Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 296
Link Posted: 6/26/2015 12:11:16 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History

By "after" they mean after the transition to OBT. if you are going to post stupid crap like that I'd advise you actually try reading first.
View Quote

how is that stupid? It says AFTER OPEN not after closed beta testing.
Link Posted: 6/26/2015 12:24:12 PM EDT
[#2]
View Quote

My doubloons were not refunded, hopefully that gets resolved.
Link Posted: 6/26/2015 1:03:30 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Mine were. I bought back my Murmansk quickly. I also have my Gremyashchy. I did not re-buy the Kitakami because it was weak sauce. I always got destroyed before I could do anything effective with torpedoes on that boat. It was like a really BIG, slow DD - lots of torps, but weak as shit, easy to sink.
Link Posted: 6/26/2015 1:28:47 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:

Mine were. I bought back my Murmansk quickly. I also have my Gremyashchy. I did not re-buy the Kitakami because it was weak sauce. I always got destroyed before I could do anything effective with torpedoes on that boat. It was like a really BIG, slow DD - lots of torps, but weak as shit, easy to sink.
View Quote
I don't think it is even available anymore. I think it was replaced with another IJN cruiser?

Link Posted: 6/26/2015 2:00:58 PM EDT
[#5]
0-7
Link Posted: 6/26/2015 2:03:45 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
0-7
View Quote

12-7 for me...
Link Posted: 6/26/2015 2:24:49 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

I ended up 4-4 on the night last night, and could have very easily been 5-3.  We had a loss that came down to probably a 1 second difference in cap timer time and was one of those well fought games that doesn't sting quite as bad.   The other 3 losses were exactly what you said..."Wx5" and yolos in the Tier 1 and 2 ships to quickly grind through them.  A couple of those games the guys even announced it...basically saying "trying to get back to my Cleveland ASAP, sorry for the suicide grind."

The flip side is that the 4 wins I had were the result of the other team going full yolo.  I basically just tooled around at the end of my gun range at 1/4 steam and put fire on the ships as they suicide.   The chaos is frustrating and is probably going to be a trademark of this game, as it became in WOT.   I think many of the CBT players that are playing this first "bonus" week of OBT are trying to get up to the mid tiers so that as the fresh meat comes in during the public OBT, they will be in place to club all the fresh baby seals.

One thing I did notice was how much differently the Tier 1 and 2 ships handle compared to the mid to high tier ships.   I did have to chuckle as I got accused of using "auto aim" already.   Some moron was sailing a perfectly straight heading at constant speed and once I had the lead figured out I just kept piling it on.  He did finally change course and turned into me, which made hitting him even easier.   I can see guys thinking its auto aim when you land the first salvo from max range, but once you dial in fire it really isn't too hard to keep that fire on the enemy when he's not making major change to speed and course.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
I'm pretty shocked at the negative attitudes...

The game is quite a bit more polished now - the warning voice is more on the ball and even tells you which side incoming torpedoes are on.  Almost all of the changes in .4.0 are positive (that I am able to test).

Low level play is basically a crapshoot (and it always was), so I wouldn't get too worked up over that, nor the (IMO, foolish) premium ship battles.

While this isn't open beta, it still has many of the characteristics of a release, and it's bound to be a bit chaotic.

It isn't the chaos, it is the total me and only me attitude than ruins the games. WoT turned into it after introduction of the personal missions and ships is way ahead of that curve. Wargaming's path does nothing but encourage singular solo play in a team game. Winning is not emphasized. It is so blaringly obvious that Wargaming fosters this so that people spend more money. The avarice is ugly and off putting.

I ended up 4-4 on the night last night, and could have very easily been 5-3.  We had a loss that came down to probably a 1 second difference in cap timer time and was one of those well fought games that doesn't sting quite as bad.   The other 3 losses were exactly what you said..."Wx5" and yolos in the Tier 1 and 2 ships to quickly grind through them.  A couple of those games the guys even announced it...basically saying "trying to get back to my Cleveland ASAP, sorry for the suicide grind."

The flip side is that the 4 wins I had were the result of the other team going full yolo.  I basically just tooled around at the end of my gun range at 1/4 steam and put fire on the ships as they suicide.   The chaos is frustrating and is probably going to be a trademark of this game, as it became in WOT.   I think many of the CBT players that are playing this first "bonus" week of OBT are trying to get up to the mid tiers so that as the fresh meat comes in during the public OBT, they will be in place to club all the fresh baby seals.

One thing I did notice was how much differently the Tier 1 and 2 ships handle compared to the mid to high tier ships.   I did have to chuckle as I got accused of using "auto aim" already.   Some moron was sailing a perfectly straight heading at constant speed and once I had the lead figured out I just kept piling it on.  He did finally change course and turned into me, which made hitting him even easier.   I can see guys thinking its auto aim when you land the first salvo from max range, but once you dial in fire it really isn't too hard to keep that fire on the enemy when he's not making major change to speed and course.

I was very good at the initial salvo hit until they nerfed the hell out of some of the smaller shells flight times.  Now I have had time to re-adjust, and it's 12km and under, my rounds will be hitting you....
Link Posted: 6/26/2015 2:27:05 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

12-7 for me...
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
0-7

12-7 for me...

3-1 so far with 4 kills  

Once the DDs are unlocked, those kills will rise rapidly  
Link Posted: 6/26/2015 2:38:40 PM EDT
[#9]
1-7

I finally got a win. I am averaging over 1 kill per game and 40K damage running tier 1 cruisers with 3 or 4 games not tier 1. I don't think I am doing bad. It is just the YOLOing idiots.
Link Posted: 6/26/2015 2:57:29 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
1-7

I finally got a win. I am averaging over 1 kill per game and 40K damage running tier 1 cruisers with 3 or 4 games not tier 1. I don't think I am doing bad. It is just the YOLOing idiots.
View Quote

You need to unleash your wonder twin powers of verbal abuse. Liberal use of "coat hanger" and "suck start a pistol" in chat always makes you feel better.
Link Posted: 6/26/2015 3:11:28 PM EDT
[#11]
9 - 6 last night. See if I can hold on to my WR this weekend... maybe I should just retire my account now with 60% WR.
Link Posted: 6/26/2015 3:16:13 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
1-7

View Quote

I'm planning on being on tonight and looking to platoon if you are interested.  Seems that 2-3 guys working together do have some slight advantage even with the yoloing idiots.
Link Posted: 6/26/2015 4:03:50 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

You need to unleash your wonder twin powers of verbal abuse. Liberal use of "coat hanger" and "suck start a pistol" in chat always makes you feel better.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
1-7

"Your mother had every right to use a coat hanger to kill you before you were born!"

"You suck, start a pistol confiscation program to redeem yourself!"

I guess I don't get it. Using those words liberally doesn't seem to make an effective insult, it just makes me look stupid...

Link Posted: 6/26/2015 4:53:04 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
1-7

I am really trying to be good. I don't want to have to start another counter in TS.
Link Posted: 6/26/2015 4:58:30 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

I'm planning on being on tonight and looking to platoon if you are interested.  Seems that 2-3 guys working together do have some slight advantage even with the yoloing idiots.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
1-7

I'll be on later.  Look for my brother (T_Chromium) and I....
Link Posted: 6/26/2015 4:59:04 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

I am really trying to be good. I don't want to have to start another counter in TS.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
1-7

I think you should lump them all together.  It would look more impressive!  
Link Posted: 6/26/2015 5:11:50 PM EDT
[#17]
So right now I sit at 3-7.
Link Posted: 6/26/2015 5:54:49 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
1-7

Roger that.  1 for 5 so far today
Link Posted: 6/26/2015 7:23:09 PM EDT
[#19]
Any heavy DD player get to spend some time on the DDs?

They are broken.   The smoke lasts less than 1/2 the time, you can't even make a circle with it anymore.   In the lower tiers with short range torps, you get blasted way before you can launch.  Really you will have to hide out and then try to get a strike in from behind an island.  Guns are terrible now on a DD, damage is puny.  

They really cut out DD aggressiveness.

Going to go cruiser line and forget DDs for a while since they are broken.    

Otherwise, game mechanics seem better.  Most of the changes are positive except regarding DDs.

Link Posted: 6/26/2015 7:49:52 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

They are broken.   The smoke lasts less than 1/2 the time, you can't even make a circle with it anymore.   In the lower tiers with short range torps, you get blasted way before you can launch.  Really you will have to hide out and then try to get a strike in from behind an island.  Guns are terrible now on a DD, damage is puny.  

Going to go cruiser line and forget DDs for a while since they are broken.    

Otherwise, game mechanics seem better.  Most of the changes are positive except regarding DDs.

View Quote

Smoke (when used to hide in for extended periods before attacking from) has always been a crutch.  The change prevents someone - or groups - from parking in a smoke cloud and raining shells down on every nearby enemy.

In low tier matches, the maps are small enough and have enough islands that ambushing ships is not difficult.  Guns are still effective against other DDs and okay against cruisers.

I'm up to tier 4 US DD, FWIW.
Link Posted: 6/26/2015 7:55:22 PM EDT
[#21]
Aslain's Modpack is out for 0.4.0 as well....

Aslain's Modpack for WoWs
Link Posted: 6/26/2015 8:05:09 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:

View Quote

i think that's a feature, not a bug.  as fun as freelancing can be, it's just unsound play. a DD really should be hiding or supporting, and pouncing on cripples.

in CBT, a japanese DD could sit out in the open--totally unspotted--until a BB was 8km away.  then smoke on the way in, dump torps, magically vanish, and wait for the kill prompt.  it was stupid fun, but grossly OP.  DDs were going to break the game.

i quit for a while, but have just reinstalled.  who knows--my attitude might change.  but i suspect that a bit of DD nerf is going to help overall gameplay.

Link Posted: 6/26/2015 9:08:43 PM EDT
[#23]
I am 6-13 since the restart. DDs are completely broken. I am about done if things don't get better and quick
Link Posted: 6/26/2015 9:23:37 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
I am 6-13 since the restart. DDs are completely broken. I am about done if things don't get better and quick
View Quote

So far I'm not having any issues with DDs.  Gremy is still great, Sampson is smashing faces so far, and I'm about to get the Umikaze.  

I'm 7-2 overall at the moment....
Link Posted: 6/26/2015 9:27:55 PM EDT
[#25]
As a US DD player they are screwed bad. I posted this over on the WOWs forums.

The US DDs have been nerfed by the smoke changes. With only 2 smokes
and the very short length of time and very long reloads has made it
pretty much impossible to make more than 2 effective attacks that are
not island ambushes. Unlike the Japanese which have long range torps
that they can fire outside of visual range the US DDs have to go way
into visual range. Also you can no long use your guns behind a smoke
screen like before since they are so small and so few. The fact that you
can't get 5 with an advanced capt. really hurts them too.

The US DDs really need an extra smoke or something to compensate for the new skills and short time periods.

View Quote

I can not figure out why they made such a large change in the game w/o play testing it in CBT.

Link Posted: 6/26/2015 9:28:23 PM EDT
[#26]
Link Posted: 6/26/2015 10:41:14 PM EDT
[#27]
Great to see Journey and Canuck on opfor, and warkittens Power and Spiritzero3 in game.  What beats a coordinated toilet bowl?  A bitch cap, that's what!  ;)

Well played old chap, well played.
Link Posted: 6/27/2015 12:49:11 AM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:

i think that's a feature, not a bug.  as fun as freelancing can be, it's just unsound play. a DD really should be hiding or supporting, and pouncing on cripples.

in CBT, a japanese DD could sit out in the open--totally unspotted--until a BB was 8km away.  then smoke on the way in, dump torps, magically vanish, and wait for the kill prompt.  it was stupid fun, but grossly OP.  DDs were going to break the game.

i quit for a while, but have just reinstalled.  who knows--my attitude might change.  but i suspect that a bit of DD nerf is going to help overall gameplay.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Yes, that was the strength of the DD.   It has to have an ability to hurt the enemy or it isn't viable.  It doesn't have big guns, it can get one shotted by a cruiser or BB, it really doesn't go any faster than the big BBs, cruisers, or CVs.   Being able to hide and deliver torps is it.

Now, not so much.  Try playing any DD except a high IJN DD now on the ocean map.  It is not viable at all.

ETA: After more games in the Grem, Umi, Sims, DDs are not viable as a consistent damage dealer anymore.
Link Posted: 6/27/2015 1:33:31 AM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:

Yes, that was the strength of the DD.   It has to have an ability to hurt the enemy or it isn't viable.  It doesn't have big guns, it can get one shotted by a cruiser or BB, it really doesn't go any faster than the big BBs, cruisers, or CVs.   Being able to hide and deliver torps is it.

Now, not so much.  Try playing any DD except a high IJN DD now on the ocean map.  It is not viable at all.

ETA: After more games in the Grem, Umi, Sims, DDs are not viable as a consistent damage dealer anymore.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

True, but just ask the guys of Taffy III....those DD's wrecked house vs. some pretty big IJN BB's and Cruisers back in the day.
Link Posted: 6/27/2015 2:47:06 AM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

after installing and playing a bit, i have to agree with you to some extent--the smoke limits are pretty bad.
Link Posted: 6/27/2015 1:41:45 PM EDT
[#31]
Running in a division makes a huge improvement in win %.  I'm 20/35 so far (57% WR) and a large amount of that was due to playing in divisions last night.  Thanks to Power, Spirit, and Warkittens for the good games!

Also...the St. Louis could just be the ideal Tier 3 seal clubber right now.  If you fire broadside sequentially you can almost have a constant rain of shells coming down on an enemy ship.
Link Posted: 6/27/2015 2:36:48 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:
Running in a division makes a huge improvement in win %.  I'm 20/35 so far (57% WR) and a large amount of that was due to playing in divisions last night.  Thanks to Power, Spirit, and Warkittens for the good games!

Also...the St. Louis could just be the ideal Tier 3 seal clubber right now.  If you fire broadside sequentially you can almost have a constant rain of shells coming down on an enemy ship.
View Quote

Yep - I just leveled out of mine, but kept it and put a fresh captain in it. I'm regularly getting 100k+ credit games in it, with 3-4 kills and 100-150 hits.
Link Posted: 6/27/2015 2:59:43 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:

Yep - I just leveled out of mine, but kept it and put a fresh captain in it. I'm regularly getting 100k+ credit games in it, with 3-4 kills and 100-150 hits.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

It's a great ship, for sure.

Link Posted: 6/27/2015 3:53:28 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:

True, but just ask the guys of Taffy III....those DD's wrecked house vs. some pretty big IJN BB's and Cruisers back in the day.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Oh definitely, I agree.  Taffy III DDs were very OP and they had crews and captains that were made of steel.  

Not asking for DDs to be OP here, just for balancing.
Link Posted: 6/27/2015 10:08:20 PM EDT
[#35]
I can't update for some reason.  I get an error about "unable to download via HTTP"

Link Posted: 6/28/2015 12:38:13 AM EDT
[#36]
Played a few more battles in WoWS. I am uninstalling it. Just not my type of game.

2-3 torpedo's takes me out completely. Yeah they are devastating...I def get that. But what is annoying is that I can't see them until it's too late and I can't see the destroyer that launched them...no smoke screen either. Torpedo's are going to become WoWS artillery, a broken game mechanic that won't ever be balanced properly at least in my opinion. They will be complained about in the forums like arty is in WoT.

One volley from a battleship takes my life down to basically nothing. Full health Murmansk and 1 volley takes me to less than 900hp. Yea, no thanks.

I just see very little point to this game. WoT has it's downsides but at least it has more elements to it's gameplay than this. I did enjoy some of my battles and I am grateful that I was able to participate in the CBT but this is where it ends for me. I am glad that some of you guys are enjoying it though....just not my type of game.

Link Posted: 6/28/2015 12:47:31 AM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:
I can't update for some reason.  I get an error about "unable to download via HTTP"

View Quote

You have to go back and click that wrench so it can use torrents.
Link Posted: 6/28/2015 10:18:01 AM EDT
[#38]
Yes DD play has changed with the nerf, but good, SMART players can still make bank. I'm not that guy most of the time but when I am I slay. Just was in a game with Jungle Jim and he racked up 4 kills with his Isokase by ambushing and picking off the cripples. I love the St Louis as well in CA play when MM is kind and I love that rate of fire as well, You can give a good account with it in nearly any situation if you've got targets in range.
It's fun and I'll keep playing. See you in game

M256
Link Posted: 6/28/2015 11:57:29 AM EDT
[#39]

Quoted:

Yes DD play has changed with the nerf, but good, SMART players can still make bank. I'm not that guy most of the time but when I am I slay. Just was in a game with Jungle Jim and he racked up 4 kills with his Isokase by ambushing and picking off the cripples. I love the St Louis as well in CA play when MM is kind and I love that rate of fire as well, You can give a good account with it in nearly any situation if you've got targets in range.

It's fun and I'll keep playing. See you in game

M256
View Quote
Still struggling with destroyers. I find myself doing better in cruiser, with torpedoes; than in destroyers, with torpedoes.  Probably a combination of better guns and more HP.

Link Posted: 6/28/2015 4:40:38 PM EDT
[#40]
So I'm in an Isokaze today, and did a suicide charge against a Phoenix. I held my torps until I was ~1km out, and he started to turn to evade. I launched one right at him, then the second inside so when he turned toward me they'd hit.

He dodged - did a great job, in fact - and all of my torpedoes missed. I found myself broadside to a cruiser, in a shitty IJN DD, with nowhere to go. He already had me at ~15% HP, so I was pretty much fucked. One gun was turned to him, and it would take another 30 seconds or so before the other turned around in this shitbucket.

So I fired. My one round of HE hit him at the top of the hull, just aft of his superstructure.

BOOM.

I hit his magazine, killing him from full HP with a single shot.  

Proof:

Link Posted: 6/28/2015 4:57:03 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:
So I'm in an Isokaze today, and did a suicide charge against a Phoenix. I held my torps until I was ~1km out, and he started to turn to evade. I launched one right at him, then the second inside so when he turned toward me they'd hit.

He dodged - did a great job, in fact - and all of my torpedoes missed. I found myself broadside to a cruiser, in a shitty IJN DD, with nowhere to go. He already had me at ~15% HP, so I was pretty much fucked. One gun was turned to him, and it would take another 30 seconds or so before the other turned around in this shitbucket.

So I fired. My one round of HE hit him at the top of the hull, just aft of his superstructure.

BOOM.

I hit his magazine, killing him from full HP with a single shot.  

Proof:

http://i.imgur.com/8jXOo6m.png
View Quote

DETONATION!

very nice, doesn't happen that often.

Before the patch, I was in my Fubuki, and 1 shotted a Montana, just 1 torp hit, and there was a detonation - sunk.

Link Posted: 6/28/2015 5:25:44 PM EDT
[#42]
View Quote

Awesome!  
Link Posted: 6/28/2015 6:39:33 PM EDT
[#43]
This game seems very broken.

On my Yubari in the last match, I basically had a broken engine more than 1/2 the time, waiting on my repair to come back up.  Modules die so easy.  That might be fixed if they ever fix the HE vs AP business.

The game was ruined with this last patch.  I'm probably taking a long break until I read some major changes on the forums.    For me (a DD heavy player) the game is not worth it any more.   And I have all these refunded dubloons or whatever the gold currency sitting in my account now.
Link Posted: 6/28/2015 11:49:27 PM EDT
[#44]
I've implemented my 3 consecutive loss rule from WOT.  Holy crap it was retardoville tonight.   Teams made contact and just yolo'd on in shooting random targets.  In 3 losses I had 9 kills and completed my 2 missions in 2 games.
Link Posted: 6/29/2015 1:04:34 AM EDT
[#45]
I'm doing okay
Link Posted: 6/29/2015 3:30:39 AM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:
View Quote

Yep, it's been very difficult playing DDs in the low tiers. What bums me is that recently I watched a documentary on the Fletcher class destroyer. One of the guys on a gun crew on a Fletcher was saying what their rate of fire was. It was quite a bit higher than in the game.

IJN DDs are very difficult to play in the lower tiers, because the guns turn so. fucking....... s l   o    w      l       y   you can't react quickly in a bad situation.  I've gotten my ass shot off several times because I was able to sneak up on a BB, drop torps only to have 5 out of 6 of them dodged, then when I turn tail and run, I can't get my guns around to do anything.

I know the low tier shit is weak, so I'm hoping that once I'm back up to the Minekaze, it'll be similar to previous gameplay. I do have a Gremyashchy, but I haven't played it much so far.
Link Posted: 6/29/2015 8:52:19 AM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:

So far I'm not having any issues with DDs.  Gremy is still great, Sampson is smashing faces so far, and I'm about to get the Umikaze.  

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Seriously? the Gremy is great? I think it's badly flawed for a premium ship. The torpedo reload time is insanely long and it seems like every hit on the stern of the ship knocks out propulsion or steering. I find it very frustrating to play.

M256
Link Posted: 6/29/2015 9:29:11 AM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:

Yep, it's been very difficult playing DDs in the low tiers. What bums me is that recently I watched a documentary on the Fletcher class destroyer. One of the guys on a gun crew on a Fletcher was saying what their rate of fire was. It was quite a bit higher than in the game.

IJN DDs are very difficult to play in the lower tiers, because the guns turn so. fucking....... s l   o    w      l       y   you can't react quickly in a bad situation.  I've gotten my ass shot off several times because I was able to sneak up on a BB, drop torps only to have 5 out of 6 of them dodged, then when I turn tail and run, I can't get my guns around to do anything.

I know the low tier shit is weak, so I'm hoping that once I'm back up to the Minekaze, it'll be similar to previous gameplay. I do have a Gremyashchy, but I haven't played it much so far.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

If a BB is dodging 5/6 of your torps, you're firing them way too soon.

Also, against a BB, you have to make ALL your torps count, or you're toast. Their secondaries will eat you aliveat close range.

I've been having fun in the Isokaze, but I'm looking forward to moving on to the Minekaze as well.

The Clemson is a turd. It's only saving grace is that it has two sets of torps on each side, giving you one hell of a benefit in a close-in fight with multiple attackers. The one fun moment I've had so far is driving right down the middle of three enemy DDs in the center of a cap. They all launched at me, and I held fire while dodging torpedoes. They managed to sink on of their own, then I took care of the other two at virtually the same time; two groups from each side. I popped smoke, poured on the coals, and got the hell out of there :)
Link Posted: 6/29/2015 9:33:41 AM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:

Also, against a BB, you have to make ALL your torps count, or you're toast. Their secondaries will eat you aliveat close range.

I've been having fun in the Isokaze, but I'm looking forward to moving on to the Minekaze as well.

The Clemson is a turd. It's only saving grace is that it has two sets of torps on each side, giving you one hell of a benefit in a close-in fight with multiple attackers. The one fun moment I've had so far is driving right down the middle of three enemy DDs in the center of a cap. They all launched at me, and I held fire while dodging torpedoes. They managed to sink on of their own, then I took care of the other two at virtually the same time; two groups from each side. I popped smoke, poured on the coals, and got the hell out of there :)
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Just unlocked the 10k torps on the Minekaze last night but did not have a chance to test them out yet. DDs require skill to play well in general.  I induced rage on the last match on my Isokaze before selling it by sinking 3 full health cruisers in a row while hiding behind the same island with torp spreads.  If you had the stand off playstyle for the IJN DDs you should be fine, USN DDs took it in the ass hard on this patch
Link Posted: 6/29/2015 9:42:02 AM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:

Just unlocked the 10k torps on the Minekaze last night but did not have a chance to test them out yet. DDs require skill to play well in general.  I induced rage on the last match on my Isokaze before selling it by sinking 3 full health cruisers in a row while hiding behind the same island with torp spreads.  If you had the stand off playstyle for the IJN DDs you should be fine, USN DDs took it in the ass hard on this patch
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Yeah, with a 4.5km torp range and a 5.9km spotting range, I am not having a whole lot of luck with the Sampson. Add in the HE nerf for DDs and the HE buff for battleships and the US DDs are really in a bad way.  They were gunfighters before vs. the IJN torpedo boats, but now they have lost that too.
Page / 296
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top