BCM
User Panel

Page / 3
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 5/23/2015 3:38:09 PM EDT
[#1]

Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I don't know that there has ever been a quote more suited to the times we live in .

Endless secret laws , regulations that will be determined later by unknown people....

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Pretty disgusting.  

Anyone have the votes handy?
James Madison says

The internal effects of a mutable policy are still morecalamitous. It poisons the blessing of liberty itself. It will be of littleavail to the people, that the laws are made by men of their own choice, if thelaws be so voluminous that they cannot be read, or so incoherent that theycannot be understood; if they be repealed or revised before they arepromulgated, or undergo such incessant changes that no man, who knows what thelaw is to-day, can guess what it will be to-morrow. Law is defined to be a ruleof action; but how can that be a rule, which is little known, and less fixed?  -Federalist 62

I don't know that there has ever been a quote more suited to the times we live in .

Endless secret laws , regulations that will be determined later by unknown people....

Agreed.  IIRC, Hayek wrote some interesting stuff about passing vague legislation in order to have the details filled in later.  I'll see if I can dig it up somewhere.

Federalist 62 is definitely an interesting one. Here's a couple quotes from immediately after the above.  

Another effect of public instability is the unreasonable
advantage it gives to the sagacious, the enterprising, and the moneyed few over
the industrious and uniformed mass of the people. Every new regulation
concerning commerce or revenue, or in any way affecting the value of the
different species of property, presents a new harvest to those who watch the
change, and can trace its consequences; a harvest, reared not by themselves, but
by the toils and cares of the great body of their fellow-citizens. This is a
state of things in which it may be said with some truth that laws are made for
the few, not for the
many.

What prudent merchant will hazard his fortunes in any
new branch of commerce when he knows not but that his plans may be rendered
unlawful before they can be executed? What farmer or manufacturer will lay
himself out for the encouragement given to any particular cultivation or
establishment, when he can have no assurance that his preparatory labors and
advances will not render him a victim to an inconstant government?

Link Posted: 5/23/2015 3:45:23 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:

If Hillary wins and gets to select supreme court justices, the 2nd amendment is null and void.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
The Republicans have already lost me as a voter for ANY Republican in 2016 (for POTUS).    Keep at it and lose more.

If Hillary wins and gets to select supreme court justices, the 2nd amendment is null and void.

Why does that give me no comfort? Except for a couple of the Republican candidates, I'd say the same.
Link Posted: 5/23/2015 8:00:06 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
Soap, Ballot, Jury and Ammo Box

Which Box do we have left
View Quote

Link Posted: 5/23/2015 8:02:38 PM EDT
[#4]
To paraphrase the Joker:

"This Senate needs an enema!"

Big time.

Starting with both of my fucking RINO senators.

Link Posted: 5/23/2015 8:06:32 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

People like you said the same thing in 1932 in disgust with the Hoover administration when they elected Franklin D. Roosevelt to office along with 59 Democrats in the Senate and 313 Democrats in the HoR.

People back then were RIGHT to be upset with the Republican party however their response, the one you and others are posting here, IS NOT THE ANSWER!

Those people who were legitimately pissed gave the Democrats majorities in both houses of Congress from 1933 - 1947 (14 years) and the Presidency for 20 years (FDR and Truman).

Do you have any idea what damage was done to this Republic during that period?  

Do you recall the National Firearms Act of 1934?    How about the Federal Firearms Act of 1938?   How about the Judges he appointed that gave us the brilliant legal theories that are still here today?   How about Social Security?  

Are you people really this short sighted?  Have you learned nothing from history?   DO NOT GIVE UP ON THE REPUBLICAN PARTY!   Work within the system to have those GOP Senators and Congresscritters REMOVED from office and replaced with those who respect the Constitution.  

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
The Republicans have already lost me as a voter for ANY Republican in 2016 (for POTUS).    Keep at it and lose more.

People like you said the same thing in 1932 in disgust with the Hoover administration when they elected Franklin D. Roosevelt to office along with 59 Democrats in the Senate and 313 Democrats in the HoR.

People back then were RIGHT to be upset with the Republican party however their response, the one you and others are posting here, IS NOT THE ANSWER!

Those people who were legitimately pissed gave the Democrats majorities in both houses of Congress from 1933 - 1947 (14 years) and the Presidency for 20 years (FDR and Truman).

Do you have any idea what damage was done to this Republic during that period?  

Do you recall the National Firearms Act of 1934?    How about the Federal Firearms Act of 1938?   How about the Judges he appointed that gave us the brilliant legal theories that are still here today?   How about Social Security?  

Are you people really this short sighted?  Have you learned nothing from history?   DO NOT GIVE UP ON THE REPUBLICAN PARTY!   Work within the system to have those GOP Senators and Congresscritters REMOVED from office and replaced with those who respect the Constitution.  

Yeah...

No.

I stopped voting when Shitstain McCain threw his hat in the ring.

I am done.   I dont have kids and everything is paid for but the house.   At this point I dont even want to live to see 75-80 and I will be lucky to make it to 50-55.

Only thing I want, and I know is too much to ask of EITHER party, is to be left with my dignity.

Go ahead and give it to Hitlery.   Let us see how bad this shit can get.   Let us see what happens when everything is taken from people including their dignity.
Link Posted: 5/24/2015 7:29:52 AM EDT
[#6]
Page / 3
Next Page Arrow Left
Top Top