your pocket to see who just sent you a txt message or email... you can simply glance at your wrist and decide if the archeological dig into your pants is worth it in that particular instance.

One other aspect I think would be useful would be in an office with 123478396 people that have smartphones dinging, beeping, bleeping, ringing and otherwise making constant noises could be silenced. I remember at a previous job when I started using an iPhone for official mail and such. In short order, everyone was. Then there were all the dings, pings, gongs, and rings going off and EVERYONE had to look at their damn phone to see if it was theirs.

If you have something like an Apple Watch or one of the Android smart watches, you don't really have to put up with that shit... it just gives you a quick buzz when you receive a notification. No need to announce to everyone in a 50 yard radius that you just got a text message.

I never saw the point of this thing, you post makes kinda sense but two issues I think I may have. One charging it very day. There is no way I would remember. That all the time. Also the battery on my iPhone sucks I'm constantly going flat. It's a work phone so gets a lot of use don't alway have access to a charger.

Two how useful can that small screen be I have trouble reading the text on the phone.
Link Posted: 7/8/2015 2:57:26 AM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

my best guess is he doesn't realize there are watches out there other than digital ones.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Lol, I had a digital watch once, I was 12 ... Seriously, this a gun forum, yet here we are grown men arguing about a bracelet that tells time..........
Link Posted: 7/8/2015 3:03:38 AM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
IMac Retina - Check
iPad - Check
MacBook Pro - Check
iPhone - Check
Apple Watch - I wouldn't even wear one if it was free.
View Quote

This.
Link Posted: 7/8/2015 4:19:03 AM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:

So much butthurt
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
There's nothing the Apple Watch does that my iPhone can't do far, far better. I'm surprised they sold as many watches as they did.

Oh look, the guy who was pimping the POS Volt is pimping the POS iWatch

"pimping"?  I've had my Volt for 2 years now and have had a grand total of 1 problem - a nail in a tire. Local dealer replaced the tire 100% under warranty. I've never tried to sell them here or in any other forum, I mostly just try to dispel all the silly underinformed ignorance about them. This isn't the thread for it, but your assumption that it is a POS is childish, silly, and misinformed.

But you can proceed to attack me in this unrelated thread if you want. I don't have an Apple Watch and I'm certainly not "pimping" it.

So much butthurt

Yeah... I go into threads to call out people for unrelated things. You're good for a laugh or two. It's always fun to laugh at the 'tards who can't help but out themselves.

Go pat yourself on the back, but don't strain your shoulder too badly.

Let me ask you a few questions here. I'm serious, and I want to know. You obviously don't agree with what I've said about smart watches, so:

Why do you feel the need to bring up something else I like that you don't when it is entirely unrelated to this topic?
Is it a "stop liking what I don't like" thing?
Or do you think this makes you appear smarter or superior to me in an attempt to somehow invalidate my comments?  
Do you feel that putting others down makes you smarter/better/stronger/more manly/superior?
Do you think you're "outing a libtard" or something, like a witch hunt among friends? (we're all here because of our similar interests, even if all of our interests are not similar)

Help me understand man. I'm sure you're man enough to answer my questions honestly.
Link Posted: 7/8/2015 5:33:36 AM EDT
[#23]
I know one person with one. I only know of three people total with smart watches.

I had a smart watch for a week or so. Returned it. Whole concept is horribly gimmicky at this point.  I'm not against it at all... it just isn't quite there yet.
Link Posted: 7/8/2015 6:03:22 AM EDT
[#24]
Link Posted: 7/8/2015 6:14:24 AM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
View Quote

If the girl is looking at your watch, you're doing it wrong.

As for the Apple watch, if it was $100, I MIGHT think about getting one since I don't have a Smartphone.

Link Posted: 7/8/2015 6:21:29 AM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
Because it's fucking dumb.
View Quote

Link Posted: 7/8/2015 6:32:48 AM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
I know one person with one. I only know of three people total with smart watches.

I had a smart watch for a week or so. Returned it. Whole concept is horribly gimmicky at this point.  I'm not against it at all... it just isn't quite there yet.
View Quote

I agree - it's not quite there yet. I have found it incredibly convenient that my Fitbit pops up caller ID data when my phone rings though - just knowing who is trying to call me without pulling my phone out, especially while driving is way more convenient than I ever would have thought it to be.
Link Posted: 7/8/2015 6:47:45 AM EDT
[#28]

Quoted:

View Quote
Every time you dig your phone out of your pocket, ask yourself "would I need to have done that if I had an Apple Watch?".

I think that's part of the appeal; the phone becomes less necessary. This is especially true with people who are really tied into frequent texts, alerts, e-mails, brief phone calls, schedule changes, etc.

Not saying it's for everyone (I don't own one), but for a lot of people it's helpful, and they notice their phone charge lasts much longer.
Link Posted: 7/8/2015 6:58:05 AM EDT
[#29]
That news story is based on a report that uses very suspect data.  Marketwatch is always bashing Apple.  

Apple Watch will do very well when Apple's quarterly report later is released this month.  

Don't fall for the click bait.  

I love my Apple Watch, use it for more than I thought I would and I am not early exploiting it to its fullest potential.
Link Posted: 7/8/2015 6:59:07 AM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:
View Quote

I didn't know omega made vagina repellant .....

I'll get rid of it right away sir
Link Posted: 7/8/2015 7:00:57 AM EDT
[#31]
One of the attorneys I work with has one. I don't see the appeal.
Link Posted: 7/8/2015 7:02:50 AM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:
Because it's fucking dumb.
View Quote

Link Posted: 7/8/2015 7:14:23 AM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:

I agree - it's not quite there yet. I have found it incredibly convenient that my Fitbit pops up caller ID data when my phone rings though - just knowing who is trying to call me without pulling my phone out, especially while driving is way more convenient than I ever would have thought it to be.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

That's kinda one of the minor things I think a smartwatch should be good for. It should first and foremost be a watch - a place where you can get the time, just like any other watch. (smart watches do offer HUGE flexibility in watch faces. I think Android Wear has THOUSANDS of different watch faces you can use. A lot of the first ones were literally pictures of high-end watches made to be animated... anyway)

Next they need to give you relevant information at a glance. My favorite watch faces on my 360 not only show me the time, but will show me the date, day, month, and outside temperature and basic weather condition. I can get this all at a glance.

Caller ID, and other notifications come up as well that allow you to decide whether or not to interact with your phone.

As far as "not there yet", I only want a few simple improvements - better screen, more efficient processor and longer battery life. Recharging daily isn't as much of a hassle as one might think... but still 3-7 days would be more awesomer.
Link Posted: 7/8/2015 7:16:09 AM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:
No standalone GPS; no deal. I went with a Fenix 3 instead regardless of it being marketed to a completely different segment.
View Quote

Same here.  I can deal with the shitty battery life if it has built in GPS and bluetooth.  It doesn't so fuckem.  

I don't need a wrist worn display for my phone (and an ugly as shit and expensive one to boot).
Link Posted: 7/8/2015 7:18:12 AM EDT
[#35]

There's a sucker born every minute.
Link Posted: 7/8/2015 7:24:25 AM EDT
[#36]
I only know one person with one.  She makes about $95k, so she doesn't really care.

Even busboys have a smart phone, but no one is scratching pennies together to get the watch.
Link Posted: 7/8/2015 7:26:30 AM EDT
[#37]
They scream douche bag to me
Link Posted: 7/8/2015 7:27:10 AM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:
I only know one person with one.  She makes about $95k, so she doesn't really care.

Even busboys have a smart phone, but no one is scratching pennies together to get the watch.
View Quote

Part of the problem is Americans don't usually buy said smartphone outright.  They finance it over two years via our shitty cell phone "plans".  If that garbage didn't exist and phones were $600, lots of busboys would be using flip phones instead.  

The solution is obviously to get ATT, Sprint, etc. to bundle a stupid fucking watch with said $600 phone and sell them together on the low low monthly installment plan to the idiots.
Link Posted: 7/8/2015 7:32:42 AM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:
View Quote

What are you talking about?    

Serious question:  are you saying that kids today can't wear watches for fear of it being a turn off?    

What culture is this?

Can any other young men confirm this?
Link Posted: 7/8/2015 7:37:45 AM EDT
[#40]

Quoted:
What the fuck are you talking about?     Serious question:  are you saying that kids today can't wear watches for fear of it being a turn off?    

What culture is this?

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

What the fuck are you talking about?     Serious question:  are you saying that kids today can't wear watches for fear of it being a turn off?    

What culture is this?

Men now don't wear a watch because it "ages" them, since everyone has a phone.

I can't speak for 12 year olds.
Link Posted: 7/8/2015 7:40:47 AM EDT
[#41]
iPhone 5 and this:

Link Posted: 7/8/2015 7:41:53 AM EDT
[#42]

Timeless
Link Posted: 7/8/2015 7:43:49 AM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

I am actually really intrigued by your comments.   I'd like to know more about your culture, if you could spare a few moments.

Where do you life?  

When were you borne?    
What would be the average income for an adult in your area?    

What would be a "good income?"    

Are you White?    Hispanic?   Black?    Asian?      Other? (Describe).  

Do you live in the country?    Or City?    

Thanks.   This stuff fascinates me.  

Link Posted: 7/8/2015 7:43:54 AM EDT
[#44]
I'll never get rid of my Tag Carrera for something like an Apple watch.  Bleh.
Link Posted: 7/8/2015 7:44:26 AM EDT
[#45]
who the fuck wears a watch anymore?

talk about dead technology.
Link Posted: 7/8/2015 7:45:25 AM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Haha yeah THAT"S the cause.  Fucking double standards,  I tell my wife that she really can't say shit until the stuff on my wrist totals the useless rock on her finger.  Dudes will finance a $20k ring for their fiancees but it isn't ok for us to buy a few nice watches.

I tried one on and it was a cool novelty, but it's just that: a novelty.  $500-800 is too rich, if it were $200 or something I might be tempted.

For now I'll stick to my good ol mechanical goodness

Link Posted: 7/8/2015 7:46:46 AM EDT
[#47]
Apple copies Samsung and the results are the same, duh.

I'll take one of these

Link Posted: 7/8/2015 7:47:58 AM EDT
[#48]

Quoted:

View Quote

I can see wearing a dive computer, that's it.
Link Posted: 7/8/2015 7:48:46 AM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

What culture is this?

Is this universally true across all income groups?    

I work a job where everybody has a watch, almost part of the uniform,  and I've never heard of this.

What age group would you say it applies to?  
Link Posted: 7/8/2015 7:50:31 AM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

yeah if you're going diving.
Page / 5
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top