BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 10
Link Posted: 5/28/2015 10:03:22 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Looks like SE of San Angelo got a hell of a downburst or just straight line winds.

http://ae5qh.com/weather/db.png
View Quote

I am just east of San Angelo and we got hit by some rain right away with major winds, now lots of rain
Link Posted: 5/28/2015 10:15:15 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
The only good thing is that this MCS is moving at a decent clip; rainfall will probably end up around an inch or less.
View Quote

Some places have 2 inches in the last hour.
This storm is dumping some heavy rain.   Maybe not flash flooding, but areal flooding could be an issue.

1 hour rainfall.
Link Posted: 5/28/2015 10:20:15 PM EDT
[#3]
The Neches is cresting and overtaking homes along my County.
Link Posted: 5/28/2015 10:28:57 PM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 5/28/2015 10:31:30 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:

Looks like the water going over the top has increased, this vid was posted 4 hours ago:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xQq_YI78dVU
View Quote

Anyone placing bets on if that holds
Link Posted: 5/28/2015 10:33:25 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

Yeah, I was only looking at the Southern end of the storm in central TX.

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
The only good thing is that this MCS is moving at a decent clip; rainfall will probably end up around an inch or less.

Some places have 2 inches in the last hour.
This storm is dumping some heavy rain.   Maybe not flash flooding, but areal flooding could be an issue.

1 hour rainfall.
http://ae5qh.com/weather/rain.png

Yeah, I was only looking at the Southern end of the storm in central TX.

I have a friend near Tilden that abandoned his truck at a rig site and is walking through knee deep water to get out before it floods more.  

Had to leave my truck behind, baby is on high land. Water is going to get up to 15'

Not sure where he is getting that info though.
Link Posted: 5/28/2015 10:41:04 PM EDT
[#7]
hang on to your hats!  This outflow boundry is on its way.

http://www.bloodshotgamer.com/guns/outflow.mov
Link Posted: 5/28/2015 11:02:03 PM EDT
[#8]
Getting some more rain up here in Denton.  Temp just dropped to the low 70's after being at the mid 90's just before it rolled in.
Link Posted: 5/28/2015 11:03:10 PM EDT
[#9]
Possibly a little tornado north of Junction.
Link Posted: 5/28/2015 11:20:15 PM EDT
[#10]
I just hope this one doesn't stall out and train like on Monday.
Link Posted: 5/28/2015 11:28:56 PM EDT
[#11]
what site are y'all using for radar? weather.com is shit.
Link Posted: 5/28/2015 11:32:33 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
View Quote

I use GRLevel3 and GR2 Analyst.

This is a good site if you are looking for free indepth products.

http://www.simuawips.com/
Link Posted: 5/28/2015 11:33:16 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Thanks. I'm gonna check it out.
Link Posted: 5/28/2015 11:36:59 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

This might help you or others.

Link Posted: 5/29/2015 1:09:45 AM EDT
[#15]
That squall line sure has slowed down.

Not good.
Link Posted: 5/29/2015 1:20:26 AM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
That squall line sure has slowed down.

Not good.
View Quote

Yeah looking earlier I expected to be hit by now.
Link Posted: 5/29/2015 2:59:59 AM EDT
[#17]
I just got to Pleasanton south of San Antonio.  Line is just hitting now.
Light rain so far.
Link Posted: 5/29/2015 3:05:19 AM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
Light rain so far.
View Quote

Had about 45 minutes of heavy rain here in Austin. Maybe an inch. Light rain now.

Been about since '07 since I've said, "enough already!"

Link Posted: 5/29/2015 3:08:00 AM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

Had about 45 minutes of heavy rain here in Austin. Maybe an inch. Light rain now.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Light rain so far.

You should be getting some more any time now.

Link Posted: 5/29/2015 3:13:45 AM EDT
[#20]
Yeah, looks like it's gonna keep on until morning. It's steady but very light right now. Hope it stays that way.
Link Posted: 5/29/2015 3:16:38 AM EDT
[#21]
* SOME LOCATIONS THAT WILL EXPERIENCE FLOODING INCLUDE...
 AUSTIN...ROUND ROCK...NEW BRAUNFELS...CEDAR PARK...GEORGETOWN...
 PFLUGERVILLE...SAN MARCOS...SEGUIN...TAYLOR...LOCKHART...ELGIN...
 LULING...GRANGER...TANGLEWOOD FOREST...ANDERSON MILL...WINDEMERE...
 SERENADA...AUSTIN BERGSTROM INT AP...SCHERTZ AND KYLE.
Link Posted: 5/29/2015 3:37:32 AM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Looks like the water going over the top has increased, this vid was posted 4 hours ago:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xQq_YI78dVU

Nope. That dam is toast.
Link Posted: 5/29/2015 3:39:18 AM EDT
[#23]
After all this rain, Lake Travis is still 21  feet low. The past 5 years have been dry, very dry.

ETA it didn't help much that in 2010 the LCRA emptied the lake to flood rice fields in Wharton and Matagorda counties. Anyone notice a rice shortage in 2011-2015? I didn't think so.
Link Posted: 5/29/2015 3:50:24 AM EDT
[#24]
Cedar Park has over 2000 meters without power. Sitting in the dark here.

Had some good wind and saw trees bending over pretty far. Thought some were going to snap. Worst of the storm seemed to have passed then about 15 minute later power went out.

Link Posted: 5/29/2015 3:51:55 AM EDT
[#25]
It's going to be worse when this thing turns around and comes back from the south tomorrow night.
Link Posted: 5/29/2015 4:06:13 AM EDT
[#26]

Quoted:

After all this rain, Lake Travis is still 21  feet low. The past 5 years have been dry, very dry.

ETA it didn't help much that in 2010 the LCRA emptied the lake to flood rice fields in Wharton and Matagorda counties. Anyone notice a rice shortage in 2011-2015? I didn't think so.
View Quote

KXAN just tweeted out that the Pedernales is almost at flood stage so Travis is going to keep going up.

Link Posted: 5/29/2015 4:09:32 AM EDT
[#27]
One of the local TV stations reported yesterday that at a couple of points there was floating garbage stretching all the way across Travis.

Not trees and such.  Garbage.
Link Posted: 5/29/2015 4:21:18 AM EDT
[#28]

Quoted:

One of the local TV stations reported yesterday that at a couple of points there was floating garbage stretching all the way across Travis.

View Quote

I wouldn't take a boat out on Travis anytime soon. I saw a few pictures where there was a HUGE log jam in the northern inlets plus a couple of other pics where some coves have been dry now have 5 years of brush growth that is now 20-30ft underwater. The lake is going to be full of dangerous debris for a while.

Link Posted: 5/29/2015 4:25:52 AM EDT
[#29]
3:15 am power outages: Austin Energy- 637, Oncor (Williamson Co)- 14,800, Pedernales Electric (Hill Co/Leander/CP) - 5,316, Bluebonnet - 53

Link Posted: 5/29/2015 4:50:12 AM EDT
[#30]
I finally had flooding. In north fucking Dallas
Love it. Yall stay dry!
Link Posted: 5/29/2015 8:29:26 AM EDT
[#31]
Link Posted: 5/29/2015 8:32:40 AM EDT
[#32]
Link Posted: 5/29/2015 8:53:29 AM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:
What is amazing is that it only takes an inch of rain now to cause major flooding. Inflows into lake Travis are off the charts again. That thing is going to be at normal elevation, or at least close to it, after last night.
View Quote

They will have more rain tonight I believe.
Link Posted: 5/29/2015 9:19:06 AM EDT
[#34]
Lake Travis will probably hit 70% full today.  At just over 2/3 capacity, we still have a ways to go to be full.  Not to say the gains thus far have been peanuts, but it shows just how low we were.

Keep in mind, as we get to these higher elevations (660'+), the lake is much wider and takes a lot more acre-feet of water to gain a foot of elevation.

I'm sure most of you had that in mind, but I've ran into several people thinking we will be full this week or with a couple more inches of rain.

Last night's totals were are 1.5-2" near Travis, and as high as 4+" up stream.  Check out hydromet.LCRA.org for a great interactive site for the Lower Colorado flow rates, lake levels, and rain totals.
Link Posted: 5/29/2015 9:34:28 AM EDT
[#35]

Quoted:

Lake Travis will probably hit 70% full today.  At just over 2/3 capacity, we still have a ways to go to be full.  Not to say the gains thus far have been peanuts, but it shows just how low we were.

Keep in mind, as we get to these higher elevations (660'+), the lake is much wider and takes a lot more acre-feet of water to gain a foot of elevation.

I'm sure most of you had that in mind, but I've ran into several people thinking we will be full this week or with a couple more inches of rain.

Last night's totals were are 1.5-2" near Travis, and as high as 4+" up stream.  Check out hydromet.LCRA.org for a great interactive site for the Lower Colorado flow rates, lake levels, and rain totals.
View Quote
I'm a Lake Buchanan man.  Unfortunately, it's only up 3 ft and is still 20 ft off historical averages.   Hopefully, Travis being full will stop Buchanan releases for a while and allow Buchanan to rise up a little more.

Link Posted: 5/29/2015 9:49:59 AM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:

I wouldn't take a boat out on Travis anytime soon. I saw a few pictures where there was a HUGE log jam in the northern inlets plus a couple of other pics where some coves have been dry now have 5 years of brush growth that is now 20-30ft underwater. The fishing is going to be incredible for a while.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I wouldn't take a boat out on Travis anytime soon. I saw a few pictures where there was a HUGE log jam in the northern inlets plus a couple of other pics where some coves have been dry now have 5 years of brush growth that is now 20-30ft underwater. The fishing is going to be incredible for a while.

fify
Link Posted: 5/29/2015 9:50:22 AM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:
I'm a Lake Buchanan man.  Unfortunately, it's only up 3 ft and is still 20 ft off historical averages.   Hopefully, Travis being full will stop Buchanan releases for a while and allow Buchanan to rise up a little more.  
View Quote

Lake Belton here.

This is only the 2nd or 3rd time since I moved here that it's been at capacity, but it hit 100% two days ago.  I need to run out and check out how things are looking.  Belton is up 10 feet in the last week, and about 17 feet from it's lowest for the year 6 months ago.

Link Posted: 5/29/2015 10:01:31 AM EDT
[#38]
damn this rain has flooded all the golf courses, cant play this weekend
Link Posted: 5/29/2015 10:09:11 AM EDT
[#39]
Link Posted: 5/29/2015 11:22:44 AM EDT
[#40]
Link Posted: 5/29/2015 11:27:07 AM EDT
[#41]
I got something north of 6" last night.  East Plano TX, my rain gauge tops out at 6" and it was spilling over when I woke up.  With all this rain there has been a field (east Plano Nature Preserve) that has remained relatively dry until last night.  Woke up this morning and it was a 1000ac lake.  Kind of cool actually.
Link Posted: 5/29/2015 11:39:57 AM EDT
[#42]
Link Posted: 5/29/2015 11:41:19 AM EDT
[#43]
Link Posted: 5/29/2015 11:43:02 AM EDT
[#44]
Link Posted: 5/29/2015 11:46:34 AM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:
View Quote

We still need some 350,000 acre feet to be full.  I don't see that happening, without a couple more weeks of heavy rains.

Hopefully as the upstream flows subside they will slow y'all's release and spread the wealth a little.  Who knows, LCRA works in mysterious, and sometime inexplicable, ways.
Link Posted: 5/29/2015 11:50:33 AM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:

According to the river flow rates, Travis *is* going up quite a few more feet - even if there's more surface area. Most of the infeeds are over or near flood stage; there's another huge water bomb heading for the lake.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

According to the river flow rates, Travis *is* going up quite a few more feet - even if there's more surface area. Most of the infeeds are over or near flood stage; there's another huge water bomb heading for the lake.

No doubt it will gain a couple or few more feet at minimum.  I was just trying to reel in the folks saying we will be full any minute now (not necessarily on this board, and certainly not you).

Hopefully we can reach 75-80% full.  More rain tomorrow, so we shall see!
Link Posted: 5/29/2015 12:26:50 PM EDT
[#47]
Just saw an article in Washington Post that estimated over 8 million acre-feet of water has been added to Texas reservoirs in the last month.  Enough to cover the entire state of Rhode Island with 10' of water.
Link Posted: 5/29/2015 2:37:12 PM EDT
[#48]
Just took a pic of the Little Brazos River near Mumford. This "river" is normally not even navigable by kayak without numerous portages, lol.
We live on the ridge above Mumford Bottom which includes the "Big" Brazos and Little Brazos rivers. I'm really happy we chose such a high elevation to build on. I've heard that the big river may get out of it's banks tonight. I sure hope not...

" />
Link Posted: 5/29/2015 3:50:08 PM EDT
[#49]
Link Posted: 5/29/2015 3:54:01 PM EDT
[#50]
I wonder what the Austin Rifle Club looks like. I bet they had 4' of standing water.
Page / 10
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top