Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 3
Link Posted: 5/23/2015 1:10:33 AM EDT
[#1]
It's good that the Republicans gave him this power.

If it wasn't good the the Republicans wouldn't do it.

Go vote third party and give us Hillary for president if you don't like it.
Link Posted: 5/23/2015 1:14:49 AM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

Paging Norcal LEO . . .
View Quote

Right... so I suggest we work using the existing system to change the party from within, something that has happened before, and offer historical context showing what would happen if we followed the plan of allowing Democrats to regain super majorities in both houses of Congress along with the White House and I am the "retread?"

Incredible.   Absolutely incredible.    

Get back to me on what Norcal says.  It would be nice to have a "not a retread card" from him to foreclose this line of deflection in the future.  
Link Posted: 5/23/2015 1:15:01 AM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
Something just doesn't add up.
View Quote

I assure you, the kickbacks, campaign donations and golden parachute jobs for every Republican that voted for this has already been calculated by the International Corporations and it all adds up to the penny.
Link Posted: 5/23/2015 1:19:28 AM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
Right... so I suggest we work using the existing system to change the party from within, something that has happened before, and offer historical context showing what would happen if we followed the plan of allowing Democrats to regain super majorities in both houses of Congress along with the White House and I am the "retread?"

Get back to me on what Norcal says.  It would be nice to have a "not a retread card" from him to foreclose this line of deflection in the future.  
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Paging Norcal LEO . . .

Don't act like such a retread if you are not seeking the accusations. Take some time to acclimate yourself, if you really are new.

Link Posted: 5/23/2015 1:26:18 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

No, I am not "gonoles."

I am a person who knows what happens when Republicans decide to "teach Republicans a message":  you get a generation of Democrats in power and all that comes with it.

NFA '34. FFA '38, GCA '68, GFSZA, Brady Handgun Violence Prevention Act, Public Safety and Recreational Firearms Use Protection Act, and DVOGB.  

Those are merely problems on the 2A.    Take a look at the tax rates imposed when both houses of Congress are run by Democrats.

There are real, painful consequences to the road you are going down when you do not have to.    Work to change the party from within.   The alternative is not something I want to go back to and if you knew what Democrat super majorities gave us in the past, you would not want to go back there either.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Is that you, gonoles? Welcome back.  

No, I am not "gonoles."

I am a person who knows what happens when Republicans decide to "teach Republicans a message":  you get a generation of Democrats in power and all that comes with it.

NFA '34. FFA '38, GCA '68, GFSZA, Brady Handgun Violence Prevention Act, Public Safety and Recreational Firearms Use Protection Act, and DVOGB.  

Those are merely problems on the 2A.    Take a look at the tax rates imposed when both houses of Congress are run by Democrats.

There are real, painful consequences to the road you are going down when you do not have to.    Work to change the party from within.   The alternative is not something I want to go back to and if you knew what Democrat super majorities gave us in the past, you would not want to go back there either.

Out of curiosity, how many GOP congresscritters voted for NFA/FFA/GCA?

We know how many GOP Presidents have signed the Hughes Amendment; curious about the other stuff, though.
Link Posted: 5/23/2015 1:33:09 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
Don't act like such a retread if you are not seeking the accusations. Take some time to acclimate yourself, if you really are new.  
View Quote

I do not mean to be snarky and apologize if it comes across this way but I have been lurking here for the better part of a decade.   How much more time for acclimation should I seek?

Look, I am not actively seeking any accusation of any kind.   I am not  trying to stir a hornets nest or defend Republicans because they are Republicans .

What I am doing is trying to plead with people not to abandon the political process because I desperately do not want the gains we have made these last few decades to be washed away in a tsunami of legislation brought on by Democrat majorities in Congress.

There are ways to "make the Republicans" pay and simply refusing the vote is not one of them.   Many of them are already independently wealthy or will be when they leave office to pursue jobs in the lobbying industry.  They will not necessarily be hurt by being replaced by a Democrat.   We will.

All I am trying to say is that every person who is disgusted with what happened today seek to involve themselves locally in their political process and do whatever they can to change things for the better.

I have seen small people with scant resources accomplish amazing things.   Imagine what every fed up person in American could do if they would only get involved.

Link Posted: 5/23/2015 1:41:55 AM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:
You forgot #thebeekeeper

Txl
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

God dammnit you fucking shitbags, quit giving away what little authority and powers you have to check this runaway executive branch (and not just under this chucklefuck).

#youdontunderstandpolitics #chessnotcheckers

You forgot #thebeekeeper

Txl

lol
Link Posted: 5/23/2015 1:49:27 AM EDT
[#9]
It can still be killed in the house. I know it is probably pointless but at least we can say we tried.

Contact your rep and tell them how you feel about the secret trade deal that Obama wants.
Link Posted: 5/23/2015 1:50:29 AM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:
I do not mean to be snarky and apologize if it comes across this way but I have been lurking here for the better part of a decade.   How much more time for acclimation should I seek?

Look, I am not actively seeking any accusation of any kind.   I am not  trying to stir a hornets nest or defend Republicans because they are Republicans .

What I am doing is trying to plead with people not to abandon the political process because I desperately do not want the gains we have made these last few decades to be washed away in a tsunami of legislation brought on by Democrat majorities in Congress.

There are ways to "make the Republicans" pay and simply refusing the vote is not one of them.   Many of them are already independently wealthy or will be when they leave office to pursue jobs in the lobbying industry.  They will not necessarily be hurt by being replaced by a Democrat.   We will.

All I am trying to say is that every person who is disgusted with what happened today seek to involve themselves locally in their political process and do whatever they can to change things for the better.

I have seen small people with scant resources accomplish amazing things.   Imagine what every fed up person in American could do if they would only get involved.

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

I can't remember a single instance of someone jumping in like you just did where it wasn't a retread claiming to've just been a lurker for however many years, so you will have to understand my skepticism—or not.

I won't abandon your precious GOP, but that's not because the party doesn't deserve it. I'm a Classical Liberal, the closest remnant of that today being  the "small-l" libertarians. To me, your party looks just the same as the dems—in that they only stand up for the freedoms they like—with one difference that actually does matter to me: the GOP gives at least lip service to supporting the 2nd Amendment, whereas the dems would do away with it. Until that changes, I am stuck reluctantly caucusing with the GOP.

Link Posted: 5/23/2015 2:02:15 AM EDT
[#11]

Pretty disgusting.  

Anyone have the votes handy?
James Madison says

The internal effects of a mutable policy are still more
calamitous. It poisons the blessing of liberty itself. It will be of little
avail to the people, that the laws are made by men of their own choice, if the
laws be so voluminous that they cannot be read, or so incoherent that they
cannot be understood; if they be repealed or revised before they are
promulgated, or undergo such incessant changes that no man, who knows what the
law is to-day, can guess what it will be to-morrow. Law is defined to be a rule
of action; but how can that be a rule, which is little known, and less fixed?  -Federalist 62

Link Posted: 5/23/2015 2:50:06 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
I can't remember a single instance of someone jumping in like you just did where it wasn't a retread claiming to've just been a lurker for however many years, so you will have to understand my skepticism—or not.  
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Well I think I can explain the seemingly randomness of my posts in this thread as  I was already responding to another thread on a similar subject and I thought there was some relevance between the two.

http://www.ar15.com/forums/t_1_5/1750822_.html&page=3&anc=53725374#i53725374

Quoted:I won't abandon your precious GOP, but that's not because the party doesn't deserve it. I'm a Classical Liberal, the closest remnant of that today being  the "small-l" libertarians. To me, your party looks just the same as the dems—in that they only stand up for the freedoms they like—with one difference that actually does matter to me: the GOP gives at least lip service to supporting the 2nd Amendment, whereas the dems would do away with it. Until that changes, I am stuck reluctantly caucusing with the GOP.

I too consider myself to be a Classical Liberal and I cannot disagree with you regarding the Republicans being similar to the Democrats in many ways.      I am trying to change that and I would hope others here would try as well.

For better or for worse there are only  two effective  political parties.   One is rotten to the core and beyond recovery.   The other has a mishmash of a small but growing minority of people who believe in the Constitution and what I would call country-club Republicans (not dissimilar from a Kennedy Democrat, John not Ted).

There are no other alternatives that strike me as viable.   And no (looking at another poster who will not be named but is not Forker), the cartridge box is not a viable option as of this time.
Link Posted: 5/23/2015 8:36:00 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

DO NOT GIVE UP ON THE REPUBLICAN PARTY!   Work within the system to have those GOP Senators and Congresscritters REMOVED from office and replaced with those who respect the Constitution.  

View Quote

Right ON!
Fight the power!

The Republicans in Mississippi who had their Republican nominee for Senator chosen by Democrat voters who were paid by the Republican Senate campaign committee to vote in the Republican run off may have a different take on matters though.  
Link Posted: 5/23/2015 8:44:16 AM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

Pretty disgusting.  

James Madison says

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Pretty disgusting.  

James Madison says

The internal effects of a mutable policy are still morecalamitous. It poisons the blessing of liberty itself. It will be of littleavail to the people, that the laws are made by men of their own choice, if thelaws be so voluminous that they cannot be read, or so incoherent that theycannot be understood; if they be repealed or revised before they arepromulgated, or undergo such incessant changes that no man, who knows what thelaw is to-day, can guess what it will be to-morrow. Law is defined to be a ruleof action; but how can that be a rule, which is little known, and less fixed?  -Federalist 62

I don't know that there has ever been a quote more suited to the times we live in .

Endless secret laws , regulations that will be determined later by unknown people....

Link Posted: 5/23/2015 8:54:51 AM EDT
[#15]
VOTING our way out of this mess?

lol
Link Posted: 5/23/2015 8:59:50 AM EDT
[#16]
Link Posted: 5/23/2015 9:02:22 AM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Paging Norcal LEO . . .

Don't worry, there are plenty of closet democrats on this site who'll do everything they can to get others to not vote
Republican. They'll even call you names to deflect from the subject for supporting republicans.

Keep fighting and thanks for the history lesson.
Link Posted: 5/23/2015 9:04:07 AM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
Voting. It works.
View Quote

Well, apparently it does if you are a Dem. Christ, I'm thinking about just changing my whole lifestyle and going liberal progressive, it'd be nice to be on a winning team for a change... We're fucking losing when we win.
Link Posted: 5/23/2015 9:07:12 AM EDT
[#19]
Crime does pay.

Rather well.
Link Posted: 5/23/2015 9:31:20 AM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

Is it?    

What is your suggestion?

Vote third party and take ZERO seats in the Senate and ZERO seats in the HoR and allow Democrats to reclaim the majorities they enjoyed for more than 60% of the last century?!

Seriously?   What do you suggest we do?

I am all ears here.

Reforming the party from within is not a pipedream:  it has happened before and it is happening now.  

Take down the list of Republicans who are more comfortable acting as Democrats and then use your time, your money, and your voice to ensure they are kicked out of office and replaced with people who will respect the constitution.  

That is the only way to change things for the better.

That will not end the way you may hope it would and I pray to God that eventuality never comes to pass.  

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
HAHAHAHAHAHAHA.... that's funny, bro.

Is it?    

What is your suggestion?

Vote third party and take ZERO seats in the Senate and ZERO seats in the HoR and allow Democrats to reclaim the majorities they enjoyed for more than 60% of the last century?!

Seriously?   What do you suggest we do?

I am all ears here.

Reforming the party from within is not a pipedream:  it has happened before and it is happening now.  

Take down the list of Republicans who are more comfortable acting as Democrats and then use your time, your money, and your voice to ensure they are kicked out of office and replaced with people who will respect the constitution.  

That is the only way to change things for the better.

Quoted:You need to learn about the three boxes. There is still one left.

That will not end the way you may hope it would and I pray to God that eventuality never comes to pass.  

ultimately that is where it is going. and there is not much that can be sone to stop it, because congress the fed gov just keep on pushing. people in the usa don't have much say in anything anymore.
Link Posted: 5/23/2015 9:35:24 AM EDT
[#21]
There is one thing i wonder-
Yes, they are greedy and will sell all of US out, but is there something in the language written, or hidden in all of the paperwork that benefits us.   Something the Dems dont know about hence why its the 'pass it then read it' status (which is COMPLETE BS, and should never ever ever ever be)?
Link Posted: 5/23/2015 9:48:40 AM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
The Republicans have already lost me as a voter for ANY Republican in 2016 (for POTUS).    Keep at it and lose more.
View Quote

So the ones who were against this are out too? Brilliant
Link Posted: 5/23/2015 9:58:03 AM EDT
[#23]
Can state governments pass bills allowing popular recall of their senators & representatives? Apparently neither Kentucky, Utah, or Ohio have any provisions for such. Seems to me that's a deficiency that needs to be rectified ASAP.
Link Posted: 5/23/2015 9:59:02 AM EDT
[#24]
I am still trying to figure out why a trade bill is as top secret as the Manhattan Project....
Link Posted: 5/23/2015 10:49:49 AM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:

Pretty disgusting.  

James Madison says

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Pretty disgusting.  

James Madison says

The internal effects of a mutable policy are still morecalamitous. It poisons the blessing of liberty itself. It will be of littleavail to the people, that the laws are made by men of their own choice, if thelaws be so voluminous that they cannot be read, or so incoherent that theycannot be understood; if they be repealed or revised before they arepromulgated, or undergo such incessant changes that no man, who knows what thelaw is to-day, can guess what it will be to-morrow. Law is defined to be a ruleof action; but how can that be a rule, which is little known, and less fixed?  -Federalist 62

Voted for:

Alexander (R-TN)
Ayotte (R-NH)
Barrasso (R-WY)
Bennet (D-CO)
Blunt (R-MO)
Boozman (R-AR)
Burr (R-NC)
Cantwell (D-WA)
Capito (R-WV)
Cardin (D-MD)
Carper (D-DE)
Cassidy (R-LA)
Coats (R-IN)
Cochran (R-MS)
Coons (D-DE)
Corker (R-TN)
Cornyn (R-TX)
Cotton (R-AR)
Crapo (R-ID)
Cruz (R-TX)
Daines (R-MT)
Ernst (R-IA)
Feinstein (D-CA)
Fischer (R-NE)
Flake (R-AZ)
Gardner (R-CO)
Graham (R-SC)
Grassley (R-IA)
Hatch (R-UT)
Heitkamp (D-ND)
Heller (R-NV)
Hoeven (R-ND)
Inhofe (R-OK)
Isakson (R-GA)
Johnson (R-WI)
Kaine (D-VA)
Kirk (R-IL)
Lankford (R-OK)
McCain (R-AZ)
McCaskill (D-MO)
McConnell (R-KY)
Moran (R-KS)
Murkowski (R-AK)
Murray (D-WA)
Nelson (D-FL)
Perdue (R-GA)
Portman (R-OH)
Risch (R-ID)
Roberts (R-KS)
Rounds (R-SD)
Rubio (R-FL)
Sasse (R-NE)
Scott (R-SC)
Shaheen (D-NH)
Sullivan (R-AK)
Thune (R-SD)
Tillis (R-NC)
Toomey (R-PA)
Vitter (R-LA)
Warner (D-VA)
Wicker (R-MS)
Wyden (D-OR)
Link Posted: 5/23/2015 11:03:16 AM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
I am still trying to figure out why a trade bill is as top secret as the Manhattan Project....
View Quote

The bill isn't secret. You can read it on the government's website.
It provides that once the trade deal negotiations are complete and the agreement is presented to Congress, it can't be amended. Each house of Congress simply votes to accept the agreement or reject it.

The terms of the trade deal haven't been made public.
It's possible that those terms haven't yet been finalized.
Link Posted: 5/23/2015 11:09:31 AM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
The Republicans have already lost me as a voter for ANY Republican in 2016 (for POTUS).    Keep at it and lose more.
View Quote

Rodger that.
Enough is years ago
with these people..
Link Posted: 5/23/2015 11:19:26 AM EDT
[#28]
"libertarians" against trade siding with democrats Bernard Sanders Elizabeth Warren et al progressive left?

Wow!3! Never saw this coming /sarcasm

Misinformation about ‘Obamatrade’ and bad journalism shouldn’t scuttle a rare moment of free-market bipartisanship.

Basic Economics A Citizen’s guide to the Economy By Thomas Sowell

Link Posted: 5/23/2015 11:22:03 AM EDT
[#29]
Soap, Ballot, Jury and Ammo Box

Which Box do we have left
Link Posted: 5/23/2015 11:26:37 AM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:

If Hillary wins and gets to select supreme court justices, the 2nd amendment is null and void.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

If Hillary wins and gets to select supreme court justices, the 2nd amendment is null and void.

Because Roberts had our asses with Zerocare... Oh wait. Red or blue, both just wanna fuck you.
Link Posted: 5/23/2015 11:32:05 AM EDT
[#31]
What could possibly go wrong and become detrimental to the US economy.......
Link Posted: 5/23/2015 11:34:57 AM EDT
[#32]
Link Posted: 5/23/2015 11:35:02 AM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:

People like you said the same thing in 1932 in disgust with the Hoover administration when they elected Franklin D. Roosevelt to office along with 59 Democrats in the Senate and 313 Democrats in the HoR.

People back then were RIGHT to be upset with the Republican party however their response, the one you and others are posting here, IS NOT THE ANSWER!

Those people who were legitimately pissed gave the Democrats majorities in both houses of Congress from 1933 - 1947 (14 years) and the Presidency for 20 years (FDR and Truman).

Do you have any idea what damage was done to this Republic during that period?  

Do you recall the National Firearms Act of 1934?    How about the Federal Firearms Act of 1938?   How about the Judges he appointed that gave us the brilliant legal theories that are still here today?   How about Social Security?  

Are you people really this short sighted?  Have you learned nothing from history?   DO NOT GIVE UP ON THE REPUBLICAN PARTY!   Work within the system to have those GOP Senators and Congresscritters REMOVED from office and replaced with those who respect the Constitution.  

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

People like you said the same thing in 1932 in disgust with the Hoover administration when they elected Franklin D. Roosevelt to office along with 59 Democrats in the Senate and 313 Democrats in the HoR.

People back then were RIGHT to be upset with the Republican party however their response, the one you and others are posting here, IS NOT THE ANSWER!

Those people who were legitimately pissed gave the Democrats majorities in both houses of Congress from 1933 - 1947 (14 years) and the Presidency for 20 years (FDR and Truman).

Do you have any idea what damage was done to this Republic during that period?  

Do you recall the National Firearms Act of 1934?    How about the Federal Firearms Act of 1938?   How about the Judges he appointed that gave us the brilliant legal theories that are still here today?   How about Social Security?  

Are you people really this short sighted?  Have you learned nothing from history?   DO NOT GIVE UP ON THE REPUBLICAN PARTY!   Work within the system to have those GOP Senators and Congresscritters REMOVED from office and replaced with those who respect the Constitution.  

Just keep voting for the same fucktards! Don't try to form a different party, they're unelectable! It'll be different this time! The other side won't get what they want this time! I promise!

You people really are that dense, aren't you?
Link Posted: 5/23/2015 11:48:01 AM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:
What could possibly go wrong and become detrimental to the US economy.......
View Quote

Nothing, because every trade deal is fair and honest to American businesses and the people. Our benevolent government would never put in place a trade deal that gave unfair advantages that benefited only a few wealthy citizens to the determent of of the entire nation.  

Now, pay no attention to such things plebs when after all you should be more concerned with gay marriage and steroids in professional sports.
Link Posted: 5/23/2015 12:11:44 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:
This thread demonstrates how much like DU we have become.
View Quote

We bitch about a secret and unknown healthcare bill being pushed through, but we should now dance the dance of joy because its the GOP pushing the secret and unknown bill?

Link Posted: 5/23/2015 12:13:53 PM EDT
[#36]
First comes the Trade War.... Then the Shooting War.

Link Posted: 5/23/2015 1:31:09 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:
View Quote

What are your views about the secrecy of the bill?
Link Posted: 5/23/2015 1:34:47 PM EDT
[#38]

Quoted:
Well I think I can explain the seemingly randomness of my posts in this thread as  I was already responding to another thread on a similar subject and I thought there was some relevance between the two.

I too consider myself to be a Classical Liberal and I cannot disagree with you regarding the Republicans being similar to the Democrats in many ways.      I am trying to change that and I would hope others here would try as well.

For better or for worse there are only  two effective  political parties.   One is rotten to the core and beyond recovery.   The other has a mishmash of a small but growing minority of people who believe in the Constitution and what I would call country-club Republicans (not dissimilar from a Kennedy Democrat, John not Ted).
There are no other alternatives that strike me as viable.   And no (looking at another poster who will not be named but is not Forker), the cartridge box is not a viable option as of this time.
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:I won't abandon your precious GOP, but that's not because the party doesn't deserve it. I'm a Classical Liberal, the closest remnant of that today being  the "small-l" libertarians. To me, your party looks just the same as the dems—in that they only stand up for the freedoms they like—with one difference that actually does matter to me: the GOP gives at least lip service to supporting the 2nd Amendment, whereas the dems would do away with it. Until that changes, I am stuck reluctantly caucusing with the GOP.

Well, OK, then. Carry on.

Link Posted: 5/23/2015 1:37:31 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:
View Quote

Based on the secrecy of the bill, alone.  It should have been shit-canned.
Link Posted: 5/23/2015 1:38:24 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:
View Quote

Go on.....
Link Posted: 5/23/2015 1:39:43 PM EDT
[#41]

Quoted:
We bitch about a secret and unknown healthcare bill being pushed through, but we should now dance the dance of joy because its the GOP pushing the secret and unknown bill?

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Link Posted: 5/23/2015 2:57:23 PM EDT
[#42]
Thanks GOP!

Boehner Praises Trade Bill Passage

Speaker of the House John Boehner is praising the Senate's passage of the trade bill and calling on Democrats to join with Republicans to pass the law in the House.

"Trade helps create good-paying American jobs, so it’s good news that the Senate has put us one step closer to eliminating trade barriers. These reforms have the support of farmers, manufacturers, small business owners, and Americans from all walks of life, and it’s not hard to figure out why," Boehner says in a statement.

Obama wins trade victory in the Senate

President Obama won a big victory for his trade agenda Friday with the Senate’s approval of fast-track legislation that could make it easier for him to complete a wide-ranging trade deal that would include 11 Pacific Rim nations.

A coalition of 48 Senate Republicans and 14 Democrats voted for Trade Promotion Authority late Friday, sending the legislation to a difficult fight in the House, where it faces more entrenched opposition from Democrats.

The Senate coalition fought off several attempts by opponents to undermine the legislation, defeating amendments that were politically popular but potentially poisonous to Obama’s bid to secure the trade deal.

"This is an important bill, likely the most important bill we will pass this year. It’s important to President Obama,” Sen. Orrin G. Hatch (R-Utah), chairman of the Senate Finance Committee and primary author of the bill, said at the close of debate.

TPA’s fast-track provisions would allow Congress, under strict timelines, to consider trade deals with a simple up-or-down vote without any amendments or requirements of a Senate super-majority to end debate. That would help Obama complete the final details of the Trans-Pacific Partnership (TPP), with the other 11 nations, a bloc that represents about 40 percent of the global economy.

Even the Marxists are against this deal.

TPP Remains Classified after Trade Transparency Act is Blocked by Senate Republicans

Democratic Senators Elizabeth Warren of Massachusetts and Joe Manchin of West Virginia introduced S.1381 on May 19, 2015, which would have required President Obama to de-classify the Trans Pacific Partnership Agreement for at least 60 days before being voted on by Congress

Senators are forced to go into a classified viewing room in order to read the full text of the document, but are not allowed to bring in key staff or take notes on what is included in the bill text. Not only this, but as you would assume for classified documents, elected officials are unable to speak to anyone without proper security clearance about the specific details of the trade negotiations without suffering potential criminal legal ramifications. This becomes a serious issue when dealing with complicated and technical negotiations regarding the largest trade deal in American history. It also raises serious questions about the legislative process and democracy generally when the public is unable to view the content of a bill introduced in Congress, but foreign government officials and private corporations are.

S. 1381; the Trade Transparency Bill, was introduced as part of a unanimous consent request, a procedural move intended to limit debate and structure the amendment process depending on the complexity of the circumstances being negotiated and allowing for tailor made agreements traditionally. But even one opposing vote can derail the tactic, and that is exactly what happened when Republican Senator Orrin Hatch of Arizona voted no. In an incredible Orwellian attempt to justify his opposition to government transparency he said "...if senators are concerned about the level of transparency on trade agreements, they should support the current legislation.", referring to TPP itself. Sen. Hatch admitted that he doesn't know exactly what's in the TPP bill, but still decided to kill any effort to bring transparency to the process.

ORRIN HATCH ON TRADE BILL: ‘I DON’T KNOW FULLY WHAT’S IN TPP MYSELF - Breitbart

Breitbart Video

Link Posted: 5/23/2015 2:58:27 PM EDT
[#43]

Quoted:
Rand will be the only one I will vote for as POTUS in 2016. Even if its a write in. He is not perfect but the GOP hates him. That says a lot.

Not sure what I will do for senate since I will not vote for Toomy as of now.  I will have to see what my choices are.

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Rand will be the only one I will vote for as POTUS in 2016. Even if its a write in. He is not perfect but the GOP hates him. That says a lot.

Not sure what I will do for senate since I will not vote for Toomy as of now.  I will have to see what my choices are.

Rand sided with the Obamacare supporters.

Link Posted: 5/23/2015 3:01:16 PM EDT
[#44]

Quoted:

There will be a lot of people going back to school on the taxpayers dime. Hell I might be one of them. I'll take it.
View Quote
What... you think this free college shit will happen? You think all of a sudden you'll be debt free for schooling? No, I doubt that very much.

Link Posted: 5/23/2015 3:02:29 PM EDT
[#45]
We the people will continue to take it up the ass with no vaseline.  
FBHO,
FC,
Link Posted: 5/23/2015 3:06:13 PM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:
View Quote

Lol
Link Posted: 5/23/2015 3:07:47 PM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:
Thanks GOP!

Boehner Praises Trade Bill Passage

Speaker of the House John Boehner is praising the Senate's passage of the trade bill and calling on Democrats to join with Republicans to pass the law in the House.

"Trade helps create good-paying American jobs, so it’s good news that the Senate has put us one step closer to eliminating trade barriers. These reforms have the support of farmers, manufacturers, small business owners, and Americans from all walks of life, and it’s not hard to figure out why," Boehner says in a statement.

Obama wins trade victory in the Senate

President Obama won a big victory for his trade agenda Friday with the Senate’s approval of fast-track legislation that could make it easier for him to complete a wide-ranging trade deal that would include 11 Pacific Rim nations.

A coalition of 48 Senate Republicans and 14 Democrats voted for Trade Promotion Authority late Friday, sending the legislation to a difficult fight in the House, where it faces more entrenched opposition from Democrats.

The Senate coalition fought off several attempts by opponents to undermine the legislation, defeating amendments that were politically popular but potentially poisonous to Obama’s bid to secure the trade deal.

"This is an important bill, likely the most important bill we will pass this year. It’s important to President Obama,” Sen. Orrin G. Hatch (R-Utah), chairman of the Senate Finance Committee and primary author of the bill, said at the close of debate.

TPA’s fast-track provisions would allow Congress, under strict timelines, to consider trade deals with a simple up-or-down vote without any amendments or requirements of a Senate super-majority to end debate. That would help Obama complete the final details of the Trans-Pacific Partnership (TPP), with the other 11 nations, a bloc that represents about 40 percent of the global economy.

Even the Marxists are against this deal.

TPP Remains Classified after Trade Transparency Act is Blocked by Senate Republicans

Democratic Senators Elizabeth Warren of Massachusetts and Joe Manchin of West Virginia introduced S.1381 on May 19, 2015, which would have required President Obama to de-classify the Trans Pacific Partnership Agreement for at least 60 days before being voted on by Congress

Senators are forced to go into a classified viewing room in order to read the full text of the document, but are not allowed to bring in key staff or take notes on what is included in the bill text. Not only this, but as you would assume for classified documents, elected officials are unable to speak to anyone without proper security clearance about the specific details of the trade negotiations without suffering potential criminal legal ramifications. This becomes a serious issue when dealing with complicated and technical negotiations regarding the largest trade deal in American history. It also raises serious questions about the legislative process and democracy generally when the public is unable to view the content of a bill introduced in Congress, but foreign government officials and private corporations are.

S. 1381; the Trade Transparency Bill, was introduced as part of a unanimous consent request, a procedural move intended to limit debate and structure the amendment process depending on the complexity of the circumstances being negotiated and allowing for tailor made agreements traditionally. But even one opposing vote can derail the tactic, and that is exactly what happened when Republican Senator Orrin Hatch of Arizona voted no. In an incredible Orwellian attempt to justify his opposition to government transparency he said "...if senators are concerned about the level of transparency on trade agreements, they should support the current legislation.", referring to TPP itself. Sen. Hatch admitted that he doesn't know exactly what's in the TPP bill, but still decided to kill any effort to bring transparency to the process.

ORRIN HATCH ON TRADE BILL: ‘I DON’T KNOW FULLY WHAT’S IN TPP MYSELF - Breitbart

Breitbart Video

View Quote

If you don't support the GOP , you're just like DU

Link Posted: 5/23/2015 3:23:31 PM EDT
[#48]

Quoted:
Voted for:

Alexander (R-TN)

Ayotte (R-NH)

Barrasso (R-WY)

Bennet (D-CO)

Blunt (R-MO)

Boozman (R-AR)

Burr (R-NC)

Cantwell (D-WA)

Capito (R-WV)

Cardin (D-MD)

Carper (D-DE)

Cassidy (R-LA)

Coats (R-IN)

Cochran (R-MS)

Coons (D-DE)

Corker (R-TN)

Cornyn (R-TX)

Cotton (R-AR)

Crapo (R-ID)

Cruz (R-TX)

Daines (R-MT)

Ernst (R-IA)

Feinstein (D-CA)

Fischer (R-NE)

Flake (R-AZ)

Gardner (R-CO)

Graham (R-SC)

Grassley (R-IA)

Hatch (R-UT)

Heitkamp (D-ND)

Heller (R-NV)

Hoeven (R-ND)

Inhofe (R-OK)

Isakson (R-GA)

Johnson (R-WI)

Kaine (D-VA)

Kirk (R-IL)

Lankford (R-OK)

McCain (R-AZ)

McCaskill (D-MO)

McConnell (R-KY)

Moran (R-KS)

Murkowski (R-AK)

Murray (D-WA)

Nelson (D-FL)

Perdue (R-GA)

Portman (R-OH)

Risch (R-ID)

Roberts (R-KS)

Rounds (R-SD)

Rubio (R-FL)

Sasse (R-NE)

Scott (R-SC)

Shaheen (D-NH)

Sullivan (R-AK)

Thune (R-SD)

Tillis (R-NC)

Toomey (R-PA)

Vitter (R-LA)

Warner (D-VA)

Wicker (R-MS)

Wyden (D-OR)

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Pretty disgusting.  

James Madison says

Voted for:

Alexander (R-TN)

Ayotte (R-NH)

Barrasso (R-WY)

Bennet (D-CO)

Blunt (R-MO)

Boozman (R-AR)

Burr (R-NC)

Cantwell (D-WA)

Capito (R-WV)

Cardin (D-MD)

Carper (D-DE)

Cassidy (R-LA)

Coats (R-IN)

Cochran (R-MS)

Coons (D-DE)

Corker (R-TN)

Cornyn (R-TX)

Cotton (R-AR)

Crapo (R-ID)

Cruz (R-TX)

Daines (R-MT)

Ernst (R-IA)

Feinstein (D-CA)

Fischer (R-NE)

Flake (R-AZ)

Gardner (R-CO)

Graham (R-SC)

Grassley (R-IA)

Hatch (R-UT)

Heitkamp (D-ND)

Heller (R-NV)

Hoeven (R-ND)

Inhofe (R-OK)

Isakson (R-GA)

Johnson (R-WI)

Kaine (D-VA)

Kirk (R-IL)

Lankford (R-OK)

McCain (R-AZ)

McCaskill (D-MO)

McConnell (R-KY)

Moran (R-KS)

Murkowski (R-AK)

Murray (D-WA)

Nelson (D-FL)

Perdue (R-GA)

Portman (R-OH)

Risch (R-ID)

Roberts (R-KS)

Rounds (R-SD)

Rubio (R-FL)

Sasse (R-NE)

Scott (R-SC)

Shaheen (D-NH)

Sullivan (R-AK)

Thune (R-SD)

Tillis (R-NC)

Toomey (R-PA)

Vitter (R-LA)

Warner (D-VA)

Wicker (R-MS)

Wyden (D-OR)

Thank you, sir

Link Posted: 5/23/2015 3:30:45 PM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:
View Quote

Link Posted: 5/23/2015 3:31:53 PM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Scott Walker? Ted Cruz?
Page / 3
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top