Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 5
Posted: 7/8/2015 12:35:55 AM EDT
Who didn't see this coming? Who thought wrist worn vagina repellant would be a good idea?

http://www.sfgate.com/technology/businessinsider/article/It-looks-like-Apple-Watch-sales-are-tanking-AAPL-6371615.php
Link Posted: 7/8/2015 12:37:11 AM EDT
[#1]
I think this is the first time I've seen/heard the phrase "Apple watch" since all the articles about people waiting in line all night to buy them right when they came out.
Link Posted: 7/8/2015 12:37:49 AM EDT
[#2]
Because it's fucking dumb.
Link Posted: 7/8/2015 12:38:14 AM EDT
[#3]
No standalone GPS; no deal. I went with a Fenix 3 instead regardless of it being marketed to a completely different segment.
Link Posted: 7/8/2015 12:38:16 AM EDT
[#4]
The idea is great, but Apple's execution was horribly flawed like always.
Link Posted: 7/8/2015 12:40:59 AM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
View Quote

For you.

I like the idea. But, it's just not there yet for me to make the jump. Then again, it's their first release...
Link Posted: 7/8/2015 12:41:28 AM EDT
[#6]
Well duh!

My observations are that the "iPad/iPhone" bunch do not wear watches since the phone or pad is always at hand (literally).

Watches are fading out as a time piece with the "techie" generation.

Link Posted: 7/8/2015 12:43:00 AM EDT
[#7]
Price is $150 too high for impulse buy territory.
Link Posted: 7/8/2015 12:46:13 AM EDT
[#8]
There's nothing the Apple Watch does that my iPhone can't do far, far better. I'm surprised they sold as many watches as they did.
Link Posted: 7/8/2015 12:47:03 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
View Quote

Aaaannd there it is
Link Posted: 7/8/2015 12:49:40 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

For you.

I like the idea. But, it's just not there yet for me to make the jump. Then again, it's their first release...
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

For you.

Since it's bombing, it seems like he's the majority. Usually Apple stuff doesn't bomb.

It might be cool it it were about 3" wide and worn on the forearm so you could actually use it and type on it.
Link Posted: 7/8/2015 12:50:57 AM EDT
[#11]
I've never even seen anyone wearing one yet
Link Posted: 7/8/2015 12:54:31 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
View Quote

I have!

... she works for Apple.  
Link Posted: 7/8/2015 12:55:52 AM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:

View Quote
Inconcievably so to most normal men, packed to the gills with 2 or 3 basic attributes and a price  to match a modern smart phone and 1/87th of the abilities .

Piece of shit lacks all but the most basic attributes and is not even an attractive trinket.

Fuck Jobs & crapple
Link Posted: 7/8/2015 12:58:11 AM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
View Quote

I rode an elevator with a guy that had one.  It looked nice, if not a bit big.  I'd never seen one, but asked him if it was the Apple watch and he said yes.  I brought up the ~4hr runtime and he said he can go a full day before charging.

Then the door opened and we parted ways.

Chris
Link Posted: 7/8/2015 12:59:37 AM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

Since it's bombing, it seems like he's the majority. Usually Apple stuff doesn't bomb.

It might be cool it it were about 3" wide and worn on the forearm so you could actually use it and type on it.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

For you.

Link Posted: 7/8/2015 1:02:53 AM EDT
[#16]
Apple made game changers with the iPod and iPhone. Apple watch is just a cash grab. Fanboi's will bite, while pragmatic consumers will avoid it. And it looks like the fanbois got their fill.

I've only seen one in the wild and it belongs to the gay hair stylist who cuts my hair.
Link Posted: 7/8/2015 1:04:07 AM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
View Quote

Nah, the way I see it, watches are very personal devices. Think about it, how many millions of people use iPhones that all look the same, but wear 2357092136 different styles of watches as EDW (everyday wear)? Not a lot of people will be attracted to the design.

I have a Moto360, and I like it. I like round watches with analog type dials, but I'm still VERY picky about what watches I like. I remember getting on Overstock.com and looking through about 2000 watches.... and found about 4 that I liked.

Some people also have differing ideas of what a smartwatch should be and what it should do. Some people want it to be able to do everything your phone can, independent of your phone. Others just want it to be an extension of your phone - kinda like a simple input/output device. I'm personally of the latter school of thought.

In spite of my thoughts, I do still expect wearables like watches will remain niche items because people have such varied taste in timepieces.
Link Posted: 7/8/2015 1:04:27 AM EDT
[#18]
The Apple Watch flop was obvious

The interface sucks - watch a video at how slow it operates
You have to charge it every day
It's ugly and unattractive
It's too expensive

Link Posted: 7/8/2015 1:05:11 AM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
View Quote

Link Posted: 7/8/2015 1:08:42 AM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
There's nothing the Apple Watch does that my iPhone can't do far, far better. I'm surprised they sold as many watches as they did.
View Quote

You know what it does better? It sits on your wrist, as easy to see as checking the time... IMHO the purpose of a smart watch is so that you don't have to go dig your phone out of your pocket to see who just sent you a txt message or email... you can simply glance at your wrist and decide if the archeological dig into your pants is worth it in that particular instance.

One other aspect I think would be useful would be in an office with 123478396 people that have smartphones dinging, beeping, bleeping, ringing and otherwise making constant noises could be silenced. I remember at a previous job when I started using an iPhone for official mail and such. In short order, everyone was. Then there were all the dings, pings, gongs, and rings going off and EVERYONE had to look at their damn phone to see if it was theirs.

If you have something like an Apple Watch or one of the Android smart watches, you don't really have to put up with that shit... it just gives you a quick buzz when you receive a notification. No need to announce to everyone in a 50 yard radius that you just got a text message.

It is also about choice. You don't HAVE to have one... it's just a nice option.
Link Posted: 7/8/2015 1:11:47 AM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
No standalone GPS; no deal. I went with a Fenix 3 instead regardless of it being marketed to a completely different segment.
View Quote

How do you like it?
I want one bad but keep hearing bad things about the fenix 2 and 3.  Like resetting randomly and drifting distances.
Link Posted: 7/8/2015 1:11:50 AM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:

You know what it does better? It sits on your wrist, as easy to see as checking the time... IMHO the purpose of a smart watch is so that you don't have to go dig your phone out of your pocket to see who just sent you a txt message or email... you can simply glance at your wrist and decide if the archeological dig into your pants is worth it in that particular instance.

One other aspect I think would be useful would be in an office with 123478396 people that have smartphones dinging, beeping, bleeping, ringing and otherwise making constant noises could be silenced. I remember at a previous job when I started using an iPhone for official mail and such. In short order, everyone was. Then there were all the dings, pings, gongs, and rings going off and EVERYONE had to look at their damn phone to see if it was theirs.

If you have something like an Apple Watch or one of the Android smart watches, you don't really have to put up with that shit... it just gives you a quick buzz when you receive a notification. No need to announce to everyone in a 50 yard radius that you just got a text message.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Oh look, the guy who was pimping the POS Volt is pimping the POS iWatch
Link Posted: 7/8/2015 1:13:12 AM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
The Apple Watch flop was obvious

The interface sucks - watch a video at how slow it operates
You have to charge it every day
It's ugly and unattractive
It's too expensive

View Quote

Word. Aesthetics aside, its just a terrible watch.

Android watches are pretty good because open source, and open market. Still a couple years away for the tech to really make it mainstream.
Link Posted: 7/8/2015 1:19:11 AM EDT
[#24]
My best friend works for AAPL. The employees get pretty good discounts but they're getting something like 55% off the watch because they need the employees to buy them
Link Posted: 7/8/2015 1:22:46 AM EDT
[#25]

Link Posted: 7/8/2015 1:25:23 AM EDT
[#26]
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

For you.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v648/pkmnjunky7/pipboy/IMG_0178.jpg

If anyone else is looking for more details on that pip boy, see these links:
http://forums.modretro.com/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=10684
http://zachariahperry.com/2012/10/26/fallout-3-pipboy-3000-finished-pictures/
http://zachariahperry.com/2012/10/25/working-pipboy-3000-replica/
Link Posted: 7/8/2015 1:25:35 AM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
My best friend works for AAPL. The employees get pretty good discounts but they're getting something like 55% off the watch because they need the employees to buy them
View Quote

I'd buy one at that price, just for the convenience of at a glance notifications and HR monitor. At the current retail, no thanks.
Link Posted: 7/8/2015 1:29:21 AM EDT
[#28]
The last time I wore a watch, I was 12. Even my 12 year old brain managed to understand watch = vagina repellant....
Link Posted: 7/8/2015 1:31:29 AM EDT
[#29]
It makes sense it would fail. Almost everyone that would buy this shit adjust has an iPhone that does the same shit, but better and easier.
Link Posted: 7/8/2015 1:32:37 AM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:
The last time I wore a watch, I was 12. Even my 12 year old brain managed to understand watch = vagina repellant....
View Quote

Some people need to know the time and can not carry a cell phone with them.
Link Posted: 7/8/2015 1:33:08 AM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:
View Quote

at 12 you're wearing the wrong watch.
Link Posted: 7/8/2015 1:34:57 AM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

"pimping"?  I've had my Volt for 2 years now and have had a grand total of 1 problem - a nail in a tire. Local dealer replaced the tire 100% under warranty. I've never tried to sell them here or in any other forum, I mostly just try to dispel all the silly underinformed ignorance about them. This isn't the thread for it, but your assumption that it is a POS is childish, silly, and misinformed.

But you can proceed to attack me in this unrelated thread if you want. I don't have an Apple Watch and I'm certainly not "pimping" it.
Link Posted: 7/8/2015 1:35:14 AM EDT
[#33]
Casio Atomic G-Shock on my wrist ($80), and an iPhone 5 in a life proof case in my pocket.

Does 87 times what the apple watch does, and I don't have to worry about banging it into something.

I agree, money grab for Apple fanbois
Link Posted: 7/8/2015 1:35:47 AM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

For you.

Steve Jobs is dead. Game's not over but they lost their Tom Brady.
Link Posted: 7/8/2015 1:36:09 AM EDT
[#35]
Still dumber than the Ninja Turtles watch I had as a 6 year old.
Link Posted: 7/8/2015 1:41:29 AM EDT
[#36]
A thread bashing Apple.
Link Posted: 7/8/2015 1:41:42 AM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Have people become so lazy that getting their phone out of their pocket is a hassle?
Keep your phone on vibrate and you will know every time you get any notification.
Hell if you're sitting at your desk keep in on the desk by your hand.

Calling it a watch is what is stupid, its a blue tooth device that is strapped to your wrist.
Link Posted: 7/8/2015 1:42:17 AM EDT
[#38]
Would probably be on the wrong side of the odds statistically speaking betting against Apple and presuming it won't ultimately be a success. That said I won't wear a non-Round watch, just not my thing. Once it's round and has progressed a little with some more useful/relevant features, and the price comes down I'll give one a whirl!
ETA: those who think watches are vagina repellent should try spending more than $20 @ Walmart and aim just a little higher in general...
Link Posted: 7/8/2015 1:42:48 AM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:
A thread bashing Apple.
View Quote

I love Apple, always have and likely always will. But, the iWatch is a steaming, wearable turd.
Link Posted: 7/8/2015 1:45:22 AM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:

"pimping"?  I've had my Volt for 2 years now and have had a grand total of 1 problem - a nail in a tire. Local dealer replaced the tire 100% under warranty. I've never tried to sell them here or in any other forum, I mostly just try to dispel all the silly underinformed ignorance about them. This isn't the thread for it, but your assumption that it is a POS is childish, silly, and misinformed.

But you can proceed to attack me in this unrelated thread if you want. I don't have an Apple Watch and I'm certainly not "pimping" it.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

So much butthurt
Link Posted: 7/8/2015 1:45:23 AM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:
It makes sense it would fail. Almost everyone that would buy this shit adjust has an iPhone that does the same shit, but better and easier.
View Quote

I think some variation on this is going to be popular in the not too distant future.   I've been wearing a Moto360 for quite a while.  It's handy to see your emails and texts on your wrist when they come in.   It's nice to be able to snooze or cancel an alarm on your wrist.   I've got the current weather on the bottom of my dial.  The technology is still  new and battery life sucks, but just drop it in the charging cradle when I'm not wearing it and it stays charged.  I have to charge my phone every day.  It's not like it's a major issue to charge my watch too.
Link Posted: 7/8/2015 1:47:50 AM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Lol, no... watches either scream nerd or look at me I have money.... One repels vagina, the other attracts golddiggers.... Never In my adult life have I said, well gee wiz, If only I had a watch... Also, many of times I have been out with  a herd a females and laughed among with them when they spot a guy a wearing watch....  Different strokes for different folks I guess..
Link Posted: 7/8/2015 1:48:04 AM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:
View Quote

More like vagina moistener
Link Posted: 7/8/2015 1:48:58 AM EDT
[#44]
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

http://b-i.forbesimg.com/arieladams/files/2013/09/Rolex-Submariner-116610-LN7.jpg

That's just because they don't print 1,000 or 10,000 dollar bills anymore.   Pin one of those to your lapel.   Same effect, I imagine.
Link Posted: 7/8/2015 1:49:12 AM EDT
[#45]
Grumpycatgood
Link Posted: 7/8/2015 1:50:05 AM EDT
[#46]
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

http://b-i.forbesimg.com/arieladams/files/2013/09/Rolex-Submariner-116610-LN7.jpg

Maybe for the lower echelon of brand sluts, this will get the attention of top grade tail.

Link Posted: 7/8/2015 1:53:03 AM EDT
[#47]
Tim Cook tries to be visionary, fails.

He can run a supply chain but has zero talent for new product development.
Link Posted: 7/8/2015 1:53:44 AM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:

Lol, no... watches either scream nerd or look at me I have money.... One repels vagina, the other attracts golddiggers.... Never In my adult life have I said, well gee wiz, If only I had a watch... Also, many of times I have been out with  a herd a females and laughed among with them when they spot a guy a wearing watch....  Different strokes for different folks I guess..
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Yea, I guess in Somalia they do things differently. I would not hang out with those people, they sound stupid.
Link Posted: 7/8/2015 1:54:46 AM EDT
[#49]
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

lol.... And folks wonder why divorce rates are sky high.... " Look at me I have all this money, and a fancy watch" 5 years later.." whoa is me, she left me took half my stuff, she even took my computer, and now I cant play world of war craft"
Link Posted: 7/8/2015 1:55:53 AM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:

Maybe for the lower echelon of brand sluts, this will get the attention of top grade tail.

http://195.154.205.140/IMG_neuf/imgStd/Richard-Mille-WG-507-06-91.jpg
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

http://195.154.205.140/IMG_neuf/imgStd/Richard-Mille-WG-507-06-91.jpg

Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 5
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top