Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 3
Link Posted: 3/28/2015 11:32:55 PM EDT
[#1]
The more liberals and leftist scum that leave or change plans to go to Indiana is a win for Indiana.  It's loss for the other states where those libtards go to instead
Link Posted: 3/28/2015 11:34:57 PM EDT
[#2]
I fucking hate Angie's list.they suck Cthulhu's ballsack in hell.

Link Posted: 3/28/2015 11:35:43 PM EDT
[#3]

Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

Used Angie's List to seek potential customers, just cancelled my account.
View Quote
Prepare to have the fuck bugged out of ya'

Link Posted: 3/28/2015 11:42:06 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
Here's the thing about it -  people SHOULD be able to discriminate. We do all the time. Should I go to business A or business B? Well, business A is further away and is more expensive, I'll go to business B. I just discriminated.

As far as businesses go, if it's a sole proprietor business (like a baker, photographer, etc), the owner should be able to decide whom he or she wishes to do business with, or not, on whatever criteria they decide. If people don't like that, they can vote with their wallet. This proposed law in IN would allow people to do that, (while I'm not very familiar with the law) based on religious preferences. Not allowing people to choose would be forcing them to do something they may not want to do. That's slavery.

A more distant relative of mine that lives in IN posted something against the law, and I put it like this, since he does photography (and I think he does a little professionally, but doesn't make a living off of it) - Imagine a guy approaches you and wants to hire you to shoot an event for him. Well, that event is a nudist colony event. You say you don't want to shoot an event like that, because you don't want to be around a bunch of negative people. BAM, he sues you for discrimination, either ruining your business, or you're forced to go shoot a nudist colony event. You wouldn't like that situation, now would you? You should be able to decline business for whatever damn reason you want. If people don't like that, they can vote with their wallet and take their business elsewhere.

View Quote

Oh no. Please don't force me take pictures of those nekkid wimmins!

(Said no ARFCOMMER ever.)
Link Posted: 3/28/2015 11:43:52 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
Nothing involving "Angie's List" meets the criteria for "shit just got real."
View Quote

Concur. This thread gave me a headache (it is not a tumor).
Link Posted: 3/28/2015 11:44:46 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

How about old fat wrinkled women and flabby old men? Have fun.................

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Here's the thing about it -  people SHOULD be able to discriminate. We do all the time. Should I go to business A or business B? Well, business A is further away and is more expensive, I'll go to business B. I just discriminated.

As far as businesses go, if it's a sole proprietor business (like a baker, photographer, etc), the owner should be able to decide whom he or she wishes to do business with, or not, on whatever criteria they decide. If people don't like that, they can vote with their wallet. This proposed law in IN would allow people to do that, (while I'm not very familiar with the law) based on religious preferences. Not allowing people to choose would be forcing them to do something they may not want to do. That's slavery.

A more distant relative of mine that lives in IN posted something against the law, and I put it like this, since he does photography (and I think he does a little professionally, but doesn't make a living off of it) - Imagine a guy approaches you and wants to hire you to shoot an event for him. Well, that event is a nudist colony event. You say you don't want to shoot an event like that, because you don't want to be around a bunch of negative people. BAM, he sues you for discrimination, either ruining your business, or you're forced to go shoot a nudist colony event. You wouldn't like that situation, now would you? You should be able to decline business for whatever damn reason you want. If people don't like that, they can vote with their wallet and take their business elsewhere.

Link Posted: 3/28/2015 11:45:46 PM EDT
[#7]
I just canceled my angieslist membership.

I told them I did no believe they should get in the way of elected
representatives of a state.  That it is between the citizens business,
not theirs as a business.

I told them to stay out of politics if they want my business.

I don't know if it will do any good but ................
Link Posted: 3/28/2015 11:50:31 PM EDT
[#8]
So someone else will come along to fill the void left by angies list.  It will be ALs loss. This is not an issue most people give a rats ass about.  They might tell you so in public, but that is just to avoid the drama and insane display from the irrational gay militants.
Link Posted: 3/28/2015 11:54:16 PM EDT
[#9]
Link Posted: 3/28/2015 11:54:23 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Just ran out of film shooting the hot wimmins. Sorry.
Link Posted: 3/28/2015 11:59:53 PM EDT
[#11]
Link Posted: 3/29/2015 12:10:34 AM EDT
[#12]
95% of my Facebook friends are from Indiana as I grew up there. After the past week of people bitching and moaning I can tell you that most people don't actually understand the law and why it was passed. They're just mad at Pence and his "cabal of old rich racist white guys", and that's it.

None of them took ten minutes to read the bill, or even look into it (unless it was an article trashing Pence and SB101).

I'm conspicuously missing quite a few friends this week - they didn't like hearing that Schumer proposed the Federal law Clinton signed in 1993, and that it was passed nearly unanimously. They loved hearing that the USC overturned it in 1997, of course not because it was "Discriminatory", but because it was outside the scope of Federal authority.

They cried rivers when they found out that about 18 other states already HAVE this exact law on the books, and shit didn't burn down, and no gays have been burned at the stake or stoned to death.

They unfriended me after I told them forcing someone to provide labor or other services against their will, using the threat of force was slavery.

Fuck I love Facebook sometimes.

Link Posted: 3/29/2015 12:23:16 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

It's more like Eurotrip, where you'd be taking pictures of mostly middle aged men and hairy old women.   It's not the ideal "just like a normal beach, but without swimsuits!" everybody fantasizes about.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Just ran out of film shooting the hot wimmins. Sorry.

It's more like Eurotrip, where you'd be taking pictures of mostly middle aged men and hairy old women.   It's not the ideal "just like a normal beach, but without swimsuits!" everybody fantasizes about.

So my google image search of 'nudist colony' and the resulting images are an alcohol fueled mirage? Whodathunkit.
Link Posted: 3/29/2015 12:37:37 AM EDT
[#14]
Well, bye . Wonder what other companies will join them?
Link Posted: 3/29/2015 9:46:03 AM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

Tolerance for Religious Freedom? Does this mean Sharia Law can be brought to Indiana now? I'd like to see you guys "Tolerate" that.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Funny how this site encourages gun companies to move to free states but not anyone else. Good for them

Yes I am glad to know that Angies List is intolerant of religious freedom and conservative values....so I will encourage all my friends and family to like wise show them the same respect.

Tolerance for Religious Freedom? Does this mean Sharia Law can be brought to Indiana now? I'd like to see you guys "Tolerate" that.

Yes Sharia = the freedom to not do business with you.
Link Posted: 3/29/2015 10:05:16 AM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

Yes I am glad to know that Angies List is intolerant of religious freedom and conservative values....so I will encourage all my friends and family to like wise show them the same respect.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Funny how this site encourages gun companies to move to free states but not anyone else. Good for them

This.......IN has figured out how to troll all "who hate religious freedom and conservative values" and I'm in to see the results.

Lists are being compiled.
Link Posted: 3/29/2015 12:51:53 PM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:

The more liberals and leftist scum that leave or change plans to go to Indiana is a win for Indiana.  It's loss for the other states where those libtards go to instead
View Quote
Thank god. The amount of butthurt here is ridiculous. I kept saying that If it didn't pass a person could force jews to make Hitler birthday cakes.... They didn't care. But they say it was ok for gays to not want to make Pro traditional marriage cakes.. (A guy on youtube called 13 gay bakeries and some got nasty). I wish all liberals would just move to California and leave the rest of us alone.

Link Posted: 3/29/2015 12:55:45 PM EDT
[#18]
Link Posted: 3/29/2015 1:01:00 PM EDT
[#19]

Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

As long as it does not interfere with laws and rights of the citizen then its a non issue. Sharia doesn't apply. They cant legally dictate marriages,divorces, penalties etc etc. None of the rights or legal standings of sharia hold anything above the law here. They can bring it here and pretend it applies, but it doesn't. If they want to choose to follow sharia in terms of who they do business with, go ahead. But thats about as far as it gets, and thats as far as the bill allows. don't go trying to poke the hive trying to get people to come out and lose it over the extremism of sharia law in a situation where religion doesn't even need to apply. Your a private business owner, you get to deny service to who you want. Its that simple.

Link Posted: 3/29/2015 1:10:55 PM EDT
[#20]
I'm not shitting you I just did some tile work in one of their buildings this morning. They throw money around like drunken fools. Several months ago I did a bunch of tile work in a new property they bought. Big tvs , nice office furniture. I installed plank porcelain that looks like wood floor (pretty big right now) looks like shit to me. About 2 weeks after I got that done I heard they were laying people off.  They have this big fuckin old subway car looking pile in the middle of their campus called the sanitary diner. They do nothing but serve high dollar coffee to themselves out of this thing (where I put tile this weekend). To hear it from the GC they paid big money for it too just to serve themselves coffee. Fuckers.  Everytime tax breaks are denied they threaten and cry they have to lay people off. Angies List and their employees are FSA assholes.
Link Posted: 3/29/2015 1:22:34 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
I am pretty sure the world can do without Angies List.
View Quote

It seems to have functioned fine before AL was a thing.
Link Posted: 3/29/2015 1:41:46 PM EDT
[#22]
Good.
Link Posted: 3/29/2015 1:56:43 PM EDT
[#23]
OK.  Am I the only one who doesn't know what Angies List is?  I mean I saw some reference in the thread and I even Googled it.  But WTF does "US-based, paid subscription supported website containing crowd-source reviews of local businesses" really mean?
So someone or the business pays to either get or be reviewed?  Isn't crap like Yelp free already?  And how does this business prevent manipulation?  Or is it the reason they are a business in the 1st place.
Sounds like a BS business if you ask me.  So I don't care what they think.  And even if it wasn't a BS business, I still don't care what they think.

But What I do think is we are creating more laws that basically allows certain people to do things that previously were no laws?  We are fast approaching laws on the books telling us where we can take a shit.  OR are we already there yet?

Link Posted: 3/29/2015 2:07:55 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
We are trading special rights for homosexuality for religious freedom and freedom of conscience.  It is not a good trade.  
View Quote

But people keep telling me that's all we need to do for the Republicans to win every election, forever.
Link Posted: 3/29/2015 2:09:48 PM EDT
[#25]
WTF is Angie's List?  Do I need to care?
Link Posted: 3/29/2015 2:16:10 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
You should be able to decline business for whatever damn reason you want. If people don't like that, they can vote with their wallet and take their business elsewhere.

View Quote

Bottom line reason.  If business A cannot accommodate you, find someone else.

You would think that all these malcontents would applaud this as a way to create and grow new businesses.

Call your bakery something like Queers are Us and the hundreds of millions homosexuals, trannies, and others will beat a path to your door and make you rich.

Or come up with one name and apply it to every business possible.   Start a franchise system.  

But no, people just have to go Mike Brown and protest instead of seeing the doors that are opened.
Link Posted: 3/29/2015 2:22:26 PM EDT
[#27]
Here is some info on the $18 million that Angie's List wanted

http://fox59.com/2015/01/26/multi-million-dollar-angies-list-proposal-rescheduled/

I wonder if it was approved.

Update:  According to the following link it has not been approved yet they were about to break ground in a few days.  

http://www.ibj.com/articles/52483-angies-list-calls-off-40m-expansion-over-freedom-bill

"Angie's List Inc. says it is calling off plans for a $40 million expansion to its east-side headquarters "as a result of the passage of the Religious Freedom Restoration Act."

"We are putting the 'Ford Building Project' on hold until we fully understand the implications of the freedom restoration act on our employees, both current and future," Angie's List CEO Bill Oesterle said in a written statement issued late Saturday morning.

Angie's List was seeking $18.5 million in bond money from the city to support the expansion, which it said would create more than 1,000 jobs by the end of 2019.

The statement said the company was expecting to break ground on the project "within days" even though the proposal has yet to receive approval from the Indianapolis City-County Council."
Link Posted: 3/29/2015 3:51:17 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
View Quote

You do understand that the Indiana statute is indistinguishable from current federal law, don't you?
Link Posted: 3/29/2015 3:58:23 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Tolerance for religious freedom means that Muslims can practice Islam. It means that they can enter into contracts which specify that "this agreement will be governed by Sharia law as enunciated by the Imam __________," and the contract will be construed by US courts applying Sharia law as enunciated by the Imam __________ . So the answer to your half-witted question is that while Sharia law can be brought to Indiana, it's not because of the statute mentioned in the OP.
Link Posted: 3/29/2015 6:51:05 PM EDT
[#30]
This makes me wish I lived 45 minutes east.
Link Posted: 3/30/2015 9:20:29 AM EDT
[#31]
In my indoctrination business class I learned that we should feel bad for not trying to overturn RTRF...
Link Posted: 3/30/2015 9:25:17 AM EDT
[#32]
Don't have a problem with it.  Businesses should be able to turn people away for whatever reason they want.  Customers can do business with whoever they want, or not....based on whatever criteria they want.  Let the backlash (if it's actually going to matter) be in the wallet.  Either businesses will change their ways due to market pressure, or they won't need to.  Either way, this shouldn't ever have been a role of government to decide who does business with who, for what reasons.
Link Posted: 3/30/2015 9:27:49 AM EDT
[#33]
I would say there is a fundamental difference between making a wedding cake with 2 little males in the top of the cake to celebrate a gay wedding and allowing a gay guy to post a review on a website about how the plumber that just roto-routered his pipes did such a great job.  

Or something like that.

angies list is a joke.
Link Posted: 3/30/2015 9:30:54 AM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:

Guys like me, then 2 years later you find yourself headed to court with the people you hired
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Who even uses Angies List?

Guys like me, then 2 years later you find yourself headed to court with the people you hired

details?
Link Posted: 3/30/2015 9:31:21 AM EDT
[#35]
Angie's List is a joke . . . It's difficult for me to believe that any sane person would have any faith in a site that recommends only those firms that pay to be a member of the site . . . It's as big a scam as the Better Business Bureau.

Link Posted: 3/30/2015 9:31:25 AM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:
I would say there is a fundamental difference between making a wedding cake with 2 little males in the top of the cake to celebrate a gay wedding and allowing a gay guy to post a review on a website about how the plumber that just roto-routered his pipes did such a great job.  

Or something like that.

angies list is a joke.
View Quote

The fundamental difference being that the cake people enslaved the cake-maker using their special class.  They could have gone to a different damn bakery.  That case should never have gone the way it went.  Freedom means I can say "nope, don't want your $$$ in return for my xxxx because xxx."  Anything else is slavery.
Link Posted: 3/30/2015 9:37:56 AM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:

The fundamental difference being that the cake people enslaved the cake-maker using their special class.  They could have gone to a different damn bakery.  That case should never have gone the way it went.  Freedom means I can say "nope, don't want your $$$ in return for my xxxx because xxx."  Anything else is slavery.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Or something like that.

angies list is a joke.

I agree with that and is what I meant, but
Dude, read what I wrote again.  I guess I should have included a smiley.
Link Posted: 3/30/2015 9:45:45 AM EDT
[#38]
Just a simple question.

Did Angie's list Pull Out of the other states that already have the same law on the books? And there are several of them.

Sooner or later all states (except Kali) will have the law.

EBR666
Link Posted: 3/30/2015 5:00:18 PM EDT
[#39]

Quoted:

Just a simple question.

Did Angie's list Pull Out of the other states that already have the same law on the books? And there are several of them.

Sooner or later all states (except Kali) will have the law.

EBR666
View Quote
It's a publicity stunt.  Corporate America has a lot of companies looking for free advertising in the news cycle.  

Link Posted: 3/30/2015 5:15:35 PM EDT
[#40]
Link Posted: 3/30/2015 5:22:09 PM EDT
[#41]
Link Posted: 3/30/2015 5:25:49 PM EDT
[#42]
Don't discriminate against my right to discriminate.

Link Posted: 3/30/2015 8:12:37 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:
if that is the reason Angies is doing it, aren't they doing the same thing they are objecting to with the law?
View Quote

Let me get this straight...

3 BIG companies, the NBA, the NFL, and Angies List have exercised their right to choose not to do business with Indiana. Angies list is a company that suggests to consumers which businesses to do business with.

They are exercising their rights because the state of Indiana has passed a law that allows SMALL business such as Jewish business owners to choose not to do business with Nazi's, business owners who might have been molested as a child to not do business with pedophiles and Christian business owners to no to have to bake lesbian cakes.

I understand now. Things really are screwed up. Those 3 BIG businesses are a bunch of bigots.
Link Posted: 3/30/2015 8:16:54 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:

3 BIG companies, the NBA, the NFL, and Angies List have exercised their right to choose not to do business with Indiana. Angies list is a company that suggests to consumers which businesses to do business with.

They are exercising their rights because the state of Indiana has passed a law that allows SMALL business such as Jewish business owners to choose not to do business with Nazi's, business owners who might have been molested as a child to not do business with pedophiles and Christian business owners to no to have to bake lesbian cakes.

I understand now. Things really are screwed up. Those 3 BIG businesses are a bunch of bigots.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
if that is the reason Angies is doing it, aren't they doing the same thing they are objecting to with the law?

I like how you use two extreme examples then go back to that one to prove your point.

Link Posted: 3/30/2015 8:27:41 PM EDT
[#45]
As well as Amazon is about to eat their lunch, convenient cover and feel good to stockholders.

Quoted:
real story is, they are freezing the expansion because they could not get .gov freebie subsidies for the expansion.

But hey, social justice and trannies!
View Quote

Link Posted: 3/30/2015 8:28:03 PM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:
Guess they should leave the US too since the RFRA is already a federal thing.
View Quote

Link Posted: 3/30/2015 8:30:19 PM EDT
[#47]

Quoted:

real story is, they are freezing the expansion because they could not get .gov freebie subsidies for the expansion.

But hey, social justice and trannies!
View Quote

Yup.  Angie had her hand out for "incentives".  

Link Posted: 3/30/2015 8:32:45 PM EDT
[#48]

Quoted:

View Quote

Bad news, sport.  There is a federal law of the same ilk.

Link Posted: 3/30/2015 8:37:39 PM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:
Who even uses Angies List?
View Quote

Angie's list and yelp can go to fucking hell. Basically graft goldmines.
Link Posted: 3/30/2015 8:44:47 PM EDT
[#50]
This IN law is pure awesome, it needs to spread as far and wide and quick as possible. I was sorry to hear some backpedaling going on on the radio this evening.
Page / 3
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top